Black people don't tip
First Prev
of 20
Next Last
Kern

Houston, TX

#1 Aug 14, 2012
I worked as a pizza delivery driver - Why don't black people tip?
I took a part time job to make some extra cash. I was disappointed to discover that some stereotypes are true.
For the sake of fairness, a small minority of black people did tip, but only a token amount.
IMHO, this is also why serving staff at places like IHOP and Denny's are reluctant to wait on a table full of black folks. They know they will not be receiving a tip.
It was really sad to see and I tried to not let it taint my opinion as a whole.
Prophet

Plano, TX

#2 Aug 14, 2012
Sorry dog but I work too hard for my money I will give you 2 bucks if I have it though.
C Smacker AKA Most Envied

Conley, GA

#3 Aug 14, 2012
Prophet wrote:
Sorry dog but I work too hard for my money I will give you 2 bucks if I have it though.
LOL
Kern

Houston, TX

#5 Aug 14, 2012
No I think Black people don't tip even with good service.
Prophet

Dallas, TX

#6 Aug 14, 2012
You wouldnt know would you?
Anonymous

United States

#7 Aug 14, 2012
Lmao
Roofis wit da gold toofis

New Port Richey, FL

#8 Aug 14, 2012
Kern wrote:
No I think Black people don't tip even with good service.
You are correct Kern. I have even left extra tip money after black friends of mine didn't tip or not much at all. Look what happened to Denny's a few years ago. Das raht

J-Town Ninja OhH YeE AhH

“Version 2.0”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#9 Aug 14, 2012
Kern wrote:
because everyone "owes" them something
better than u

Cookeville, TN

#10 Aug 14, 2012
Not only do they not tip, they expect special treatment and do not even want to pay the bill. I was in a restaurant that featured a buffet style dinner. A table full of mama monkeys got the roast beef. One sent it back to the kitchen several times because it was "too red". Finally the waiter explained that she had gotten "rare" roast beef from the buffet and should order something from the menu if she wanted it specially cooked. After much snorting and carrying on in true monkey fashion one of them made the remark "He must don't know who de prezdent is". This was in 2009. Then they all started arguing with the poor waiter until the manager came out and told them to eat or leave but quit disturbing other diners. They said if they didn't get what they wanted they would not pay for what they "et". Mind you they were shoveling it in as fast as they could go but already trying to figure out how to get out of paying.
Roofis wit da gold toofis

New Port Richey, FL

#11 Aug 14, 2012
better than u wrote:
Not only do they not tip, they expect special treatment and do not even want to pay the bill. I was in a restaurant that featured a buffet style dinner. A table full of mama monkeys got the roast beef. One sent it back to the kitchen several times because it was "too red". Finally the waiter explained that she had gotten "rare" roast beef from the buffet and should order something from the menu if she wanted it specially cooked. After much snorting and carrying on in true monkey fashion one of them made the remark "He must don't know who de prezdent is". This was in 2009. Then they all started arguing with the poor waiter until the manager came out and told them to eat or leave but quit disturbing other diners. They said if they didn't get what they wanted they would not pay for what they "et". Mind you they were shoveling it in as fast as they could go but already trying to figure out how to get out of paying.
I have seen this many many times myself. Let me guess: were they dressed like clowns also? Das raht
better than u

Cookeville, TN

#13 Aug 14, 2012
Yep. Feathered hats, lots of fake "gold", purple dresses and red, greasy lips.
Koz

Houston, TX

#14 Aug 15, 2012
better than u wrote:
Yep. Feathered hats, lots of fake "gold", purple dresses and red, greasy lips.
The only time that I ever went to Golden Corral I saw exactly that with unruly chillin runnin rounds. Purple Feathers Hats, the works. It was comical, yet pathetic.

“just being me”

Level 4

Since: Dec 08

Odessa, TX

#15 Aug 15, 2012
Kern wrote:
I took a part time job to make some extra cash. I was disappointed to discover that some stereotypes are true.
For the sake of fairness, a small minority of black people did tip, but only a token amount.
IMHO, this is also why serving staff at places like IHOP and Denny's are reluctant to wait on a table full of black folks. They know they will not be receiving a tip.
there are some that do

“Pick ya poison, Ya Bish!”

Level 6

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#16 Aug 15, 2012
Man listen if the service is good i'll tip if you have me waiting a hour for a damn pizza .... I probably wont depending on how a feel i always tip gave a waitress a $20 tip she did a great job. Give another $100 oh and i always tip the Papa John's and dominos guy. It depends on the person overall.

J-Town Ninja OhH YeE AhH

“Version 2.0”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#18 Aug 15, 2012
Jiggz29 wrote:
Blacks are notoriously know to be horrible tippers . Hate to say it most are not used to dinning out at expensive restaurants. But it's not just black people it's most poor people who are no acquainted with the service culture.
I tip and didnt grow up rich... 2 people 2 eat at applebees is 20$... wats a 3 dollar tip?

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#19 Aug 15, 2012
Kern wrote:
Well actually... My people that have good jobs tip very well. I used to work for Domino's when I was young and when I went to the wealthy neighborhoods the blacks I delivered to tipped. Now sometimes when I when I went to the lower-middle class or poor neighborhoods I still got a good tip. But people can't give what the don't have.

Another thing... When I dealt with Americanized Asians they tip. When I dealt with Asians that spoke little English and had yet to assimilate I felt they didn't know that they were supposed to tip.

Of course there are those folks in every race that are dying to spit on someone who is "serving" them. It happens.
stupidhead

Monticello, IN

#20 Sep 27, 2012
I wish that blacks did tip so I could be the one black who doesn't.. because I am a jerk..
stupidhead

Monticello, IN

#21 Sep 27, 2012
I am poor I have no job.. because I don't live or deal with pure black people but whites can't understand it.. and say your all black..
stupidhead

Monticello, IN

#22 Sep 27, 2012
I don't even pay for my own meals why the hel would I tip??
KIP

San Francisco, CA

#23 Sep 27, 2012
No one is ENTITLED to a tip.

Tips are GRATUITY. That means the person served leaves a little something extra for the effort made to deliver their quality of service. I'm black and I tip generously when the service is good and I tip very generously when the service and food are above average. However, if my service is bad I'll tip much less and give the establishment a bad restaurant review online. I don't like bad service. If you are unhappy with your job, then resign and move on. Paying customers shouldn't have to be a part of your misery through bad service you provide.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 20
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The UK has left the EU 1 min Black 46
Poll Can Donald Trump beat Hillary Clinton? 2 min Don Barros Serrano 297
News African-Americans should start voting for Repub... 2 min M Wilson 96
White people forget about Britain 6 min ugly monkeys 5
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 6 min Anonymous 46,253
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min Nos TROLL is Waxman 1,394,571
News Chicago-area black population drops as resident... 14 min ugly monkeys 3
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 1 hr Shebrew 135,940
Do black men really have larger penises? (Sep '10) 1 hr Stupid Thread 1,293
More from around the web