“You are by what you do!”

Level 1

Since: Apr 07

Seattle, WA

#1 Apr 20, 2011
I don't want to sound harsh, cold-hearted, or cruel in my assessment of unfortunate people, but I am sick and tired of being bothered by panhandlers asking me for quarters here, fifty cents there, or any other amount of money.

I do not wake up from bed, only to catch a bus at 10 at night on my way to work for 8 grueling hours, to give somebody a quarter.

Just today, a middle aged black man, stopped me in mid walk, to pester me for 75 cents (very sad) to say the least. I flat out told him that I can't help you brother. He looked at me like: I know you got a spare change to help "ME" out.

I got a mortgage to pay, and on top of that, utilities (gas, water, garbage), a family to feed, and Lord knows what else.

I gave what I could to others in the amount of somewhere between ($15 -$20), just this year alone. And if you were one of the lucky ones to have got a part of that - count your blessings, because I ain't giving no more (today, this year, or ever).

The next time somebody ask me if I got spare change - I will won't hesitate to say "NO". But may consider adding to that: Don't go away discouraged. Go and pick up some aluminum cans. A hard, honest day's work ain't never killed nobody.

Loosie

New York, NY

#2 Apr 20, 2011
Yeah the panhandlers are annoying. But the Black ones tend to be more aggressive.

“fk your one way rules.....”

Level 1

Since: Apr 11

Hell, Norway

#3 Apr 20, 2011
ANOTHER doby thread?????

for god's SAKE...
Let the man BOYcott in PIECE,!!!!!
AMP

Brooklyn, NY

#4 Apr 20, 2011
I too am sick of panhandelers...

I dont give them any money. At my last job I worked full-time for a job I hated (Customer service for a cable company). Right before I left I would get sick to my stomach and have anxiety b4 I went to work, then I must take the $$ I earned and give it to these bums.
Cuz that is what they are just plain lazy bums.

People who really fall on hard times I understand cuz my family and friends have been there, but we didnt resort to begging. The gov't give too many handouts for ppl to be begging. If ur disable u get a check. U dont know how many diabled customers I got complaining about how their cable bill was too high and it was unfair cuz they only get 1 check a month from the gov't. Little did they know was that they was speaking to someone who didnt even have cable & didnt give a fuck about their situation.

Yes I dont have cable, because I'd rather spend my money on other important things than on cable & then turn arounnd & blame everybody else for my problems.

Level 1

Location hidden

#5 Apr 20, 2011
oh___Rea11Y wrote:
ANOTHER doby thread?????
for god's SAKE...
Let the man BOYcott in PIECE,!!!!!
Tell me, when did you become fascinated with this "Doby" that you talk about?

Are you able to see him while you're laying on my sofa?

Can you please tell me how he looks?

After Nurse Jones give you your other medication, we shall return back to our discussion about this "Doby" that you seem obsessed with.

Nurse Jones, have you prepared the shot yet?

There,this will make you feel much better.

Now I want you to relax, and start counting backwards from 100.

Level 1

Hell, Norway

#6 Apr 20, 2011
Dissident wrote:
<quoted text>
Your sofa?

Is that a proposition, or are you practicing cyberpsychology without a diploma?

I've been laughing at doby ever since
http://www.topix.com/forum/afam/TKLOHDVCER7B0...

Level 1

Hell, Norway

#7 Apr 20, 2011
Dissident wrote:
<quoted text>

have you prepared the shot yet?
Now I want you to relax,....
How original....lol!

Level 1

Location hidden

#9 Apr 21, 2011
oh___Rea11Y wrote:
<quoted text>
How original....lol!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =1htZFVGsBMwXX
I know you are, but what am I?
AMP

Brooklyn, NY

#10 Apr 21, 2011
Last night I celebrated 420 & it was the first time in a few yrs that I've hung until late at night. I'm a hermit.

Well I was on the D train in the bronx going home,@ about 2am. To my surprise the train was filled with many homeless ppl. I walked from the the first car to the last and there was anywhere from 2 - 6 homeless ppl(mainly men) in EACH subway car. I was so saddened by this and I started thinking about this thread.

a couple of yrs ago, when I used to party alot and come home on the trains I never saw the amount of homeless ppl like there was last night.

With that in mind, I would still keep my money to myself but inside I do say a little prayer for anyone going through any hardship, I pray for God to give them strength to get through whatever it is they are going through.

“You are by what you do!”

Level 1

Renton, WA

#11 Sep 21, 2011
I wish that broke and tired out Negroes stop begging me for money...Just because I'm black and you're black, does not imply that I understand your pain. I need my money, so stop begging me for 25 cents to feed your grown negro behind.
Jason

Jefferson City, TN

#13 Nov 19, 2012
N2blaque wrote:
I don't want to sound harsh, cold-hearted, or cruel in my assessment of unfortunate people, but I am sick and tired of being bothered by panhandlers asking me for quarters here, fifty cents there, or any other amount of money.
I do not wake up from bed, only to catch a bus at 10 at night on my way to work for 8 grueling hours, to give somebody a quarter.
Just today, a middle aged black man, stopped me in mid walk, to pester me for 75 cents (very sad) to say the least. I flat out told him that I can't help you brother. He looked at me like: I know you got a spare change to help "ME" out.
I got a mortgage to pay, and on top of that, utilities (gas, water, garbage), a family to feed, and Lord knows what else.
I gave what I could to others in the amount of somewhere between ($15 -$20), just this year alone. And if you were one of the lucky ones to have got a part of that - count your blessings, because I ain't giving no more (today, this year, or ever).
The next time somebody ask me if I got spare change - I will won't hesitate to say "NO". But may consider adding to that: Don't go away discouraged. Go and pick up some aluminum cans. A hard, honest day's work ain't never killed nobody.
I totally agree. I live in Knoxville and like to go downtown to gay street on fridays and Saturdays. Everytime I go there I only have to get out of my car and some person is asking me for money. I'm sick up to the hat band of it. Some guy claimed to ride the bus and needed 75 cents for a ticket back to Western Avenue. I ride the bus too and know that to get a one way ticket anywhere you need $1.50 in exact change. He kept asking people for money for the bus, but stayed even after he received the .75. Needless to say, I didn't give him money and never give money to panhandlers. Its not that I don't want to help people, but I will not give money to a dishonorable person who lies.
Jason

Jefferson City, TN

#14 Nov 19, 2012
Dissident wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you please tell me how he looks?
After Nurse Jones give you your other medication, we shall return back to our discussion about this "Doby" that you seem obsessed with.
Nurse Jones, have you prepared the shot yet?
Now I want you to relax, and start counting backwards from 100.
Here is something else about panhandlers. When they panhandle in a business district they are hurting business. To those reading this reply, think about it. If you have a favorite place you like to go and when you get there there are people asking for money every 7/10 times, will you want to continue to go there? Most people have some sense of charity in them and it hurts to see someone who is really in need. But how do you tell if they are telling the truth? Its not only that, but nobody wants to feel pressured for something everytime they go out someplace. It provides a form of stress to an already stressed individual. If you are looking to set up a business, do you want to set up in a place where your customers are going to get bombarded by these people? Of course not because it will cause customers not to come there. It will negatively effect your profit, and you will eventually have to shut down. Some people who run businesses in panhandling land have real problems, such as the need to feed their family. Their business is their livelyhood and their property. Panhandlers are violating the business owner's property rights and discouraging business away from him or her. Hence the reason for ordinances that prohibit panhandling within a certain distance from a place of business or a bank. Nothing personal, just business.
Chuck the Chef

Harrisburg, PA

#15 Nov 19, 2012
In NYC some panhandlers station themselves at subway station entrances claiming they don't have monet for the subway fare. They don't even wait for you to get out of hearing range to ask the next person for the same train fare. Some wear broken arm casts in order to appeal to passerby compassion. In Miami I came accross a team of two who worked the bus rout. One, would ask the other to sing famous tangos. After three or four of these requests and mediocre performances, they would then solemnly pass the hat with demanding scowls on their faces.
Ayanna Costa

Lanham, MD

#16 Nov 3, 2013
Panhandling is growing rapid here in Maryland and as per usual it's black people begging who have on better outfits than I do and I actually work for a living. No one is doing anything about it and it is tiring to go some where especially as a single female and be hassled, the business seem not to care anymore so pretty soon I won't be able to go anywhere unless I go further out where there are still white people. I agree with the Republicans fuck this handout shyte! Stop being lazy and do better because half of these people are not even homeless just tired and bums.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I need proof that the Ancient Egyptians Were No... (Oct '07) 3 min zico zimp 28,693
bm tries to remove daughter from will because a... 3 min BLACK -- FAMOUS 6
holacaust was a myth 4 min Spotted Girl 3
Unwanted Help 7 min Spotted Girl 316
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 19 min Grey Ghost 1,174,702
All women prefer white men 20 min BLACK -- FAMOUS 49
George Zimmerman arrested AGAIN for aggravated ... 31 min Sir Jethro 4
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 44 min Ben YISRAEL 105,036
Are black people natural savages? (Nov '11) 3 hr Don Barros Serrano 181
How has Africa from the begining of time influe... (May '13) 4 hr Don Barros Serrano 3,502
More from around the web