Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2014

Trouble wrote:
<quoted text> LMAO.. Haitians are not united, where did you get that from? between 1804 and 1915,(100 years) there were 27 Haitian presidents, and only 3 served their full term, the others were removed and/or assasinated by other Haitians, and even today nothing changed, there is also racism in Haiti.
Most people know about racism/colorism in Haiti but in America most Haitians seem united.

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2014

Trouble wrote:
<quoted text> Its not a Haitian thing. Every ethnic group is very patriotic. Jamaicans believe they are the best, Puerto ricans do, Trinidadians do, even among white groups,Italians think they're the best, Irish, scottish have pride about being scottish, etc...
I was comparing you all the the rest of us who descend from slaves or else I would have included Nigerians andnother whites. But all Caribbeans are more patriotic than us Americam blacks.
Trouble

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2014

sassyntrashy wrote:
<quoted text>But just as many fall on the wrong side of the tracks and become gangsters and terrorize their own hoods.
True, i have known a few Haitian gangmembers personally right here in NYC. But the fact remains as a people we have contributed alot to society today with vast accomplishments in all areas of entertainment, politics, media, business, CEOs, etc. If anybody think they can prove me wrong, just try it

http://haitiennemag.com/2012/12/26/michaelle-...
Trouble

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2014

Tu Maldita Madre wrote:
<quoted text>
Racism in Haiti?? Who do ya hate? Dominicans? The french White people? The blacker people? Each other? I didnt know there was racism in Haiti.
The "blacker people". The country is majority black and the Haitians with the most power and wealth are either mulatto, quadroons, or black haitians who are lighter or appear more European/white. The black African ones who get some power or wealth often marry mulattoes..some dark skin jokes exist, etc
autonomy

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2014

Why would would anyone think it's okay to brag about the few Haitians who have something in terms of material possessions while the majority of the people live in sheer squalor? That is sick.
autonomy

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2014

If Haitians are't united, why title the thread as you've done? Doesn't make sense that you big up Haiti (as the word implies unity) and then become offended when someone says you guys are united. smh. What strangeness. Offended because someone says you are united. lol. Most people find unity to be a good thing.
Trouble

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2014

autonomy wrote:
If Haitians are't united, why title the thread as you've done? Doesn't make sense that you big up Haiti (as the word implies unity) and then become offended when someone says you guys are united. smh. What strangeness. Offended because someone says you are united. lol. Most people find unity to be a good thing.
I wasn't offended about nothing, the lady said something that was not true and i corrected it..it is a fact, what i said was correct. The title of the thread has nothing to do with unity, or political matters. It was to simply show a side of the country that is never shown on TV. Not just about people living good, but the country's magnificent landscape and beauty.
autonomy

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2014

How beautiful is a country where the majority of the people are living so desperately? Very sick to brag about the indecent few who have a little bit of material possession. Imagine if the Jews pointed to the landscape of Germany and called it beautiful and the Germans beautiful while most of their people were dying. So silly and frightening.
autonomy

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2014

If you use the word Haiti it encompasses the people. That means unity in/of itself. Otherwise you should have just said some folks living in Haiti live halfway decently..of which still is a silly point because most of those living in Haiti live horrible and desperate lives. What a slap in the face to those people to point out a few who aren't doing as bad as the majority (in terms of material possession).

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2014

autonomy wrote:
Why would would anyone think it's okay to brag about the few Haitians who have something in terms of material possessions while the majority of the people live in sheer squalor? That is sick.
I agree at least us black americans have a large middle class whole Haiti is either super rich or dirt poor.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2014

autonomy wrote:
I am sti scratching my head abot that one lol. I thought maybe somebody else was trolling his name. All I did was give respect where it was due.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2014

Trouble wrote:
<quoted text> I wasn't offended about nothing, the lady said something that was not true and i corrected it..it is a fact, what i said was correct. The title of the thread has nothing to do with unity, or political matters. It was to simply show a side of the country that is never shown on TV. Not just about people living good, but the country's magnificent landscape and beauty.
Then why did you call this thread livingnthe good life instead of something like beautiful haiti.
Trouble

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2014

sassyntrashy wrote:
<quoted text>Then why did you call this thread livingnthe good life instead of something like beautiful haiti.
Because the video i posted was definitely Haitians living the good life, But i added images of the country's landscape itself to give a comprehensive look of the country, of what is not shown on TV besides the regular run down, dirty parts. Plus there are many other Haitians who are not wealthy but live life just fine, eat everyday, have houses, swimming pools, cars, etc- case in point

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Jesus loves you all!”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2014

Judged:

All I know is that Haiti has billions of dollars of untapped minerals and people rather wallow in the mire on colorism on Topix.
Trouble

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 35 of35
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••