Megan Williams the victim in W VA. to...

Megan Williams the victim in W VA. torture case recants story

Posted in the African-American Forum

glc3

Hillside, NJ

#1 Oct 21, 2009
A black woman whose racially charged allegations of horrific abuse helped put several people in prison now says she lied when she alleged she was kidnapped, sexually assaulted and tortured in a ramshackle West Virginia trailer.

West Virginia authorities said in 2007 that Megan Williams, now of Columbus, Ohio, had been stabbed, beaten with sticks, sexually assaulted, doused with hot water, forced to eat animal feces and taunted with racial slurs by seven white men and women. Read the entire article by clicking the link below:

http://www.letstalkhonestly.com/blacknewsblac...
Honky Harry

New York, NY

#2 Oct 21, 2009
You wont hear a PEEP from the Blacks.

Level 1

Since: Dec 07

Memphis, TN

#3 Oct 21, 2009
Honky Harry wrote:
You wont hear a PEEP from the Blacks.
Dumb azzes, why was she laid up in the hospitsl, why did they all plead guilty, why did they find THEIR body fluids on and in her
glc3

Hillside, NJ

#4 Oct 21, 2009
A black person posted this
MDJ

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#5 Oct 21, 2009
What the heck is going on. I knew, this was going to happen......because she was suppose to be seeing one of the guyz.......and she's mentally, challenged. But hey.....the defendents testified, they did something to her.......so it's not so much a lie.......and they cut her hair.......as seen in the pic. Something happened. I hope she does'nt recant anything.............

“PILL POPPIN CRACKA”

Since: Jul 09

Per Capita, PA

#6 Oct 21, 2009
To late M

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/10/21/assault.r...

A 22-year-old woman whose claims that she was abused in a trailer in rural West Virginia in 2007 helped send six people to prison now says she made up the story, her lawyer said Wednesday.
Attorney Byron Potts says his client is not being pressured to recant her story.

Attorney Byron Potts says his client is not being pressured to recant her story.

"She is recanting her entire story," attorney Byron Potts told reporters in Columbus, Ohio, about his client, Megan Williams, who moved there after the incident. "She says it did not happen. She fabricated it."

He added, "She wanted to get back at her boyfriend. She was mad at him."

In 2007, police acting on a tip found the black woman in a trailer with cuts and bruises. She said she had been stabbed in the leg and beaten, sexually assaulted, forced to eat feces and subjected to a racial slur by her white captors.

The suspects included a mother and son, a separate mother and daughter, and two men. All are still jailed, according to the prosecutor who handled the case.

The incident, which drew extensive media coverage, stirred outrage around the country. Civil rights activist the Rev. Al Sharpton called for the incident to be investigated as a hate crime.

Last year, all six defendants pleaded guilty and were given terms of up to 40 years in prison.

Potts said his client was coming forward "to right the wrong perpetrated on these six individuals." He added that she told him all her injuries except for the bruises on her face were self-inflicted. The bruises, he said, were from an altercation she had had with her then-boyfriend before the incident in question.
Tim John

United States

#7 Oct 21, 2009
I'm disturbed by this woman's behavior, she should undergo a full psychological evaluation, and if she is not suffering from some type of mental psychosis then she should be charged with making a false police report resulting in wrongful convictions...

This is ridiculous, my god, I mean what was all of this about? Because no one gives two dead flies that she was with one of them. So that fact she is trying to use is horsecrap, there's something else to this story....
Michele

United States

#8 Oct 21, 2009
Wow. People have lost their minds. If she is lying then she deserves the chair. Why pay to keep her alive.
Why would those people plead guilty and why did the evidence agree with her? They are not going to get my full sympathy. Justice did not get served because these bottom dwelling laywers play the system and it is becoming a joke. What kind of investigation would be so subjective that a retard could get 4 convictions at 40 years a piece.
I am tired of mental basket case aholes pulling these drawn out media circus stunts (black and white). By them crying wolf, the real victims are ignored. F*ck them all.
MDJ

Location hidden

#9 Oct 21, 2009
MAX PAXIL wrote:
To late M
http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/10/21/assault.r...
A 22-year-old woman whose claims that she was abused in a trailer in rural West Virginia in 2007 helped send six people to prison now says she made up the story, her lawyer said Wednesday.
"She is recanting her entire story," attorney Byron Potts told reporters in Columbus, Ohio, about his client, Megan Williams, who moved there after the incident. "She says it did not happen. She fabricated it."
He added, "She wanted to get back at her boyfriend. She was mad at him."
In 2007, police acting on a tip found the black woman in a trailer with cuts and bruises. She said she had been stabbed in the leg and beaten, sexually assaulted, forced to eat feces and subjected to a racial slur by her white captors.
The suspects included a mother and son, a separate mother and daughter, and two men. All are still jailed, according to the prosecutor who handled the case.
The incident, which drew extensive media coverage, stirred outrage around the country. Civil rights activist the Rev. Al Sharpton called for the incident to be investigated as a hate crime.
Last year, all six defendants pleaded guilty and were given terms of up to 40 years in prison.
Potts said his client was coming forward "to right the wrong perpetrated on these six individuals." He added that she told him all her injuries except for the bruises on her face were self-inflicted. The bruises, he said, were from an altercation she had had with her then-boyfriend before the incident in question.
If that is true MAX-P.......why would the defendants plead guilty if they knew they were innocent? I just don't get it. I mean, if it is true.......she needs help. Ugh! These people are weird nowadays.....i don't know what to believe anymore......and a friend of theirs was the one who reported them to the police. I'm sorry Max, something went on.

“PILL POPPIN CRACKA”

Per Capita, PA

#10 Oct 21, 2009
MDJ wrote:
<quoted text>
If that is true MAX-P.......why would the defendants plead guilty if they knew they were innocent? I just don't get it. I mean, if it is true.......she needs help. Ugh! These people are weird nowadays.....i don't know what to believe anymore......and a friend of theirs was the one who reported them to the police. I'm sorry Max, something went on.
I would only be guessing why? But I will anyway...lol

I think that it was so disturbing and horrible what the lady said was done to her....they had no choice. Imagine her up on the stand telling that story. The jury may have killed them guys themselves. It makes you wonder how many people are sitting in jail because of people making shyt up and they feel they won't be believed. So, they take the shortest sentence they can make a deal for.

I am sure something went on, but why would she recant now if it wasn't a lie.

Like you said....

This world is getting more disturbing everyday.....SAD
Tim John

United States

#11 Oct 21, 2009
MDJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Innocent people plead guilty all the time. Most fear prosecution, they are unfamiliar with court and intricacy of the trial process. Most feel that the very fact that they are in court guarantees their guilt. Often, particularly with the poor that are unable to secure bail, and are forced to wear jail jumpsuits to trial, they fear that a jury will assume their guilt based on how they look.

Also MDJ, you have to look at the tools a prosecutor has, and the gross powers they have. A mindful prosecutor will use the all to common scare tactic of threatening to file more charges against a defendant if they do not take the plead...

Now the filing of more charges often garners convictions, because lay juries assume that because a person is charged with so many charges, that they must be guilty of at least something; otherwise, a prosecution wouldn't be charging more charges on top of the ones charged originally...

And, prosecutors have the power to control the sentencing aspects of the trial, so if you elect to go to trial instead of taking a plead you are subject, if convicted, to a longer more harsh sentence...

It's all capitalism, MDJ, the system has nothing to do with guilt or innocence anymore. It's about salary local, state and federal employees seeking to get enough on their resumes to boost their legal career, while all awhile the innocence of the accused is a joke....
Tim John

United States

#12 Oct 21, 2009
MAX PAXIL wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that it was so disturbing and horrible what the lady said was done to her....they had no choice. Imagine her up on the stand telling that story. The jury may have killed them guys themselves. It makes you wonder how many people are sitting in jail because of people making shyt up and they feel they won't be believed. So, they take the shortest sentence they can make a deal for.
Like you said....
Here, we agree

“PILL POPPIN CRACKA”

Per Capita, PA

#13 Oct 21, 2009
Tim John wrote:
<quoted text>
Here, we agree
common ground has been achieved......

I think your reply to MDJ said it perfectly. The POWER of the STATE is hard to match. They have unlimited resources and if your poor you get a cheap lawyer or a public defender. Money talks in our justice system. Rich people get their azz out of things you and I could not and I don't even consider myself poor. I don't know how you correct the problem either. The justice system isn't fair for sure.
Tim John

United States

#14 Oct 21, 2009
The powers of a prosecutor are godly as compared to a defense attorney. The city, state, or federal government pays for their entire case against you, their professional witnesses, their police witnesses, everything...

You have to pay a defense attorney to do all of the above and it costs for every aspect of your defense. If you do not have money chances are you will be found guilty!

If you use a public defender, their number one role is to get you to take a plead, if you go to trial they have limited resources (money) as compared to the prosecution, in which to defend your case...

So, sadly in America's capitalist society, a plead deal is most poor people's best option!
MDJ

Location hidden

#15 Oct 21, 2009
MAX PAXIL wrote:
<quoted text>
Like you said....
I should'nt be surprised.........or shocked. It's just messed up! This is the second story, this year.......that a girl had to recant what she said.......about being attacked. And she almost sent 5 or 6 boys....to jail.
Bathupta

Bronx, NY

#16 Oct 21, 2009
Maybe shes related to Tawana Brawley or the Duke university stripper

“PILL POPPIN CRACKA”

Per Capita, PA

#17 Oct 21, 2009
MDJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I should'nt be surprised.........or shocked. It's just messed up! This is the second story, this year.......that a girl had to recant what she said.......about being attacked. And she almost sent 5 or 6 boys....to jail.
What makes it even more horrible is that people start questioning ALL sexual abuse victims motives.
MDJ

Location hidden

#18 Oct 21, 2009
Tim John wrote:
<quoted text>
Innocent people plead guilty all the time. Most fear prosecution, they are unfamiliar with court and intricacy of the trial process. Most feel that the very fact that they are in court guarantees their guilt. Often, particularly with the poor that are unable to secure bail, and are forced to wear jail jumpsuits to trial, they fear that a jury will assume their guilt based on how they look.
Also MDJ, you have to look at the tools a prosecutor has, and the gross powers they have. A mindful prosecutor will use the all to common scare tactic of threatening to file more charges against a defendant if they do not take the plead...
Now the filing of more charges often garners convictions, because lay juries assume that because a person is charged with so many charges, that they must be guilty of at least something; otherwise, a prosecution wouldn't be charging more charges on top of the ones charged originally...
And, prosecutors have the power to control the sentencing aspects of the trial, so if you elect to go to trial instead of taking a plead you are subject, if convicted, to a longer more harsh sentence...
It's all capitalism, MDJ, the system has nothing to do with guilt or innocence anymore. It's about salary local, state and federal employees seeking to get enough on their resumes to boost their legal career, while all awhile the innocence of the accused is a joke....
Is Tim John, responding to me?

Am i off Topix Ignore/Punishment? lol!

Thank you TJ.......always articulate and informative as ever.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min My New Alias RULES 1,497,144
News Trump exchange with black journalist sparks out... 2 min Chilli J 28
News King's legacy celebrated as Trump, Lewis duel l... 7 min Savant 416
Talk is Cheap; Lets BOYCOTT / BAN Those Who Spr... 10 min Rooster 4
Trump Campaign Rally for 2020 12 min RMG El Rey de Tra... 2
This good ol' boy never meant no harm! 15 min The Power Of Mast... 939
Why Are Whites So Ugly they in denial? (Aug '15) 19 min Paul 39
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 28 min IT IS I 51,359
Illegal woman in Arizona for decades to be depo... 55 min Lopez 248
All White people should be slaves to Blacks (Dec '12) 3 hr ZooKeeper 127
Why do good looking black women like white men ... (Sep '12) 5 hr SadButTrue 7,632
More from around the web