The Kemetic History of MARTIAL Arts&B...
Black Belt

United States

#228 Jan 19, 2013
Never fear your opponant. He/she puts their pants on one leg at a time like you do.

"I stayed in the sort of places that are awe-inspiring and make your hair stand on end, such as park-shrines, forest-shrines, & tree-shrines. And while I was staying there a wild animal would come, or a bird would make a twig fall, or wind would rustle the fallen leaves. The thought would occur to me:'Is this that fear & terror coming?' Then the thought occurred to me:'Why do I just keep waiting for fear? What if I were to subdue fear & terror in whatever state they come?' So when fear & terror came while I was walking back & forth, I would not stand or sit or lie down. I would keep walking back & forth until I had subdued that fear & terror."--Buddah
Black Belt

United States

#229 Jan 19, 2013
The moon is in Taurus ruled by venus which rules the heart chakra. The sun rules the solar-plexus which is the "brain" of the lower body. the area surrounding the the gastral intestinal tract even looks like grey brain matter. Martal artists know with a powerfull enough blow to the stomach,they can kill you. Boxers work this area of the body to weaken its opponant.
Cap Black

Huntsville, AL

#230 Jan 31, 2013
Mars is in sidereal Capricorn.Mars is exalted(or best position in Capricorn)

Mars is the defense minister in the Government of the Almighty. If Mars is not powerful in one's natal chart, administrative ability will be lacking in the native. He represents the physical strength of the cosmic Man. Words like Martial Arts, Martial Law are all derived from Mars.

"The art of war is of vital importance to the State.
Now the general is the bulwark of the State; if the bulwark is complete at all points; the State will be strong; if the bulwark is defective, the State will be weak. "-Sun Tzu Art of War
Cap Black

Huntsville, AL

#231 Jan 31, 2013
Mars the planet of war is strong (the technical term is exalted) in the sign of business, discipline and status(Capricorn). His “go for it” energy has a focus. And you know how powerful focused energy can be. This is the young warrior (Mars) who has matured into a seasoned general (Capricorn). Unlike Scorpio’s obsessive, emotionally driven focus, Mars in Capricorn is about business first, passion second.

Negative Capricorn is always attempting to use the resources in his or her environment for purely personal advantages and stepping on people along the way to the mountain top is just “collateral damage.”

“Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.”--Sun Tzu, The Art of War

only you can beat yourself.

" The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself"-. Sun Tzu
Cap Black

Huntsville, AL

#232 Jan 31, 2013
"He who loves 50 people has 50 woes; he who loves no one has no woes"-Buddah

"Woke up with 50 enemies plotten my death
all 50 seein' visions of me shot in the chest
Couldn't rest, nah nicca I was stressed
had me creepin 'round corners, homie sleepin in my vest
Sh1t, I'm like a hostage on this troubled block
call tha cops, a thug nicca screamin Westside bustin' double glocks'_Tupac(R.I.P)
Cap Black

United States

#233 Jan 31, 2013
"Never give a sword to a man who can't dance".- Confucious
Cap Black

United States

#234 Jan 31, 2013
The moon is in Libra the scales. Therre is a star named "the price of the conflict" in libra. One should always consider the price of the conflict before taking it on. After Libra(peace),comes war(scorpio). Balance is everything.

"He who relies solely on warlike measures shall be exterminated; he who relies solely on peaceful measures shall perish."-Sunt Zu(art of war)
Cap Black

Huntsville, AL

#235 Feb 1, 2013
http://www.fightingarts.com/reading/article.p...

Buddist practices incorporated into martial arts include the development of deep samadhi ,single pointed meditation which enables the experienced practitioner to place his or her mind on any object and keep it there with clarity and stability for as long as they want to.

Samadhi in the Buddhist practice tradition is cultivated to permit meditators to observe the subtle working of their mind, and escape the confusion of disturbed mental states. But single pointed concentration is a requirement of many other highly developed activities with no spiritual objectives at all: piloting a plane in a storm, hitting a baseball before 50,000 fans, trading stocks while watching markets move on half a dozen monitors at once, fighting a deadly opponent, armed or unarmed – all these demand deep concentration.

“The ultimate aim of martial arts is not having to use them”---Miyamoto Musashi, A Book of Five Rings: The Classic Guide to Strategies

“It is difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet”---Miyamoto Musashi,

“Respect Buddha and the gods without counting on their help”-- Miyamoto Musashi,

“The true science of martial arts means practicing them in such a way that they will be useful at any time, and to teach them in such a way that they will be useful in all things.”---Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings: Miyamoto Musashi
Cap Black

Huntsville, AL

#236 Feb 1, 2013
The government(u.s military)understands the science of nature, also time their wars based on planetary positions. Im sure Hariet Tubman understood to make moves when the moon is void of coarse(transiting from one sign to the next). As during that phase,the chances of anything happening to you are decreased.
The romans military campaigns usually began in the spring,or March,named after "Mars",the planet of war.
It has been shown in the Dos pilas staircase that the maya were timing some of their wars based upon geometric and stationary points of Venus and Jupiter.

"Given a knowledge of three things--the affairs of men, the seasons of heaven(planetary inflinces) and the natural advantages of earth(knowledge of ley lines/electromagnetic grids on earth)--, victory will invariably crown your battles."-Sun Tzu(Art of war)
Cap Black

Huntsville, AL

#237 Apr 12, 2013
The sun,mars,and venus are now in Aries the warrior.

Anything can be converted into a meditation because the whole thing is awareness. And of course, in swordsmanship more awareness is needed than anywhere else because life will be at stake every moment. When fighting with a sword you have to be constantly alert -- a single moment's unconsciousness and you will be gone.

In fact, a real swordsman does not function out of his mind, he cannot function out of his mind -- because mind takes time. It thinks, calculates. And when you are fighting with a sword, where is time? There is no time. If you miss a single fragment of a second in thinking, the other will not miss the opportunity: the other's sword will penetrate into your heart or cut off your head.

So thinking is not possible. One has to function out of no-mind, one has to simply function, because the danger is so much that you cannot afford the luxury of thinking. Thinking needs an easy chair. You just relax in the easy chair and you go off on mind trips. But when you are fighting and life is at stake and the swords are shining in the sun and at any moment a slight unawareness and the other will not lose the opportunity, you will be gone forever, there is no space for thought to appear, one has to function out of no-thought. That's what meditation is all about.

Swordsmanship became one of the UPAYAS, one of the basic methodologies. Because the very thing is so dangerous that it doesn't allow thinking. It can lead you towards a different type of functioning, a different type of reality, a separate reality. You know of only one way to function: to think first and then to function. In swordsmanship, a different-type of existence becomes open to you: you function first and then you think. Thinking is no longer primary, and this is the beauty.. when thinking is not primary, you cannot err.

It is said that sometimes it has happened in Japan that two Zen people will fight who have both attained to satori through swordsmanship. They cannot be defeated. Nobody can be victorious because they both never err. Before the other attacks, the first has already made preparations to receive it. Before the other's sword moves to cut off his head, he is already prepared to defend the attack. And the same happens with his attack. Two Zen people who have attained to satori can go on fighting for years, but it is impossible -- they cannot err. Nobody can be defeated and nobody can be victorious.
Cap Black

Huntsville, AL

#238 Apr 13, 2013
In the intro to the song,the samurai tells his young son..

"choose the sword and you will join me
choose the ball and you join your mother in death
you dont understand my words,but you must choose"

http://www.fightingarts.com/content06/graphic...

If you were to place the ball on the ground and try to strike it however you can, on whatever side you might wish to, you can imagine that you will not be able to strike it firmly, no matter whether you hit it in the center or on the edge. This is because it defends itself with its motion. In fact, if you study how it moves, you will see that it is a naturally mobile instrument.
remember that our bodies are the same as the ball and move with the same skill and agility....

While this can be seen as a simple example to express how one should move in offense and defense, Agrippa’s ball would have reminded the educated reader of the same Vitruvian classical circular conception of the human body. In other words, human beings being (metaphorically) spherical are naturally perfect, and capable of the most perfect form of motion, rotation about a center.
Level 5

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#239 Apr 13, 2013
Capricorn Black wrote:
Topix wouldn't let me paste the link
[B.S.P.O.T.A.M.C= Begin Spiritual Protection Of The All Mighty Creator; I use the words for protection from the moderators.]
Level 5

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#240 Apr 13, 2013
Cap Black wrote:
"Never give a sword to a man who can't dance".- Confucious
[B.S.P.O.T.A.M.C: The same goes for men with guns and jets, amen ra!]

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#241 Apr 27, 2013
Many think that only the East Asians developed martial arts. Which is not true.
Cap Black

Huntsville, AL

#242 May 13, 2013
http://www.praveenmk.com/kalari_steps.html
Kalari Payat: Mother of All Martial Arts

There are 108 marmas in a human body of which 64 are mainly used during fights. Hitting these marmas with bare hands, elbows or even pressing with fingers can freeze or disable certain parts of the body, can make a man unconscious. There are many techniques to make it back normal, these are scientifically described in the kalari texts .

Capricorn Black

“Thy rod and thy staff ”

Level 6

Since: Aug 11

they comfort me

#243 May 14, 2013
Marma Vibhaga (pressure point portions): Only selected students who are interested and efficient to become the masters are taught the Marma Shastram (vital points or pressure points). The art of attacking vital points based on Marma sutras ( "hymns"), describe in detail the exact location of 108 vital points of human body and the symptoms arising when these points are used or attacked. The sutras also devote many pages regarding the qualities required to become a master like the abolition of the ego, absolute control of anger, tranquility of mind. The true master does not use this art for personal use. He should teach this knowledge to the disciples whose honesty and sincerity have been proven and who have already gone through all stages of technical Kalaripayat.
Cap Black

Huntsville, AL

#244 May 16, 2013
In India, yoga is the most popular method of raising and regulating one's prana or chi. In the Far East, martial arts practice was popular for raising chi.

Breathing in and out through the nose is the only method that enables the body to process Chi energy effectively. Most people understand the importance of breathing in through the nose. When we breathe in through the nose, there are a series of defense mechanisms that prevent impurities and extremely cold air from entering the body

By exhaling through the nose, rather than allowing the Chi energy to be expelled with the carbon dioxide, we transfer it to the dan tien or hara, located about three finger widths below the umbilicus. With each breath we take in, more Chi enters the body and circles down to the dan tien, growing stronger and stronger. During this breathing process, the tongue is up, touching the top palate of the mouth just behind the front teeth and the air is expelled from the nose with a slightly audible hiss. There is also a feeling of the abdominal walls contracting down with the exhalation.
Cap Black

Huntsville, AL

#245 May 16, 2013
an exampe of the breathing methods.This style is called "Tensho" or rotating palms

In Dragon Style Kung Fu, power is believed to emanate from the waist. Because the waist is the largest muscle in the body (something not everyone is particularly proud of) and the only one cross-hatched in three different directions, it is considered the best source of physical power. Most people use the strength of their upper bodies and shoulders. But Dragon Style Kung Fu teaches people how to draw energy from the waist and manifest it through their hands and feet.
Cap Black

Huntsville, AL

#246 May 16, 2013
India too has numerous martial arts, kalaripayattu of Kerala being the most well-known among them. The highest stage of kalaripayattu is marmaadi, based on the knowledge of the body's marma (vital) points. The human body is believed to have 26 meridians through which prana or chi flows. Marma points, over a hundred, are located on these meridians. When pressure is applied on a marma point, the prana flow alters. The key lies in the degree of force used. A forceful blow on a marma point might lead to paralysis or even death. Less pressure applied in a particular way on the same point will induce healing by correcting the prana flow, as done in marma chikitsa, practiced in Kerala.

Capricorn Black

“Thy rod and thy staff ”

Level 6

Since: Aug 11

they comfort me

#247 May 16, 2013
Skiff Azlaan wrote:
<quoted text>
[B.S.P.O.T.A.M.C= Begin Spiritual Protection Of The All Mighty Creator; I use the words for protection from the moderators.]
lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MASTER IM WHITE fails at Everything!!! 2 min White 10
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min flack 1,657,373
The 'Almanac' is racist... 8 min Master Ttt 1
Michael Jackson was a pedophile 12 min White 1
Donald Trump is saving the US economy 13 min White 1
Pervert Alabama Republican Roy Moore 13 min Jake 80
minimum wage increase when is it gonna start? (Apr '07) 13 min Bill 10
Leftoids Are Mentally Ill 48 min KIP 59
Why don't black people just brag about Nubia? 2 hr Harrisson 226
Do black men really have larger penises? (Sep '10) 3 hr Karenna S 1,614