Level 4

Since: Jun 13

North Carolina

#128 Jun 26, 2013
MrAnderson9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sit down with your fake pics :)
From someone with no pics at all? LMAO!
Lets see them dry assed braids! I even got some theme music for you!
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Whip it!
Charming Little Devil

Jacksonville, FL

#129 Jun 26, 2013
bitterSWEET910 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Much appreciated Law :)
Call 'em as I see 'em.
You want some of this dark, Satanic lovin?
Delivery

Bristol, UK

#131 Jun 26, 2013
Anderson is like the Kanye West of this forum, thinks to highly of himself and is a control freak of nature.

“No more hate”

Level 4

Since: Jun 13

North Carolina

#132 Jun 26, 2013
Uhh....no.
Im out.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#133 Jun 26, 2013
LawOfAttractive wrote:
Aziya how long will the homemade relaxer last? I would to try just to get a straight style but I'm natural and don't want to alter my texture.
heres another one

http://blackhair101.com/hair-care/homemade-ha...

Level 5

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#134 Jun 26, 2013
Scalp Energizer
Mix together 2 drops peppermint oil and 4 oz. water in a spray bottle.
Spray this directly on your scalp. This will help with an itchy scalp.

Alternatively, try 1 tbsp. honey with 1 egg yolk,½ tsp. almond oil and 1 tbsp. of plain yogurt. Mix all the ingredients, apply to your hair and leave on for 30 minutes or more.

Hair Rinse
In a large bowl, mix together 2 tsp. honey, 1/4 cup lemon juice and 4 cups warm water. After you wash your hair, pour this over your head. Do not wash out. Style and dry as you usually would.

Conditioner
Add 2 tsp. lemon juice, 1 tsp. honey and 1 egg, and beat the mixture. Heat in a double boiler until it is creamy. Mix in 3 drops of rosemary oil and 1/4 cup almond or coconut oil, slowly adding it to the egg mixture. Apply on your hair, add a plastic cap and leave on for up to 30 minutes, then shampoo and rinse.

Another homemade recipe is to use one apricot, 2 tsp. honey and 1 tbsp. apricot oil. Blend all the ingredients together, apply to your washed hair and wrap in plastic. Rinse it out after 30 minutes. Honey attracts and holds moisture, so it is a natural choice for conditioning African American hair and skin.

For an easy conditioner, mayonnaise massaged on your head for a few minutes and then rinsed well gives your black hair shine.

Shea aloe.

\

1/2 cup shea butter
1/2 cup 100% aloe jelly/juice (used Lily of the Desert)
1Tbs emulsifying wax
1Tbs honey
10-40 drops e.o.'s to your hearts content (i like ylang ylang and lavender.

Melt shea butter, honey, and wax in double boiler for 20 min.
Add aloe and e.o.'s and simmer for 3 min.
Let it cool naturally mixing with habd mixer every half hour or so. Should take a couple of hours to harden.

Lip balm

Coconut oil
Beewax (this gives it a solid form, so the more you use the more solid it would be)
Olive oil
Honey
FO (I used blueberry fragrance oil, found it at a local soap store in Norway)

Melt oils, waxes and honey. Whisk well or the honey would settle at the bottom of the jar. Experience.

Or you can wait for it to cool and mix with a spoon or a fork. It's best to pour the oils in your container and let it cool there. Less mess.

Avocado Hair Mask

1 ripe avocado

1 tbsp honey

2 tbsp olive oil

1 tsp castor oil

Mash the avocado in a bowl and add the honey and the oils (You can substitute with any oil you wish.) If you have a blender you can puree this or just mix until creamy. Apply to your hair wet or dry under a plastic cap, then let sit for about 20 minutes. Rinse and wash hair as normal.

Here's a really good leave-in I made:

1 cup water (distilled or purified)

1/3 cup rosewater/glycerine

4 tablespoons light conditioner (like VO5 Nourishing Oasis Honey & Almond)

1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil

I put all these ingrediets in aspray bottle and shake very well. This is great and is a really good detangler.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#135 Jun 26, 2013
MrAnderson9 wrote:
<quoted text>
I got the braids out look now. You remember the group "BONE" I got like a Bizzy Bone thing going right now. Females love it.
The part down the middle with the wavy look on each side or a wavy fro?

Location hidden

#136 Jun 26, 2013
Queen_Nefertari wrote:
Scalp Energizer
Mix together 2 drops peppermint oil and 4 oz. water in a spray bottle.
Spray this directly on your scalp. This will help with an itchy scalp.
Alternatively, try 1 tbsp. honey with 1 egg yolk,½ tsp. almond oil and 1 tbsp. of plain yogurt. Mix all the ingredients, apply to your hair and leave on for 30 minutes or more.
Hair Rinse
In a large bowl, mix together 2 tsp. honey, 1/4 cup lemon juice and 4 cups warm water. After you wash your hair, pour this over your head. Do not wash out. Style and dry as you usually would.
Conditioner
Add 2 tsp. lemon juice, 1 tsp. honey and 1 egg, and beat the mixture. Heat in a double boiler until it is creamy. Mix in 3 drops of rosemary oil and 1/4 cup almond or coconut oil, slowly adding it to the egg mixture. Apply on your hair, add a plastic cap and leave on for up to 30 minutes, then shampoo and rinse.
Another homemade recipe is to use one apricot, 2 tsp. honey and 1 tbsp. apricot oil. Blend all the ingredients together, apply to your washed hair and wrap in plastic. Rinse it out after 30 minutes. Honey attracts and holds moisture, so it is a natural choice for conditioning African American hair and skin.
For an easy conditioner, mayonnaise massaged on your head for a few minutes and then rinsed well gives your black hair shine.
Shea aloe.
\
1/2 cup shea butter
1/2 cup 100% aloe jelly/juice (used Lily of the Desert)
1Tbs emulsifying wax
1Tbs honey
10-40 drops e.o.'s to your hearts content (i like ylang ylang and lavender.
Melt shea butter, honey, and wax in double boiler for 20 min.
Add aloe and e.o.'s and simmer for 3 min.
Let it cool naturally mixing with habd mixer every half hour or so. Should take a couple of hours to harden.
Lip balm
Coconut oil
Beewax (this gives it a solid form, so the more you use the more solid it would be)
Olive oil
Honey
FO (I used blueberry fragrance oil, found it at a local soap store in Norway)
Melt oils, waxes and honey. Whisk well or the honey would settle at the bottom of the jar. Experience.
Or you can wait for it to cool and mix with a spoon or a fork. It's best to pour the oils in your container and let it cool there. Less mess.
Avocado Hair Mask
1 ripe avocado
1 tbsp honey
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp castor oil
Mash the avocado in a bowl and add the honey and the oils (You can substitute with any oil you wish.) If you have a blender you can puree this or just mix until creamy. Apply to your hair wet or dry under a plastic cap, then let sit for about 20 minutes. Rinse and wash hair as normal.
Here's a really good leave-in I made:
1 cup water (distilled or purified)
1/3 cup rosewater/glycerine
4 tablespoons light conditioner (like VO5 Nourishing Oasis Honey & Almond)
1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil
I put all these ingrediets in aspray bottle and shake very well. This is great and is a really good detangler.
thanks. ill try some of em, all of those sound good. my daughter likes making her own lip gloss too.

“What do the stars say......”

Since: May 11

...explore outside the milkway

#137 Jun 26, 2013
MrAnderson9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it.
You already did.

“Obsidian Princess”

Level 8

Since: Sep 09

louisiana

#138 Jun 26, 2013
extra virgin olive oil is great for dandruff.

Level 3

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#139 Jun 26, 2013
Anderson, shut your btch asz up! Worry about your pic-less self.
[email protected]
He getting all whiny because everyone don't like him.

“Creole Coated!”

Level 6

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#140 Jun 26, 2013

Location hidden

#141 Jun 27, 2013
Proud Sis wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =aSa_F2jyiyMXX
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
thnks. good videos.

“Creole Coated!”

Level 6

Location hidden

#142 Jun 27, 2013
Aziya Shines wrote:
<quoted text>thnks. good videos.
Good thread...
and yeah..I follow the vids...but I'm thinking about trying the one you listed for "homemade relaxer"..How long does the "straight" hair last?

Level 8

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#143 Jun 27, 2013

Location hidden

#144 Jun 27, 2013
Proud Sis wrote:
<quoted text>Good thread...
and yeah..I follow the vids...but I'm thinking about trying the one you listed for "homemade relaxer"..How long does the "straight" hair last?
it depends,pretty much until the next wash. u know its not like a chemical relaxer,it basically just loosens the curl, make it more manageable. the more u use it the straighter the hair gets, with each use. but ppl have different results. u can watch these on yt too.

“Creole Coated!”

Level 6

Location hidden

#145 Jun 27, 2013
vampiYAH stabB wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =ns3VXi-VsmEXX
interest vid.. Baking Soda? Never thought of that..

“Creole Coated!”

Level 6

Location hidden

#146 Jun 27, 2013
Aziya Shines wrote:
<quoted text>it depends,pretty much until the next wash. u know its not like a chemical relaxer,it basically just loosens the curl, make it more manageable. the more u use it the straighter the hair gets, with each use. but ppl have different results. u can watch these on yt too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =VWCb1uQQfUAXX
Thanks..I will be trying this for sure....the woman in the link..hair looks pretty straight/good..

Level 8

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#147 Jun 27, 2013
Proud Sis wrote:
<quoted text>interest vid.. Baking Soda? Never thought of that..
Its pretty effective stuff...

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#149 Jun 28, 2013
dragonpat wrote:
extra virgin olive oil is great for dandruff.
O for cradle cap in babies. White and Biracial babies often get cradle cap. So IRBW need to be aware if how to take care of a baby who has slightly different needs to full black babies :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you understand 2 min Truth Hurts 4
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min TeaRumpster 1,395,438
Poll Who has the best skin color? Whites, Blacks, As... (Nov '10) 5 min Omwtfyb 271
Why Are White People Obsessed with Race 6 min cracker 13
Benghazi...... Hillary Guilty !!!! 11 min HillaryNo wont ha... 24
News Donald Trump Is Unfit to Lead 13 min Tom Clancey 77
Why Are Black People Scared Of Water? (Dec '09) 17 min cracker 118
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 36 min TranshumanX 46,421
5 stabbed @ white nationalist trump rally 41 min Fukanig 79
How Fkn dumb can Republicans get? 2.0 1 hr Fukanig 80
News African-Americans should start voting for Repub... 3 hr Democrat Hero 280
More from around the web