Level 8

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#47819 Jan 19, 2013
His religion, Master Thomas ,neither made him emancipate his slaves, nor caused him to treat them with greater humanity. If religion had any effect on his character at all, it made him more cruel and hateful in all his ways. The natural wickedness of his heart had not been removed, but only reŽnforced, by the profession of religion. Do I judge him harshly? God forbid. Facts are facts. Capt. Auld made the greatest profession of piety. His house was, literally, a house of prayer. In the morning, and in the evening, loud prayers and hymns were heard there, in which both himself and his wife joined; yet, no more meal was brought from the mill, no more attention was paid to the moral welfare of the kitchen; and nothing was done to make us feel that the heart of Master Thomas was one whit better than it was before he went into the little pen, opposite to the preachers' stand, on the camp ground.Deuteronomy 28:64;And the LORD shall scatter thee among all people, from the one end of the earth even unto the other; and there thou shalt serve other gods, which neither thou nor thy fathers have known, even wood and stone.Deuteronomy 28:36;The LORD shall bring thee, and thy king which thou shalt set over thee, unto a nation which neither thou nor thy fathers have known; and there shalt thou serve other gods, wood and stone.Deuteronomy 31:17;Then my anger shall be kindled against them in that day, and I will forsake them, and I will hide my face from them, and they shall be devoured, and many evils and troubles shall befall them; so that they will say in that day, Are not these evils come upon us, because our God is not among us?

Level 8

Location hidden

#47820 Jan 20, 2013
Barros Serrano wrote:
<quoted text>
You're DNA will reveal you to be a typical Afro-whitey Yank, and with ancestry of 3 species: sapiens, neandertalensis and heidelbergensis.
You have no Hebrew DNA.
There was, in the Bay Side, very near the camp ground, where my master got his religious impressions, a man named Edward Covey, who enjoyed the execrated reputation, of being a first rate hand at breaking young negroes. This Covey was a poor man, a farm renter; and this reputation,(hateful as it was to the slaves and to all good men,) was, at the same time, of immense advantage to him. It enabled him to get his farm tilled with very little expense, compared with what it would have cost him without this most extraordinary reputation. Some slaveholders thought it an advantage to let Mr. Covey have the government of their slaves a year or two, almost free of charge, for the sake of the excellent training such slaves got under his happy management! Like some horse breakers, noted for their skill, who ride the best horses in the country without expense, Mr. Covey could have under him, the most fiery bloods of the neighborhood, for the simple reward of returning them to their owners, well broken. Added to the natural fitness of Mr. Covey for the duties of his profession, he was said to "enjoy religion," THIS YO MIND SET!! you imagine yo self to be a slave Breaker?

Level 8

Location hidden

#47821 Jan 20, 2013
Barros Serrano wrote:
<quoted text>
You're DNA will reveal you to be a typical Afro-whitey Yank, and with ancestry of 3 species: sapiens, neandertalensis and heidelbergensis.
You have no Hebrew DNA.
and was as strict in the cultivation of piety, as he was in the cultivation of his farm. I was made aware of his character by some who had been under his hand; and while I could not look forward to going to him with any pleasure, I was glad to get away from St. Michael's. I was sure of getting enough to eat at Covey's, even if I suffered in other respects. This, to a hungry man, is not a prospect to be regarded with indifference.see how yo peoples did us? bro would get beat just to eat!!!do you lmew bout the slave letters? best you read some of this!!COVEY, THE NEGRO BREAKER.THATS YO NEW NAME!!January, 1834, BOY that aint just to to long ago!!we would still have mind set from that era lingering with us!

Level 8

Location hidden

#47822 Jan 20, 2013
Barros Serrano wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no Hebrew DNA.
Master Thomas. The latter had been as good as his word, and had committed me, without reserve, to the mastery of Mr. Edward Covey. Eight or ten years had now passed since I had been taken from my grandmother's cabin,Deuteronomy 28:32;Thy sons and thy daughters shall be given unto another people, and thine eyes shall look, and fail with longing for them all the day long: and there shall be no might in thine hand.

Level 8

Location hidden

#47823 Jan 20, 2013
Barros Serrano wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no Hebrew DNA.
Barros Serrano;. I was now about to sound profounder depths in slave life.rigors of a field, less tolerable than the field of battle, awaited me. My new master was notorious for his fierce and savage disposition, and my only consolation in going to live with him was, the certainty of finding him precisely as represented by common fame. There was neither joy in my heart, nor elasticity in my step, as I started in search of the tyrant's home. Starvation made me glad to leave Thomas Auld's, and the cruel lash made me dread to go to Covey's. Escape was impossible; so, heavy and sad, I paced the seven miles, which separated Covey's house from St. Michael's--thinking much by the solitary way--averse to my condition; but thinking was all I could do. Like a fish in a net, allowed to play for a time, I was now drawn rapidly to the shore, secured at all points. "I am," thought I, "but the sport of a power which makes no account, either of my welfare or of my happiness. By a law which I can clearly comprehend, but cannot evade nor resist, I am ruthlessly snatched from the hearth of a fond grandmother, and hurried away to the home of a mysterious 'old master;' again I am removed from there, to a master in Baltimore; thence am I snatched away to the Eastern Shore, to be valued with the beasts of the field, and, with them, divided and set apart for a possessor; then I am sent back to Baltimore; and by the time I have formed new attachments, and have begun to hope that no more rude shocks shall touch me, a difference arises between brothers, and I am again broken up, and sent to St. Michael's; and now, from the latter place, I am footing my way to the home of a new master, where, I am given to understand, that,like a wild young working animal, I am to be broken to the yoke of a bitter and life-long bondage."Deuteronomy 28:29;And thou shalt grope at noonday, as the blind gropeth in darkness, and thou shalt not prosper in thy ways: and thou shalt be only oppressed and spoiled evermore, and no man shall save thee.Deuteronomy 28:34;So that thou shalt be mad for the sight of thine eyes which thou shalt see.Deuteronomy 28:59;Then the LORD will make thy plagues wonderful, and the plagues of thy seed, even great plagues, and of long continuance, and sore sicknesses, and of long continuance.Deuteronomy 28:65;And among these nations shalt thou find no ease, neither shall the sole of thy foot have rest: but the LORD shall give thee there a trembling heart, and failing of eyes, and sorrow of mind:

Level 8

Location hidden

#47824 Jan 20, 2013
Barros Serrano wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you bring out your DNA results?
They show definitively that you are NOT a Hebrew!
WHATCHAGONNADO?
The good clothes I had brought with me from Baltimore were now worn thin, and had not been replaced; for Master Thomas was as little careful to provide us against cold, as against hunger. Met here by a north wind, sweeping through an open space of forty miles, I was glad to make any port; and, therefore, I speedily pressed on to the little wood-colored house. The family consisted of Mr. and Mrs. Covey; Miss Kemp,(a broken-backed woman,) a sister of Mrs. Covey; William Hughes, cousin to Edward Covey; Caroline, the cook; Bill Smith, a hired man; and myself. Bill Smith, Bill Hughes, and myself, were the working force of the farm, which consisted of three or four hundred acres. I was now, for the first time in my life, to be a field hand; and in my new employment I found myself even more awkward than a green country boy may be supposed to be,_________Deuteronomy 28:39;Thou shalt plant vineyards, and dress them, but shalt neither drink of the wine, nor gather the grapes; for the worms shall eat them.Deuteronomy 28:48;Therefore shalt thou serve thine enemies which the LORD shall send against thee, in hunger, and in thirst, and in nakedness, and in want of all things: and he shall put a yoke of iron upon thy neck, until he have destroyed thee.Deuteronomy 28:33;The fruit of thy land, and all thy labours, shall a nation which thou knowest not eat up; and thou shalt be only oppressed and crushed alway:

Level 8

Location hidden

#47825 Jan 20, 2013
Barros Serrano wrote:
<quoted text>
WHATCHAGONNADO?
I had been at my new home but three days, before Mr. Covey,(my brother in the Methodist church,) gave me a bitter foretaste of what was in reserve for me. I presume he thought, that since he had but a single year in which to complete his work, the sooner he began, the better. Perhaps he thought that, by coming to blows at once, we should mutually better understand our relations. But to whatever motive, direct or indirect, the cause may be referred, I had not been in his possession three whole days, before he subjected me to a most brutal chastisement. Under his heavy blows, blood flowed freely, and wales were left on my back as large as my little finger. The sores on my back, from this flogging, continued for weeks, for they were kept open by the rough and coarse cloth which I wore for shirting. The occasion and details of this first chapter of my experience as a field hand, must be told, that the reader may see how unreasonable, as well as how cruel, my new master, Covey, was. The whole thing I found to be characteristic of the man; and I was probably treated no worse by him than scores of lads who had previously been committed to him, for reasons similar to those which induced my master to place me with him. But, here are the facts connected with the affair, precisely as they occurred.On one of the coldest days of the whole month of January, 1834, I was ordered, at day break, to get a load of wood, from a forest about two miles from the house, In order to perform this work, Mr. Covey gave me a pair of unbroken oxen, for, it seems, his breaking abilities had not been turned in this direction; and I may remark, in passing, that working animals in the south, are seldom so well trained as in the north. In due form, and with all proper ceremony, I was introduced to this huge yoke of unbroken oxen, and was carefully told which was "Buck," and which was "Darby"--which was the "in hand," and which was the "off hand" ox. The master of this important ceremony was no less a person than Mr. Covey, himself; and the introduction, was the first of the kind I had ever had. My life, hitherto, had led me away from horned cattle, and I had no knowledge of the art of managing them. What was meant by the "in ox," as against the "off ox," when both were equally fastened to one cart, and under one yoke,_________Deuteronomy 28:48;Therefore shalt thou serve thine enemies which the LORD shall send against thee, in hunger, and in thirst, and in nakedness, and in want of all things: and he shall put a yoke of iron upon thy neck, until he have destroyed thee.,. After initiating me into the "woa," "back" "gee," "hither"--the entire spoken language between oxen and driver--Mr. Covey took a rope, about ten feet long and one inch thick, and placed one end of it around the horns of the "in hand ox," and gave the other end to me, telling me that if the oxen started to run away, as the scamp knew they would, I must hold on to the rope and stop them. I need not tell any one who is acquainted with either the strength or the disposition of an untamed ox, that,

Level 8

Location hidden

#47826 Jan 20, 2013
Barros Serrano wrote:
<quoted text>
WHATCHAGONNADO?
this order was about as unreasonable, as a command to shoulder a mad bull! I had never driven oxen before, and I was as awkward, as a driver, as it is possible to conceive. It did not answer for me to plead ignorance, to Mr. Covey; there was something in his manner that quite forbade that. He was a man to whom a slave seldom felt any disposition to speak. Cold, distant, morose, with a face wearing all the marks of captious pride and malicious sternness, he repelled all advances. Covey was not a large man; he was only about five feet ten inches in height, I should think; short necked, round shoulders; of quick and wiry motion, of thin and wolfish visage; with a pair of small, greenish-gray eyes, set well back under a forehead without dignity, and constantly in motion, and floating his passions, rather than his thoughts, in sight, but denying them utterance in words. The creature presented an appearance altogether ferocious and sinister, disagreeable and forbidding, in the extreme. When he spoke, it was from the corner of his mouth, and in a sort of light growl, like a dog, when an attempt is made to take a bone from him. The fellow had already made me believe him even worse than he had been represented. With his directions, and without stopping to question, I started for the woods, quite anxious to perform my first exploit in driving, in a creditable manner. The distance from the house to the woods gate--a full mile, I should think--was passed over with very little difficulty; for although the animals ran, I was fleet enough, in the open field, to keep pace with them; especially as they pulled me along at the end of the rope, I now saw, in my situation, several points of similarity with that of the oxen. They were property, so was I; they were to be broken, so was I. Covey was to break me, I was to break them; break and be broken--such is life.It required only two day's experience and observation to teach me, that such apparent waste of time would not be lightly overlooked by Covey. I therefore hurried toward home; but, on reaching the lane gate, I met with the crowning disaster for the day. This gate was a fair specimen of southern handicraft. distance. OK the SLAVE OWNER BEAT THE SLAVE!: This done, he ordered me to take off my clothes. To this unreasonable order I made no reply, but sternly refused to take off my clothing. "If you will beat me," thought I, "you shall do so over my clothes." After many threats, which made no impression on me, he rushed at me with something of the savage fierceness of a wolf, tore off the few and thinly worn clothes I had on, and proceeded to wear out, on my back, the heavy goads which he had cut from the gum tree. This flogging was the first of a series of floggings; and though very severe, it was less so than many which came after it, and these, for offenses far lighter than the gate breaking.
I remained with Mr. Covey one year,(I cannot say I lived with him,) and during the first six months that I was there, I was whipped, either with sticks or cowskins, every week. Aching bones and a sore back, It was, however, scarcely necessary for Mr. Covey to be really present in the field, He had the faculty of making us feel that he was always present. By a series of adroitly managed surprises, which he practiced, I was prepared to expect him at any moment. His plan was, never to approach the spot where his hands were at work, in an open, manly and direct manner. No thief was ever more artful in his devices than this man Covey. He would creep and crawl, in ditches and gullies; hide behind stumps and bushes, and practice so much of the cunning of the serpent, that Bill Smith and I--between ourselves--never called him by any other name that "the snake." We fancied that in his eyes and his gait we could see a

Level 8

Since: Oct 09

Paris France

#47827 Jan 20, 2013
thanks sir Ben Ysrael for the book extracts and relevant Scriptures quotations : both are extremely interesting and ... moving.

a white/redboi

Level 8

Location hidden

#47828 Jan 20, 2013
snakish resemblance. One half of his proficiency in the art of negro breaking, consisted, I should think, in this species of cunning. We were never secure. He could see or hear us nearly all the time. He was, to us, behind every stump, tree, bush and fence on the plantation. He carried this kind of trickery so far, that he would sometimes mount his horse, and make believe he was going to St. Michael's; and, in thirty minutes afterward, you might find his horse tied in the woods, and the snake-like Covey lying flat in the ditch, with his head lifted above its edge, or in a fence corner, watching every movement of the slaves! I have known him walk up to us and give us special orders, as to our work, in advance, as if he were leaving home with a view to being absent several days; and before he got half way to the house, he would avail himself of our inattention to his movements, to turn short on his heels, conceal himself behind a fence corner or a tree, and watch us until the going down of the sun. Mean and contemptible as is all this, it is in keeping with the character which the life of a slaveholder is calculated to produce. There is no earthly inducement, in the slave's condition, to incite him to labor faithfully. The fear of punishment is the sole motive for any sort of industry, with him. Knowing this fact, as the slaveholder does, and judging the slave by himself, he naturally concludes the slave will be idle whenever the cause for this fear is absent. Hence, all sorts of petty deceptions are practiced, to inspire this fear.
But, with Mr. Covey, trickery was natural. Everything in the shape of learning or religion, which

Level 8

Location hidden

#47829 Jan 20, 2013
attai1 wrote:
thanks sir Ben Ysrael for the book extracts and relevant Scriptures quotations : both are extremely interesting and ... moving.
a white/redboi
i think i will lay off that shit!! its depressing! had ole SLAVE DREAM LAST NIGHT!! this was last thought before i fell asleep!! i dream Handcuffs was chasing me! That mess waS LIKE NO OTHER READING THE HISTORY OF WHAT SLAVES WENT THUR!! iTS HEBREW HISTORY! we dont even know half the evilness went on! THAT MIND SET IS STILL WITH US

Level 8

Location hidden

#47830 Jan 20, 2013
attai1 wrote:
a white/redboi
you got to be a cool white boi!! the kind you can go hit the bank with an be cool with! i believe you wouldnt tell if shit went wrong!! we can live with yo kind! nobody bother nobody! everybody just kick back an do them! cool! but you still with the Occult which is Open house! for everybody!! i aint messed up with living in peace with all peoples! but we need a home base we can call ours!

Level 8

Location hidden

#47831 Jan 20, 2013
Barros Serrano wrote:
<quoted text>
WHATCHAGONNADO?
Covey,the slave BREAKER IS YOU reincarnated, you do believe in reincarnation ole Sinajuavi? you have the mentality of a SLAVE BREAKER!!an us Hebrews is like escaped slaves to you!!

Level 8

Location hidden

#47832 Jan 20, 2013
Barros Serrano wrote:
<quoted text>
WHATCHAGONNADO?
My pa named Bill. He was stole frum Virginia. I don't know how Marse got him. Sometimes dey would buy 'em and agin dey would steal 'em, sort of like stealing a dog. Ma, her name Hannah. Dey got married on de plantation. After pa got kil't, Ma married a man called Charles. I only has one whole sister living, and she name Jennie. Viney and Millie be dead. My brother, Richard, he dead too. My half-sister, Sallie Ann, she stay in Jacksonville, or some fureign state.BOY I IS A HEBREW!__BOY___I_____IS_____A_ ______HEBREW__________Deuteron omy 28:49;The LORD shall bring a nation against thee from far, from the end of the earth, as swift as the eagle flieth; a nation whose tongue thou shalt not understand; Deuteronomy 28:50;A nation of fierce countenance, which shall not regard the person of the old, nor shew favour to the young:

“THE TRUTH MUST BE TOLD! ”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#47835 Jan 20, 2013
The WiLLy SPAMite Effect wrote:
<quoted text>Did the Transatlantic and Trans-Sahara slave trade connections answer that question?
Back to the show,...
What the hell does so-called white muslims and white jews having African Paternal Lineages have to do with your stupidity???

If I follow your insane logic, that would mean, jews and arabic women were intermarrying with African based men long before the modern era!!!

Idiots such as you always try to make slavery an antidote for everything you have no answers to. You need a fking reality check bitchskit!!!!!!!!!!
FOR SIMPLE MINDS ONLY

Brandon, MS

#47836 Jan 20, 2013
The WiLLy SPAMite Effect wrote:
"Yoruba people in the Atlantic slave trade"
"Oyo Empire"
Quote:
From 1400 onward, the Oyo Empire's imperial success made the Yoruba language a lingua franca almost to the shores of the Volta.[1] Toward the end of the 18th century, the Oyo army was neglected as there was less need to conquer.[2] Instead, "Oyo" "directed more effort towards trading" and "acted as middlemen" for both the "Trans-Saharan" and "Trans-Atlantic slave trade".[2] Europeans bringing salt arrived in Oyo during the reign of King Obalokun.[3] Thanks to its "domination of the coast", Oyo merchants were able to "trade with" "Europeans" at Porto Novo and Whydah.[4] Here the Oyo Empire's "captives" and "criminals" were "sold" to "Dutch" and "Portuguese" buyers"
Read more @: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoruba_people_...
Read about the Yoruba slave traders.
FOR SIMPLE MINDS ONLY

Clinton, MS

#47837 Jan 20, 2013
JOHNS ON TOP OF IT wrote:
<quoted text>
What the hell does so-called white muslims and white jews having African Paternal Lineages have to do with your stupidity???
If I follow your insane logic, that would mean, jews and arabic women were intermarrying with African based men long before the modern era!!!
Idiots such as you always try to make slavery an antidote for everything you have no answers to. You need a fking reality check bitchskit!!!!!!!!!!
Don't insult me with worthless insults and "troll rage",. prove it wrong.
FOR SIMPLE MINDS ONLY

Clinton, MS

#47838 Jan 20, 2013
I'm still waiting for "JOHN" to prove the "University of Cambridge" wrong. All he offers is 'troll rage", denial, and insults,

Location hidden

#47839 Jan 20, 2013
FOR SIMPLE MINDS ONLY wrote:
<quoted text>Don't insult me with worthless insults and "troll rage",. prove it wrong.
You have NO ANSWERS WHAT SO EVER, SO YOU HAVE TO RESORT TO THE SAME OLD TROLL TACTICS AS YOU THINGS ALWAYS DO.

Speaking of insults, that's all you've done from the start. Go preach your insipid garbage to your kind who are interested in your stupidity. It aint working here troll boy. Now go look in the mirror and insult that THING!!!

Location hidden

#47840 Jan 20, 2013
FOR SIMPLE MINDS ONLY wrote:
I'm still waiting for "JOHN" to prove the "University of Cambridge" wrong. All he offers is 'troll rage", denial, and insults,
I'm waiting forbyou to answer the questions I've already put to you. Don't ask questions when you have not furnished answers to yhose already posed to you, which you still gave NOT ANSWERED.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Grey Ghost 1,190,590
Per Capita Blacks commit 440% more crime thanWh... (May '12) 9 min Just the facts 763
Black british vs afro-americans? (Mar '11) 10 min NEFER NETER 352
Boycott the Academy Awards 12 min Logic 130
Blacks and Poles are basically the same 18 min Blackovski 2
Any white guys excited for March 2,2015 Monday ... 36 min Gottz 2
Why is the media pushing interracial relationsh... 38 min Doctor No 106
New Study: White birth rate RISING in USA! 46 min Gottz 35
Black Babies are more advanced than white babies 1 hr BWIR_AbandonallBM 49
why do white women love black men so much. (Dec '11) 1 hr Samoan Irish 543
All women prefer white men 4 hr Masud_S_Hoghughi__ 2,536
Somalis and their shameless self promotion 6 hr selina london 223
More from around the web