Hebrew Israelite

Level 8

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#47336 Jan 14, 2013
Tel Dan Stele, in case you were planning on getting to that one:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tel_Dan_Stele#In...
"The Tel Dan stele has found favour among those who wish to defend the biblical version of Israel's ancient past. Its significance for this argument lies particularly in lines 8 and 9, which mention a "king of Israel" and a "house of David". The latter is generally understood by scholars to refer to the ruling dynasty of Judah. However, although the "king of Israel" is generally accepted, the rendering of the phrase bytdwd as "house of David" is disputed by some, in part because it appears without a word-divider between the two parts.[11]
The significance of this fact, if any, is unclear – the majority of scholars argue that the author simply thought of "House of David" as a single word – but some have argued that "dwd" could be a name for a god ("beloved"), or could mean "uncle" (a word with a rather wider meaning in ancient times than it has today), or that the whole phrase might be a name for Jerusalem (so that the author might be claiming to have killed the son of the king of Jerusalem rather than the son of the king from the "house of David".[12][13]
Other possible meanings have been suggested: it may be a place-name, or the name of a god, or an epithet.[11] Lawrence J. Mykytiuk argues against the possibility that the term bytdwd could refer to the name of a god, cultic object, epithet or a place and concludes that in line with ancient Aramaic and Assyrian patterns for geopolitical terms, the phrase "House of David" refers to a Davidic dynasty or to the land ruled by a Davidic dynasty.[14] But even if (as seems likely)[15] the correct translation is "House of David", Francesca Stavrakopoulou argues that it does not logically support the assumption that the Bible's David was an historical figure.[11]"

sorry but there's no widely accepted archaeological confirmation that king david ever existed.

but it is widely accepted that the egyptian empire did!

Level 8

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#47337 Jan 14, 2013
Genesis 15;13;And he said unto Abram, Know of a surety that thy seed shall be a stranger in a land that is not theirs, and shall serve them; and they shall afflict them four hundred years;Abraham was told that in 2081BC, that was 531 year before the "18"Dynasty 1550-1292, so Abraham having anythingnas to do with that is False ok lets move on, Genesis 39:1 ;And Joseph was brought down to Egypt; and Potiphar, an officer of Pharaoh, captain of the guard, an Egyptian, bought him of the hands of the Ishmeelites, which had brought him down thither.that was in 1898BC,Joseph in Egypt gone be 348 years after 18 dynasty remember ok lets look at Moses Exodus 2:1 Moses born 1525BC so Moses born 25 year's into 18th dynasty,ok 1446BC when we came out of Egypt! Egypt still had its leaders on the Throne!when we was a Nation so we couldnt have been eygptians

“There Is One Truth! Jesus!”

Level 2

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#47338 Jan 14, 2013
DISASTER LOOMS wrote:
<quoted text>
i don't think the point of the article was to argue whether or not there was an ancient 'palestine'. but nice try.
the 'Moabite stone':
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mesha_Stele#Anal...
"Proposed references to David and "House of David"
First, I won't criticize you for quoting Wikipedia because I think Wiki unfairly is criticized, particularly by those who cannot refute information provided by Wiki. Not that Wikipedia is always correct and unbiased; however, I tend to think that Wiki is often a good source of information. Now, having set my response up, I will also post something from Wikipedia, which states the following:
Archaeology
The Tel Dan Stele.
Main articles: Tel Dan Stele, Mesha Stele, and City of David

Two archaeological finds, the Tel Dan Stele and the Mesha Stele, have direct bearing on the question of the existence of a historical David. The first of these is an Aramean victory stele (inscribed stone) discovered in 1993 at Tel Dan and dated c.850–835 BCE: it contains the phrase &#1489;&#1497;&#15 14;&#1491;&#1493;& #1491; (bytdwd), and the reading "House of David" for this "is now widely accepted".[17] The Mesha Stele from Moab, dating from approximately the same period, may also contain the name David in line 12, where the interpretation is uncertain, and in line 31, where one destroyed letter must be supplied.[18]

The evidence from surface surveys indicates that Judah at the time of David was a small tribal kingdom.[19] The Bronze and Iron Age remains of the City of David, the original urban core of Jerusalem identified with the reigns of David and Solomon, were investigated extensively in the 1970s and 1980s under the direction of Yigal Shiloh of the Hebrew University, but failed to discover significant evidence of occupation during the 10th century BCE,[20] In 2005 Eilat Mazar reported the discovery of a Large Stone Structure which she claimed was David's palace,[21] but the site is contaminated and cannot be accurately dated.[22]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David#Archaeolog...

Notice that the Wike states: "and the reading "House of David" for this [Tel Dan archeological find]is now widely accepted." Therefore, the consensus amongst archeologist is that the Tel Dan find is actual evidence for the existence of a King David. Obviously, there is more than one archeological find with respect to proving the existence of a King David. So your reference to the Moabite stone obviously does not address the Tel Dan Stele and the Mesha Stele. Also, some archeologists believe they found King David's palace but this one is apparently open to debate. So, the bottom line is that it appears that there really was a King David--Right?! You can certainly dispute it and bring up red herring argument and try to insert doubt with disingenuous arguments; however, it looks like the naysayers have very little to stand on.

“There Is One Truth! Jesus!”

Level 2

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#47339 Jan 14, 2013
DISASTER LOOMS wrote:
Tel Dan Stele, in case you were planning on getting to that one:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tel_Dan_Stele#In...
"The Tel Dan stele has found favour among those who wish to defend the biblical version of Israel's ancient past. Its significance for this argument lies particularly in lines 8 and 9, which mention a "king of Israel" and a "house of David". The latter is generally understood by scholars to refer to the ruling dynasty of Judah. However, although the "king of Israel" is generally accepted, the rendering of the phrase bytdwd as "house of David" is disputed by some, in part because it appears without a word-divider between the two parts.[11]
The significance of this fact, if any, is unclear – the majority of scholars argue that the author simply thought of "House of David" as a single word – but some have argued that "dwd" could be a name for a god ("beloved"), or could mean "uncle" (a word with a rather wider meaning in ancient times than it has today), or that the whole phrase might be a name for Jerusalem (so that the author might be claiming to have killed the son of the king of Jerusalem rather than the son of the king from the "house of David".[12][13]
Other possible meanings have been suggested: it may be a place-name, or the name of a god, or an epithet.[11] Lawrence J. Mykytiuk argues against the possibility that the term bytdwd could refer to the name of a god, cultic object, epithet or a place and concludes that in line with ancient Aramaic and Assyrian patterns for geopolitical terms, the phrase "House of David" refers to a Davidic dynasty or to the land ruled by a Davidic dynasty.[14] But even if (as seems likely)[15] the correct translation is "House of David", Francesca Stavrakopoulou argues that it does not logically support the assumption that the Bible's David was an historical figure.[11]"
sorry but there's no widely accepted archaeological confirmation that king david ever existed.
but it is widely accepted that the egyptian empire did!
Nice try! The Tel Dan Stele is considered by most archeologists as being evidence of King David. Even you above quotation stated that "some" dispute the "house of David" reading, which means there are some malcontents among the archeologists, by they are a minority--Right?! So your attempt to undermine the Tel Dan Stele is very weak. Obviously, the consensus amongst the experts agree that the Tel Dan Stele is evidence of King David.

Level 8

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#47340 Jan 14, 2013
the dud wrote:
<quoted text>
you are a black man who wants to convince the jews that he is a hebrew,and not a jew. you call your self a hebrew , but you are telling me you are not a jew. and your name is a jew name. You dont make any sense at all. you are stupid as hell. Tic Tock Tic Tock. time is running out. you only have one life and you choose to spend it by making your self belive your own bullsht and trying to tell some one that he is not who he says he is. dude. you are nuts. ISRAEL AND THE PEOPLE IN IT ARE THE JEWS, deal with it. They had the talmud. What do you have.? and you call me crazy. lol . Becasue you have to understand my friend - WHEN YOU CLAIM TO BE HEBEREW YOU ARE CLAIMING TO BE ARAB AND ALL THE PEOPLE WHO CLAIM TO BE WHITE. why dont you just claim to be a smite. becasue if you prove that first. you dont even have to profe you are hebrew. OR GO TO ETHIOPIA AND LIVE WITH FLASHA AND MAY BE IF YOU ARE LUCKY ENOUGH YOU MIGHT GET AIR LIFTED . LOL
your kind of the dumbest person that have came thru here,the jews stole our heritage an names to,you dont know enough , so til you read an find out bout whats going on

“There Is One Truth! Jesus!”

Level 2

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#47341 Jan 14, 2013
DISASTER LOOMS wrote:
Tel Dan Stele, in case you were planning on getting to that one:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tel_Dan_Stele#In...
I'm curious, are you a Muslim?
Could it be

Pearl, MS

#47342 Jan 14, 2013
Ben YISRAEL wrote:
Genesis 15;13;And he said unto Abram, Know of a surety that thy seed shall be a stranger in a land that is not theirs, and shall serve them; and they shall afflict them four hundred years;Abraham was told that in 2081BC, that was 531 year before the "18"Dynasty 1550-1292, so Abraham having anythingnas to do with that is False ok lets move on, Genesis 39:1 ;And Joseph was brought down to Egypt; and Potiphar, an officer of Pharaoh, captain of the guard, an Egyptian, bought him of the hands of the Ishmeelites, which had brought him down thither.that was in 1898BC,Joseph in Egypt gone be 348 years after 18 dynasty remember ok lets look at Moses Exodus 2:1 Moses born 1525BC so Moses born 25 year's into 18th dynasty,ok 1446BC when we came out of Egypt! Egypt still had its leaders on the Throne!when we was a Nation so we couldnt have been eygptians
The "Nubians",.. The people who wore big gold earrings, "both men and women".

Level 8

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#47343 Jan 14, 2013
the dud wrote:
<quoted text>
you are a black man who wants to convince the jews that he is a hebrew,
we aint trying to convince the jews shit! we lay the history out! its no way in the world for Ashkenaz or the Sepharvaim to be Hebrews, ok remember we aint ever trying to be jewish in no kind of way, the jews stole our heritage starting in 721BC look 2 Kings 17:24;And the king of Assyria brought men from Babylon, and from Cuthah, and from Ava, and from Hamath, and from Sepharvaim, and placed them in the cities of Samaria instead of the children of Israel: and they possessed Samaria, and dwelt in the cities thereof.ok Ashkenaz was a son of Japheht in his family, an they got together in babylon when they Kick yo peoples ass,the Armenians ok the Armenian Scythians are the Jews you keep holwering about! they Chased us into africa, they jews was this Nation called the Chaldeans,well the Arabs whom is EDOM help them an they there now! but us real hebrews ran into africa in 588BC,2 Kings 25:26'And all the people, both small and great, and the captains of the armies, arose, and came to Egypt: for they were afraid of the Chaldees., ok these the same peoples whip Egypt to

Level 8

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#47345 Jan 14, 2013
Xcaliber wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm curious, are you a Muslim?
nope.

Level 8

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#47344 Jan 14, 2013
Xcaliber wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice try! The Tel Dan Stele is considered by most archeologists as being evidence of King David. Even you above quotation stated that "some" dispute the "house of David" reading, which means there are some malcontents among the archeologists, by they are a minority--Right?! So your attempt to undermine the Tel Dan Stele is very weak. Obviously, the consensus amongst the experts agree that the Tel Dan Stele is evidence of King David.
you might find this analysis helpful:

http://vridar.wordpress.com/2009/09/02/the-te...

even *IF* the correct translation is 'house of david', this does not prove the existence of a literal king david.

why doesn't this prove that king david existed? cuz based on other possible explanations you'd need additional evidence of a physical person by that name.

like for example, how do we know that rameses II existed? but we have tons of evidence to prove it both from within eygpt and other places.

and you also have the issue of egyptian dominace over that region, and especially southern canaan, which was heavily fortified with egyptian garrison towns.

i will admit that these tablets do muddy the waters, but by no means does it prove the existence of a literal king david.

Level 8

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#47346 Jan 14, 2013
Could it be wrote:
<quoted text>The "Nubians",.. The people who wore big gold earrings, "both men and women".
wwwwhen a Hebrew Became slave for life to his Master is where it come from all black males on t,v has it Deuteronomy 15:16;And it shall be, if he say unto thee, I will not go away from thee; because he loveth thee and thine house, because he is well with thee;Deuteronomy 15:17;Then thou shalt take an aul, and thrust it through his ear unto the door, and he shall be thy servant for ever. And also unto thy maidservant thou shalt do likewise.bro gone be a servant for life!
judah

Saint Paul, MN

#47347 Jan 14, 2013
Ben YISRAEL wrote:
<quoted text>your kind of the dumbest person that have came thru here,the jews stole our heritage an names to,you dont know enough , so til you read an find out bout whats going on
Dude. now i betray you. lol
you claim that you are the tribe of judha. the modern jews stole your identity and names. lol

dna proved that you guys are western africans.

i dont know enough.? ok dude . you are heberw the tribe of judah.? how in hell do you become the tribe of judha. they stole your name.? dude i still got my name. i still speak my tribe of judha language. do you ? who the hell told you the modern Jews had among them any tribe of judah.? are yo nuts.? dude. do you know a country called ethiopia. whos 60 million people are a jews for jessus freaks who call them selves the conquring lion of the tribe of judha.? what the hell are you talking about.? where in the world do you make this connections dude. what the hell man.lol. dude i don't have to crack bible verses to prove to you i am judha. there are books written about me . i walk talk eat believe in the same book of judah . i got the original book from 2000 years ago , i have the name of my 228 judah titled kings. i have the synogag and the church . what do you have ? like we say in our tribe of judah language " the chicken heard, so she hanged her self" lol . dude you need to get off this bus right now. lol . man, good luck with your tribe of judah. just make sure you dont get cought in the sani deser trying to have your little heberw journey , they will show you who the tribe of judha is. lol
judah

Saint Paul, MN

#47348 Jan 14, 2013
This is the tribe of judha. they were claiming it before anyone did. befoe dNa befoe america existed. get it right.
http://lamutamu.com/2010/04/25/haile-selassie...
http://www.douglasyaney.com/mc895-bio.htm
judah

Saint Paul, MN

#47349 Jan 14, 2013
judah

Saint Paul, MN

#47350 Jan 14, 2013
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crown_Council_of...

and this is the living breathing conquring lion of the tribe of judha decendants all the princes and princes . we still belive in our kings. you cant be the tribe of judha if you aint no ethiopian my friend. and if we go by the bible , well a semite.lol

Level 8

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#47351 Jan 14, 2013
judah wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude. now i betray you. lol
you claim that you are the tribe of judha. the modern jews stole your identity and names. lol
dna proved that you guys are western africans.
ok where west africans cone from? ok dont run check this where you get yo Hebrew Dna from to say we aint from there? ok you HAVE TO COME UP wuth DNA thats UNRELATED to the Sepharvaim because they was placed in the Land they still there,ok Ashkenaz son of Genesis 10:3 And the sons of Gomer; Ashkenaz, and Riphath, and Togarmah. OK STOP !!! ok check this its only two set of Jews!!! i say only two sets SERHARVAIM an ASHKENAZ now the lil "mizrahi Jews"minhagim , them Arabs mixed, thats gone be yo EDOM JEWISH MIX!!, boy how you gone get some DNA when this came to pass!NO HEBREW DNA would be Left CREATOR wasnt having that, everything about us HAD TO GET OFF HIS Land that HE gave us, Bones to THEY WOULD DIG THEM UP EVERYBODY SO NO DNA FROM HEBREWS! Jeremiah 8:1;At that time, saith the LORD, they shall bring out the bones of the kings of Judah, and the bones of his princes, and the bones of the priests, and the bones of the prophets, and the bones of the inhabitants of Jerusalem, out of their graves:YOU SEE THEM WORDS?"

Level 8

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#47352 Jan 14, 2013
judah wrote:
This is the tribe of judha. they were claiming it before anyone did. befoe dNa befoe america existed. get it right.
http://lamutamu.com/2010/04/25/haile-selassie...
http://www.douglasyaney.com/mc895-bio.htm
yo king story is connected to the ARK, that you peoples never had, yo history is a lie an the white man been SPARING ya'll ya'll the model, of slaves,its ok help on the eay

Level 8

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#47353 Jan 14, 2013
Xcaliber wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact that Dr. Ashraf Ezzat, who is the individual who wrote the article you link to, mentions Palestine as an ancient land tells me two things: 1) He is Muslim; and two, he is clueless. To begin, there has never been a Palestine and the word "Palestine" itself is a late 16th century English translation of the Roman name of "Provincia Syria Palaestina", which was given to Judea (or Judaea) at the end of the second Jewish-Roman War (a/k/a the Bar Kokhba Revolt) in about 135 A.D as punishment for the revolt against Roman authority--the first being in 70 A.D. In other words, Jews viewed the Romans as "occupiers" of their territory. The fact that Ezzat is most likely a Muslim tells me that he has a bias agenda in that it's obvious that he is trying to convince readers that Israel never existed. Anyone who writes an article in such as way as to try to give a false impression that Palestine was an actual state or country, I immediately write off as either an ignoramus and/or has an anti-Israel agenda.
Moreover, there is evidence from Syria called the Moabite stone, which mentions Israel and the House of David. It was not too long ago that the very existence of Israel was challenged because at the time there wasn't any evidence of a King David. Well, we now have indisputable archeological evidence that there was indeed a King David. Further, the title of Ezzat's article (Ancient Israel, as we know it, never existed!) is nothing but wishful thinking because his article falls way short of proving anything remotely close same.
The reason why people in this thread are probably not addressing your Dr. Ashraf Ezzat article is because they simply don't want to waste time addressing nonsense. I'm only addressing it because you keep bringing it up like it's the trump card of all trump cards that proves Israel never existed. lol!
What I find ridiculous is that Ezzat tries to refute historical views/perceptions concerning Israel based on the Bible, yet what he should really be concentrating on is proving the Quran's fairy tales. One such fairy tale is the Quran's retelling and altering the story of Noah. Even more important is that Quran's claims concerning Mecca (or Makkah) have been proven to be false since there is absolutely no evidence of Mecca until the 4th century A.D., which means the entire premise of the Quran and Mohammad has been proven to be a fraud. So, instead of attacking the Bible, Ezzat should be concentrating on trying to prove the various fairy tales in the Quran. lol!
you can read an comprehend good!!

Level 8

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#47354 Jan 14, 2013
Xcaliber wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm curious, are you a Muslim?
i've said this many times, and written some long posts explaining by argument - that i believe aa are a prophesied people with a very special purpose as the tribulation elect.

my argument here is just with what i consider to be a badly flawed doctrine being promoted by 'bhi'. which comes across as an afro-centric spin on evangelical doctrine.

and of course offer an alternate view of scripture and especially as it relates to aa.
judah

Saint Paul, MN

#47355 Jan 14, 2013
Ben YISRAEL wrote:
<quoted text>ok where west africans cone from? ok dont run check this where you get yo Hebrew Dna from to say we aint from there? ok you HAVE TO COME UP wuth DNA thats UNRELATED to the Sepharvaim because they was placed in the Land they still there,ok Ashkenaz son of Genesis 10:3 And the sons of Gomer; Ashkenaz, and Riphath, and Togarmah. OK STOP !!! ok check this its only two set of Jews!!! i say only two sets SERHARVAIM an ASHKENAZ now the lil "mizrahi Jews"minhagim , them Arabs mixed, thats gone be yo EDOM JEWISH MIX!!, boy how you gone get some DNA when this came to pass!NO HEBREW DNA would be Left CREATOR wasnt having that, everything about us HAD TO GET OFF HIS Land that HE gave us, Bones to THEY WOULD DIG THEM UP EVERYBODY SO NO DNA FROM HEBREWS! Jeremiah 8:1;At that time, saith the LORD, they shall bring out the bones of the kings of Judah, and the bones of his princes, and the bones of the priests, and the bones of the prophets, and the bones of the inhabitants of Jerusalem, out of their graves:YOU SEE THEM WORDS?"
We all come from africa. you come from africa. they come from africa. Hebrews are not black , but they were black once upon a time. And the hebrew only remember them selves from that point on ward. not from when they were black. The evidance for you. is the whole 400 million smites who speak semitic. you have to understand one thing- ISRAEL- is not the only heberew,or jew, it includes, YEMEN,MORACO,LIBYA,IRAK,SAUDI ARABIA,TEH EMERITi, even ethiopian semites. 400 MILLION ARABS. BECAUSE A HEBREW IS NOT A HEBREW BECAUSE HE IS A JEW, BUT BECAUSE HE IS A SMITE.

the books you quote has no value, you have an english version edited version, a book that is ment for distribution.. you will never know what it says on the real book of the semites, trust me they got a plan on how to take care of you on it. have you found the plan on your english version? i bet not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Earl 1,659,453
Race baiting for Doug Jones against Roy Moore 2 min Kato 17
Jesus had the skin of Burnt Brass (Mar '11) 5 min el rey de los cam... 1,520
Blacks contribute nothing to America economically 11 min Kato 21
Wildfires are going back to Cali 12 min Kato 47
I need proof that the Ancient Egyptians Were No... (Oct '07) 14 min el rey de los cam... 36,718
breaking news....omarosa fired by trump 14 min Kato 33
Pervert Alabama Republican Roy Moore 22 min Kato 157
Blacks now control mainstream culture 42 min el rey de los cam... 51
Is this KIP? 2 hr Hmm 70
After the Nogs built the "Gypshun" dynasty they... 10 hr Harrisson 102
More from around the web