Black guest stuns CNN anchor: Racism ...

Black guest stuns CNN anchor: Racism is - not a major problem' in this country

There are 800 comments on the Glenn Beck story from Aug 21, 2014, titled Black guest stuns CNN anchor: Racism is - not a major problem' in this country. In it, Glenn Beck reports that:

If you have watched any of the mainstream media's coverage of the shooting death of 18-year-old Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri on August 9, you have probably heard the incident reduced to these terms: An unarmed black 'teen' was shot dead by white police officer.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Glenn Beck.

True is True

Beverly, MA

#44 Aug 22, 2014
smarty pants wrote:
<quoted text> Oh gosh. You desire a video of the police confrontation, knowing now there is not one. You say that might help. Well, we have video of Mike in the store, correct? Do you see anyone in that video escalating the situation EXCEPT MIKE? Did the clerk approach him with any kind of UNWARRANTED attitude? Are we to allow the Mike's of the world to run over top of us because if we make them mad they might give us "attitude"? Also, if a damn police officer badge and gun don't settle your ass down, I highly doubt a damn camera would make a bit of difference! Nor would giving him a big teddy bear hug while singing Hush a Little Baby. smh
Mike's behavior in the store is not acceptable. That is not the point. If Mike is the sort to be abusive and threatening, then it is the duty of a well trained Police officer to make every effort to diffuse any confrontations with folks who behave this way. Yes, filming would have put this to rest once and for all. There would be no question about what happened.

Maybe the police officer did his job exactly as he was supposed to, but now we will never know.

And if you think that Mike's behavior is somehow a typical behavior to be attributed to him because of his race, think again.

There are teachers in this country that have to deal with combative, disrespectful youth on a daily basis and do get assaulted and they have no gun to settle the argument. Nor should they. And the kids come in all colors and from all backgrounds.

I have experienced that with absolutely no back up and the reality is nobody cares. Left classroom teaching because of it. So how about you step in and do a top our of duty in the classroom. I give you about a day.

The problem in our society is that there is a fundamental disease called "lack of respect." It is pervasive and every generation gets worse.

Everybody seems to carry with them some sort of self righteous bull crap and they all blame others for their predicaments.

Racism on both sides just escalates the vitriol.
Big Knob

United States

#46 Aug 22, 2014
True is True wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike's behavior in the store is not acceptable. That is not the point. If Mike is the sort to be abusive and threatening, then it is the duty of a well trained Police officer to make every effort to diffuse any confrontations with folks who behave this way. Yes, filming would have put this to rest once and for all. There would be no question about what happened.
Maybe the police officer did his job exactly as he was supposed to, but now we will never know.
And if you think that Mike's behavior is somehow a typical behavior to be attributed to him because of his race, think again.
There are teachers in this country that have to deal with combative, disrespectful youth on a daily basis and do get assaulted and they have no gun to settle the argument. Nor should they. And the kids come in all colors and from all backgrounds.
I have experienced that with absolutely no back up and the reality is nobody cares. Left classroom teaching because of it. So how about you step in and do a top our of duty in the classroom. I give you about a day.
The problem in our society is that there is a fundamental disease called "lack of respect." It is pervasive and every generation gets worse.
Everybody seems to carry with them some sort of self righteous bull crap and they all blame others for their predicaments.
How come the feds and the police didnt gun down Cliven Bundy and the boys they had guns and resisted arrest, i mean they didnt comply with police orders..........no one suppports lawnesses, but what about the people who gathered peacefully to protest, why were they fired upon with rubber bullets and tear gasses? And why didnt the police do that to Cliven Bundy in Nevada.
Big Knob

United States

#48 Aug 22, 2014
Black Pride of the Sun wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a house negro. We can work with them. We just cant work with the democrats and republicans. If they are on TV you cant work with them. If they are called evil on TV then that's who you can work with.
Im politically independant, i deal in interest, and not in political parties.......House Negro? Does a house negro=( hn) tell you to get knowledge of self and do for self. Does a hn tell you that bp should control the economics, politics, the police dept and the school boards in their community. Does a hn tell you that you should focus your attention on work, family and education, and join the police dept, fire dept. Does a house negro tell you that more bp should own real estate, land and bussinesses,.........so no big knob's a pro self defense, self reliant, do for self (bp) culture nationalist, you have me twisted,.......but a true..... house negro would say hey lets work with david duke a known racist..........reconsider!
smarty pants

Charleston, WV

#49 Aug 22, 2014
True is True wrote:
<quoted text>
I would never be a teacher. They don't get the respect they deserve from most people, adults included. Parents expect a baby sitter, but don't want you to "talk to my kid this way, that way". Kids are not taught to respect their elders, teachers included, nor are they taught to respect anyone with authority. Those are facts common to black and white people. I watch the video of Mike Brown in that store and the fact he is black is NOT what stands out to me. What stands out to me is the simple fact he is so disrespectful of a store clerk/owner, someone older, and MUCH SMALLER than he is. How in hell does any person, much less a kid, get to the point of behaving like that? I hate to think how much of an instigator or intimidator he might have been in school or in college, IF the video was an example of his usual demeanor. What I saw was total bullying. Was there a reason for his behavior that day, or was that just par for the course with him? There are people who would know the answer to that, but will we hear it? Again, I applaud most teachers and I applaud most law enforcement. I would not have either of those jobs if either of them came served to me on a silver platter. Why? Lack of respect...
Big Knob

United States

#50 Aug 22, 2014
Broadway wrote:
Big Knob,
You have a point. I'm going to look into Dr. Paul Kivel and see what he has to say.
The point is the media will interview black persons like Al Sharpton, Jessie Jackson, Larry Elder, and they play a psychological mind game, of two extremes
1. Blacks are always victims of racism, therefore they need jessie and Al to speak for them.
2. Blacks are always the villians, and are always wrong about everything therefore Larry Elder is the go to man.
3. A wm like Dr. Paul Kivel is never interviewed by the media to explain the behavior of some whites.
4. Serious blk scholars, researchers, politicians, professors, business people, ministers are never called upon to give you their opinion, thats not what the white media wants, they either want a blk victim perspective or a blk villian perspective, and thats how Al, Jessie & Larry make a living.
5. They never use successful bm & bw and blk families as the norm for black people......period, but they'll use wp as a norm for blks, and thats to plantationize your mind, why stop being yourself, bp, gee bp be like use wp, knowing damn well that success dosent mean white and anybody of any color can be successful without giving up their culture.....to do so..........get it!,
Big Knob

United States

#51 Aug 22, 2014
Oops.........be like us^....^
Ronald

Bellflower, CA

#52 Aug 22, 2014
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Anyone who thinks racism is not a major issue in this country is either insane or brain dead.
Lawrence Wolf.

Yes. I agree. Ever since the Democrat party turned against the White people, there has been no effective political organization that represents their interests. Since then, many thousands White women and men have died at the hands of African violence. Untold thousands others are suffering lifelong physical debility as a direct result of this "random" African violence, violence that has targeted White people and women. Pandering White politicians and rich taxpayer supported Government university "professors" - far removed from the real world of ordinary White people - rationalize this ongoing holocaust as "retributive" "justice".

Like most other non-"racist" White people of good-will, I love our unfortunate African brothers and the sisters too. That love, though, does not extend to the point of approving being destroyed by them. Unless and until White women and men are permitted to organize so that their interests may be effectively represented, I fear "racism" will be a part of everyday American life.

Ronald
Big Knob

United States

#53 Aug 22, 2014
SchoolTheFools wrote:
<quoted text>
Go read the speech that Bill Cosby gave. It's all over the internet. He really fell out of favor with the Black Establishment after that. Very sad.
All bill cosby has is an opinion and thats it. Bill has never been elected to office, is not a professor in political science economics, Law, nor is he a judge, mayor, state rep. He's an actor. Now in the white community do white folks, take what sean penn, george clooney say as serious? Neither should bp take entertainer bill cosby serious....i mentioned scholars, and you give me bill thats condescending. But Dr. Paul Kivel is a scholar writer, & a wm you read what he says..........
DDD

Dublin, CA

#54 Aug 22, 2014
White Power Forever!

“I'm a proud grandma”

Level 7

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#56 Aug 22, 2014
Big Knob wrote:
<quoted text>
The point is the media will interview black persons like Al Sharpton, Jessie Jackson, Larry Elder, and they play a psychological mind game, of two extremes
1. Blacks are always victims of racism, therefore they need jessie and Al to speak for them.
2. Blacks are always the villians, and are always wrong about everything therefore Larry Elder is the go to man.
3. A wm like Dr. Paul Kivel is never interviewed by the media to explain the behavior of some whites.
4. Serious blk scholars, researchers, politicians, professors, business people, ministers are never called upon to give you their opinion, thats not what the white media wants, they either want a blk victim perspective or a blk villian perspective, and thats how Al, Jessie & Larry make a living.
5. They never use successful bm & bw and blk families as the norm for black people......period, but they'll use wp as a norm for blks, and thats to plantationize your mind, why stop being yourself, bp, gee bp be like use wp, knowing damn well that success dosent mean white and anybody of any color can be successful without giving up their culture.....to do so..........get it!,
I like this post, and definitely agree with points 1 and 2, meaning it is one extreme or the other and never someone with more moderate views.

Thanks for the info on Dr. Kivel, did a little internet search and he has some articles that I find very interesting!

^5
Big Knob

United States

#57 Aug 22, 2014
ima-Ilis Myka Ashanti wrote:
<quoted text> why not ?? the 300 lb. gorilla (black or white ) was going for the officer's gun ? kept coming at him breaking his eye socket, the officer did what HE HAD TO DO.....to survive the attack by two thugs not one, it was two thugs don't forget that, brown had an accomplice with him when he was attacking the officer for doing his job of questioning them in the middle of the street, the same accomplice who together robbed the store of cigarettes PRIOR to running off into the street to avoid getting stopped AND WHICH RESULTED in the officer wanting an answer from them as officer just happened to be coming down the street and who didn't know yet the two thugs had just stolen the cigarettes from the store across the street. This same accomplice recanted his story in which he admitted having been together robbing the store, after which prior he claimed he (officer ) had executed brown IN COLD BLOOD and shot him 6 times and in the back too as he was running off, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH !!why was he running off ? probably because he realized he should finish the officer off SO HE WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO IDENTIFY HIM !! right ?? his parents should've properly raised him so he wouldn't have been out there stealing cigarettes !!! my God, and the mom has the audacity to blame the WHOLE WORLD for her failure as a mother ?
sooner than later IF THE 300 LB GORILLA had survived and all this hadn't happened, he would have continued to steal other things.....a car, a woman's purse etc. isn't this the reason they keep doing these things cause at first they succeed and the game continues just because they don't get caught?? for these thugs it is far easier to continue they game than work for a living.....this is their preference and this goes for white, and hispanic, asian and now more so because there is nothing stopping them from adding to this crisis where open borders are concerned.
That blue eyed devil was pretty big himself dont you think so, and did you see him go for a gun or did you hear that, the dead man cant speak for himself. And who gives a damn about the border, tell white businesses to stop hiring them while youre complaining about this on this fourm........
OnlyPatchWork

Brewster, NY

#58 Aug 22, 2014
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Anyone who thinks racism is not a major issue in this country is either insane or brain dead.
If anything, the issue is not enough racism, it seems that African Americans acted more like humans before civil rights.
Big Knob

United States

#59 Aug 22, 2014
Ms Mack wrote:
<quoted text>
I like this post, and definitely agree with points 1 and 2, meaning it is one extreme or the other and never someone with more moderate views.
Thanks for the info on Dr. Kivel, did a little internet search and he has some articles that I find very interesting!
^5
Thanks are and have alot of honest wp (.called libs to slur them) who've spoken the truth like this one:
Former Seattle Washington police chief Norm Stamper, a wm and a Republican, who wrote a book about law enforcement and minorities called " The Dark Side Of Law Enforcement" something fox news will never talk about..........when you get a chance check him and other books written by former police chiefs..........
The truth

Fishers, IN

#60 Aug 23, 2014
Black Pride of the Sun wrote:
That's why trolls come here. They rattle the Negroes around here like minstrels jumping on a trampoline and then they laugh. I just shake my damn head.
DAMN!
Oh believe me, some of us black folks laugh just as hard at the ignorant comments, because anybody with sense would know that they say ignorant things, and obsess with us out of pure jealousy and envy. The amount of time that these creatures spend on here talking nonsense about my people just boosts my ego. Damn I love being black! I wouldn't change it for the world! Haters gonna hate! And these fools take the hating to extreme levels. Us black folks must be doing something right. I'm no dummy, there are ignorant people in every race. All the racist fools do is try to convince the world that all black people are bad in every way, shape, or form. Now who in their right damn mind is gonna believe that crap? They don't even believe it, and they are complete idiots. So to all you racist dummies that obsessively talk ridiculous garbage about my race, keep it up so I and others can keep laughing at you, and making us feel good. Truth be told, you fools better calm down with all the hatred and anger, before your blood pressure sky rockets, and mess around and have a stroke or a heart attack lol. You critters are gonna mess around and explode one day from all that pent up anger and hatred. I pity you fools, because you all are truly pathetic, and it really is laughable.

“Facts”

Level 5

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#61 Aug 23, 2014
Big Knob wrote:
<quoted text>How come the feds and the police didnt gun down Cliven Bundy and the boys they had guns and resisted arrest, i mean they didnt comply with police orders..........no one suppports lawnesses, but what about the people who gathered peacefully to protest, why were they fired upon with rubber bullets and tear gasses? And why didnt the police do that to Cliven Bundy in Nevada.
I hope you are joking??

My 5 year old knows the difference

“Facts”

Level 5

Location hidden

#62 Aug 23, 2014
Big Knob wrote:
<quoted text>All bill cosby has is an opinion and thats it. Bill has never been elected to office, is not a professor in political science economics, Law, nor is he a judge, mayor, state rep. He's an actor. Now in the white community do white folks, take what sean penn, george clooney say as serious? Neither should bp take entertainer bill cosby serious....i mentioned scholars, and you give me bill thats condescending. But Dr. Paul Kivel is a scholar writer, & a wm you read what he says..........
How about Dr Steve Perry?

One of the best educators in the USA?

He takes wild animals and converts them into humans and about 90 percent get a free ride to a major university's

Try and listen to what he has to say???

“Facts”

Level 5

Location hidden

#63 Aug 23, 2014
OnlyPatchWork wrote:
<quoted text>If anything, the issue is not enough racism, it seems that African Americans acted more like humans before civil rights.
Correct

They tried to fit in....

Now they take pride in acting like animals....
Shinichiro Takizawa

Tokyo, Japan

#64 Aug 23, 2014
With this government, you can NEVER persuade Iranina-people and North-Korean-people that
"Your government is a dictatorship!!!"

You are building a Soviet-Union!!!!!
You are making a mistake!!!

CAUTION!
NEXT, your government will build "The Gulag Archipelago " in Arctic or Siberia!!!
Your government is becoming a Soviet-Union!

[Wikiprdia]
Concentration camp
http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concentratio...
Prison camps had been in use in Russia for many years, especially in places in the Arctic or Siberia, a long way from any cities.
From the 1920's under the Soviet Union many more people were sent to such camps and they were very badly treated there.
One might still die there, but would most likely be used for work first.
That is called a labour camp. These camps are sometimes called gulags, the Russian name for them.
Anyone who was seen as a threat to the government was sent there.
In 1939, there were about 1,300,000 people working as slaves in these camps.
The Russian writer Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn wrote a book called The Gulag Archipelago by which many people realized what crimes the communist Soviet Union government had done.

[Wikiprdia]
The Gulag Archipelago
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gulag_Archip...
The Gulag Archipelago is a book by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn about the Soviet forced labour camp system.

American-Military-Industry is the cause of this tragedy!!!
And, of course, Wall-Street is behind this!!!
(Wall-Treet loves Military-Industry in order to raise American-stock-prices!!!)

American-99% must rise now!
American-99% must anger now!

We are American-99%!
Now is the time for change!

This is Democracy!
We American-99% will protect our America and Democracy!

American-Military-Industry, American-Generals, Wall-Street, politicians and American-top1% are the cause of this tragedy!

We are American-99%!
I love the U.S.!
I love American-99%!
I am one of American-99%!

[Demnocracy Now]August 14, 2014
Armed w/ Military-Grade Weapons, Missouri Police Crack Down on Protests over Michael Brown Shooting
http://www.democracynow.org/2014/8/14/armed_w...

[The Gurdian]14 August 2014
Ferguson is what happens when white suburban cops get weapons of war
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014...
Now St Louis isn’t exactly the picture of safety, but two years ago the St Louis Police Department also acquired a Lenco BearCat armored military vehicle, a “tactical support vehicle” and a helicopter that’s popular with the Korean air force.
Earlier this year, the US Department of Homeland Security donated a 22-ton Mine Resistant Ambush Protected (MRAP) vehicle - the thing we used on the ground in Iraq and Afghanistan to the police department in nearby St Charles, Missouri (population: 66,463).
Shinichiro Takizawa

Tokyo, Japan

#65 Aug 23, 2014
And, of course, 90%(or more???) of the wealth is owned by African-American-Baseball-play ers, African-American-MBA-stars, African-American-Hollywood-sta rs, African-American-musicians and Oprah Gail Winfrey.
And, American-top1%, Wall-Street, American-Military-Industry are controling African-American-Baseball-play ers, African-American-MBA-stars, African-American-Hollywood-sta rs, African-American-musicians and Oprah Gail Winfrey.

So, in real. this accusation is a lie.

Only one thing is common in this accusation is that
today, even among White-Americans this huge-gap between the rich and the poor exists!

Shinichiro Takizawa

Tokyo, Japan

#66 Aug 23, 2014
Yeah,
the gap between the rich and the poor
is huge even among African-Americans!!!

The gap between the rich and the poor
is huge even among White-Americans.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Aquarius-WY 1,567,189
Can Blacks Be Impartial And Trusted Enough To ... 6 min Ooga booga 157
Why do Blacks have to act so different? (Oct '12) 6 min NEGROE COPS R DL 282
Do black men really have larger penises? (Sep '10) 10 min Ooga booga 1,554
Are there any Black cuckolds? (Feb '16) 20 min Ra The God 44
If you post racist comments on this site, pleas... 22 min NEGROE COPS R DL 5
Year of the Horse(2014) 38 min Keeping it Real 3
News Anti-racist author Tim Wise: White America desp... 1 hr KIP 912
New evidence of non human DNA found in black Af... 8 hr Yep 62
Microchips In Employees Become Reality 8 hr Prince 75