Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2008

I recently joined a fitness center. Now, someone told me I shouldn't do weight training everyday because I can tear my muscles down. Tell me, is working out everyday too much? Should I work legs one day and arms the next, or can I do both in one day? I'm not lifting heavy because I'm not trying to be a body builder, I'm just toning up my muscles. I do the treadmill, stair stepper, the rowing machine, bike, and the machine that looks like you're skiing. I want to eliminate all that and pick just one. Which one gives the best body workout?

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2008

I should have said the machine that makes you look like you're running on skis.

Since: Jan 08

Milton Keynes, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2008

everyday doing cardio is a bit much, most people alternate cardio, weights& strength

that manchine that makes you look like your skiing is soo unatural, dont you think?

Level 3

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2008

Ok, umm no you shouldn't work out everyday because you can tear down your mucles and pull them, i tried it before and i felt like hell trying to move later on in the day because of non-stop working out...

Arms Legs which ever you wanna do, and whenver you wanna work out on them...

umm, id try the treadmill, that was the workout i did a lot and it paid off, stairsteppers are a joke i dint think they do anything(at least they didn't for me)...

And the best body workout, treadmill im sure...

These are my experiences with working out and stuff...

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2008

Citiboy wrote:
Ok, umm no you shouldn't work out everyday because you can tear down your mucles and pull them, i tried it before and i felt like hell trying to move later on in the day because of non-stop working out...
Arms Legs which ever you wanna do, and whenver you wanna work out on them...
umm, id try the treadmill, that was the workout i did a lot and it paid off, stairsteppers are a joke i dint think they do anything(at least they didn't for me)...
And the best body workout, treadmill im sure...
These are my experiences with working out and stuff...
Okay, thanks! I won't workout everyday then. Now, I start off walking on the treadmill and then I start jogging. Do you jog the whole time or walk? The stair stepper has my thigh muscles burning after five minutes. I wear out too fast on that one. I'm looking for a machine that gives me a good sweat. So far the treadmill makes me sweat but I have to put it on a high incline position. People say I do a Hollywood workout because I don't sweat. I don't have to be sweating a lot after a workout, do I? I just don't sweat easy. I feel tired when I'm done and I'm breathing fast, so I feel I'm doing something.

Level 3

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2008

pretty T wrote:
<quoted text>Okay, thanks! I won't workout everyday then. Now, I start off walking on the treadmill and then I start jogging. Do you jog the whole time or walk? The stair stepper has my thigh muscles burning after five minutes. I wear out too fast on that one. I'm looking for a machine that gives me a good sweat. So far the treadmill makes me sweat but I have to put it on a high incline position. People say I do a Hollywood workout because I don't sweat. I don't have to be sweating a lot after a workout, do I? I just don't sweat easy. I feel tired when I'm done and I'm breathing fast, so I feel I'm doing something.
Well i walk, i dont really work our anymore since im not playing a sport! Umm and the stair steppers to me seem to just be a leg-ache because the treadmill did more more me and a lot of my teammates than the S.S. Um sweating if you worked real hard you'll be sweating, but just make sure you aren't dehydrated or anything because no sweat is a signal of dehydration. Other than that you'll be set to have a nice body...

“myspace.com/jeri shermaine ”

Since: Nov 07

Texas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2008

screw thigh workouts. My thighs are thick and juicy just like they should be.

pass the corn bread pleazzz....damn i forgot i was on a diet again.
sorry this doesn't help does it...drink lots of water!

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2008

Nubian_x wrote:
everyday doing cardio is a bit much, most people alternate cardio, weights& strength
that manchine that makes you look like your skiing is soo unatural, dont you think?
Okay, I'll break up the workout. It's just that gas is so expensive! When I go to the gym, I just want to take full advantage. I don't want to tear my body down though, so I'll take it easy. I usually go first thing in the morning before I eat. Do you think eating first is better?

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2008

Jeri Sparkles wrote:
screw thigh workouts. My thighs are thick and juicy just like they should be.
pass the corn bread pleazzz....damn i forgot i was on a diet again.
sorry this doesn't help does it...drink lots of water!
I'm eating cornbread right now, no joke. Anyway, I just don't want to let things get too far gone before I do something about it. I'm not dieting, just toning up the arms, legs, and tummy.

“My future husband!”

Level 1

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2008

You have a personal trainer?
If your just starting to work out, start working out like 3 days out the week then when your body starts to get adjust to working out, then move to 4 days etc etc.

Start by doing some cardio, it'll get your heart pumping, like on the tredmill for atleast 20 minuts or more, then my favorite is the elliptical machine...that tones your thighs & bootay! you'll be looking like beyonce within a month lol but yeah the elliptical machine for about 30-40 min. then move on to the Stairmaster---I save that last, thats the hardest workout for me (which means the good one).

The Elliptical machine & the Stairmaster are good if you don't want to do any weight lifting. And you'll see improvement fast. But don't over do your workout, your body would break down. It'll hurt!.

“She's still a maniac”

It's whatev'

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2008

I think cardio is cool everyday but maybe weight training not so much. The kind of workouts I do is sorta cardio and wieght training combined. Like froward squats with over head tricep curls at the same time or something, burns more calories...less time. Of course I use small wieghts and high reps. I don't eat first because I have a sensitive tummy and half way through cardio it will be trying to come back up. lol but I heared you can eat maybe half a fruit or something light maybe a carb for energy. Let meknow if you get a real sick routine...pass it on.
Realistic Man

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2008

pretty T wrote:
I recently joined a fitness center. Now, someone told me I shouldn't do weight training everyday because I can tear my muscles down. Tell me, is working out everyday too much? Should I work legs one day and arms the next, or can I do both in one day? I'm not lifting heavy because I'm not trying to be a body builder, I'm just toning up my muscles. I do the treadmill, stair stepper, the rowing machine, bike, and the machine that looks like you're skiing. I want to eliminate all that and pick just one. Which one gives the best body workout?
Jogging everyday will raise your metabolism. You can weight lift everyday as long as you drink a lot of water and don't lift too heavy. Not drinking enough water and lifting too heavy is what wears and tears your muscles and ligaments. Also, make sure you get proper rest. Your muscles rely on getting rest after a good work out.

“She's still a maniac”

It's whatev'

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2008

^^Oh and you should ask King Ahzi he's personal trainer he's already practically prescribed me a workout.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2008

BrownSuga wrote:
You have a personal trainer?
If your just starting to work out, start working out like 3 days out the week then when your body starts to get adjust to working out, then move to 4 days etc etc.
Start by doing some cardio, it'll get your heart pumping, like on the tredmill for atleast 20 minuts or more, then my favorite is the elliptical machine...that tones your thighs & bootay! you'll be looking like beyonce within a month lol but yeah the elliptical machine for about 30-40 min. then move on to the Stairmaster---I save that last, thats the hardest workout for me (which means the good one).
The Elliptical machine & the Stairmaster are good if you don't want to do any weight lifting. And you'll see improvement fast. But don't over do your workout, your body would break down. It'll hurt!.
No, I don't have a personal trainer.
What's the elliptical machine? That stair master burns me out fast too! My thighs start flaming after five minutes. I thought it was just me! lol
Thanx for that advice.:)

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2008

Lady Chef wrote:
I think cardio is cool everyday but maybe weight training not so much. The kind of workouts I do is sorta cardio and wieght training combined. Like froward squats with over head tricep curls at the same time or something, burns more calories...less time. Of course I use small wieghts and high reps. I don't eat first because I have a sensitive tummy and half way through cardio it will be trying to come back up. lol but I heared you can eat maybe half a fruit or something light maybe a carb for energy. Let meknow if you get a real sick routine...pass it on.
Yeah, I don't do heavy weights either. I don't want to look like a bodybuilder, just toned up. One thing I notice is that I'm not sore the next day. Does that mean I am not lifting enough weight? I only lift 50 pounds with my arms and I do 110 pounds when I do legs. Hey, I notice you're in San Diego too! They put me in Spring Valley for some reason.

Level 1

Since: Apr 07

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2008

pretty T wrote:
<quoted text>No, I don't have a personal trainer.
What's the elliptical machine? That stair master burns me out fast too! My thighs start flaming after five minutes. I thought it was just me! lol
Thanx for that advice.:)
Heyyyyyyyyy you!

http://exercise.about.com/cs/exercisegear/a/t...

http://images.google.com/images...

Level 1

Since: Apr 07

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2008

Women can tone muscles by lifting lighter weight for more repetitions.

Heavy weights is what builds mass.

http://www.google.com/search...

APV

“You were saying about bp aging”

Level 3

still busy trolling??

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2008

pretty T wrote:
I took a fitness class that advised me of the following:

Toning should be done 2-3 times a week and you can do cardio (running, walking, areobic class, etc.) every other day. Tone your entire body and don't do spot training. Each session should be about 8-12 reps and you do each session 2-3 times per day. You need to give your muscles are chance to relax to avoid injuries from overworking them.

Good luck,

APV

“You were saying about bp aging”

Level 3

still busy trolling??

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2008

BTW, you can use exercise bands instead of free weights!

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2008

Realistic Man wrote:
<quoted text>Jogging everyday will raise your metabolism. You can weight lift everyday as long as you drink a lot of water and don't lift too heavy. Not drinking enough water and lifting too heavy is what wears and tears your muscles and ligaments. Also, make sure you get proper rest. Your muscles rely on getting rest after a good work out.
Thanx for that. I did notice that the more I jog, the more energy I'm starting to get. I notice climbing stairs is easier too.
Since I don't lift heavy, I think it'll be okay to lift everyday like you said. It's early in the game and if I start skipping days right now, I might get too lazy. I'll make sure I drink a lot. I do water only right now anyway, so that I can do.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min CUT TO THE CHEESE 1,099,328
Michael Brown .. STRONG ARM ROBBERY ??? 5 min Enough 1,818
I don't want to marry a BLACK MAN 5 min EbonyLove 2,975
Chinese Scientist Proves The First Inhabitants ... (Jan '14) 5 min asho 70
Hey, where is everybody? The "CDC whistleblower... 8 min Vaccines Maim Kill 13
All of this Racism Must Stop 8 min Walls of Jericho 31
Black people: please stop adding fuel to the fire. 11 min Big Knob 9
There's A War On The Black Male 22 min Capree 339
Why do blacks claim to be the true Israelites? ... (May '11) 30 min Carly HI YAH 4,483
Are white women attracted to black men? (Aug '06) 2 hr Gargantos 120,443
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

African-American People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••