First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Level 1

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#54 Jan 3, 2011
P.S.:

Ghana does not offer 'dual' citizenship, i.e., you have to give up your citizenship here/elsewhere to gain citizenship in Ghana.

“Everybody Dies...”

Level 1

Since: Jan 10

...But not Everybody Lives.

#55 Jan 3, 2011
Interesting info. The original links are not to be found anymore. I think the idea is a great one, I would love to be in a position where I could contribute, and I'd like the idea of having dual citizenship to an African country, especially one that I could trace my roots back to.
Success Story

Palmdale, CA

#56 Jan 3, 2011
What about those Americans who went back and founded Liberia? There's a success story for you.

Cool flag. Last I heard they were still using the US dollar as their official currency, they never got around to developing their own.

“Leading the Revolution”

Level 6

Since: Oct 09

United States

#57 Jan 4, 2011
Isispapers wrote:
P.S.:
Ghana does not offer 'dual' citizenship, i.e., you have to give up your citizenship here/elsewhere to gain citizenship in Ghana.
as of 2007 or 08 Ghana offers Dual Citizenship, there was also some talk of creating a Diaspora Visa for those who want to think of Ghana as their African home. Ghana is the country where the highest number of Black Americans go to visit and has the highest number of Black Americans living there. Now I am not talking about the Black Americans that went back and founded Liberia, but those who go back now and want to live in Africa.

“Leading the Revolution”

Level 6

United States

#58 Jan 4, 2011
Success Story wrote:
What about those Americans who went back and founded Liberia? There's a success story for you.
Cool flag. Last I heard they were still using the US dollar as their official currency, they never got around to developing their own.
We have our own currency called the Liberian dollar, but yes the American dollar is accepted
Level 1

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#59 Jan 4, 2011
dkanela wrote:
<quoted text>
as of 2007 or 08 Ghana offers Dual Citizenship, there was also some talk of creating a Diaspora Visa for those who want to think of Ghana as their African home. Ghana is the country where the highest number of Black Americans go to visit and has the highest number of Black Americans living there. Now I am not talking about the Black Americans that went back and founded Liberia, but those who go back now and want to live in Africa.

This is good news, I guess I'm not that up on international affairs in the diaspora.

When I was young, Ghana had to be the most popular African country to African Americans. It is a shame though, the most African Americans no nothing of Liberia. I was fortunate enough to meet some Liberians who had came to attend school where lived when I was young. I remember it so well because I first thought they were joking with me or trying to be sarcastic about our names when they were asked their names and they would have American names, at least last names; of course, we thought that it was impossible for Africans to have American names, and at the time I knew nothing of the history of Liberia.

I really wish that their could be a more conscious effort on both African Americans/the diaspora and Africans to create diplomatic discourse. We need to connect, or reconnect as a people; I think that is the main thing, that in the end is going to help the entire African disapora.

“Leading the Revolution”

Level 6

United States

#60 Jan 4, 2011
Isispapers wrote:
<quoted text>
When I was young, Ghana had to be the most popular African country to African Americans. It is a shame though, the most African Americans no nothing of Liberia. I was fortunate enough to meet some Liberians who had came to attend school where lived when I was young. I remember it so well because I first thought they were joking with me or trying to be sarcastic about our names when they were asked their names and they would have American names, at least last names; of course, we thought that it was impossible for Africans to have American names, and at the time I knew nothing of the history of Liberia.
I really wish that their could be a more conscious effort on both African Americans/the diaspora and Africans to create diplomatic discourse. We need to connect, or reconnect as a people; I think that is the main thing, that in the end is going to help the entire African disapora.
it starts with people who have the knowledge passing the information on to others
Nita

Calumet City, IL

#61 Feb 21, 2011
Hello I am very interested in dual citizenship to Africa. Please let me know which countries in the AU that does it and any information that you have. Thank you.

“Leading the Revolution”

Level 6

United States

#62 Feb 22, 2011
There are many Countries within the AU that offer dual citizenship. You have to first decide which country you want to live in, then check the laws.
Knowledge of Self

Tacoma, WA

#63 Mar 31, 2011
This is a great opportunity to invest in something that has great potential and prove once and for all we do not need a white mans assistance. Lets build something great from scratch. Ghana is giving away acres to Africans of the dispora. Black people we need tp establish a safe haven just in case for when all hell breaks loose in the USA. Africa could benefit from our western education and resources and we could benefit by establishing culture heritage. Its a win win. World kingdomes began in Africa and will eventually come back full circle. If we spent our 500 billion dollars in Africa instead on Western BS we could build a nation. 500 billion dollars a year could establish better water, real estate and living conditions. With the resources of Gold, diamonds and oil africa could sustain itself without outsiders. West Africa has beautiful coast lines screaming for real estate. If whites want America so bad, let thm have it. This was never our home in the first place. When the nukes start coming and we get those 9.9 earthquakes we are over due from god. Welcome to a police state, welcome to NEW CURRENCY, welcome to hell in america. Why do u think all the major cooperations are taking there jobs oversees. Lets get the hell ot of here and rebuild Africa to its world dominance.

Peace
Knowledge of Self

Tacoma, WA

#64 Mar 31, 2011
Thomas Swain

Chanhassen, MN

#65 Jul 26, 2011
Wonderful news but what are the updates on this...anybody, as you can see, I'm a few years late.
Gibs me dat

Coseley, UK

#66 Jul 26, 2011
Ra Shake wrote:
This is a great oppertunity for North American Afrikans to reconnect with our Afrikan roots. This has the potential of reshaping the North Afrikan communities and replacing the values we once had back into our lives.
none of you american negroes came from North Africa. get a life. The "African Union" is nothing like the EU! This whole thing stinks like one of those Nigerian scams - which it probably is. I don't think the USA likes its citizens to have dual nationality anyway .
Gibs me dat

Coseley, UK

#67 Jul 26, 2011
Success Story wrote:
Liberia is a diseased hell hole, ruined by civil war and incompetence. It is NOT a success story at all.
amaretti

UK

#68 Jul 26, 2011
I think that this is a strategy made by the us government in order to invade africa and take over africa's natural resources!
Dwayne Makala

Virginia Beach, VA

#70 Feb 23, 2012
amaretti wrote:
I think that this is a strategy made by the us government in order to invade africa and take over africa's natural resources!
Liberia was once the jewel of Africa

“Leading the Revolution”

Level 6

Woodbury, NJ

#71 May 3, 2012
And she will again
Seph

United States

#72 Apr 5, 2014
I was too late to sign the petition, otherwise, I'd do so.
Boru

Europe

#73 Apr 6, 2014
I support it fully,we need your expertise and knowledge.
Those resources stealers are evil,they rob african countries blind!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min shinningelectr0n 1,189,679
All women prefer white men 4 min Aphex 2,534
why floyd mayweather hasn't sign the contract t... 5 min freddie47 47
Per Capita Blacks commit 440% more crime thanWh... (May '12) 7 min Doctor No 823
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 8 min Ben YISRAEL 108,923
Black Americans are FIGHTING the BATTLE for EVE... 13 min Ingwe Temujin 22
Why do any blacks listen to whites? Why? 16 min Hakeem 12
This is not an AA Forum. It is a hate group site. 46 min Black is Ugly 20
Are black people natural savages? (Nov '11) 2 hr Go Blue Forever 1,297
Are white women attracted to black men? (Aug '06) 3 hr RFD 121,697
More from around the web