'Duck Dynasty' star suspended

Dec 19, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KSAT-TV San Antonio

Either way, Phil Robertson, the patriarch in A&E's "Duck Dynasty," won't be duck calling on air anytime soon.

Comments
1 - 18 of 18 Comments Last updated Dec 21, 2013

“Handsome white and black men”

Level 8

Since: Jan 10

Interracial love

#1 Dec 19, 2013
His statement regarding blacks were not racist. He was just going on his own personal feelings. But his statements regarding homosexuality are clearly homophobic and should be condemned.

“ WOOF ! ”

Level 1

Since: Nov 12

Peoples Bushes, Arizona

#2 Dec 19, 2013
EXECUTE HIM ! TODAY !

That may not be popular with some people, but i have a RIGHT to express my opinions !
A guy

West Chester, OH

#3 Dec 19, 2013
I agree, but they knew what they were getting with the guy. He could have just lied about it, like so many people. I don't consider it any worse than what I've read here, the difference being that he's famous.

“I am an awesome person”

Level 7

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#4 Dec 19, 2013
A guy wrote:
I agree, but they knew what they were getting with the guy. He could have just lied about it, like so many people. I don't consider it any worse than what I've read here, the difference being that he's famous.
Awww boo too too the homosexual community doesn't like it so suspend the guy for what he believes in, LOL!!!!!!!! Typical of this idiotic society today.

Level 3

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#5 Dec 19, 2013
These rules against the expression of bigotry by celebs are not even enforced. If you say something against blacks (Michael Richards) or Jews (Mel Gibson), then you're demonized, but comics can get on stage and mock Mexicans, Appalachians, Irish, and white people generally with impunity.

Mexicans living 20 to a room and selling oranges on the freeway ramp.. big yucks.
Irish drunk... big yucks.
Appalachians drinking moonshine and marrying their sister... big yucks.
Whites can't dance, etc.... big yucks.

Let's apply this even-handedly. BAN that a$$hole Kat Williams from TV!!!
A guy

West Chester, OH

#6 Dec 19, 2013
Tim from Evanston wrote:
<quoted text>Awww boo too too the homosexual community doesn't like it so suspend the guy for what he believes in, LOL!!!!!!!! Typical of this idiotic society today.
I'm not part of the gay community, and I support free speech, but I can understand why it would offend someone. My point is that he's a 60+ year old religious man from Louisiana, what were they expecting him to say? I'd be disappointed if he lied about his opinion like a lot of people do when they're put on the spot.

“I support Cystic Fibrosis.”

Level 4

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#7 Dec 19, 2013
Ish Tov wrote:
These rules against the expression of bigotry by celebs are not even enforced. If you say something against blacks (Michael Richards) or Jews (Mel Gibson), then you're demonized, but comics can get on stage and mock Mexicans, Appalachians, Irish, and white people generally with impunity.
Mexicans living 20 to a room and selling oranges on the freeway ramp.. big yucks.
Irish drunk... big yucks.
Appalachians drinking moonshine and marrying their sister... big yucks.
Whites can't dance, etc.... big yucks.
Let's apply this even-handedly. BAN that a$$hole Kat Williams from TV!!!
Shut up chump. Nothing about this country is even-handed. When will your dumb ass figure that out.
motts

Bridgetown, Barbados

#8 Dec 20, 2013
"Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare, you say: Were they happy? They were godly; they were happy; no one was singing the blues," GQ quoted Robertson as saying.

I think the above statement was subjective and very ignorant. Who cares what this chump thinks anyway? Did he interview every Black person then and now to know how they felt then or feel now?

Sometimes being controversial is a ploy used by actors to bring attention to their series. While it was a silly statement to make, I don't think he should be sacked because he is not a politician bound by 'political correctness'.

I totally agree with his stance on homosexuality.
Nil

Toronto, Canada

#9 Dec 20, 2013
You can't put inbred white trash infront of a camera and expect something intelligent to be said.

That show should be canceled. Not just because it's shit. But because these morons are showing white kids it's ok to be racist, uneducated and hateful.
Nil

Toronto, Canada

#11 Dec 20, 2013
Yep wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds to me like you're a ni__er queer
Sounds to like you're wife and daughter both love some fat ni__er dick

“No Headline available”

Level 2

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#12 Dec 20, 2013
Who cares?
Broadway

Tempe, AZ

#15 Dec 20, 2013
As a black man I'm no way offended about Phil Robertson's comments on blacks, he was speaking from his personal experience. Not once did he say he hated blacks. I have no problem with him or his tv show. Just like Dog the Bounty and Paula Deen, I'm tired of seeing peoples' lives ruined over such petty sh__t. I'm not gay so I can't address those comments.
SMH

La Puente, CA

#18 Dec 20, 2013
Most popular reality series on TV? Never seen it, never wanted to. The big disappointment is that A&E which stand for ARTS & Entertainment has ditched the arts completely and is hardly entertaining anymore. The fact that it is the most popular reality show only further proves that the collective IQ of the viewers has plummeted to an all time LOW.

~smh~
SMH

La Puente, CA

#19 Dec 20, 2013
which ~stands~ for
Ralph

Bloomingdale, IN

#21 Dec 21, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
EXECUTE HIM ! TODAY !
That may not be popular with some people, but i have a RIGHT to express my opinions !
Yes you do, and so does he.
Ralph

Bloomingdale, IN

#22 Dec 21, 2013
FlowFighter wrote:
Here's the thing; no one put a gun to the (collective) America head
and MADE America watch these morons...fact of the matter is..the show has a huge following..
The lesson here is simply that America has an **enormous** population of redneck beady eyed morons.... and THAT folks is why these stinkin' imbecile clowns are millionaires for being absolutely about...nothing.
And you are brilliant beyound all reasonable expectations, and have absolute control over moral high ground.
Perhaps Americans still believe in work, God and country, guns, and doing what is right.
Decent people, living as they see fit under God, with an absolute right to their (his) opinion.
If it makes one feel better to refer to others as redneck, moron, stinkin imbecle, perhaps they have a self image issue.

“Jesus loves you all!”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#23 Dec 21, 2013
Nil wrote:
You can't put inbred white trash infront of a camera and expect something intelligent to be said.

That show should be canceled. Not just because it's shit. But because these morons are showing white kids it's ok to be racist, uneducated and hateful.
Well they sure know how to have a net worth of over $400 million.

“Jesus loves you all!”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#24 Dec 21, 2013
Broadway wrote:
As a black man I'm no way offended about Phil Robertson's comments on blacks, he was speaking from his personal experience. Not once did he say he hated blacks. I have no problem with him or his tv show. Just like Dog the Bounty and Paula Deen, I'm tired of seeing peoples' lives ruined over such petty sh__t. I'm not gay so I can't address those comments.
I concur.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Keep a Word, Drop a Word, GAME ON!!! (Oct '12) 3 min -patricia- 5,099
Why do blacks claim to be the true Israelites? ... (May '11) 6 min AUTISTIC GUY 4,739
Word Game (Feb '08) 7 min Bychance37 11,584
What's happened to my lovely little girl? 8 min Estelle 1
I don't want to marry a BLACK MAN 10 min Diva 3,294
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min Stu Rumsfeld 1,100,620
Blacks are being slaughtered all over America a... 25 min human vs erectus ... 18
There's A War On The Black Male 1 hr Crown 560
How has Africa from the begining of time influe... (May '13) 1 hr asho 1,882
Michael Brown .. STRONG ARM ROBBERY ??? 2 hr Felistas 2,106
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

African-American People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••