61 - 80 of 122 Comments Last updated Dec 9, 2012

“ News”

Level 6

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#62 Dec 7, 2012
DISASTER LOOMS wrote:
<quoted text>
other than sounding too much like a preacher all the time, i think dyson is pretty cool. but i'm not sure bout the light skin privilege, at least for aam. this maybe the case for aaw, cuz it would seem whites only like light skin bw. i really don't see this when it comes to bm, though.
He seemed too smart to come on CNN saying something like that. That's what made me a little suspicious. Coming from a family with a dark-skinned brother myself a year older than me, it didn't settle with me at all. I, the light-skinned brother as they called me, was the one that came closest to going to jail when I temporarily got mixed up with the wrong people, however I have no arrest other then failure to appear in court for an open alcoholic container in my car. The reason I missed the court date was the result of an error by the court system, which they admitted.

I had a lot of buddies in my younger days, but I only keep in touch with a few. Randomly speaking I'd say one fourth were dark-skinned, one-fourth were brown-skinned, one fourth were reddish-brown-caramel-skinned like myself, and one fourth were light-skinned, including one that is biracial with a white father he never met. I tell you our skin tone had minimal effect when it came to white oppression. With the girls, it was hit or miss, but it all evened out one way or another with them.

One thing we never, never talked about was the light-skinned/dark-skinned thing. We already knew white oppression was the real problem. Let me lay it out like not too many brother will do. This is how all my buddies I hung out with after high school turned out, going from my darkest-skinned buddies to my lightest-skinned buddies.

Dark-skinned buddies: 1 graduated from law school and work; 1 got his masters and work; 1 graduated and did a year in grad school and work; 2 had good jobs out of highscool but sold or used drugs and got felons, and work when they can.

Brown-skinned buddies: 2 served the military and work; 1 went military, got dishonorable discharge, turn drug addict, no idea where he is today; 1 worked a low paying job and got strung-out on drugs, got hurt on the job, now collects disability, and goes to church and lip sing in the choir.

Reddish-brown-caramel-skinned buddies: 1 sold drugs, committed murder in self-defense, did plea bargain because victim was a wanted fugitive, got his own construction contract, today don't really know where he is; 1 turned to armed robbery got a felon, hung himself while being arrested not long out of jail, possibly murdered.

Light-skinned buddies: 1 (my very best friend) served the military for 14 years, got a good IT job with the Pentagon, but was tragically killed there on 911, just a year from receiving his Bachelors from U of MD; 1 went to military got seriously wounded and almost died of a brain injury in boot camp, got disability, learn on- the-job carpentry skills, almost beaten uncouscious by the cops, stayed on drugs and lost his disability, now bearly making ends meet; 1 (the biracial one) a Christain, got two BS degrees, had a high paying IT job, but lost it because of government credit card misuse, working temporary jobs; 1 Vietnam Vet and retired.

With all said Dyson makes even less sense. However I do give Dyson credit when he debated with Dr. Boyce Watkins on youths going to college. During the debate they talked about being black and graduating from a prestigious white college, something I did. Then he blurted out, "When we going to deal with the backlash from society when we do succeed in these white colleges". After receiving similar backlash, that struck me at home. Towards the end of the debate when they got back on the subject of black youths not going to college, they bought up the lack of jobs out there, including the lack of jobs for white college graduates, on top of the other backlash. Then he blurted out, "Ain't nobody stupid". I felt he hit a homerun with that one to.

Level 8

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#63 Dec 7, 2012
KPITRL wrote:
<quoted text>
He seemed too smart to come on CNN saying something like that. That's what made me a little suspicious. Coming from a family with a dark-skinned brother myself a year older than me, it didn't settle with me at all. I, the light-skinned brother as they called me, was the one that came closest to going to jail when I temporarily got mixed up with the wrong people, however I have no arrest other then failure to appear in court for an open alcoholic container in my car. The reason I missed the court date was the result of an error by the court system, which they admitted.
I had a lot of buddies in my younger days, but I only keep in touch with a few. Randomly speaking I'd say one fourth were dark-skinned, one-fourth were brown-skinned, one fourth were reddish-brown-caramel-skinned like myself, and one fourth were light-skinned, including one that is biracial with a white father he never met. I tell you our skin tone had minimal effect when it came to white oppression. With the girls, it was hit or miss, but it all evened out one way or another with them.
One thing we never, never talked about was the light-skinned/dark-skinned thing. We already knew white oppression was the real problem. Let me lay it out like not too many brother will do. This is how all my buddies I hung out with after high school turned out, going from my darkest-skinned buddies to my lightest-skinned buddies.
Dark-skinned buddies: 1 graduated from law school and work; 1 got his masters and work; 1 graduated and did a year in grad school and work; 2 had good jobs out of highscool but sold or used drugs and got felons, and work when they can.
Brown-skinned buddies: 2 served the military and work; 1 went military, got dishonorable discharge, turn drug addict, no idea where he is today; 1 worked a low paying job and got strung-out on drugs, got hurt on the job, now collects disability, and goes to church and lip sing in the choir.
Reddish-brown-caramel-skinned buddies: 1 sold drugs, committed murder in self-defense, did plea bargain because victim was a wanted fugitive, got his own construction contract, today don't really know where he is; 1 turned to armed robbery got a felon, hung himself while being arrested not long out of jail, possibly murdered.
Light-skinned buddies: 1 (my very best friend) served the military for 14 years, got a good IT job with the Pentagon, but was tragically killed there on 911, just a year from receiving his Bachelors from U of MD; 1 went to military got seriously wounded and almost died of a brain injury in boot camp, got disability, learn on- the-job carpentry skills, almost beaten uncouscious by the cops, stayed on drugs and lost his disability, now bearly making ends meet; 1 (the biracial one) a Christain, got two BS degrees, had a high paying IT job, but lost it because of government credit card misuse, working temporary jobs; 1 Vietnam Vet and retired.
With all said Dyson makes even less sense. However I do give Dyson credit when he debated with Dr. Boyce Watkins on youths going to college. During the debate they talked about being black and graduating from a prestigious white college, something I did. Then he blurted out, "When we going to deal with the backlash from society when we do succeed in these white colleges". After receiving similar backlash, that struck me at home. Towards the end of the debate when they got back on the subject of black youths not going to college, they bought up the lack of jobs out there, including the lack of jobs for white college graduates, on top of the other backlash. Then he blurted out, "Ain't nobody stupid". I felt he hit a homerun with that one to.
i don't like the light skin/dark skin arguments. these, imo, should be avoided whenever possible - unless they central to the point being discussed.

we already have too much division in the aa community.
Barros Serrano

Reserve, NM

#64 Dec 7, 2012
sassyntrashy wrote:
<quoted text>Fool the white man created the one drop rule to make sure his own mixed kids couldn't claim his race.
I know who created it, duh, but who's perpetuating it?

Frankly I see both white and black Yanks now so mentally twisted by all this that neither is rational. No wonder I avoid both of them.
Barros Serrano

Reserve, NM

#65 Dec 7, 2012
Chrome876 wrote:
<quoted text>
CNN is purging out it's black anchors. The only ones left is Don Lemon, Fredricka Whitfield and Roland Martin. Could have had them host the documentary
Is this a purge really?

What I've noticed is CNN seems to have increasingly white females with Fox-News hair. Very bothersome.

And are there any Mexicans on there? Native Americans? Black women?

CNN is far better than Fox but there's an ethnic “balance” I wouldn't mind seeing... more blacks as well as other groups.
Barros Serrano

Reserve, NM

#66 Dec 7, 2012
sassyntrashy wrote:
<quoted text>Why are you still here? Your opinions do not count because you are not one of us. No wonder you have no friends.
LOL!!! My opinions don't count? This is the USA, and we each get one vote, ok.

As long as you're spewing racism at whites and others, I reckon I can discuss any ethnic group I want. In any case, settle down, I'm not anti-black or racist. People like me are not your problem. When it comes down to it, I'm nearly always on the black side, politically.

That doesn't stop me from attacking black racists in here, but it's RACISM I'm attacking, not black people.
Barros Serrano

Reserve, NM

#67 Dec 7, 2012
sassyntrashy wrote:
I also hate that we are singled out for shows like this instead of them making sure we are on regular shows. Why can't CNN out us with everybody else.
Yeah, you're right about that. These shows make it seem like black people are still a novelty. Oh wow look, there are black people in the country! What is this, 1962?
Barros Serrano

Reserve, NM

#68 Dec 7, 2012
Whites are Filth wrote:
<quoted text>
Your ass aint comin nowhere NEAR Columbus! If you do be sure you WONT LEAVE standing on two feet
You continue to avoid my invitations to get yourself f'ed up for your racism. No surprise... racists are always cowards.
Barros Serrano

Reserve, NM

#69 Dec 7, 2012
As for light-dark... Right, I'm not black so F me, but still I have black people in my family. My cousin-in-law is quite light yet growing up he faced the same crap as everyone else in that town. He owns a business and yet on the job he's had people use the N word to his face and so on, interestingly, not white Yanks but foreigners!

But as for this show, I think the problem with Soledad isn't even whether she's black but that she's too mainstream, not going to put in any real insight into this that I can see. Why don't they have people like Bobby Seale work on this. He actually has something to say and could contribute to meaningful dialogue.

But folks, let's face it, all mainstream TV is watered-down sugar-coated pro-corporate crap, so one can't expect much from them...

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#70 Dec 7, 2012
KPITRL wrote:
<quoted text>
Both darkskin men and women have faced colorism here in America at one point. But it seems like we are the main offenders anways so I say if we want to get rid of it then e must stop it.

Location hidden

#71 Dec 7, 2012
My post disappeared but anyways as I said both darkskin women and men have faced colorism at some tie in their life. But something that I can admit is that we are often times the offenders of our own people. It i time we put and end to the hate.
Sadbuttrue

Chantilly, VA

#72 Dec 7, 2012
sassyntrashy wrote:
When or if you watch the CNN special on who decides what is Black in America just remember that these are Soledad's kids and what she is about http://www.traditionalhome.com/images/img_sol... .
MACEO

your Late! lmao

maceo

This Pastor told the truth! It describes how many Black males act including yourself!

That means that Black women are getting the message and dating/marry out now! I think its a good thing!

MOST Black males who are on the lower rungs of society!Now educated, Black women are "Bailing out" on Black men. There' not interested in taking care of a man or accepting less than.

Black Men are always trying to PIMP somebody!

There's also a big push by BWE women or women in general to stop accepting these Sorry ASS Black men who ABUSE their Mothers by remaining dependent on them as well as always asking their Mothers to put up "Bond on their Homes' for their incarceration as well as almost 70% of Black men look for women to supplement or take care of them financially!

Black men are truly in a very sad position and on the FAST TRACK TOWARDS EXTINCTION!

Marriage Is For Black People
http://youtu.be/w4_qyq_O6lM

This is a good video and what this Black Pastor says about Black males is true!

Black men live off their Mothers or other women or go around with 3-4 women and don't have a damn thing!

Sadbuttrue

Chantilly, VA

#73 Dec 7, 2012
sassyntrashy wrote:
<quoted text>Both darkskin men and women have faced colorism here in America at one point. But it seems like we are the main offenders anways so I say if we want to get rid of it then e must stop it.
maceo

Did you even graduate from HS? You have a 10th grade education nothing more! LMAO

Poor thing your White wife divorced you!

YOUR AN OLD LONELY OLD BLACK MEN WHO'S SICKLY AND BROKE!
Sadbuttrue

Chantilly, VA

#75 Dec 7, 2012
DISASTER LOOMS wrote:
<quoted text>
i don't like the light skin/dark skin arguments. these, imo, should be avoided whenever possible - unless they central to the point being discussed.
we already have too much division in the aa community.
MACEO

maceo

This Pastor told the truth! It describes how many Black males act including yourself!

That means that Black women are getting the message and dating/marry out now! I think its a good thing!

MOST Black males who are on the lower rungs of society!Now educated, Black women are "Bailing out" on Black men. There' not interested in taking care of a man or accepting less than.

There's also a big push by BWE women or women in general to stop accepting these Sorry ASS Black men who ABUSE their Mothers by remaining dependent on them as well as always asking their Mothers to put up "Bond on their Homes' for their incarceration as well as almost 70% of Black men look for women to supplement or take care of them financially!

Black men are truly in a very sad position and on the FAST TRACK TOWARDS EXTINCTION!

Black men live off their Mothers or other women or go around with 3-4 women and don't have a damn thing!

Sadbuttrue

Chantilly, VA

#76 Dec 7, 2012
Barros Serrano wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this a purge really?
What I've noticed is CNN seems to have increasingly white females with Fox-News hair. Very bothersome.
And are there any Mexicans on there? Native Americans? Black women?
CNN is far better than Fox but there's an ethnic “balance” I wouldn't mind seeing... more blacks as well as other groups.
MACEO

CNN has most of the Black women but I've noticed their BiRacial and all of them are married to White males LMAO

Soledad Obrien is married to a White man!

Level 4

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#77 Dec 7, 2012
Sadbuttrue wrote:
<quoted text>MACEO
maceo
You are so mental....seriously.....go check into a hospital or something, before you hurt yourself or someone else
Sadbuttrue

Chantilly, VA

#79 Dec 7, 2012
Chrome876 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so mental....seriously.....go check into a hospital or something, before you hurt yourself or someone else
Maceo

Almost all of the Black women on CNN are biracial and there all with White males!

This is a FACT! LMAO

We are leaving Black men behind!

Just like you did to us! lmao
Chrome876 wrote:
<quoted text>
MACEO

Really? Your A Fuccn Sociopath MACEO! That' video tells the truth!

&fe ature=share&list=FL05A3Uyc oUzqsAmiWtEPqgg

Marriage is for white people!

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

I"m moving on just like Ralph Richard Banks and this Pastor stated so arent 1/2 of my GF they refuse Black males!
Sadbuttrue

Chantilly, VA

#80 Dec 7, 2012
Chrome876 wrote:
<quoted text>
MACEO

You don't see anything wrong with you spending 10 hrs every evening including weekends talking to yoru profiles and getting angry at Black women?

you don't see anything wrong with 4 of your profiles having over 100,000 post each?

YOUR A SOCIOPATH SICK RECLUSE MACEO!

Location hidden

#81 Dec 7, 2012
Sadbuttrue wrote:
<quoted text>MACEO
You don't see anything wrong with you spending 10 hrs every evening including weekends talking to yoru profiles and getting angry at Black women?
you don't see anything wrong with 4 of your profiles having over 100,000 post each?
YOUR A SOCIOPATH SICK RECLUSE MACEO!
Do you not see thta you are crazy?

Location hidden

#82 Dec 7, 2012
So I saw a clip and it looks to be biased in favor of mixed people. She even made sure to select an egyptian from Africa lol.

“The Love Below”

Level 8

Since: Apr 10

ATL

#83 Dec 7, 2012
DISASTER LOOMS wrote:
<quoted text>
other than sounding too much like a preacher all the time, i think dyson is pretty cool. but i'm not sure bout the light skin privilege, at least for aam. this maybe the case for aaw, cuz it would seem whites only like light skin bw. i really don't see this when it comes to bm, though.
Colorism, back in the day, has givne light skin black folks, and brown skin black folks, who look less black, or had mix features, better positions in job placement, and in some black families, they are treated better. I have even heard that they were more attractive than darker skin, by white folks, black folks, ect. They are seen as non threatening to some white people, and more intelligent. A light skin black woman will get married faster than a dark skin black woman, and many brothas prefer that mixed look. Sometimes to be dark and attractive for a woman, she has too have fine features, and finer hair. Some think that light folks have it a little better, and sometimes they do, and we dont like talking about it. In one job department at my job, all the workers were light skin, for years. The hiring manager was a indian, and it stayed that way, til they shut the department down. Light skin blacks, and dark skin blacks, dont always share the same experiences in life.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min woodtick57 1,100,250
There's A War On The Black Male 9 min GIZLER 490
Race in America: Why are blacks being seen as r... (Jul '13) 10 min Ms Mack 9,832
Do black men really have larger penises? (Sep '10) 11 min Stupid Thread 928
Lol.. WW Has 8 Mix Kids wants MORE!! 15 min Ms Mack 338
What should we do about black women who date in... 21 min Stupid Thread 6
Black Men Are Superior To White Get Over It A... (Oct '08) 24 min OneAbove 299
Why do blacks claim to be the true Israelites? ... (May '11) 28 min Obsidian2xxx 4,694
I have no plan.................................... 1 hr Drilling for the ... 126
Michael Brown .. STRONG ARM ROBBERY ??? 5 hr Masud_S_Hoghughi__ 2,051
I don't want to marry a BLACK MAN 5 hr trace 3,156
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
Ashburn Dating

more search filters

less search filters

African-American People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••