Since: Aug 07

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2007

I know this is the AA Forum but there is no beauty forum on here:( and all the other websites are mainly dedicated to Caucasian women.
I work for Mac Cosmetics I LOVE makeup and have been an artist for 6years. I find it so hard for black women to find certain shades of makeup or to create/Recreate certain looks.
Is anybody interested in Makeup Tutorials because IF SO I would love to post some. Or if you have any questions I would be honored to answer them.

“keep it fair across the board!”

Level 1

Since: Dec 06

Texas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2007

I would love for you to post some. I would love to know more about colors and how to properly apply eyeshadow.

“At Peace”

Since: Jul 07

BROOKLYN N.Y

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2007

Cosmeticjunkiee wrote:
I know this is the AA Forum but there is no beauty forum on here:( and all the other websites are mainly dedicated to Caucasian women.
I work for Mac Cosmetics I LOVE makeup and have been an artist for 6years. I find it so hard for black women to find certain shades of makeup or to create/Recreate certain looks.
Is anybody interested in Makeup Tutorials because IF SO I would love to post some. Or if you have any questions I would be honored to answer them.
I love MAC's primer. And I'm obsessed with MAC lipgloss "Take a hint". I trying to find a foundation for oily skin. Most foundations I have used works for a short time before my face has a shine to it. Any suggestion?

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2007

Kathy Kat wrote:
I would love for you to post some. I would love to know more about colors and how to properly apply eyeshadow.
Please tell me the type of look you are trying to achive for work? or the club?

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2007

VIXEN077 wrote:
<quoted text>I love MAC's primer. And I'm obsessed with MAC lipgloss "Take a hint". I trying to find a foundation for oily skin. Most foundations I have used works for a short time before my face has a shine to it. Any suggestion?
Mac is great however. They are not the best for foundations their products contain Titanium Dioxide that turns black skin grey:(
The best I have found is: Fashion Fair's True finish Liquid makeup 20$ at Macy's it is a tint. Before applying Try cleaning you skin with St Ives Clear pore cleanser 4$ at Walmart Stay away from moisturizer as you skin is not dry and produces excess moisture. For a heavier coverage Apply a lose powder on top of the Fashion Fair's True finish Liquid makeup Although I would not recommend this for everyday (it might appear too heavy) just for the club to avoid oily skin:)Try fashions fair perfect finish good luck:)

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2007

Kathy Kat wrote:
Also what complexion are you fai, med, dark?

Level 1

Texas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2007

Cosmeticjunkiee wrote:
<quoted text>
Please tell me the type of look you are trying to achive for work? or the club?
both

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2007

Kathy Kat wrote:
<quoted text>both
And what complexion are you?
AmberGoldDust

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2007

I think Fashion Fair's foundations's are cheap & turns everyone red faced, just too much red dye in them. If oily skin is the problem then use a powder/foundation such as Lancome's Dual Finish (use it dry, do not wet the sponge), or Revlon's Colorstay with Softflex is a great choice. For normal combination skin Christian Dior's "Diorskin SPF12" is awesome, so natural & flawless looking, & it's yellow based not red. Comes in shades for women of color even darkskinned women. It cost like the devil at $41/bottle but a dime sized application is all it takes, so it last forever.

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2007

AmberGoldDust wrote:
I think Fashion Fair's foundations's are cheap & turns everyone red faced, just too much red dye in them. If oily skin is the problem then use a powder/foundation such as Lancome's Dual Finish (use it dry, do not wet the sponge), or Revlon's Colorstay with Softflex is a great choice. For normal combination skin Christian Dior's "Diorskin SPF12" is awesome, so natural & flawless looking, & it's yellow based not red. Comes in shades for women of color even darkskinned women. It cost like the devil at $41/bottle but a dime sized application is all it takes, so it last forever.
She would still have oily skin even if she did use powder That would eventually clog her pores Thus creating break outs....Remember clean skin is clear skin and CD is geared towards the Caucasian skin type (I used to work there) Black people come in more colors than just Brown, yellow and black I would go with the fashion fair any makeup you overly apply will have a effect on your tone whether grey or red eliminate this problem by using a minimal amount I would recommend I tint......

Level 1

Texas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2007

Cosmeticjunkiee wrote:
<quoted text>
And what complexion are you?
dark

Level 1

Since: Apr 07

Austin

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2007

Cosmeticjunkiee wrote:
i never do my own makeup. I DON'T KNOW HOW!! my mom or my friends do it for me.

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2007

djhixx wrote:
<quoted text>i never do my own makeup. I DON'T KNOW HOW!! my mom or my friends do it for me.
Girl you are so damn pretty you don't need makeup wish I looked like that when I wake up;)
MDJ

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2007

ooooh! I love Mac!

CJ, I have:
Lipstick

Siss-A16
Bronze Shimmer-A96
Lust
Sleek
High Strung
Icon

Eyeshadow
Slick
Vex
Carbon
Idol Eyes

Lip Liner

Chestnut
Vino
Currant
slick

And i don't know how to use any of my products. I put the lip liner on first and then the lipstick.

And i have primer. I don't know how to use Primer. Do i put the Primer on first? And then the mascara?

And i love eyelashes. When i don't feel like putting mascara on.. i wear MAC Eyelashes. But I forgot the eyelashes that i get from MAC. I try to by the ones that are not to dramatic.
MDJ

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2007

Oh Damn! I did'nt think my response was that long.
MDJ

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2007

VIXEN077 wrote:
<quoted text>I love MAC's primer. And I'm obsessed with MAC lipgloss "Take a hint". I trying to find a foundation for oily skin. Most foundations I have used works for a short time before my face has a shine to it. Any suggestion?
VIXEN!!!! Heyyyyyy!!!!!!

Level 1

Since: Jul 07

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2007

Ok...I have a strange make-up problem. My skin on my face is dry..it tends to peel. But...if I wear foundation it gets shiny! How can that happen? And what do I do about it?

Also...what do you think of permanent eyelash extensions? I have been thinking about getting them done.

I think this thread is a GREAT idea!

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2007

I don't know if that posted... here is a mini Tutorial I could not post hella PICS SO I HAD TO TYPE IT OUT forgive the quality.... CLICK HERE

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w134/cosme...

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2007

OH SHIT well this sucks it is not legible disregard that...lol while I figure this out...thanks

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2007

Okay I got it click on the picture it should ZOOM in so you can read IT:)

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w134/cosme...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••