Game4Life

Monroeville, PA

#22 Nov 30, 2008
new york b-boy wrote:
<quoted text>well how is a black person suppose to act i mean i dont use proper language but its where im from and im more streets than i am into books but i dont knock down a person cause of how they talk its their choice on how they wanna talk i dont own anybody
There is not such thing as a Black Person acting a certain way to prove Blacknees. However, a lot of Black People buy into the stereotype of acting ignorant and street, and when they see a Black Person who doesn't act like them, they start to hate.

“KING MARCUS- COMMUNIST”

Level 1

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#23 Nov 30, 2008
Game4Life wrote:
<quoted text>
There is not such thing as a Black Person acting a certain way to prove Blacknees. However, a lot of Black People buy into the stereotype of acting ignorant and street, and when they see a Black Person who doesn't act like them, they start to hate.
so you mean act ghetto cause you cant act black, black is a color and only ignorant people act like everybody else dont get me wrong i still talk like im back in the streets eventhough im in the navy i seen black people who use proper language and we dont bash eachother down we just have regular conversations

“Horaay for being different”

Since: Apr 08

Warsaw

#24 Nov 30, 2008
Because of my skin condition, I looked white to everyone else, and as a result I was used as a punching bag by black people in general growing up. So when I was 12 I just disowned the whole race. Some children look a parent in the eye and tell them "You're not my mom/dad". I basically did the same to an entire race. After that I figured black people were mostly just conformist morons pushing lifestyles on me I did not want, So I generally ignored them socially during my teen years.

“KING MARCUS- COMMUNIST”

Level 1

Location hidden

#25 Nov 30, 2008
ice_prince wrote:
Because of my skin condition, I looked white to everyone else, and as a result I was used as a punching bag by black people in general growing up. So when I was 12 I just disowned the whole race. Some children look a parent in the eye and tell them "You're not my mom/dad". I basically did the same to an entire race. After that I figured black people were mostly just conformist morons pushing lifestyles on me I did not want, So I generally ignored them socially during my teen years.
so how do you fell about them now?

“Horaay for being different”

Since: Apr 08

Warsaw

#26 Nov 30, 2008
new york b-boy wrote:
<quoted text>so how do you fell about them now?
My stance has softened since then, now I just deal with more open minded people regardless f race. Though I dish out the occasional slights.

“"Living life"”

Since: Oct 07

((Material Status))

#27 Nov 30, 2008
Buckin_Ray-mxdchik wrote:
<quoted text>
NO! I meant girls like that.....no matter what race they are!
Not every black chick is like that. You might think I think that way but I don't.
I think we are know that not all black women are ghetto and rude. But we have a pretty large about out them and thats why we have the sterotypes.

“"Living life"”

((Material Status))

#28 Nov 30, 2008
Chocolate Princess wrote:
<quoted text>
Its not about white men...it is about how some black people treat me. I know I am black...but...sometimes I do not think they accept me.
I'm not going to lie I don't encounter or assoicate myself with ghetto black people. I try my best not to cross paths with people like that- and think god I live in a neighborhood where they aren't present. I understand you girl just try you're best to ignore or stay away from people like that. Forget not being excepted by them(life goes on) and I'm sure you will accomplish great things in life. And you won't even need their approvel than.

“"Living life"”

((Material Status))

#29 Nov 30, 2008
LilBlackGul wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe she heard what your friend said cause if I did, I would have snapped on your friend too. Also, you should have minded your own business regardless if she was going to buy something or not. Maybe she had some bottled up feelings about biracial people and past experiences with MAC employees and when your friend made the comment she just snapped, like anyone else would. I mean she was wrong for the comments she said and for acting out like that, but your friend was wrong for what she said and you all were wrong for not minding your business...
No hun she was actaully talking to us and making rude remarks-I don't need people thinking I'm with her or anything. Any ordinary person would have just walked away and let it go ( but we all know ghetto will always be ghetto) no matter what enviorment they are in. I don't know her so why on earth would she think I will agree or even assocaite myself in a conversation with someone like her.

“Learn to love yourself first!!”

Georgia Peach

#30 Nov 30, 2008
For some reason,this generation of young black ppl believe that ignorance is cool. Ive never seen so many unrefined teenagers in my life. Many of these children were raised better than this, its just they think its cool to be ignorant. It doesn just stop with young ppl, there are older ones who are the same way. Its sad and I dont care to be around ppl like that

“"Living life"”

((Material Status))

#31 Nov 30, 2008
GirlPower wrote:
For some reason,this generation of young black ppl believe that ignorance is cool. Ive never seen so many unrefined teenagers in my life. Many of these children were raised better than this, its just they think its cool to be ignorant. It doesn just stop with young ppl, there are older ones who are the same way. Its sad and I dont care to be around ppl like that
That's my point exactly sweetie ( there's nothing cool and cute about acting ignorant in a place like Macy's). I don't know who raised those kids but lord only knows that those young black girls need someone tough looking after their behind. If my father ever found out that sexurity offier had to come and remove me from anywhere-I might as well commit suicide.

Level 1

Since: Jul 07

Vermilion, OH

#32 Nov 30, 2008
Number1Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
That's my point exactly sweetie ( there's nothing cool and cute about acting ignorant in a place like Macy's). I don't know who raised those kids but lord only knows that those young black girls need someone tough looking after their behind. If my father ever found out that sexurity offier had to come and remove me from anywhere-I might as well commit suicide.
It is as if some of these 'children'(however I have seem grown women act this way as well)...think that being loud or obnoxious or cursing someone makes them tough. They think it makes them big or important...they think they are 'owning' the situation. However...what in reality they are doing is playing into and reinforcing every negative stereotype and generalization there is to be made about black people.

The whole eye rolling, gum popping, loud talking tooth sucking thing is not impressive or cute...nor does it command respect. The sad thing is that there is no way to impart to them that it does not.

“Learn to love yourself first!!”

Georgia Peach

#33 Nov 30, 2008
Number1Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldve walked right and left her standing there arguing looking stupid by her damn self. Unfortuanely,it doesnt just end when you get older, some ppl just never grow up. Some ppl think that ignorance is cute. Women who are reserved and carry themselves with grace or usually associated with being stuck up. I get it all the time. What is really embarrassing is when non-black ppl say, "you are so different" and I know exactly what they mean. I dont even comment. Its sad. I dont even go out in public with certain ppl.
Nice Black Girl

Eastpointe, MI

#34 Nov 30, 2008
Chocolate Princess wrote:
I've grown quite used to being told that I am not 'black' enough. I grew up in a predominately white neighborhood, and went to private schools. I was blessed. I am not nor have I ever been what too many black people consider to be a 'real' black person...translation 'ghetto'. I have had black people berate me for the way i dress, for my manner of speech for my education. I have been called sellout, Buffy...been told that I have forgotten where I came from. The thing is...I've never forgotten where I came from...because I came from suburbia!!! Bottom line is that I am more comfortable with others with a middle or upper class aesthetic.
I get called all the time on not wanting to be around or accept 'ghetto' people...but why should I? We have nothing in common...and frankly they rejected me a LONG time ago!!!
I totally identify with your post. I had similar experiences growing up beause I was raised middle class in a predominantly white neighborhood. The black kids (with the exception of a very few kind and open minded) never liked me! They would hear me speak (I sound 'white') and they would reject me on the spot. I've had very few black female friends in my life. They couldn't relate to me and I couldn't relate to them. A lot of them also seemed to love beating people up and I'm just not a violent woman and never have been. It actually got to a point where I was scared of all black people that were not family members!

Now I'm in my early 30's and the sad reality is that I still get rejected by my black peers but to a lesser degress than when I was in school. I only have 1 very close black female friend that isn't family. It's sad but I won't dumb myself down or change who I am for anyones approval. I was not raised in the ghetto and I'm not a violent woman. I don't like street fighting and I think it looks trashy to see women fist fighting. None of this makes me better than anyone, just different but unfortunately it's a kind of different that it seems like a lot of black people aren't receptive to.

“KING MARCUS- COMMUNIST”

Level 1

Location hidden

#35 Nov 30, 2008
ice_prince wrote:
<quoted text>
My stance has softened since then, now I just deal with more open minded people regardless f race. Though I dish out the occasional slights.
in my eyes you should be proud of what you are to me if a person if half black and half white they should be proud of what they are you are human being no more or no less i hope when you read this you walk with your head high if you do not already
BBA

Mount Airy, MD

#36 Nov 30, 2008
lol I went as far to act black by entering a fake intiation into the bloods and having one of my friends punch me in my face. I tried to act gangster and lossed the respect of my teacher and older friends. I wanted so hard to be black. This issue stems from the house negroe field negroe thing. Those of us who are less fortunate and live in the ghetto are true black or field negroes and those of us who are blessed and raised in the suburbs are thought of as house negroes and not true black. Be who you are

“KING MARCUS- COMMUNIST”

Level 1

Location hidden

#37 Nov 30, 2008
BBA wrote:
lol I went as far to act black by entering a fake intiation into the bloods and having one of my friends punch me in my face. I tried to act gangster and lossed the respect of my teacher and older friends. I wanted so hard to be black. This issue stems from the house negroe field negroe thing. Those of us who are less fortunate and live in the ghetto are true black or field negroes and those of us who are blessed and raised in the suburbs are thought of as house negroes and not true black. Be who you are
i agree but to me you cant act black you was trying to act gangster and it got you nowhere their are alot of none gangster educated black people that live in the ghetto.

“MARRIAGE IS 1 MAN and 1 WOMAN”

Chicago

#38 Nov 30, 2008
The gangsters’ rappers are one of the worst things that could have happened to the African-American communities throughout the country.
These thugs have hijacked our youth's minds and mislead them into thinking that life about big cars, scantily clad women, and lots of money, big houses, slinging dope and no mention of any type of legal occupation that will pay for all those things.
EnochSpeaks
BBA

Mount Airy, MD

#39 Nov 30, 2008
I know my brother but what Im trying to say is the media has many of us thinking that the gangster rapper hood life represents black hood. I could get along with older black folks who I can have conversations with but those my age only seem to gravitate to people who act like that. so i did and it almost cost me a great deal
BBA

Mount Airy, MD

#40 Nov 30, 2008
EnochSpeaks wrote:
The gangsters’ rappers are one of the worst things that could have happened to the African-American communities throughout the country.
These thugs have hijacked our youth's minds and mislead them into thinking that life about big cars, scantily clad women, and lots of money, big houses, slinging dope and no mention of any type of legal occupation that will pay for all those things.
EnochSpeaks
Lol i agree and the ironic thing is being Afrocentric and about something to uplift them from their current woes is not black or cool but instead frivolity and hedonism takes its place.

“KING MARCUS- COMMUNIST”

Level 1

Location hidden

#41 Nov 30, 2008
EnochSpeaks wrote:
EnochSpeaks
yeah but not all rappers are like that just the mainstream ones if you ever listen to mos def, talib kwali, the roots, de la soul, common, rakim, krs-one and other are actually politicaly positive hip-hop, and just because the rappers are doing that doesnt mean they are forcing black kids to do it every human being has a choice to make their own destiny for example if i give you a gun and tell you to kill the president, im not making you do it a person cant make another person do a damn thing its your choice

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min TSM 1,129,437
Video: 10 hrs of AA Men Harassing 1 Woman: Vide... 5 min crackeroncrack 322
I need proof that the Ancient Egyptians Were No... (Oct '07) 6 min dreamhunk 26,528
Should We Biracials Be Recognized As A Seperate... 10 min selina london 24
Do BLACK people REALLY HATE each other, OR is i... 12 min c o r e t t a 16
Why don't black men like Asian women? (Dec '13) 14 min ThatBlackGuy 306
Is APV sexually attractive? 17 min smh 10
Why do blacks claim to be the true Israelites? ... (May '11) 25 min Ben YISRAEL 7,781
WHITE english woman only want BLACK MEN (Jul '12) 46 min ThatBlackGuy 468
Nothing will make people stop hating BLACK MEN ... 1 hr Capree 152
17 yr old Black kid lynched for dating white woman 6 hr alldaylong20141990 543

African-American People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE