cpt Appiah

United States

#351 Sep 8, 2008
Saylaci wrote:
<quoted text>
Only about 5% of the somali population is mixed. As for Male models your looking at the American fashion industry but in Europe and else where the Skinny men are in. Also your body structure has to do with the environment your people live in. As i said to you and to your women Big men are good looking but we love our men just the way they are. Skinny and beautifull. Also your forgetting that your men are mostly shorter than ours. To each his own. Are you implying that our features have been tampered with? Also you havent answered my question, what does an African Look Like?
It depends who you ask what an African looks like when you go to a Austrian they would describe the stereotypical West African but to me Africa is diverse so there is no look but in the western world they have their own description of a African look which differs from whoever you ask
We are not as short as you think,SOME bantu from east africa are shorter due to their admixture with the pygmies from the congo,all my WA people over here are over 6 feet tall and many of us tower EAs,as I said I'm originally from Ghana home of Boris Kodjoe and my ethnic group produces big mascular people
And I agree that everyone with their preferences
Peace

“young petros”

Since: Feb 08

Addis AKA The Real A-Town

#352 Sep 8, 2008
cpt Appiah wrote:
<quoted text>
Our features are only found in Africa and amongst people of the diaspora,that makes us unique on the other hand East Africans look like black crackers (not all of them though,just the stereotypical few).
West Africans are considered beautiful in the west,compared to both sides West African male models sell,I was a part time male model as well and they would only choose the real Africans over those that look like arabs/black cracker etc. because there is no market for them,although I agree that SOME females are better in that industry although many are apparently disowned back home like Iman and Yasmin who pose naked
All I can do is lol @ this response. Typical chauvinistic behavior from West Africans. No lie, some have the audacity to mention that we East Africans are the ones who are blatantly racist. Black arab crackers? Also, not all of us are skinny and male modeling is seen as homo/gay in our culture so that is why no one pursues that route. I and both my two brothers were modeling as kids but once we grew older my father cut it off b/c that is for women.
cpt Appiah

United States

#353 Sep 8, 2008
Petros The Habesha King wrote:
<quoted text>
All I can do is lol @ this response. Typical chauvinistic behavior from West Africans. No lie, some have the audacity to mention that we East Africans are the ones who are blatantly racist. Black arab crackers? Also, not all of us are skinny and male modeling is seen as homo/gay in our culture so that is why no one pursues that route. I and both my two brothers were modeling as kids but once we grew older my father cut it off b/c that is for women.
I'm 21 and I did part time modelling and I'm now into acting and doing film studies,nothing gay about it

“young petros”

#354 Sep 8, 2008
cpt Appiah wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm 21 and I did part time modelling and I'm now into acting and doing film studies,nothing gay about it
Can you read cpt stephen appiah? I said male modeling is viewed that way in my culture.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#355 Sep 8, 2008
<quoted text>
Can you read cpt stephen appiah? I said male modeling is viewed that way in my culture.
Co-Sign add hair dressers and Stylist and any man who owns more shoes than me.LOL
cpt Appiah

United States

#356 Sep 8, 2008
Well thats your culture,thats why its limited to success

“young petros”

#357 Sep 8, 2008
Saylaci wrote:
<quoted text>
Co-Sign add hair dressers and Stylist and any man who owns more shoes than me.LOL
loooooool indeed sis
BlueNC

Cary, NC

#358 Sep 8, 2008
Does anyone actually know if them somila types know how to use soap/water/deodorant? Geez, the ones I work around stink, and I mean, a god-awful, don't know how to wipe their butts, stink. Don't what to even image what their "lady parts" smell like. Just a nasty, nasty people.

We should deport them all and replace them with "low-caste" folks from India.
cpt Appiah

United States

#359 Sep 8, 2008
Im not saying we are better but we are definately risk-takers,its a cycle to get somewhere you have to start somewhere and make use of what you have in the end you look back to where you started from,the compliments wont take you very far but they will help you get there,every person with their culture but I dont know of a culture the opposes modelling let alone religion that opposes modelling,there are clothing designers that design clothes acceptable to see for all viewers,it is a models work to market them to whoever the target market

“young petros”

#360 Sep 8, 2008
cpt Appiah wrote:
Well thats your culture,thats why its limited to success
Don't mistake my kindness for weakness. Tread softly stephen appiah. You don't see us mocking your voodoo culture so fall back quickly

“young petros”

#361 Sep 8, 2008
BlueNC wrote:
Does anyone actually know if them somila types know how to use soap/water/deodorant? Geez, the ones I work around stink, and I mean, a god-awful, don't know how to wipe their butts, stink. Don't what to even image what their "lady parts" smell like. Just a nasty, nasty people.
just another troll who got rejected right?

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#362 Sep 8, 2008
cpt Appiah wrote:
Im not saying we are better but we are definately risk-takers,its a cycle to get somewhere you have to start somewhere and make use of what you have in the end you look back to where you started from,the compliments wont take you very far but they will help you get there,every person with their culture but I dont know of a culture the opposes modelling let alone religion that opposes modelling,there are clothing designers that design clothes acceptable to see for all viewers,it is a models work to market them to whoever the target market
We dont sell ourself or bodies. Some of us choose to be modest. In what sense are you Risk takers. One time you state we are somehow half breeds. Its just amazing that West Africans somehow view themselves are the only true Africans, than where the hell did we come from. Also if u want to believe the world that is bullshit science like or not you came from us. We are the father and mother of all humanity.
cpt Appiah

United States

#363 Sep 8, 2008
Petros you dont see me posting the starving kids with their bellies sticking out do you?
Now stop playing around starvin marvin,you are well fed but what about the 5 million starving?!
Dont get me started posting the links,you dont see me posting about the war in your country,disgraceful to Africa and so primitive
cpt Appiah

United States

#364 Sep 8, 2008
Ethiopian people starving
&fe ature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
And even the camels are starving to death
P.S: Petros you pissed me off and continue harrasing me and I will continue posting the pictures from your country
flashinglights

Edinburg, TX

#365 Sep 8, 2008
Somalibrother wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
Thanks flashing and this topic was just a joke started by some Asian kid.lol
Your part of a African organization huh so where abouts in Africa you from?
Oh okay I didn't catch that lol

Yep, I'm apart of one but I'm not as active as I used to be since I'm trying to graduate. I'm a 2nd generation Nigerian. Were you born in Somalia or are you 2nd generation as well?

“young petros”

#366 Sep 8, 2008
cpt Appiah wrote:
Petros you dont see me posting the starving kids with their bellies sticking out do you?
Now stop playing around starvin marvin,you are well fed but what about the 5 million starving?!
Dont get me started posting the links,you dont see me posting about the war in your country,disgraceful to Africa and so primitive
Ohhh NOOOOO, please don't expose us to something the world already knows about!!!

God willing, Ethiopia will rise back to its destined position in this world.

Iks

“" Just joined don't knw why!"”

Since: Sep 08

London

#367 Sep 8, 2008
BlueNC wrote:
Of course they use deodrants,soap,water and perfume! You can't judge a whole population of people by two or three people! Maybe you should just kindly buy them a deodrant and pretend its present for something! Maybe they might get the hint?? just a suggestion!

“young petros”

#368 Sep 8, 2008
cpt Appiah wrote:
Ethiopian people starving
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =hLagltqBRxYXX&feature=rel ated
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
And even the camels are starving to death
P.S: Petros you pissed me off and continue harrasing me and I will continue posting the pictures from your country
Look Stephen Appiah, I've got nothing against West Africans and I didn't say anything inauspicious about your country but yet you try to demean ethiopians and East Africa. I could go on and on about the child slavery issues and the child labor problems in West Africa. My father was in Ghana for the Africans Nations Cup this past January, and he couldn't believe how dirty Accra, your capital city was. He said the sanitation all over the city has got to be the worst hes ever seen. That is saying something b/c my father has traveled throughout the world including many countries in Africa.
cpt Appiah

United States

#369 Sep 8, 2008
<quoted text>
Look Stephen Appiah, I've got nothing against West Africans and I didn't say anything inauspicious about your country but yet you try to demean ethiopians and East Africa. I could go on and on about the child slavery issues and the child labor problems in West Africa. My father was in Ghana for the Africans Nations Cup this past January, and he couldn't believe how dirty Accra, your capital city was. He said the sanitation all over the city has got to be the worst hes ever seen. That is saying something b/c my father has traveled throughout the world including many countries in Africa.
Ghana is working its way up and I apologise if I offended you it was not my intentions you told me about a voodoo culture which is not within my ethnicity and I was very much offended so I apologize for that

“young petros”

#370 Sep 8, 2008
cpt Appiah wrote:
<quoted text>
Ghana is working its way up and I apologise if I offended you it was not my intentions you told me about a voodoo culture which is not within my ethnicity and I was very much offended so I apologize for that
Its all good and I know Ghana is doing well economically than most other Africans. They just found some oil too so I hope the best for Ghanaians.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min woodtick57 1,207,738
Why do I attract so many light skin/mixed black... 9 min Curious 3
Massive blaze burning Europe to the ground... e... 10 min Labor 6
40 Kids, 20 mothers.... WM 15 min coretta 4
Poll Are mexicans and native americans the same? (Nov '07) 16 min Labor 297
A Bunch of Happy Black Women with Smiles on the... 16 min lol 25
Poll Are you a Christian? 16 min NotSoDivineMsM 18
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 17 min slavecoast 112,728
Are white women attracted to black men? (Aug '06) 1 hr NotSoDivineMsM 122,878
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 2 hr Ingwe Temujin 32,065