My successful brothas don't date blac...

“YOUPI”

Level 3

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#2788 Sep 7, 2012
Grow the Fck up, stop complaining and date outside. A 41 year old man still hurt by the stupid bw he found when he was younger? Really?
David B

Jersey City, NJ

#2789 Sep 7, 2012
sweetgirl101 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you "colorblind" brothas see nothing BUT color, and STEROTYPE your own women so much?
Sweetheart,what's wrong with me wanting to date outside my race? I've been mistreated by women of my own race so I have no choice but to date outside my race. It seems to me you have a problem with bm like myself being with ww & lw because bw dont know how to treat bm with respect & that's too bad if you dont like. I'm a groan ass man at age 41 & I could date whoever the f--K I please.
James Lang

Latham, NY

#2790 Sep 7, 2012
David B wrote:
<quoted text>
Sweetheart,what's wrong with me wanting to date outside my race? I've been mistreated by women of my own race so I have no choice but to date outside my race. It seems to me you have a problem with bm like myself being with ww & lw because bw dont know how to treat bm with respect & that's too bad if you dont like. I'm a groan ass man at age 41 & I could date whoever the f--K I please.
LoL I hear what you are saying but please check your word usage it's "grown" not "groan" groan is a sound you make when you fall down or hurt your toe lol
Cal

Toledo, OH

#2791 Sep 7, 2012
One of the most successful "brothas" in the world is married to a black woman so I really don't understand this dumb azz thread! BW stop whining and take care of us like God put you here to do and you wouldnt have to worry about who we date! We have and will always chose you first! Trust!
David B

Jersey City, NJ

#2792 Sep 7, 2012
James Lang wrote:
<quoted text>
LoL I hear what you are saying but please check your word usage it's "grown" not "groan" groan is a sound you make when you fall down or hurt your toe lol
Thank James for telling me! I spelled grown wrong. I really meant to put grown not groan but thanks anyway. Now I know to use the correct word.

Level 6

Since: May 07

San Jose, CA

#2793 Sep 7, 2012
You guys really need to stop complaining so much about a few black women you have had bad encounters with in your past. We all experience bad and good people even the ones we date. This is what you call life men. You live and you learn but to hold a whole race accountable for what a few have done to you seems a bit immature. You guys need to stop holding onto the past and look towards your future. All black women are not like this and all black men are not like that. I judge people individually not by skin color. Have a good day.

“Agree to disagree”

Level 1

Location hidden

#2794 Sep 7, 2012
I am a master student in management and my bf studies law. He's biracial, hence light skin and no one ever told him he was "feminine".
Come on, have higher dating standards instead of complaining like a teen, you're supposed to be a man now.
Level 1

Since: Sep 11

Chattanooga, TN

#2795 Sep 7, 2012
David B wrote:
<quoted text>
Sweetie,I only know most bw on this earth if not all. I've been hurt & mistreated by them so I make a choice to date outside my race. Look,what I'm trying to say is the ones I've been are good & bad. I dont want with bw at least for now
So you're telling me that you're just going to stop dating bw for a while because some of your relationships didn't work out? This is life where every/anything does not last forever. All relationships aren't good whether they are black on black love, white on white love, black and white love, and black on hispanic love. Doesn't matter what race/ethnicity you date, there is no real prediction or gaurentee that all of your relationships will work. So you've had a few bad relationships with bw, so what? Everybody in life is going to go through bad break ups and relationships. You don't see/hear bw saying, "Girl, me and my man just broke up. And girl, let me tell you it was so bad that this dude just had me thinking bout dating a white dude now. Because he actually treats me with respect, has a good, decent job, hardworking and he ain't even married or has any kids." I mean bw don't give on bm like bm give up on bw. Most bw date and will mainly prefer their bm because they don't think no other can love them like their king can. If you want to use that excuse to date non-black women and choose to think or believe that we are all the same, by all means, go ahead. This is your life, you said you're 41, so you're obviously more wise, older, and experienced, so you've probably been through some things. I know you said that you don't want anything to do with bw at least for now, but I just hope that you atleast know that we are all different in our own ways(bw) just bm. I'm 100% sure that you wouldn't me on here saying the things you've stated about bw being said about bm and all of the stereotypes/generalizations put apon bm.
Anonymous

Midland, MI

#2796 Sep 7, 2012
Jamila..u getting a masters although honorable doesnt make u a high standard pick...dont believe your own hype...why should i complain i have a black woman..bringing your man into this was to accomplish what...if u or your man was fit or into the gym then u would of known that is a stereotype many lightskinned men are branded with...not based on mannerism but looks....u feel me..

“Agree to disagree”

Level 1

Location hidden

#2798 Sep 8, 2012
cdmurch wrote:
Jamila..u getting a masters although honorable doesnt make u a high standard pick...dont believe your own hype...why should i complain i have a black woman..bringing your man into this was to accomplish what...if u or your man was fit or into the gym then u would of known that is a stereotype many lightskinned men are branded with...not based on mannerism but looks....u feel me..
We all have our own dating standards.
I was looking for an educated,ambitious,good looking, fit, respectful and family oriented man. Thanks to God, I found Mr Right not a pretentious and arrogant kid. I am more than happy.

Your requirements are not mine.
Anonymous

Milford, MI

#2800 Sep 8, 2012
My point exactly..so u sayin i ought to up my standards was just a waste of your time thinkin and typing...see where u r tryin to be...me and my lady are already there..god had blessed u and i have been highly favored..
3xMac

Farmington, MI

#2801 Sep 8, 2012
Very, very few educated men run after hootchies. Maybe on a business trip away from home but even then that's just to fill a temporary physical 'need'. That's not who they really are.
KayMo wrote:
Some good black women are rejected by black men who want to run after hoochies in hot pants too, so it goes both ways.

“YOUPI”

Level 3

Location hidden

#2802 Sep 8, 2012
I am not colorblind, I'm only attracted to light skinned men but the guy who is complaining is a little kid who still cannot get over some bad experiences at 41... No one wanna be with a light or dark skinned man who acts like a heartbroken child. That's just a MASSIVE turn off.
Be happy with your Asian or White woman, you look desperate.
casystrong

United States

#2805 Sep 9, 2012
darkonesun wrote:
You don't know how true this is bruh. I am going through this scenario RIGHT NOW as we speak. I am in school. I have my own apartment, car is paid for, and all of the black woman I see around me have got OOW babies--by both black and non-black men--they are galavanting with thugs, they are getting screwed by both thugs and non-black guys, and here I am, an honest dude, totally by my damn self bruh. I ain't got shit to choose from when it comes to black women. It's sad. Even the black women that have something going for themselves choose BUMS.
These women can say you are full of it all they want, but deep down inside, they KNOW you are telling the truth; and many of them are GUILTY of the stuff you speak of.
I am handsome too; that is the weird thing about it. I am not a reject at all. Everything you say, I am EXPERIENCING. I only have a damn year of school left; and when I make it bruh, if I don't find me a sister by then, their asses are history to me bruh. It makes no sense for a damn good black man to have to be alone for trying to walk the straight and narrow path. WE should be the type of black men black women are AFTER. Nah, we are nothing but caveats of last resort. These women must be freaking crazy.
I live in Oakland, CA. I must admit too, the things that I see, bother the living shit out of me; because it seems like many black women are just stuck on damn stupid. It angers me that when a black man takes the damn high road, everybody wants to try to make his ass fail. For all the shit that many black women say about good black man this, and good black man that, none of their asses really want one; until it is too damn late for their asses.
I have had older women come on to me, and I don't want that. Women with kids, they are all nice...NOW. I don't want NONE of these used up women. I am still CLEAN, no mileage at all; and I will be damned if I let one of these hoes ruin my life.
Everything you said was on point; and I was thinking about this very subject when you wrote about. I am a Computer Science Major, and this coming up semester, I am going to Calculus III. It's a damn shame that a black woman can't even get my while I am on my ascent upward.
The ones who do try, have already ruined themselves, an they are no good for a good black man.
Many black women think that they can do whatever the hell they want and then come back to black men in any type of condition; and they got it WRONG. They think so little of us, that they don't even SAVE themselves for the best of us; because they feel like we don't DESERVE a good black woman. All the ones that are good, think that they are too damn good for a regular black man.
. Before you start making generalizations about black women, get yourself out of the ghetto first, please. Oakland is a HOOD like Compton so what do you expect? I'm pretty sure for every baby mama there's a dead beat thug black man in the hood where YOU live. I'm an educated suburban raised black woman that had NEVER been into hood black men nor do I hang out with ghetto people. Not stuck up, its just not my style.
casystrong

United States

#2806 Sep 9, 2012
David B wrote:
<quoted text>
. Date whoever you want but STOP blaming the 25-30 MILLION black women that live in this country for YOUR CHOICE. So you had a few bad encounters, most black women have had similar encounters with rude, disrespectful black men and I assure you most men of other races have been rejected by people in their own ethnic group as well. I just get tired of the stupid stereotyping from people with a very LIMITED view on life and their own biases.
Charlie CHASE

Latham, NY

#2807 Sep 9, 2012
casystrong wrote:
<quoted text>. Date whoever you want but STOP blaming the 25-30 MILLION black women that live in this country for YOUR CHOICE. So you had a few bad encounters, most black women have had similar encounters with rude, disrespectful black men and I assure you most men of other races have been rejected by people in their own ethnic group as well. I just get tired of the stupid stereotyping from people with a very LIMITED view on life and their own biases.
Good response Well balanced and fair.
Im just saying

Atlanta, GA

#2809 Sep 18, 2012
ITS GOOD MEN AND WOMEN IN EVERY RACE!!! YOU ARE NOT LOOKING HARD ENOUGH OR IN THE RIGHT PLACES. ITS THAT SIMPLE!! LOL LOL (TAKES THE AWARD)....THANK YOU ;)
I HAVE A BLK GIRL AND IM BLK...IM 26 HAVE A BA DEGREE IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION...JOB, OWN HOUSE AND 2 TRUCKS...O AND I ONLY DATE BLK WOMEN SIMPLY CUZ DAS ALL I SEE AND HAVE BEEN AROUND (BLTIMORE, MD). AND IVE CAME ACROSS EVERY TYPE OF BLACK WOMAN! I WOULD LOVE TO DATE DIFFERENT RACES BUT MY GIRL WONT LIKE THAT TOO MUCH.I JUST HATE PEOPLE WHO LIE TO THEMSELF! PEOPLE ALWAYS WANT WHAT THEY CANT HAVE, WHAT THEY KNOW THEY SHOULDNT. THEY TRY TO MAKE IT FIT OR BE SOMETHING ELSE. I BELIEVE YOU ALL HAD THE CHANCE TO FIND THAT BLACK MAN/BLACK WOMAN BUT BECAUSE YOU WAS LOOKING AT SOMETHING ELSE...YOU LET IT GET AWAY OR DIDNT NOTICE IT IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!!--IM JUST SAYING
Level 1

Since: Sep 11

Chattanooga, TN

#2810 Sep 18, 2012
Im just saying wrote:
ITS GOOD MEN AND WOMEN IN EVERY RACE!!! YOU ARE NOT LOOKING HARD ENOUGH OR IN THE RIGHT PLACES. ITS THAT SIMPLE!! LOL LOL (TAKES THE AWARD)....THANK YOU ;)
I HAVE A BLK GIRL AND IM BLK...IM 26 HAVE A BA DEGREE IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION...JOB, OWN HOUSE AND 2 TRUCKS...O AND I ONLY DATE BLK WOMEN SIMPLY CUZ DAS ALL I SEE AND HAVE BEEN AROUND (BLTIMORE, MD). AND IVE CAME ACROSS EVERY TYPE OF BLACK WOMAN! I WOULD LOVE TO DATE DIFFERENT RACES BUT MY GIRL WONT LIKE THAT TOO MUCH.I JUST HATE PEOPLE WHO LIE TO THEMSELF! PEOPLE ALWAYS WANT WHAT THEY CANT HAVE, WHAT THEY KNOW THEY SHOULDNT. THEY TRY TO MAKE IT FIT OR BE SOMETHING ELSE. I BELIEVE YOU ALL HAD THE CHANCE TO FIND THAT BLACK MAN/BLACK WOMAN BUT BECAUSE YOU WAS LOOKING AT SOMETHING ELSE...YOU LET IT GET AWAY OR DIDNT NOTICE IT IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!!--IM JUST SAYING
Are you saying you want to date out but you can't because your girl will a certain way if she found out? What is it that made or makes you want date out?
Im just saying

Atlanta, GA

#2811 Sep 19, 2012
Just to have the experience. ;) I'm pretty happy with my girl now and don't want to mess that up. We just had our first child. I actually met a black girl from TN where you are when I was in GA. She talked like she was white. Was real nice but a lil immature. I was suppose to go back visit her but i didn't.... ;(
sweetgirl101

Memphis, TN

#2812 Sep 19, 2012
Im just saying wrote:
Just to have the experience. ;) I'm pretty happy with my girl now and don't want to mess that up. We just had our first child. I actually met a black girl from TN where you are when I was in GA. She talked like she was white. Was real nice but a lil immature. I was suppose to go back visit her but i didn't.... ;(
ok. What does this mean? Are you in an interracial relationship?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do white women throw themselves at black men? (May '15) 5 min luvher 162
What music are you listening to right now? (Sep '08) 5 min FABULICIOUS 35,226
News Hillary Clinton Charges Racism 11 min davy 606
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 32 min the deplorable Jo... 1,431,409
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 33 min Moses 48,732
Poll Are Black people really the DEVIL? (Nov '09) 58 min Fresh 212
Are White People Aliens From Outer Space? (Jan '16) 1 hr Drilling for the ... 6
This is why no one takes afrocentrics seriously 2 hr dcool 478
More from around the web