****Afrocentrism Final Destruction Thread****

Posted in the African-American Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
THX Chief Slave Whipper

Hayden, ID

#4 Mar 21, 2013
Negro-centrism is crumbling as we speak, my friend. I have 2 significant examples of the Human 87% simply having had enough, and I will post those this weekend.

They are very much along the lines of this, only bigger...

http://www.topix.com/forum/afam/TICUV7HPQOSLD...

The pendulum always swings back. The natural order of things will not be denied. Things are moving much faster now than I thought they would when we reached this point.

Level 4

Since: May 12

Philadelphia, PA

#8 Mar 21, 2013
Nyarlathotep

Redding, CA

#9 Mar 21, 2013
Will you post entries debunking their crazier beliefs? Like the Black Olmecs, Vikings, the Celts, and the Chinese they sometimes try to claim?

Level 6

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#13 Mar 21, 2013
This thread is one great big white lying pipen hot in 110 degree weather dead in the sun bowl of shitt!!!

Level 4

Philadelphia, PA

#14 Mar 21, 2013
i like how the euroclown ignored my link.
alan

Voorhees, NJ

#16 Mar 21, 2013
i'm inventing a form of black nationalism which involves blacks intermixing with Asians to gain higher intelligence.. than the white man...

don't mix with whites because whiter black people still end up in jails more often than Asian blacks..

Asian blacks go to jail probably less than whites..

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#17 Mar 21, 2013
alan wrote:
i'm inventing a form of black nationalism which involves blacks intermixing with Asians to gain higher intelligence.. than the white man...
Ok, cool - look! It's Russell Simmon's account.
Chuck

Chicago, IL

#20 Mar 22, 2013
Ancient Egyptian wrote:
Herodotus on North Africa.
He describes the caucasians who reside there.:)
Herodotus Book IV.42-4
----
Since you are quoting Herodotus, make sure you follow Herodotus description of their Ancient Egyptians.

The facts are these: Herodotus, a Greek writer in the 5th century B.C. claims that "the people of Colchis must be Egyptians because like them they are black-skinned and wooly-haired." (History, Book II.) The interesting thing about what Herodotus wrote is that had he believed the Egyptians to be any other color than black like other Africans he could have chosen other Greek words than the one he chose. His word is melaschroes, black-skinned. If Herodotus thought the Egyptians were white he would have used leucochroes. Had they been simply brown, like so many African Americans, he may have used phrenychroes, but he chose the word melaschroes. This word comes from the same root as Melanesia, the black island, or melanite, a black garnet. The ancient Greek use of "melas" was precise. Egypt is in Africa. Why shouldn't the ancient Egyptians be anything other than black?
Steely Dan

Washington, DC

#21 Mar 22, 2013
[QUOTE who="Chuck If Herodotus thought the Egyptians were white he would have used leucochroes. Had they been simply brown, like so many African Americans, he may have used phrenychroes, but he chose the word melaschroes. This word comes from the same root as Melanesia, the black island, or melanite, a black garnet. The ancient Greek use of "melas" was precise. Egypt is in Africa. Why shouldn't the ancient Egyptians be anything other than black?
[/QUOTE]

That's simplistic thinking dude. Israel is in Asia, Iran is in Asia. Do the people in those countries look the same like the Chinese?

Egypt is the northnmost part of Africa which borders Palestine and the Mediterranean

Here is how the ancients described the Egyptians;
"Egyptians resembled Northern Indians
There are cases of Greco-Roman authors likening Egyptians’ appearance to that of northern Indians, who generally do not look like black Africans. According to Arrian (Indica 6.9):

The appearance of the inhabitants is also not very different in India and Ethiopia: the southern Indians are rather more like Ethiopians as they are black to look on, and their hair is black; only they are not so snub-nosed or woolly-haired as the Ethiopians; the northern Indians are most like the Egyptians physically.

Strabo confirms in Geography 15.1.13, in almost identical wording:

As for the people of India, those in the south are like the Aethiopians in color, although they are like the rest in respect to countenance and hair (for on account of the humidity of the air their hair does not curl), whereas those in the north are like the Egyptians.
Arrian and Strabo concur that the Egyptians resembled northern Indians – who are usually straight-haired and occasionally as light-skinned as southern Europeans – rather than the dark Dravidian types of southern India."
- Strabo, Geography 15.1.13

Clearrly they imply that Egyptians are distinct from Ethiopians with their dark skin and hair color, and looked similar to Northern Indians. So there you have it.
Chuck

Chicago, IL

#22 Mar 22, 2013
Steely Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
That's simplistic thinking dude. Israel is in Asia, Iran is in Asia. Do the people in those countries look the same like the Chinese?
Egypt is the northnmost part of Africa which borders Palestine and the Mediterranean
Here is how the ancients described the Egyptians;
"Egyptians resembled Northern Indians
There are cases of Greco-Roman authors likening Egyptians’ appearance to that of northern Indians, who generally do not look like black Africans. According to Arrian (Indica 6.9):
The appearance of the inhabitants is also not very different in India and Ethiopia: the southern Indians are rather more like Ethiopians as they are black to look on, and their hair is black; only they are not so snub-nosed or woolly-haired as the Ethiopians; the northern Indians are most like the Egyptians physically.
Strabo confirms in Geography 15.1.13, in almost identical wording:
As for the people of India, those in the south are like the Aethiopians in color, although they are like the rest in respect to countenance and hair (for on account of the humidity of the air their hair does not curl), whereas those in the north are like the Egyptians.
Arrian and Strabo concur that the Egyptians resembled northern Indians – who are usually straight-haired and occasionally as light-skinned as southern Europeans – rather than the dark Dravidian types of southern India."
- Strabo, Geography 15.1.13
Clearrly they imply that Egyptians are distinct from Ethiopians with their dark skin and hair color, and looked similar to Northern Indians. So there you have it.
Ancient scholars, DNA, culture, AE busts and hieroglyphs say other wise. AE didn't look like North indians nor did they have similar DNA.

It is interesting to note that the ancient Greeks knew much more about the cultural and racial identity of Ancient Egyptians than modern European historians, long before the coming of the Romans, Turks and Arabs. The primary aim of these modern Eurocentric scholars (modern Arab historians included) is to completely expunge black Africans from the "map of human geography" and world history. The ideological position has been, and still is, that nothing came out of Africa but powerless, defenceless, uncivilised, barbaric and primitive peoples and ideas.

If so, why did the great Greek philosophers cross the seas and deserts to study in Africa? Aristotle, one of the greatest of Greek philosophers, wrote in Physiognomonica that "the Ethiopians and Egyptians are very black". Herodotus (also a Greek historian) adds that the ancient Egyptians had "black skin and wooly hair". Why then is ancient Egyptian racial identity critical
to Africa's self appraisal?

What they said in ancient times:

-Herodotus said Egyptians had black skin and woolly --hair, which is how he said the Ethiopians looked too.-Aristotle called both the Ethiopians and Egyptians black. The Bible calls both the Ethiopians and Egyptians sons of Ham.

There you have it...

“Africa”

Level 7

Since: Jan 12

Oakland

#24 Mar 22, 2013
Ancient Egyptian wrote:
This passage from Herodotus speaks volumes. The eurasian berbers had to scare off the troglodyte ETHIOPIANS(Black Africans)with chariots lol
The Garamantians have four-horse chariots, in which they chase the Troglodyte Ethiopians, who of all the nations whereof any account has reached our ears are by far the swiftest of foot. The Troglodytes feed on serpents, lizards, and other similar reptiles. Their language is unlike that of any other people; it sounds like the screeching of bats.
If by "eurasian" berbers you're referring to Garamantes, then that's not quite accurate, as they were not eurasian but indigenous Black African.
Menelik IV

Washington, DC

#25 Mar 22, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ancient scholars, DNA, culture, AE busts and hieroglyphs say other wise. AE didn't look like North indians nor did they have similar DNA.
It is interesting to note that the ancient Greeks knew much more about the cultural and racial identity of Ancient Egyptians than modern European historians, long before the coming of the Romans, Turks and Arabs. The primary aim of these modern Eurocentric scholars (modern Arab historians included) is to completely expunge black Africans from the "map of human geography" and world history. The ideological position has been, and still is, that nothing came out of Africa but powerless, defenceless, uncivilised, barbaric and primitive peoples and ideas.
If so, why did the great Greek philosophers cross the seas and deserts to study in Africa? Aristotle, one of the greatest of Greek philosophers, wrote in Physiognomonica that "the Ethiopians and Egyptians are very black". Herodotus (also a Greek historian) adds that the ancient Egyptians had "black skin and wooly hair". Why then is ancient Egyptian racial identity critical
to Africa's self appraisal?
What they said in ancient times:
-Herodotus said Egyptians had black skin and woolly --hair, which is how he said the Ethiopians looked too.-Aristotle called both the Ethiopians and Egyptians black. The Bible calls both the Ethiopians and Egyptians sons of Ham.
There you have it...
You can not simply dismiss what Greek and Roman sources said about the Egyptians looking like Northern Indians. You need to explain it. And I didn't say they had similar DNA.

I am not here to argue that nothing came out of Africa etc. Africa has seen the rise of a number of advanced kingdoms. I am only adressing the appearance of the Ancient Egyptians.

According to the Bible the people in Crete and the Canaanites were descendants of Ham. The Bible's purpose is to impart spiritual understanding, not historical truth. No serious person in academia would use the Bible as an authoritve narrative of history.

Level 4

Philadelphia, PA

#26 Mar 22, 2013
Ancient Egyptian wrote:
<quoted text>
Your link is from DNAtribes, boy lol It's been in question ever since they posted their bogus "findings"
Got to my link, boy
Learn
dnatribes was done by scientist in a lab and you sound like that barros guy.
Slave Master THX

Hayden, ID

#27 Mar 22, 2013
I was going to post this latest example of progress in the pro-Human Movement over the weekend, but there's no time like the present :-)

http://www.topix.com/forum/afam/THGNSJDDM0G4L...

“Africa”

Level 7

Oakland

#49 Mar 22, 2013
Ancient Egyptian wrote:
<quoted text>
According to Herodotus, the Egyptians civilized the Nubians in upper Egypt. That is only a few tribes of the Nubians whom had contact with Egyptians. As you will read my other passages from historical texts you will see that most of the "Troglodytes" as deascribed were not civilized.
Egyptians are a unique race of men sir, they're not Black Africans nor is the whole continent black, sir.
You have been brainwashed by Afrocentrist to believe this nonsense.
sub-Saharan Africans were a tribal people, sir, much like the Amerindians and Aboriginals in Australia.
Sub Saharan Africans were no more a tribal people than Europeans and Asians. Some with simple polities to the more advanced ones.
Ancient Egyptian wrote:
This does not take away your history at all nor is it racist to correct you. The problem lies as we have no sources of your history, as there was no written language
There are plenty of sources for African history. What are you talking about?
Ancient Egyptian wrote:
, nor do we have any major artifacts in Africa that is not influenced by the Arab, the Egyptian/Amazigh or the European.
What a goof.

So you're trying to tell the Nok Terracotta artifacts were not indigenous design? Ashanti textiles? Not to mention all of the various arts, pottery, jewelry, bronze works? You know that Nubia had more advanced and elaborate pottery works than Egypt, right? As well as some of the oldest ceramic technology in the world?

You see, that's the problem with some of you anti-afrocentrists. You're so adamant about discrediting afrocentrism you end up venturing into eurocentrism in order to counter it.

"Oh, well, you guys only achieved stuff because of outside influences"

As though Greece, Rome, Persia, and Arabia were all completely independent creations.

These are the same people who, themselves, were influenced by various other groups of people.

Level 3

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#52 Mar 22, 2013
Ancient Egyptian wrote:
<quoted text>
According to Herodotus, the Egyptians civilized the Nubians in upper Egypt. That is only a few tribes of the Nubians whom had contact with Egyptians. As you will read my other passages from historical texts you will see that most of the "Troglodytes" as deascribed were not civilized.
Egyptians are a unique race of men sir, they're not Black Africans nor is the whole continent black, sir.
You have been brainwashed by Afrocentrist to believe this nonsense.
sub-Saharan Africans were a tribal people, sir, much like the Amerindians and Aboriginals in Australia.
This does not take away your history at all nor is it racist to correct you. The problem lies as we have no sources of your history, as there was no written language, nor do we have any major artifacts in Africa that is not influenced by the Arab, the Egyptian/Amazigh or the European.
Ah, no artifacts, or anything resembling the white man; I get it...

You're not African, Black, AA, Afro-Latino, etc. Am I correct???

I have a question, and it very much relates to the discussion:

WHY DO YOU CARE WHAT AFROCENTRISTS DO?????

And another question:

WHY FIGHTING FIRE WITH FIRE?

“Africa”

Level 7

Oakland

#63 Mar 22, 2013
Ancient Egyptian wrote:
<quoted text>
Bakari, you should know the truth but your "Afro-Centered"
Studies leave out the truth.
Not the studies I've read. I would concede that I am "AfrICA Centered", but that has nothing to do with facts on the ground. Facts that you seem to be ignoring.
Ancient Egyptian wrote:
Of course Africans made artifacts but nothing worth comparing to other cultures.
I'm not sure what "other cultures" you're talking about, nor what types of artifacts. There are plenty of different types of artifacts found in Africa that are of high note. Remember that it was West African art and sculpture that inspired many Renaissance European artists, as well as American artists and even African American artists.
Ancient Egyptian wrote:
The biggest failure of the African is the lack OF BOOKS!! No scholars or historian...NO writings...Period!
No, they definitely had writings...

"Until recently, many commentators on Africa claimed that African societies had no tradition of writing. With the rediscovery of ancient manuscript collections, some dating back to the 8th century AD, this perception is changing.

Approximately 250,000 old manuscripts still survive in modern Ethiopia. Thousands of documents from the medieval Sudanese empire of Makuria, written in eight different languages were unearthed at the southern Egyptian site of Qasr Ibrim. Thousands of old manuscripts have survived in the West African cities of Chinguetti, Walata, Oudane, Kano and Agadez.

Despite the many dangers posed by fire, floods, insects and pillaging, some one million manuscripts have survived from the northern fringes of Guinea and Ghana to the shores of the Mediterranean. National Geographic estimates that 700,000 manuscripts have survived in Timbuktu alone."

http://www.understandingslavery.com/index.php...
Ancient Egyptian wrote:
Here let me repost this to maybe enlighten you..
Far in the interior was a place called Endera [right about modern Aksum], inhabited by a naked tribe [the Gymnet...
That's fascinating. Now allow me to post something:

"Early European visitors never failed to be impressed with the Benin City's grandeur and level of organization. Benin as it appears in documents of the seventeenth century the natural reflection of centralized wealth was its magnificent capital city Benin. Reports from the anonymous Dutchman D.R.(c. 1600) and David van Nyendael (some fifty years later) described Benin City as an extraordinarily extensive and flourishing city which easily matched the European metropolis of it time (Hodgkin 1960: 119-120; Ben-Amos 1995: 42ff).

The Portuguese compared it with Lisbon, the Dutch with Amsterdam or Antwerp, the Italians with Florence, and the Spaniards with Madrid (Kea 1971: 187). Its size was matched by dense habitation; houses built close to each other along long, straight streets. The royal palace, a city within the city, was also impressive, with countless squares and patios and innumerable doors and passageways, all richly decorated with the art that has made Benin famous. The city was orderly, well laid out, and sparkling clean so that the walls of the houses appeared polished (Dapper 1693: 122). The people clothes; some are dressed in white, others in yellow, others in blue or green; and the city captains are regular judges who resolve lawsuits, debates and conflicts."

http://wysinger.homestead.com/beninwarriors.h...

Level 3

Location hidden

#72 Mar 22, 2013
Ancient Egyptian wrote:
<quoted text>
You see that is where you are wrong. Ancient Egypt was not white but they are a eurasian race. I do not care to have any relation to Ancient Egypt.
But I know for a fact they're not BLACK AFRICANS ...100% sure.
The Ancient Egyptians are descendents of HOA people and spoke, wrote, and behaved just like HOA people! I don't need an afrocentrist to tell me this!!! >:(

In case you didn't know, HOA folks are AFRICANS, NOT EURASIANS.

Level 3

Location hidden

#73 Mar 22, 2013
Ancient Egyptian wrote:
<quoted text>
Go here and see the NUMEROUS CAUCASIAN FEATURES of the Ancient Egyptians. You are just blind and don't want to see the truth...The truth destroys your fantasy lol
http://mathildasanthropologyblog.wordpress.co...
... and I won't waste my time clicking any of your links until you start answering my questions...

1. what is your nationality, ethnicity, and RACE,

2. why do you attack the Afrocentrists,

3. why "fight fire with fire"

Level 3

Location hidden

#74 Mar 22, 2013
I have a fantasy, I'm blind? What? Like you know what's in my head?

Ancient Egyptians are an extinct race; their society disbanded centuries ago. So what is this all about?

P.S.- I'm a Black man. I get to ask you this stuff, and I have a right to know.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min RoxLo 1,224,540
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 6 min Hebrew Warrior 118,439
News 5 Reasons The American Dream Is Eluding Black P... 6 min xxxrayted 1,195
Why do I hate white people so much? 7 min YIM 169
Do black men really have larger penises? (Sep '10) 10 min inferiorwhiteman 972
bm and ww and am hate seeing pretty bw 11 min Bat Ugly 2
Freddie Gray's knife 11 min Have a nice day 31
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 1 hr Curious Me 33,153
Why do good looking black women like white men ... (Sep '12) 4 hr troll 6,699
More from around the web