Whats on your mind Thread.

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#17816 Nov 26, 2012
Shalimarr wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the fakeness of black women (weave, eyelashes, nails) makes us look pathetic as a group.
I think straight weave, especially on dark skinned broad featured women, make us as a group look laughable and envious of other races.
Speaking of "laughable", look up celebrity seaborn on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/results...

Being in Atlanta, I have enough weavie-wonders to last me a lifetime. The best looking women I've seen have been naturals.

Its all about taking care of yourself, and I must being getting old...lol, but being beautiful on the inside (taking hair, skin and nail vitamins/herbs, etc.) DEFINITELY makes a difference.

Location hidden

#17817 Nov 26, 2012
I really want to be a raw-foodist but I may not be ready yet, I love my chocolates and rice.:(

Location hidden

#17818 Nov 26, 2012
OMG!

Repping hard for the dark girls :)

Level 8

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#17819 Nov 26, 2012
Sassykatt wrote:
<quoted text> just the man i was looking for!!! do u have this one??!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =jvnmNLXukpIXX&feature=col ike
Holy sh!t...dude almost ain't come back, Katt...

...aw, man...that was intense.

Level 8

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#17820 Nov 26, 2012
Sassykatt wrote:
<quoted text> or this one??!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =lvfx2MFHhCQXX&feature=my_ liked_videos&list=LLYRZLYn vM-EmrWPyLFG9bMA two of the funniest n youtube!
BWUHAHAHAHAHA!!!

ROTFLMBA Off!

I thought he was getting ready to jump through the lap top screen!

Listen, do you think that its better for people who do this ought to be in a really good place mentally first before doing this?

It appears that some folk have worse trips than others, but it seems that the ones that didn't have bad trips are a lot more mentally stable already in compared to the others.

Just a theory...

“Beautiful Princess.....”

Level 6

Since: Jan 08

Los Angeles, CA.

#17821 Nov 26, 2012
vampiYAH stabB wrote:
<quoted text>LOLOL!!!! Be careful with those; its been said that they'll catch fire.
Oooooh!!!!!!

“I'm a selfish guy:)”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#17822 Nov 27, 2012
Good morning my dear peasants:)

Level 9

Since: Nov 10

#17823 Nov 27, 2012
Soul_Electronica wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I can't do either. I am not sure why I love it so much. I wish I could sing though.
The last guy I dated knew how to play 13 different instruments and the two others before him were entertainers...
Sabir Bey
Christylez Bacon
That's wonderful, he's a very gifted man. I'm sure you found that odd that most of the guys you've dated were in the same field.:)

Level 9

#17824 Nov 27, 2012
Bychance37 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm good MsNewNew and you?
Hey Bychance! I'm doing great on this cold morning in the M-town.:)

Level 9

#17825 Nov 27, 2012
Good Morning Ladies and Gentlemen! I hope you all have a wonderful day...
Ramona Flowers

New Brunswick, NJ

#17826 Nov 27, 2012
Morningggg :)

LOL@ my 3 yr old telling my 9 yr old to "BE GOOD!" in school. He was stern with it too lol.
Ramona Flowers

New Brunswick, NJ

#17827 Nov 27, 2012
Shalimarr wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the fakeness of black women (weave, eyelashes, nails) makes us look pathetic as a group.
I think straight weave, especially on dark skinned broad featured women, make us as a group look laughable and envious of other races.
I disagree. Its ALWAYS whats on the inside that makes people pathetic. It is my profession to ehance the appearance of people. It is a practice that has been around for ages and its not going away.
Ramona Flowers

New Brunswick, NJ

#17828 Nov 27, 2012
Shalimarr wrote:
I think until other races start wearing nappy weaves or nappy wigs... we as black women should boycott straight weaves/wigs.
I've not seen a black actress on tv with natural curly hair for months.
If these actresses refused to wear weave, the TV producers would have to accept black women as we really are.
But black women are too weak and insecure, so we look like the envious, dissatisfied race compared to whites and asians.
If you boycott straight weaves, you might as well boycott relaxers too. Its not gonna happen!
Also, its not a safe assumption to think that black women cant have straight hair without chemicals; or that all black women have "nappy" hair.
I see it every day.
Ramona Flowers

New Brunswick, NJ

#17829 Nov 27, 2012
Swade wrote:
<quoted text>funny, when I preach this notion I'm perceived as being self hating and brainwashed.
Your whole profile can't be fake yet expect real.
Well when this is what you find attractive :

"If I was to envision my wife, she'd look something like..

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8vvb3RTNC1 ...

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzhb0zZXre1 ...

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ma06jru5SQ1 ...

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ma931ro4yU1 ...

I could definitely wake up to that every morning."

....Ofcourse people will try and fit the bill. Im not knocking you, but what makes you think their hair and nails are real?
Ramona Flowers

New Brunswick, NJ

#17830 Nov 27, 2012
Drake Baby Formula wrote:
Yo really cant be that nieve. Its not just black chicks using weaves. Go down to spring st hair distric and white girls spanish asians all dropping mucho denero every day. Then run up to chalki to getting some mean tracks laid diwn. My girls like hey pick me up in 45 mins. Ya right see you tonight around 10pm. 2 weeks later duhhh my hair falling out i going to chalki tmrw. Thats some dumbass hobby you girls have i sorry. The weave not what getting me sprung trust me.
The only difference is that they call them "extensions"

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#17831 Nov 27, 2012
Swade wrote:
<quoted text>funny, when I preach this notion I'm perceived as being self hating and brainwashed.
Your whole profile can't be fake yet expect real.
I think gluing white/asian women's hair to our heads, when they do not glu our textured hair to their head, is the ultimate example of self hate and envy of others.
BW uplift these other women by trying to emulate them.
Why cant BW's hair be seen in public? Why must it be disguised?
Ramona Flowers

New Brunswick, NJ

#17832 Nov 27, 2012
While we are at it, lets eliminate hair dye, perms, SPANX and makeup. Might as well go across the board and eliminate all things that will change the way we look.

Every day I see more and more women who want to go natural. I encourage it and it makes me happy to be able to share my knowledge on how to care for their hair properly.
On the other hand, it takes a lot of work for some people, and they should not be judged for wanting to make their hair more manageable for them. No matter how straight their hair is, im pretty sure they realize that they are and will always be ...BLACK.

Level 9

#17833 Nov 27, 2012
Ramona Flowers wrote:
Morningggg :)
LOL@ my 3 yr old telling my 9 yr old to "BE GOOD!" in school. He was stern with it too lol.
Hey Mill! How are you doing Ms. lady?

Lol! Kids mature so fast these day. Did the 9 yr old look at him sideways?:)
Ramona Flowers

New Brunswick, NJ

#17835 Nov 27, 2012
MsNewNew wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Mill! How are you doing Ms. lady?
Lol! Kids mature so fast these day. Did the 9 yr old look at him sideways?:)
Hey girl! Nope, he just said..ok, I love you. They get along so well...but always at each others throats a the same time lol. Its the little one I have to watch out for. Hes been here before. TOOO smart

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#17836 Nov 27, 2012
Ramona Flowers wrote:
<quoted text>If you boycott straight weaves, you might as well boycott relaxers too. Its not gonna happen!
Also, its not a safe assumption to think that black women cant have straight hair without chemicals; or that all black women have "nappy" hair.
I see it every day.
you're not the sharpest knife in the draw are you?
Lol!
My Ethiopian friend with straight hair long in her back, has never worn a straight weave, so her and women like her are not the envious fakers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Foreign born blacks can & they DO function & su... 2 min Miscel 22
Djibouti ordered USA to vacate military base 2 min Dumb and Broke 5
White men are better lovers? 3 min Anonymous 496
Black ppl are attending college at higher rates... 3 min IP BAN ME NOW 22
BEN CARSON: Planned Parenthood is black genocide. 4 min It is what it is 38
How it works 4 min IP BAN ME NOW 5
Kanye West For President 2020! 5 min -The Black Foreig... 13
I hate blackwomen with a passion!! 14 min Disco inferno 105
Harris County Deputy Murdered 55 min Nikki 53
REPARATIONS: They Will Be Paid Sooner Or Later (Jan '15) 1 hr TheOriginalDoby 1,067
Egyptians in Egypt 2 hr Blind Injustice 477
More from around the web