Why do light skin and brown skin Afri...

Why do light skin and brown skin Africans think they are 100% Africans?

Posted in the African-American Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“Spirit Woman frm Dinosor'sland”

Level 1

Since: Mar 09

Victoria, Seychelles

#2 Jul 22, 2009
Speaking for myself;

I have both light and dark skin family members;
Yes we are ALL AFRICANS.

And those color coded does not exist in our world, we are not color stuck.

African is in our DNA history not our skin tones.
We live it for real, not just hope to be it.
Level 1

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#4 Jul 22, 2009
AyaAsherAya wrote:
Speaking for myself;
Yes we are ALL AFRICANS.
cosign some people will never get it,no matter how many times you repeat it.
The Truth

Suffolk, VA

#5 Jul 22, 2009
AyaAsherAya wrote:
Speaking for myself;
Yes we are ALL AFRICANS.
Then your family is mixed too. Since your family has both light and dark skin people then therefore your family has an admixture somewhere.

“Spirit Woman frm Dinosor'sland”

Level 1

Since: Mar 09

Victoria, Seychelles

#6 Jul 22, 2009
The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Then your family is mixed too. Since your family has both light and dark skin people then therefore your family has an admixture somewhere.
Not all light skinnned are mixed,
There's no definition anywhere which says African should be DARK only.
istherehope4

Baton Rouge, LA

#7 Jul 22, 2009
another white troll stfu and stop telling people who they are. You are not one of them so stfu. Just another white person trying to take credit for the beauty they see in anothers race. It was the white in them that made them look good to me.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#9 Jul 22, 2009
AyaAsherAya wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all light skinnned are mixed,
There's no definition anywhere which says African should be DARK only.
C/S some people are thickheaded.

“Engaged :)”

Since: Aug 07

Southall, UK

#10 Jul 22, 2009
Take igbo's off that list, cos they don't have any european blood or nothing.

“Engaged :)”

Since: Aug 07

Southall, UK

#11 Jul 22, 2009
AFRICA IS DIVERSE!!!

not every african is bantu! bloody hell!
AfroStoryTeller

Swansea, UK

#12 Jul 22, 2009
Whateva19 wrote:
<quoted text>
Delete igbo's off that list.
LOL!! Nne ndi ala ka here

Location hidden

#13 Jul 22, 2009
AfroStoryTeller wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!! Nne ndi ala ka here
Abi ooh, they fill up this site

Location hidden

#14 Jul 22, 2009
EastLDNgyal wrote:
Take igbo's off that list, cos they don't have any european blood or nothing.
Thank you.
lola

Chestnut Hill, MA

#16 Jul 23, 2009
I mean not one has a drop of white blood in them, typo.

“Keep your identity a secret”

Level 1

Since: Dec 07

ON TOPIX

#18 Jul 23, 2009
chickfromkenya wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not really darkskinnend, but stil I'm not mixed and 100% african. BTW are italians and portugese not 100% European?
People must remember that Africans traveled the seas, and whereever men go, they spread seed. Some, not all Sicilians definitely had some African seed implanted in them at some point.

I don't know why people find it strange when people have sex with each other and produce kids, it's natural.
Diamonds Baby

AOL

#20 Aug 2, 2009
Also adding that many people ALL over the world from South Asians to SouthEast Asians to Pacific Islanders to Native Americans to Australian Aboringes ALL have complexions ranging from Light brown to Dark brown. In South Asia, the Pacific Islands and Australia there are many black skin persons that naturally and without any recent African DNA.(The first humans resembled yellow brown Khosians) And many Australian Aboringes and Pacific Islanders have blonde hair ranging from wavy to kinky. In Japan there are the Ancient Aniu peoples whom look NO different than Indo-European Caucasians. There are many Africans with blue or green eyes due to their OWN mutations within their genetic make-up.

These are just examples of human adaptation to their environment through the course of history. And that there are NO races or sub-races of which "man" can be divided into, based on so-called color nor "facial features" or even hair type.
chinyere

Maynard, MA

#21 Aug 2, 2009
sorry "the truth" nobody is mixed in africa to a extent in africa, africans are not like the AA community where majority has some mix in them at one point of time in their family history. You never been there, stop equating skin color with being full black or not. I'm brown shaded black african women and have no white ancestors, so your statements are flawed with a bunch of nonsence.
Diamonds Baby

AOL

#22 Aug 2, 2009
chinyere wrote:
sorry "the truth" nobody is mixed in africa to a extent in africa, africans are not like the AA community where majority has some mix in them at one point of time in their family history. You never been there, stop equating skin color with being full black or not. I'm brown shaded black african women and have no white ancestors, so your statements are flawed with a bunch of nonsence.
Exactly. I'm not African (My parents are Caribbeans), but I have a great admiration for African cultures and civilizations. And anyone that has intensly studied DNA and diverse human populations know these facts about Africans also.
girle

Roanoke, VA

#23 Aug 2, 2009
Well i'm not mixed, nor am I african, I'm african american. The only white people in my family are the two or three that married in, so that doesn't count. And I am really light, like this: http://blog.treasuredlocks.com/wp-content/upl...

(but that's not me). So yeah, think I proved my point

YourMomsPole

“YourDadsHole”

Since: Apr 09

Caribbean

#24 Aug 3, 2009
chickfromkenya wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not really darkskinnend, but stil I'm not mixed and 100% african. BTW are italians and portugese not 100% European?
I see you've recognized this double standard..
QTpie

United States

#26 Aug 3, 2009
Most Americans are mixed. The one drop rule prevented blacks from embracing their other heritage and if your blood line traces back to some slave master who wants to claim that? So now AA come in all different shades and most of us consider ourselves 100% black.
alberta atieno

Nairobi, Kenya

#27 Aug 6, 2009
some people just don't get it.....we are all Africans. European, Asian, or Amerindian. this racial stereotyping is exhausting. my aunt has Grey eyes, my cousins eyes are a pale almond, another cousins eyes are violet...that's the beauty of black. put all the colors together and black is what you get.I am from Kenya, no mixed "race" blood flows in my veins or my extended family's...all these traits are African originally. all others who identify with other races just look like us. we do not look like them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How Many People on Topix Do you Think Are Loser... 4 min Truth Hurts 1
Why is the media pushing interracial relationsh... (Sep '14) 4 min Spotted Girl 371
Trump is NOT being Audited !!!! 5 min Hillary 2016 1
Trump LAMBASTED by Big Business 7 min haywood jablomi 8
Urbanwear 7 min Guest 3
Do you understand 9 min Truth Hurts 20
Africans discovered the AMERICA before Columbus! (Jan '12) 9 min Don Barros Serrano 7,947
News African-Americans should start voting for Repub... 12 min frigginhell 287
News Donald Trump Is Unfit to Lead 13 min Tom Clancey 91
I need proof that the Ancient Egyptians Were No... (Oct '07) 53 min Siege knight 32,656
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 58 min dreamhunk 46,434
5 stabbed @ white nationalist trump rally 2 hr Oh No You Di-nt 85
More from around the web