Waitress FIRED over Black who REFUSED to TIP!

Posted in the African-American Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
EBT Blackman

Jersey City, NJ

#1 Feb 1, 2013
It wasn't enough to stiff her on a tip-- why not get her fired as well? Anything to justify the typical, black 0% tip.
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/01/st-lo...
EBT Blackman

Jersey City, NJ

#2 Feb 1, 2013
Hahahaha... Check out the COMMENTS!

"While many have pointed out that in general, blacks are horrible tippers, I must note that they are equal opportunity horrible tippers. No matter if the server/bartender is white or black, male or female, they’re leaving less than 5%. It’s a means of psychologically obtaining soft reparations, like when they walk slowly across busy intersections on green lights to make drivers angry who are in a hurry to get somewhere."
THX Still Whippin

Cottage Grove, OR

#3 Feb 1, 2013
EBT Blackman wrote:
"While many have pointed out that in general, blacks are horrible tippers, I must note that they are equal opportunity horrible tippers. No matter if the server/bartender is white or black, male or female, they’re leaving less than 5%. It’s a means of psychologically obtaining soft reparations, like when they walk slowly across busy intersections on green lights to make drivers angry who are in a hurry to get somewhere."
The comments that follow these stories of Negro monkeyshines provide a true insight into what average Americans truly feel about our slave-descended Negroes.

“The sun also rises”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

someplace

#4 Feb 1, 2013
EBT Blackman wrote:
What a coincidence a family member works at a well know restaurant chain says her worse tippers are white males between 20-35
EBT Blackman

Jersey City, NJ

#5 Feb 1, 2013
THX Still Whippin wrote:
<quoted text>
The comments that follow these stories of Negro monkeyshines provide a true insight into what average Americans truly feel about our slave-descended Negroes.
You should have seen the vitriol on the "Pastor's" web page before it was taken down! Not a dull comment there!

Can you guess the race of THIS poster?:
"Why leave a tip at all? If the waiter doesn’t like their wages, then let them go work somewhere else. I make it a point to never leave a tip."
EBT Blackman

Jersey City, NJ

#6 Feb 1, 2013
iamcuriousnow wrote:
<quoted text>
What a coincidence a family member works at a well know restaurant chain says her worse tippers are white males between 20-35
As if ANYONE in your family works, Bojangles!
THX Still Whippin

Cottage Grove, OR

#7 Feb 1, 2013
EBT Blackman wrote:
<quoted text>
You should have seen the vitriol on the "Pastor's" web page before it was taken down! Not a dull comment there!
Can you guess the race of THIS poster?:
"Why leave a tip at all? If the waiter doesn’t like their wages, then let them go work somewhere else. I make it a point to never leave a tip."
Shit, I wish I would have seen that!
caveman strangler

Elizabeth, NJ

#8 Feb 1, 2013
The sun hates cavers
EBT Blackman

Jersey City, NJ

#9 Feb 1, 2013
THX Still Whippin wrote:
<quoted text>
Shit, I wish I would have seen that!
I've never seen so many "F-bombs" on a comment page. They HAD to take it down...
BBrainy

Cuyahoga Falls, OH

#10 Feb 1, 2013
EBT Blackman wrote:
It wasn't enough to stiff her on a tip-- why not get her fired as well? Anything to justify the typical, black 0% tip.
Can anyone read on this thread? The article that even though the pastor left her a smart note that she did leave the waitress a tip. My husband and I great tippers sometimes up to 25 to 30%. But in case the service was downright bad or the wait staff rude then I feel that I have the right to reserve my tip or decide what amount of tip I will leave them.
EBT Blackman

Jersey City, NJ

#11 Feb 1, 2013
BBrainy wrote:
<quoted text>
Can anyone read on this thread? The article that even though the pastor left her a smart note that she did leave the waitress a tip.
She didn't leave jack sh!t.

"I’m sorry you want to jump right to racism but there actually was a study done by Cornell that proved this. Some 60% of black people don’t tip period. Around 25% left less than 10% of the bill. The best part of the study was it had nothing to do with their income bracket. Rich, middle class, poor, it didn’t matter. The numbers were the same."
Dehydrated Trayvon

Cottage Grove, OR

#12 Feb 1, 2013
BBrainy wrote:
<quoted text>
Can anyone read on this thread? The article that even though the pastor left her a smart note that she did leave the waitress a tip. My husband and I great tippers sometimes up to 25 to 30%. But in case the service was downright bad or the wait staff rude then I feel that I have the right to reserve my tip or decide what amount of tip I will leave them.
I didn't know you were supposed to tip at KFC.
Female genie

Bristol, UK

#13 Feb 1, 2013
Why are people expected to tip at dingy diners, where burgers and chips is its peak of culinary expertise. This tipping thing is getting out of hand, don't they get paid by the hour, tips are a bonus and not suppose to make up your wages.

Maybe this place Applebee’s restaurant is a level above some of these other places where I have read people complaining about not getting tipped from, but to me some of them don't deserve extra, is not going there and giving your custom good enough, otherwise they'd be out of a job all together. There are better posher nicer restaurants which have first class service with great menus that actually make you want to tip the staff.#sheesh
Barros Serrano

Reserve, NM

#14 Feb 1, 2013
In fact, since she was with a group, the black pastor was charged an 18% tip automatically. She didn't leave any extra, and wrote a snotty note on the check.

Then another waitress, not hers, posted the check online, and for that was fired, that being a violation of privacy.

Subsequently, the pastor apologized for the snotty comment.

And there you have it. But of course the bigots in here will make a federal case out of it.

In my opinion Applebee's should have warned the waitress but not fired her.

Myself, I don't go out for dinner much, but do eat out for breakfast or lunch, usually a $8-11 bill, I always just leave $2 tip automatically, as waitresses work hard and it is considered part of their income to get tips.
fnord

Scottsdale, AZ

#15 Feb 1, 2013
Female genie wrote:
Why are people expected to tip at dingy diners, where burgers and chips is its peak of culinary expertise. This tipping thing is getting out of hand, don't they get paid by the hour, tips are a bonus and not suppose to make up your wages.
Maybe this place Applebee’s restaurant is a level above some of these other places where I have read people complaining about not getting tipped from, but to me some of them don't deserve extra, is not going there and giving your custom good enough, otherwise they'd be out of a job all together. There are better posher nicer restaurants which have first class service with great menus that actually make you want to tip the staff.#sheesh
In America, waitstaff are paid below minimum wage with the expectation that the majority of their income will come from tips. I think this is wrong, that waitstaff should be paid a living wage and tips should be for good service. Although I don't approve of this system of compensation, stiffing waiters won't change it and only hurts them, so I always tip at least 20%. In actuality, the diner is paying their wages, not rewarding them. This is why not tipping is theft, and why decent people always tip even if they disapprove of the system. If the kneegress didn't want to tip, she should have gotten take away or gone to a drive through.
Harry Bumdiddler

Somerset, NJ

#16 Feb 1, 2013
Female genies wrote:
Maybe this place Applebee’s restaurant is a level above some of these other places where I have read people complaining about not getting tipped from, but to me some of them don't deserve extra, is not going there and giving your custom good enough, otherwise they'd be out of a job all together. There are better posher nicer restaurants which have first class service with great menus that actually make you want to tip the staff.#sheesh. Also, I would like a big cactus rammed up me bum, cheerio!
What does Cheerio's got to do with this?
Todd

Houston, TX

#17 Feb 1, 2013
Female genie wrote:
Why are people expected to tip at dingy diners, where burgers and chips is its peak of culinary expertise. This tipping thing is getting out of hand, don't they get paid by the hour
They don't get minimum wage which about 8 dollars an hour. They get about 2 dollars an hour and the IRS charges them as if they get tips. I assume this legal arrangement is in force to ensure that teh wait staff does its bet to make the customers happy so they are well tipped.
EBT Blackman

Jersey City, NJ

#19 Feb 2, 2013
Female genie wrote:
Why are people expected to tip at dingy diners, where burgers and chips is its peak of culinary expertise.
Service.
The waitress isn't at fault if the chef can only grill burgers. her job is to bring you your meal, Cheapskate.
Allen

United States

#20 Feb 2, 2013
Blacks:
If you can't afford tipping...
You can't afford to eat out.
Style

London, UK

#21 Feb 2, 2013
EBT Blackman wrote:
I think this thread demonstrates just how dumb sone people are. Race is not an issue here, but why make the 'facts' get in the way of a good story.

First, there was an 18% tip automatically applied to the bill. Most people would be HAPPY with an 18% tip. So why was the waitress unhappy?

This leads me to my second point. I suspect very little, if any, of this 18% service charge found it's way into the pockets or purses of the staff. It's a stealth tax to further line the pockets of the business owners.

So the real issue here is the business practices of these establishments, and I think it's unreasonable for patrons to pay a tip in ADDITION to an automatic tip.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why did Mexico send an Olmec head to Ethiopia? (Oct '13) 2 min UruEuWauWau 295
Are white women attracted to black men? (Aug '06) 3 min lol 123,611
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min flack 1,216,551
Why are African Americans so stupid compared to... (Dec '11) 4 min SadButTrue 182
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 5 min Undisputed Facts 114,977
News Student Sues Catholic High School For Failing T... 6 min Jaimie 10
About foreign born blacks. ---------- (Jun '14) 6 min Jefferson 824
Crazed Negroes Choke and Beat Teacher in Class 39 min Masud_S_Hoghughi__ 28
Sad News: “Good Times” Actor Ben Powers (“Keith... 46 min LMSTELTZ 2
Why do good looking black women like white men ... (Sep '12) 2 hr SadButTrue 6,669
More from around the web