Everyone of African descent needs to ...

Everyone of African descent needs to come together!!

Posted in the African-American Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last

“Shine Bright Like...”

Level 5

Since: Jan 12

A Diamond

#1 Jan 16, 2012
I don't care if you're Black American, African, Mulatto (mixed) or what!! If you have black in you, you're black!! We're all brothers and sisters, circumstances beyond our control caused us to be apart!! It's not our fault, everyone who had a part in the slave trade is NOW DEAD!! For Africans, no we don't hate you it's just hard (for me) to understand some of your viewpoints. For Black Americans, we may not look exactly like them but we have the same blood lines!! Stop acting like the white man and stop being racist towards your own people!!

“Shine Bright Like...”

Level 5

Since: Jan 12

A Diamond

#2 Jan 16, 2012
And not that i'm giving up on black men in America (yet) but I would love to bring a black African man home to mama!!

Level 5

Since: Dec 10

Sherwood Park, Canada

#3 Jan 16, 2012
Blaq American Princess wrote:
And not that i'm giving up on black men in America (yet) but I would love to bring a black African man home to mama!!
nice, i agree 100%....by the way, how old are you?

“Shine Bright Like...”

Level 5

Since: Jan 12

A Diamond

#4 Jan 16, 2012
I love how some people have rated my comments negatively, but then refrain from posting their own lol. And I'm 21 why, how old are you?

Level 5

Since: Dec 10

Sherwood Park, Canada

#5 Jan 16, 2012
Blaq American Princess wrote:
I love how some people have rated my comments negatively, but then refrain from posting their own lol. And I'm 21 why, how old are you?
what you wrote was actually refreshing, it's nice seeing something positive on this forum for a change, also i thought you were older. i'm 28 by the way

Level 9

Since: Nov 10

.

#6 Jan 16, 2012
Blaq American Princess wrote:
And not that i'm giving up on black men in America (yet) but I would love to bring a black African man home to mama!!
Wow! Your first comment is telling us we need to come together, then you added you haven't given up on black men in America (YET)?!.

Okay, SMH... A great way to come together.

“Shine Bright Like...”

Level 5

Since: Jan 12

A Diamond

#7 Jan 16, 2012
I noticed that as well, this forum shouldn't be all about negativity. What most people don't realize is, the people represented here are a very small percentage of the population. Everyone's opinion is not the same, and everybody doesn't think alike. It's alot of racist white people on the AA forum as well as the self-hating blacks. Black people NEED TO LEARN UNITY or we will fail.

And do I look older? Some people say i'm mature for my age, guess that's why I date older men ;)

“Shine Bright Like...”

Level 5

Since: Jan 12

A Diamond

#8 Jan 16, 2012
MsNewNew wrote:
<quoted text>Wow! Your first comment is telling us we need to come together, then you added you haven't given up on black men in America (YET)?!.
Okay, SMH... A great way to come together.
Yes, we do need to come together, i'm not contradicting myself PAY ATTENTION to what i'm saying.. My father is a black man, and my brothers are black, and all born here in the states. I want to give them their props b/c they showed me how a woman is supposed to be treated. Do you think that even if I didn't date American blacks or black men in general that I wouldn't still LOVE my black men?? I'm not saying come together in a romantic way, but to come together politically and change our communities, the way we're perceived everywhere.. Stop being so close-minded and think before you try to discredit what someone else is saying..

Level 8

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#9 Jan 16, 2012
Damn...

...you really had me ridin' witchu until you hit me with the "YET" curve ball.

Level 5

Since: Dec 10

Sherwood Park, Canada

#10 Jan 16, 2012
Blaq American Princess wrote:
I noticed that as well, this forum shouldn't be all about negativity. What most people don't realize is, the people represented here are a very small percentage of the population. Everyone's opinion is not the same, and everybody doesn't think alike. It's alot of racist white people on the AA forum as well as the self-hating blacks. Black people NEED TO LEARN UNITY or we will fail.
And do I look older? Some people say i'm mature for my age, guess that's why I date older men ;)
I used to come on here a while back but nowdays every discussion has to have some racist, negative or useless comments, it doesn't even feel like people want to actually talk about real issues anymore. And yes you do look a bit older, and you sound mature...which are good things. By the way, don't give up on black american men, there are some good black men out there i'm sure....but if you do, then give me a ring:)

“Shine Bright Like...”

Level 5

Since: Jan 12

A Diamond

#11 Jan 16, 2012
vampiYAH stabB wrote:
Damn...
...you really had me ridin' witchu until you hit me with the "YET" curve ball.
Well, what can I say?? Sorry you feel that way..
Cooldude17

United States

#12 Jan 16, 2012
Black ppl will sell u out in a sec dont be fooled. Being black isnt enough. Judge by character not color most of the ppl who give me hxll are black. Im of african descent as well. Dont call me black which means evil and isnt referring to race.

“Shine Bright Like...”

Level 5

Since: Jan 12

A Diamond

#13 Jan 16, 2012
canuck26 wrote:
<quoted text>
I used to come on here a while back but nowdays every discussion has to have some racist, negative or useless comments, it doesn't even feel like people want to actually talk about real issues anymore. And yes you do look a bit older, and you sound mature...which are good things. By the way, don't give up on black american men, there are some good black men out there i'm sure....but if you do, then give me a ring:)
So true, i'm very stubborn though, so I don't let them cloud my thoughts or opinion. Yes, there are some good black men I guess, but i'm very family oriented. I already have a great career, now I want to get married and THEN have kids, not the other way around. That's why I date older men, most dudes my age are most definitely not looking to get married any time soon lol.. And I will keep that in mind :)

“Shine Bright Like...”

Level 5

Since: Jan 12

A Diamond

#14 Jan 16, 2012
Cooldude17 wrote:
Black ppl will sell u out in a sec dont be fooled. Being black isnt enough. Judge by character not color most of the ppl who give me hxll are black. Im of african descent as well. Dont call me black which means evil and isnt referring to race.
There are good and bad in every race, not just black people. I was raised in the "hood" so i'm street smart. When my dad got us out of there, I was still in school. That was the best thing he could've done or I probably would be gang-banging today. We're doing well now, and when I see some of the people that I used to hang around, I still say hi and w/e. But I don't give them the opportunity to use or abuse me. I'm not racist or mean to my own people but I do know a crook when I see one. You have to weed out the people that you know mean you no good. There's a famous quote "Truth is everyone's going to hurt you, you just have to find the ones worth hurting for" Or something to that extent. Sorry about your bad experiences, but it's not all black people. The day that we stand up and take charge of our neighborhoods, our economic status, and start handling business will be a glorious day. But we will not reach that point as long as we keep hating on each other.

Level 5

Since: Dec 10

Sherwood Park, Canada

#15 Jan 16, 2012
Good, that's how it should be. so, are you black american or african? what do you do for living?

Level 8

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#16 Jan 16, 2012
canuck26 wrote:
<quoted text>
I used to come on here a while back but nowdays every discussion has to have some racist, negative or useless comments, it doesn't even feel like people want to actually talk about real issues anymore. And yes you do look a bit older, and you sound mature...which are good things. By the way, don't give up on black american men, there are some good black men out there i'm sure....but if you do, then give me a ring:)
I've had it with trying to make ANY more appeals to Black women to stay with Black men whether they're "american" or the one's who hail from abroad.

If a sista doesn't have the sense she was born with to appreciate Black men collectively in spite of OUR hang ups, the way "I" appreciate the Black woman COLLECTIVELY in spite of hers, then, to hell with her.

If Mademoiselle thinks she could do better with a Nigerian, a Ghanaian, an Ethiopian, a Congolian...by all means...

...rock on!

I know if I were to have posted some bullsh!t like THIS, my inbox would be flooded out with mad reproof right about now, like, "Damn, stabB!! That's real fcuked up!!! I always knew you were like that!!!! I always knew you hated Black women!!!!!"

LOLOL!!!!!

smFh

“Shine Bright Like...”

Level 5

Since: Jan 12

A Diamond

#17 Jan 16, 2012
canuck26 wrote:
Good, that's how it should be. so, are you black american or african? what do you do for living?
I'm Black (American) and Native American. I'm a Medical Transcriptionist and i'm also a certified phlebotomist.
twitter-kromanti g

Maple, Canada

#18 Jan 16, 2012
PLEASE!!!!!!

Back to the issue at hand.
lets not get into the typical lets help our community cause me this, Im that, I everything....

We need to use what we have as in recognizable symbols like our radio stations, our magazines and news papers, our djs, comedians and everything else tangible and we need to get them to unify the message in some sort of way in order to establish a real nation.

We dont need to follow white borders our nation should include every descendant of slaves in the North America, South America, Caribean. Standing in Solidarity with Africa FOREVERRRRRRR

We need to get iphone apps highlighting important national events and awards. Build an economy and a lifestyle that suites us. Right now is a pivitol time where people dont trust governments lets trust in ourselves as a unit.

One idea that is key is buying produce from black farmers in bulk and shipping them to stores in our communities owned by black people or getting the koreans and italians to buy or else boycott.

The black communities boycott game needs to stept up because occupy wallstreet is not about us but its a good idea.

....expand!

Level 8

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#19 Jan 16, 2012
Blaq American Princess wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, what can I say?? Sorry you feel that way..
...And, then you have the nerve to be apathetic & indifferent...

...LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!

Carry on.
twitter-kromanti g

Maple, Canada

#20 Jan 16, 2012
Why does the conversation always revert back to black relationships with African Americans? To get it out of the way I Feel like the music culture did not spread a realistic standard in the community since about the early 90s. I also blame feminism for not taking into consideration the continuum it would break down with no alternative to offer to traditionalism.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min No Surprize 1,655,991
Radical White racists are undermining the Repub... 7 min The Patriot 9
Are Blacks less discriminate when it comes to w... 9 min Spinning 360 waves 4
My Pum Pum 12 min LMR 41
The Seven Black Presidents Before Barack Obama (Aug '12) 14 min DENISE 99
Whatever happened to Cigar face and Coretta Joe... 16 min Master Ttt 7
Do black men really have larger penises? (Sep '10) 17 min Ale 1,608
the wheel never invented in Sub Saharan Africa (Jun '16) 26 min Black Power 227
Why don't black people just brag about Nubia? 1 hr Master White 154
Why is the media pushing interracial relationsh... (Sep '14) 5 hr Night_driver 896
More from around the web