Columbine, Chardon, Aurora examples o...

Columbine, Chardon, Aurora examples of civilized white people

Posted in the African-American Forum

Why

United States

#1 Jul 21, 2012
Young White Men: Scared,Entitled,and Cynical--a Deadly Combination

by Paul Kivel Oakland,California (c 1999)

We have a very serious problem in this country. No,it's not welfare mothers, it's not recent immigrants,it's not African-American or Latino men, it's not Arab terrorists-it is young white men. Most of the devastating violence we experience in our communities is committed by young white men between the ages of fifteen and thirty. What kind of violence am I referring to?Take your pick. Domestic violence,rape,acquaintance rape,incest,male on male fights,serial killings,racist hate crimes,gay-bashing,arson,campu s riots such as recently occurred at Michigan State University,and barroom brawls. 95%of all violence in our society is committed by males,and although women,men of color,and white men of all ages certainly can be violent,the overwhelming majority of acts of violence can be traced to young white men.

The violence of young white men maintains a society in which some older white men have most of the social,political,and economic power and benefits,and the majority of us have to fight for the left-overs. Twenty percent of the population of the United States controls over 90%of the wealth. Some young white men will become part of the top 20%,but most won't. The sorting out process-the process of deciding which young white men will make it into the top 20% is what produces the cynicism, fear, and sense of entitlement which leads to violence. In response to this process boys choose strategies which they think will help them thrive, survive, or at least stay alive.

Young white men see white men at the to

aZiya

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#2 Jul 21, 2012
Interesting and true.
THX Cracks Da Whip

Central District, Hong Kong

#3 Jul 21, 2012
Our slave descendants do more killing on a weekly basis than all the human "mass" killers in US history.

Everything is always worse with Negroes.
Why

United States

#4 Jul 21, 2012
aZiya wrote:
Interesting and true.
7 school buses loaded with white kids had more dope than Rx. The cops took the dope and let them go.

This happened to the same white kids two years straight. Imagine if it was black kids!
Barros Serrano

United States

#5 Jul 21, 2012
Why wrote:
Young White Men: Scared,Entitled,and Cynical--a Deadly Combination
by Paul Kivel Oakland,California (c 1999)
We have a very serious problem in this country. No,it's not welfare mothers, it's not recent immigrants,it's not African-American or Latino men, it's not Arab terrorists-it is young white men. Most of the devastating violence we experience in our communities is committed by young white men between the ages of fifteen and thirty. What kind of violence am I referring to?Take your pick. Domestic violence,rape,acquaintance rape,incest,male on male fights,serial killings,racist hate crimes,gay-bashing,arson,campu s riots such as recently occurred at Michigan State University,and barroom brawls. 95%of all violence in our society is committed by males,and although women,men of color,and white men of all ages certainly can be violent,the overwhelming majority of acts of violence can be traced to young white men.
The violence of young white men maintains a society in which some older white men have most of the social,political,and economic power and benefits,and the majority of us have to fight for the left-overs. Twenty percent of the population of the United States controls over 90%of the wealth. Some young white men will become part of the top 20%,but most won't. The sorting out process-the process of deciding which young white men will make it into the top 20% is what produces the cynicism, fear, and sense of entitlement which leads to violence. In response to this process boys choose strategies which they think will help them thrive, survive, or at least stay alive.
Young white men see white men at the to
Oh BS. Who is the author of that racist drivel?

Sounds more like something coming from the NOI than real academia.

Level 4

Since: Jan 12

Franklin Square, NY

#6 Jul 21, 2012
No he's white so is Micheal Moore. He;s terrified of his own people.
Why

United States

#7 Jul 21, 2012
Barros Serrano wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh BS. Who is the author of that racist drivel?
Sounds more like something coming from the NOI than real academia.
Feast your eyes and get back to those beans

http://www.inmotionmagazine.com/pkivel3.html

“Shed so many tears”

Level 7

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#8 Jul 21, 2012
KKKrackas don't wanna hear this ..........DO YA'LL!

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Level 8

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#9 Jul 21, 2012
THX Cracks Da Whip wrote:
Our slave descendants do more killing on a weekly basis than all the human "mass" killers in US history.
Everything is always worse with Negroes.
That's only because the killers of native Americans are not counted.
Never Forget

Pioneer, OH

#10 Jul 21, 2012
Paul Kivel

Biography

Paul Kivel, social justice educator, activist, and writer, has been an innovative leader in violence prevention for more than 27 years. He is an accomplished trainer and speaker on men’s issues, racism and diversity, challenges of youth, teen dating and family violence, raising boys to manhood, and the impact of class and power on daily life.

Kivel has developed highly effective participatory and interactive methodologies for training youth and adults in a variety of settings. His work gives people the understanding to become involved in social justice work and the tools to become more effective allies in community struggles to end oppression and injustice and to transform organizations and institutions.

Kivel is the author of numerous books and curricula, including Uprooting Racism: How White People Can Work for Racial Justice, which won the 1996 Gustavus Myers Award for best book on human rights, Men’s Work, Making the Peace, Helping Teens Stop Violence, Boys Will Be Men, I Can Make My World A Safer Place, and most recently, You Call This a Democracy?: Who Benefits, Who Pays, and Who Really Decides.

Kivel was a co-founder of the acclaimed Oakland Men’s Project, a nationally recognized multicultural organization dedicated to helping people understand the roots of violence in our society and seek positive solutions.

Through his lectures, workshops, trainings and writings, Kivel works to end male violence and build alliances across lines of race, gender, class, sexual orientation, religion, and age."

Now, isn't that special.
Never Forget

Pioneer, OH

#11 Jul 21, 2012
—
Paul Kivel: Guidelines for Being Strong White Allies

WHAT KIND OF ACTIVE SUPPORT does a strong white ally provide to a person of color? Over the years, people of color that I have talked with have been remarkably consistent in describing the kinds of support they need from white allies.

What People of Color Want from White Allies

“Respect us”

“Listen to us”

“Find out about us”

“Don’t make assumptions”

“Don’t take over”

“Stand by my side”

“Provide information”

“Don’t assume you know what’s best for me”

“Resources”

“Money”

“Take risks”

“Make mistakes”

“Don’t take it personally”

“Honesty”

“Understanding”

“Talk to other white people”

“Teach your children about racism”

“Interrupt jokes and comments”

“Speak up”“Don’t ask me to speak for my people”

“Your body on the line”

“Persevere daily”

http://www.beyondwhiteness.com/2012/02/20/pau...

LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Now India a rising power in Africa 2 min negash 13
Trump caught LYING about donating to Vets 3 min Barbosa 3
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min USAsince1680 1,384,454
UFO spotted near military base 8 min TruthQuest 5
Why a Civil War? 10 min Joe 2
Caucasians Are NOT Real People of Earth 11 min Hebrew Supremacist 9
Why do black women hate each other? 14 min Hil32 2
Dear White People 24 min Sicklecell Supporter 80
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 32 min IT IS I 134,532
How black people lost Egypt. ------------------... 1 hr Johnny 116