What is considered skinny, thick and ...
Black American Princess

Chicago, IL

#127 Jul 24, 2009
Concerned Mother wrote:
<quoted text>
You have got to be kidding!? Since when did Beyonce/Kim K, etc. become thick? Because they have a behind? This is really rediculous - this is why young girls have such a complex about their bodies!
They are thick....
My mom stated that when she was growing up in the seventies you rarely ever saw fat people. The portion sizes were smaller, people walked to places more, and EVEN BW were just as slim or close to the size of WW. It was rare to see a fat women, and those who were considered "fat" were those who were Beyonce's size are larger.
Nowadays--30 years later people are trying to modify the conditions of what consistutes being thin, thick, or fat to adjust to the fact that MOST people are overweight. This does not change the fact that the reality is that there has always been a standard DEFINITION of what is thin, slim, and small. And generally women that are considered small or thin are women that have small hips, small legs, small torsos, etc. These are woman who don't have as much "thickness", nor a large behind or large hips. This has ALWAYS been the definition of slim and slender.
Just because people are getting fatter does not mean that now the definition of "slim" should be modified to include women that aren't really slim at all.
Beyonce's butt isn't even that big. Beyonce is not slim at all. She may not be "overweight" but she is not thin or slim. She isn't all that toned--ever seen her live--but she isn't fat nor is she as thick as Trina or buffy. She IS thick though. Whether you want to call it "athletic" or "average" she is NOT slim.
Thick does not always mean overweight, it means "bigger" than small--bigger hips, a torso that isn't as slim, thicker legs--even toned thicker legs, and for some a larger behind. A woman can be a size 6 and above and be thick--because thick usually means a "healthy" weight, or a person who isn't slim but isn't fat or chubby either.
Matter of fact a majority of the women that are considered to be thin or small are women who wear a size 4 and below.
Women who wear a size 6 to a size 8 are considered to be the "standard" or "healthy weight for their size" (represents a woman that is thick or average), and women who wear size 10-14 are considered a little overweight(the average women in america/a woman that is VERY thick). Women size 14 or 15 and above are very overweight (plus size)--and what could be considered borderline fat(buffy the body, trina. And women who are 18 and above are most likely fat.
That is why Beyonce is not "slim". Beyonce does not look slim, does not have any traits that make her a slim woman. Just by looking at her body frame, I can tell that she has a medium body frame. She has thick legs, and bigger hips. She IS thick, and to some women she would even be considered very thick.
Solange is what I would consider slim. There is a clear difference.
I am sorry that you are offended. I agree that not everyone carries weight the same, but Beyonce DOES have a "MEDIUM" body frame. You can tell by the size of her hips, the width of her thighs, and by her behind.
As for what you stated, a size 12-14 is now the average size for a woman. The size goes up eaceh year.
I also work out, and I'm very toned--my mom's a personal trainer. I weight below 140 pounds and I wear a size 6 and while many have told me I am "small", I have a medium body frame, big hips, a larger behind, and a torso that isn't very slim--I'm not slim. I'm average or thick.
Black American Princess

Chicago, IL

#128 Jul 24, 2009
BTW I should add

A woman 5ft3-5ft6 that wears below a 2 is bony.
That for a woman 5ft3-5ft6, a size 2-4 is "small/slim"
A woman that is 5ft3-5ft6 a size 6 to a size 8 is considered "normal range/athletic/thick"
A woman that is 5ft3-5ft6 that wears a size 10-12 is considered " slightly overweight, average women in america, very thick"(Buffy the Body)
A woman that is 5ft3-5ft6 that wears a 14-16
Is considered overweight, and plus size, and borderline chubby, or VERY musuclar/thick.
A woman larger than size 18 is fat.

“BIG CHOP: FEBRUARY 21ST,2011”

Level 1

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#129 Jul 24, 2009
What about a women who is 5'9 is 50 49 53? and waht size do you think she wear?

Cause thats me.

Since: Mar 09

Naperville, IL

#130 Jul 24, 2009
Alisa Denim wrote:
What about a women who is 5'9 is 50 49 53? and waht size do you think she wear?
Cause thats me.
I'm not sure.

But I would guess that for a woman that is between 5ft7 and 5ft9 that:
Bony is a size 4 and below
Skinny or thin is a size 6-8
average"normal" or thick healthy weight is a 10-12
Very Thick is a 14-16
Borderline fat/overweight is an 18-20
And fat is probably a 22 and above.

Again this is just TO Me.

Everyone carries weight differently. My mom has a chart outlining what range a person should be in at a certain height and frame, and I would say that you are overweight... No offense BTW.

“BIG CHOP: FEBRUARY 21ST,2011”

Level 1

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#131 Jul 24, 2009
^^^^^^^^^^

You right you are correct. I carry my weight differntly though. but i went off on that other thread I made b/c how you is going to give me some advice and you are laughing with the dude that said that shit. I forgot this internet land people will do stuff that will get them slapped but that was rude.

“Big Sexy”

Atlanta

#132 Jul 25, 2009
Bodyfat percentage is consider too, a man under 40 shouldn't have over 20% and a woman under 40 shouldn't have over 32%. No matter how big bone, muscle, (men) or big bone or thick (women) you think you are, you are at unhealthy bodyfat levels

“Das raht!”

Level 3

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#133 Jul 25, 2009
Luke Cage wrote:
Bodyfat percentage is consider too, a man under 40 shouldn't have over 20% and a woman under 40 shouldn't have over 32%. No matter how big bone, muscle,(men) or big bone or thick (women) you think you are, you are at unhealthy bodyfat levels
Hey Big Sexy!

“Big Sexy”

Atlanta

#134 Jul 25, 2009
Hey! How are you?!

“Das raht!”

Level 3

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#135 Jul 25, 2009
Luke Cage wrote:
Hey! How are you?!
I'm okay. Bored at the moment.
Angel

Saint Louis, MO

#136 Mar 14, 2010
Perfectly honest, you can't go by weight or measurements because everyone's body is different. For example. I am 5'5 and 205lbs. But one of my closest friends is same height 150. I'm half her size. Same with pant sizes. I have wider hips, slimmer waist and big boobs which sometimes makes me look skinnier than people who wear smaller sizes than I do. You just cannot go by measurements; that is where the trouble begins. When you start saying, this size plus this height plus this measure equals this, then the girls who are trying to get there are gonna go to extremes to try and fit your measurements, even if they are fine the way they are. Everyone fills out differently, so please stop slapping measurements on everything because being a young girl with her own body issues and not fitting those numbers feels horrible.
mexican boy

Pearland, TX

#138 Mar 16, 2010
is hard to say i know girls who are short and thick but are a size 1
i also seen girls who are tall and have and average body
it depends she can be a size 1 and still have a beutiful body and she can be a size 10 or so and have no body at all
anonymous

Kitchener, Canada

#139 Apr 6, 2010
get over yourself
oleavia321

United States

#140 Nov 15, 2010
im 5'9 and 162lbs and i definitly considered myself thick id say sizes 8-14 (5'6-5'10) are thick not 2 brag or anything
HillaryA

Grapevine, TX

#141 Jul 22, 2011
Am I thick, average, overweight, or what?

I'm 20 and I'm about 145-155 lbs, 5'5, my breasts are a large C cup, my hips/butt/thighs are bigger, but less toned. I wear usually medium to large tops to compensate for my breasts, and 5-7 in jeans and bottoms. Everything has a "jiggle" to it, especially my breasts, which is annoying... I have semi-broad shoulders, and my mom always said I have an "athletic/curvy body which I don't really agree with... But my measurements are 42-37-46 (roughly) and my body fat % is around 24 ( which is borderline overweight). I weigh more than my boyfriend and he is very slim but very defined, he basically has no body fat. I feel obese next to him, even though I'm at least 5 inches shorter than him. I've always been curious to whether I was more on the fat-overweight side or just on the average-thick side. If you could write your opinions to me, I'd really appreciated it. Don't worry about being honest or if you think you sound rude, because I've been called much worse
that girl

Kalama, WA

#142 Nov 3, 2011
im 5 foot one and i weigh 120. im 39-30-38 does anyone think im overweight? cause people tell me im fat haha.
AmEriaCa

Denver, CO

#144 Mar 6, 2012
I am 5"4-5"5 and weigh around 113 -120. My weight always moves between that range. I have smaller breast about 34 b! And I can fit into sizes ranging from 0 in pants to 2! Normally shirts depending on brand ranges from xsmall to small!
There are a few woman that have stated I look gross most being (bigger) girls! I don't do anything special to be skinny and at times I wish and tried to gain weight. Just like thick girls or big girls hate being called fat or overweight us skinny girls don't like being called sticks, skeletons or underweight! I have come to understand I am who I am. I don't care about anyone's opinion anymore! I believe rather your skinny, thin, normal, thick, heavy, fat who cares! Its all attractive. Screw the world and other peoples comments! No one is perfect and everyone has their own "thing" that's makes you special and beautiful! Sooo... the whole point of me writing is woman need to stop trying to be the best, the most beautiful. Stop hating someone just bc in your head you THINK she is prettier, more talented or smarter! Just be okay being you. And quit trying to always be at the top of everything. There will always be girls more athletic, prettier, smarter, funny, outgoing or stronger then you, but there is only one of you! And each person has something special about them that makes them "special"!!!!!.....
Flo

United States

#145 Mar 13, 2012
I used to weight 347 lbs and at that size I had no onfusion about my size, I very fat. Recently I lost 132 lbs and I'm feeling great about my body, currently I am about 215, 5'8 and about a comfortable size 14. People who knew me back at 300+ lbs now call me skinny (but I know that's not true) ppl who recently met me have told me I am thick, my boyfriend says I am thick as well. About a week ago a guy on twitter saw my profile pic and said "make room for the big girls" and told me "no offense baby but u a big girl". I was thinking, wtf? I'm STILL a big girl after all the weight I've lost? I guess I'm sensitive but his comments were very up setting to me.
Flo

United States

#146 Mar 13, 2012
AmEriaCa wrote:
I am 5"4-5"5 and weigh around 113 -120. My weight always moves between that range. I have smaller breast about 34 b! And I can fit into sizes ranging from 0 in pants to 2! Normally shirts depending on brand ranges from xsmall to small!
There are a few woman that have stated I look gross most being (bigger) girls! I don't do anything special to be skinny and at times I wish and tried to gain weight. Just like thick girls or big girls hate being called fat or overweight us skinny girls don't like being called sticks, skeletons or underweight! I have come to understand I am who I am. I don't care about anyone's opinion anymore! I believe rather your skinny, thin, normal, thick, heavy, fat who cares! Its all attractive. Screw the world and other peoples comments! No one is perfect and everyone has their own "thing" that's makes you special and beautiful! Sooo... the whole point of me writing is woman need to stop trying to be the best, the most beautiful. Stop hating someone just bc in your head you THINK she is prettier, more talented or smarter! Just be okay being you. And quit trying to always be at the top of everything. There will always be girls more athletic, prettier, smarter, funny, outgoing or stronger then you, but there is only one of you! And each person has something special about them that makes them "special"!!!!!.....
I agree! If ur happy that's all that matters! I wouldnt evey be googling this crap if somebody else hadn't made comments about my body! Lol now I'm all self onscious and shit! Do u girl!
jtoba

Bismarck, ND

#147 Mar 20, 2012
Just wanted to say that 24% body fat for a woman is NOT overweight! I think you may be confusing body fat and BMI? Body mass index (BMI) is based on weight and height only and does not have anything to do with actual body fat percentage. 24% body fat is almost "perfect".
ems

Stillwater, MN

#148 Mar 28, 2012
ok I'm glad I found this. I read that a size 4 and below is considered bony. I am a white female who is 5'3 22 and has never weighed more then 110lbs in their life! Normally I weigh 102-107. It was christmas and I gained the usual holiday weight and I had my period. I weighed 110 on the very rare occasion I ever hit that. Get this a black male told me I was "Thick and curvy and not skinny" I can gurantee you I barely cracked over a size two. This made me get an eating disorder because it made me think I must really be getting fat. My wrists are about 5 inches around I am naturally very smalled framed and have a long neck. Why in the world would I get told I have big thighs and I'm not skinny at that weight? I feel now if I weigh more then 92lbs I'm a fat cow. I used to love my body and now I'm a wreck. Was this guy just messing with me or is that truly not skinny? Please no rude comments I'm very sensitive about my weight.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Race Has Better Fighters, Non-black Or Black? 4 min T-BOS 330
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Fitius T Bluster 1,684,785
What is a Wooly Headed Dindu? 6 min Ttt 1
Why does nothing ever work for Negroes? 7 min Jake 39
president donald trump dead at age 71 17 min Jake 28
Highest poverty rate in U.S.? California! 21 min IT IS I 114
News Trump appointee resigns after racist, sexist an... 22 min Trump is a joke 68
Bets on how long shutdown will last... 23 min Paul 41
Racist White People on MLK Day. 2 hr Captain MAGA 144
WHITE FOLKS: YOU need to know what King Knew! 11 hr Cant Escape DESTINY 165
More from around the web