First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“myspace.com/jeri shermaine ”

Since: Nov 07

Texas

#2 Jun 19, 2008
i dont know.
I use them sometimes...Depends on the sit-che-ation. If im in a enviroment where i need to be perfessional then I talk proffessionally...but if im just kiggin' it be like all up in da 'bonix.

“Engaged :)”

Since: Aug 07

Bradford, UK

#5 Jun 19, 2008
I wouldn't say its good for you but it is nice know a few slang words as long as you can snap out of it when your in places like business confrences and parents houses.

“My future husband!”

Level 1

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#6 Jun 19, 2008
Only texting somebody.
Waqq

Broad Brook, CT

#7 Jun 19, 2008
BrownSuga wrote:
Only texting somebody.
Uh huh. I'll bet you talk in ebonics all the time.

“My future husband!”

Level 1

Location hidden

#8 Jun 19, 2008
Waqq wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh huh. I'll bet you talk in ebonics all the time.
Bet me on what?...

Since: Mar 08

Athens, GA

#9 Jun 19, 2008
BlackPrince wrote:
Ebonics is one of the most damaging things AA's could have ever fell for. Get an education and act like it, instead of from the damn Ghetto.
and what is an ''education?''(shaking head)and who told you talking ''white'' was ''proper''?,or that nappy hair was ''bad hair''?.

“myspace.com/jeri shermaine ”

Since: Nov 07

Texas

#10 Jun 19, 2008
__GodBody__ wrote:
<quoted text>and what is an ''education?''(shaking head)and who told you talking ''white'' was ''proper''?,or that nappy hair was ''bad hair''?.
Co sign!!!!
Survey

San Ramon, CA

#12 Jun 19, 2008
BlackPrince wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said anything about "talking white"? English is the main language in the U.S. If you want to talk some other jibber jabber, go to Jibber Jabber land. It's a simple concept. You don't know the definition of "education"? That's proof that you need some.
Ebonics is nothing more then slang. There is main stream English and Slang Enlish. In order to function in the business world ect., you need to be able to speak main stream English. A lot of black people come down on other black people who speak main stream English and call them sell outs and wanting to be white. Actually, there is no wanting to be white, it's just functioning in the real world to have a good life for themselves and their children.

United States

#13 Jun 19, 2008
BlackPrince wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said anything about "talking white"? English is the main language in the U.S. If you want to talk some other jibber jabber, go to Jibber Jabber land. It's a simple concept. You don't know the definition of "education"? That's proof that you need some.
a man,this bout the last time ill respond to you until you put a shirt on cuz.matter of fact,i aint even gonna waist any more typing power.

“My future husband!”

Level 1

Location hidden

#14 Jun 19, 2008
__GodBody__ wrote:
<quoted text>a man,this bout the last time ill respond to you until you put a shirt on cuz.matter of fact,i aint even gonna waist any more typing power.
lmao....
GB, thats not his pic!
That lil tenderoni is sweet.

“Black is beautiful!”

Since: May 08

ILL

#15 Jun 19, 2008
__GodBody__ wrote:
<quoted text>and what is an ''education?''(shaking head)and who told you talking ''white'' was ''proper''?,or that nappy hair was ''bad hair''?.
Co-sign.
Casual Thought

Youngstown, OH

#16 Jun 19, 2008
Is rock and roll good for us?

Is Jazz good for us?

Is being happy good for us?

We Afro-Americans have a success-producing very wise proverb:

if you're lame and got no game you get no dame.

United States

#18 Jun 19, 2008
STOPishear wrote:
<quoted text>
Co-sign.
good to see my queens got my back.

“Dreams are the touchstones of ”

Since: Feb 07

Our characters

#19 Jun 19, 2008
People act like AA's are the only people that have ebonics. How about some of those southerners like Dolly Parton? Even other countries have slang in certain parts. I'm not saying it's proper or not, but stop acting like America is the only country with people who talk in in different areas.
Well

Elizabethton, TN

#20 Jun 19, 2008
Well.

United States

#21 Jun 19, 2008
BrownSuga wrote:
<quoted text>
lmao....
GB, thats not his pic!
That lil tenderoni is sweet.
lol,he's got to be.
Casual Thought

Youngstown, OH

#23 Jun 19, 2008
Yo.

“confirmer of false reckonings”

Since: Jan 08

Youngsville NC

#24 Jun 19, 2008
it's an ethnic slang, just like geographical slangs are found in the south, north east, creole etc... just like other slangs, there are appropriate and inappropriate times for them and as long as people can make that distinction it's fine.

-word
JoeBob

Jonesborough, TN

#25 Jun 20, 2008
Yes. PLEASE continue to use it so the future generations can see how dumb you people are.
LLL
#29 Jun 21, 2008
full spectrum wrote:
it's an ethnic slang, just like geographical slangs are found in the south, north east, creole etc... just like other slangs, there are appropriate and inappropriate times for them and as long as people can make that distinction it's fine.
-word
I think there are a lot of old Southern phrases and many Blacks of the past used to use them as did old Southern people. Like old Southerners used to call their relatives and close friends "homefolks" and now Blacks say homey/homie (before that homeboy/homegirl). A lot of ebonics though seems to be just made up stuff in the last 40 years or so that have no longer origin or deeper meaning. The "wording" and phrases also seem to change and shift around.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A Japanese Man Real Life Love Affair With Sex Doll 3 min Stupid Thread 18
What music are you listening to right now? (Sep '08) 3 min Marcus Washington 35,017
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 4 min yisarel 136,047
Black guys dating Indian girls (Mar '10) 5 min Guest 9
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min FYVM 1,395,683
Black Men Are the Most Successful Men in America 9 min Marcus Washington 28
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 12 min Moses 46,478
5 stabbed @ white nationalist trump rally 23 min Marcus Washington 95
News Donald Trump Is Unfit to Lead 1 hr Fit2Serve 94
I need proof that the Ancient Egyptians Were No... (Oct '07) 1 hr Moses 32,671
Do you understand 6 hr Truth Hurts 28
More from around the web