Women and VIOLENCE: Are Women REALLY...

Women and VIOLENCE: Are Women REALLY less violent than men?

Posted in the African-American Forum

“Yes WE Can! Yes we Will!”

Level 8

Since: Jul 07

Baltimore, Md.

#1 Jul 20, 2014
Most information regarding violent crimes like assault, homicide or rape seem to indicate that women ARE less violent than we are. Of course, most men do not commit homicides, but most homicides are committed by men. And this seems to be the case no matter the race, color, creed, etc. Reportedly, about 90% of homicides are committed by men, and most of them against other men.
And since most political and economic power even today is exercised by men, men may be considered the ones most responsible for the mass carnage of wars
Yet women are capable of violence. They can and sometimes do commit homicide, assault and rape. Why is it that they do so less often than men? Is it "nature" or "nurture"?
Not all females are sugar and spice. Are women "by nature" a gentler sex? Or are they just socialized to be less inclined than men to resort to violence? Could it be that violence is culturally less a part of the definition of womanhood?
Would women be no less violent than men if they had equal amounts of power and were not so differently socialized?
Tell the truth

Kansas City, MO

#9 Jul 20, 2014
Phoenix Woman Allegedly Rapes 2-Year-Old Son With Vibrator, Pleads Not Guilty

Doctors discovered that he has numerous bruises around his anus, a “hanger type” bruise on his hip, and yet another bruise on his neck.

Doctors also found an object lodged in his rectum, which appears to be “a vibrator or some other sex toy.”

Police interviewed Burns, who still claimed that a teenage boy at a park did it, even though she “believes it is her vibrator,” and police found the boy’s blood on her shirt, according to court documents.

Phoenix Police Officer James Holmes says there was zero evidence that the boy was assaulted at the park.

http://newsone.com/2392256/rickesha-burns-mot...
Tell the truth

Kansas City, MO

#10 Jul 20, 2014
Mother convicted of killing daughters, stuffing them in freezer

A Montgomery County jury convicted Renee Bowman of two counts of first-degree murder and three counts of child abuse on Monday for the beating of her three adopted girls. Two of the girls died and Bowman stuffed their bodies into a freezer.

Bowman, 44, showed no emotion as the verdict was read after about about two hours of deliberation.

Prosecutors said during the four-day trial that Bowman killed Minnet, who would be 12 now, and Jasmine, who would be 11, in Montgomery County in either 2006 or 2007, and took the freezer with her when she moved to Charles County and then Calvert County.

Both sides gave their closing arguments Monday morning.

State's Attorney John McCarthy said Bowman adopted the girls to receive the stipend from D.C. that comes with such custody.

"This woman was in it for the money. And by killing the children, keeping them literally on ice, the money continued to flow," he said.

Bowman's attorneys suggested that at least one of the two dead children died from natural causes and that Bowman didn't kill them.

Attorney Alan Drew acknowledged that Bowman abused her children, but he argued that prosecutors failed to prove she planned to kill them. If there's no premeditation, the jury could find her guilty of second-degree murder instead of first-degree murder.

The crime stunned the region and cast a spotlight on D.C.’s child welfare agency, which had allowed Bowman to adopt the three girls.

The most memorable part of the week-long trial is when the surviving child, who is now 9, described on the witness stand the harrowing life that Bowman forced upon the girls.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/crime-scene/...
MOSES-II

United States

#11 Jul 20, 2014
Naw!

Women never started a war.

I honestly believe if women had just as much voice as men "universally", there would be less wars, less hunger, less poverty, more compassion and believe it or not......women are great organizers and managers.

Yeah, I know that I am hard on the sisters but, I know, I know, I know their power. I know, I know and guess who else know? White society.

I know....sisters should do a character analysis of the "black women" in the Bible and just to make this short.....look at every great man in scripture, he had a great mother.

People say that God gave Solomon wisdom but, when I look at Proverbs 31, God was working through Solomon's mother.

I could go on with this all night long.

Sisters, I love ya more than ya know and that is why I am hard on y'all. God has been good to the black woman and I know something about the power of a black woman. The last thing white society want to deal with is some praying, prayful and wailing bw.

I KNOW THIS FOR A FACT.
MOSES-II

United States

#12 Jul 20, 2014
Oooooh, if I could hear my mother pray again.

If ya got a man that won't act right. Everytime he steps in the door let him find ya praying on ya knees.....he won't be able to stand it and I promise, he'll get right
plenty

Portage, MI

#13 Jul 20, 2014
As a African American male. I like to date ww and beat them for what there ancestors did to my people. And i get away with it. My dix iz that gud. Drag a wht.b by her hair and take a picture

Level 8

Baltimore, Md.

#14 Jul 21, 2014
MOSES-II wrote:
Naw!
Women never started a war.
I honestly believe if women had just as much voice as men "universally", there would be less wars, less hunger, less poverty, more compassion and believe it or not......women are great organizers and managers.
Yeah, I know that I am hard on the sisters but, I know, I know, I know their power. I know, I know and guess who else know? White society.
I know....sisters should do a character analysis of the "black women" in the Bible and just to make this short.....look at every great man in scripture, he had a great mother.
People say that God gave Solomon wisdom but, when I look at Proverbs 31, God was working through Solomon's mother.
I could go on with this all night long.
Sisters, I love ya more than ya know and that is why I am hard on y'all. God has been good to the black woman and I know something about the power of a black woman. The last thing white society want to deal with is some praying, prayful and wailing bw.
I KNOW THIS FOR A FACT.
Of course, for women to start wars they'd have to have power. But patriarchy has been dominant for at least the past 4000 years. Would women start more wars if they had the power?

Level 8

Baltimore, Md.

#15 Jul 21, 2014
Mary Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, you are so sweet. Some day you will make some black man very happy.
By your name I imagine that you're a woman. If you think Moses is right? If women had power at least equal to men, would you ladies be less violent? Would there be fewer wars? Are you the gentler sex? Or would things be pretty much the same as under male rule?

Level 8

Baltimore, Md.

#16 Jul 21, 2014
What if Michelle Obama was President? What if Coretta Scott King or Fannie Lou Hamer or Betty Shabazz had been the top leaders ofour Movement instead of Martin Luther King, jr. and Malcolm X? How might that have affected the shape and outcome of the Movement?

“Repent and worship God”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#17 Jul 21, 2014
Savant wrote:
<quoted text>By your name I imagine that you're a woman. If you think Moses is right? If women had power at least equal to men, would you ladies be less violent? Would there be fewer wars? Are you the gentler sex? Or would things be pretty much the same as under male rule?
Queen Hatshepsut was quite ruthless when dealing with her enemies. Queen Elizabeth also could hold her own.

“Repent and worship God”

Location hidden

#18 Jul 21, 2014
Savant wrote:
<quoted text>Of course, for women to start wars they'd have to have power. But patriarchy has been dominant for at least the past 4000 years. Would women start more wars if they had the power?
Yes

Level 8

Baltimore, Md.

#19 Jul 21, 2014
Phoenix Ascended wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes
So you don't believe that you8 ladies are the gentler sex? Are you held back from being as violent as many men only by lack of power or opportunity?

“Repent and worship God”

Location hidden

#20 Jul 21, 2014
Savant wrote:
<quoted text>So you don't believe that you8 ladies are the gentler sex? Are you held back from being as violent as many men only by lack of power or opportunity?
I believe that there are some women if they were in the position of power would be malicious, calculating, etc.

Level 8

Baltimore, Md.

#21 Jul 21, 2014
Phoenix Ascended wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that there are some women if they were in the position of power would be malicious, calculating, etc.
Someone posts icons for "disagree" and "nuts". But even if one concedes that women are GENERALLY more merciful and less violent than men, it the FACT can hardly have escaped the notice of any observant person that SOME women are malicious and calculating.
It it is true that most (90%) violent crimes are committed by men, it's obvious who commits the remaining 10% Most serial killers are male, but some are female. Most rapists are male, but some are female. Those are facts--not "nuts." And if one disagrees one is disagreeing with the facts.

“Repent and worship God”

Location hidden

#22 Jul 21, 2014
Savant wrote:
<quoted text>Someone posts icons for "disagree" and "nuts". But even if one concedes that women are GENERALLY more merciful and less violent than men, it the FACT can hardly have escaped the notice of any observant person that SOME women are malicious and calculating.
It it is true that most (90%) violent crimes are committed by men, it's obvious who commits the remaining 10% Most serial killers are male, but some are female. Most rapists are male, but some are female. Those are facts--not "nuts." And if one disagrees one is disagreeing with the facts.
Sir, I noticed that often there are negative icons attached to posts written by people who speak the truth unapologetically.

History bears the fact that there were some women in a position of power who mirrored their male counterparts in ruthlessness.

Level 8

Baltimore, Md.

#24 Jul 23, 2014
Phoenix Ascended wrote:
<quoted text>
Sir, I noticed that often there are negative icons attached to posts written by people who speak the truth unapologetically.
History bears the fact that there were some women in a position of power who mirrored their male counterparts in ruthlessness.
Still the SCALE of female violence is much smaller than male violence. One wonder whether female violence would increase if woman gain equal power or most of the power. Or whether women are GENERALLY less inclined toward, in which case violence would decrease (though not disappear) if women gained the power.

Level 8

Baltimore, Md.

#25 Jul 23, 2014
There has reportedly been an INCREASE in violence by women in the post-1960s era, but still less than male violence.
But I recall reading about one interesting similarity. I must find again the source. About 76% of male violence is directed against other males, in particular assaults and homicides. But I seem to have also read that about 75% of female violence is woman-on-woman violence.

I once had the impression that at least rape was one form of violence that women rarely or never committed. But it seems lately I've read that while this is less often done by women than by men, rape--again assault on women by women--happens more often than has generally been recognized. A Swedish women at a social gathering mentioned being locked up in an American prison and witnessing female on female assaults.

I wonder if the culture isn't encouraging an increase of violence by women, particularly violence against women by women. All those stupid reality shows seem to promote violence between women.

And could it be that when women claim equality within a violent society such as ours without challenging our violent and materialistic values (but rather absorbing them) a certain viciousness grows in female peer groups far beyond what once existed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama has deported more illegals than... 1 min TheOriginalDoby 12
News African-Americans should start voting for Repub... 2 min Sara 67
Why are Africans so UGLY (Oct '15) 4 min james 24
Blacks built nothing 5 min Sicklecell Supporter 2
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min leosnana 1,394,390
Al Qaeda: Orlando Shooter Should Have Targeted ... 12 min Al Awaki 6
Latino men are MADE for Black Women! (Apr '11) 23 min james 661
I need proof that the Ancient Egyptians Were No... (Oct '07) 51 min Anonymous 32,516
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 58 min yisarel 135,923
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 1 hr Anonymous 46,231
Three Iraqi/Sudanese children abused and pissed... 3 hr Marcus Washington 75
More from around the web