|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Bigsmoke wrote:
<quoted text>
You should visit Ireland one day, nice place.
Some English were treated bad too and some Irish were slave owners too. You'd never know.
The truth is, all races have enslaved their own race, or ethnic group somewhere. We are all a product of slave owners, and people being conquered. I had to learn this, so I dont have the victim mentality about things, but I ask question. I will say this, america has a long way to go, the racism here is watered down. Have you seen the movie "roots", or "queen", is it big in england?
Bigsmoke

Halifax, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

BROWNMAN20 wrote:
<quoted text>Not that african looking. She looked like she just stepped off the boat lol. Thats a joke!
LOL, well one can't always tell from looks alone.
Bigsmoke

Halifax, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

BROWNMAN20 wrote:
<quoted text>The truth is, all races have enslaved their own race, or ethnic group somewhere. We are all a product of slave owners, and people being conquered. I had to learn this, so I dont have the victim mentality about things, but I ask question. I will say this, america has a long way to go, the racism here is watered down. Have you seen the movie "roots", or "queen", is it big in england?
True story.

The vast majority of us have slave, slave owning and slave trading ancestry regardless of race or other ethnic background.

I've watched clips from the ''roots'' many people in the UK have watched it, in my area we did so in the community center. It was essentially black + mixed race (black) watching it and almost all wanted to randomly beat up some white person after. I've never heard about ''queen'' though.

“The Love Below”

Level 8

Since: Apr 10

ATL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Bigsmoke wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, well one can't always tell from looks alone.
Nawl, she is virtually pure, and yes, that is true, but she was stereotypical looking. Some will fool you, but I did not believe her one bit. It had to be so long ago, like in 1690 lol.
Black Deal

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Bigsmoke wrote:
<quoted text>True story.

The vast majority of us have slave, slave owning and slave trading ancestry regardless of race or other ethnic background.

I've watched clips from the ''roots'' many people in the UK have watched it, in my area we did so in the community center. It was essentially black + mixed race (black) watching it and almost all wanted to randomly beat up some white person after. I've never heard about ''queen'' though.
Man them Irish slaves to in USA

Queen got Halle berry

Maybe that why she went to white mf for baby

“The Love Below”

Level 8

Since: Apr 10

ATL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Bigsmoke wrote:
<quoted text>
True story.
We earlier mixtures from the irish indentured servants, but many were tooken to barbados as servants/slaves too. I believe this mixing happened for a while, and the term mulatto was put on the census I heard, partially because of this. Im speaking of this part, Im not down playing my african roots like some folks try to say. I have no idea why we AA's dont know anything about our african heritage! I belive they were forbidden to practice their tradtions or something.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 81 - 86 of86
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••