First Prev
of 5
Next Last

“The Love Below”

Level 8

Since: Apr 10

ATL

#1 Feb 11, 2013
Exactly How "Black" Are Black Americans?

* According to Ancestry.com , the average African American is 65 percent sub-Saharan African, 29 percent European and 2 percent Native American.

* According to 23andme.com , the average African American is 75 percent sub-Saharan African, 22 percent European and only 0.6 percent Native American.

* According to Family Tree DNA.com , the average African American is 72.95 percent sub-Saharan African, 22.83 percent European and 1.7 percent Native American.

* According to National Geographic's Genographic Project, the average African American is 80 percent sub-Saharan African, 19 percent European and 1 percent Native American.

* According to AfricanDNA, in which I am a partner with Family Tree DNA, the average African American is 79 percent sub-Saharan African, 19 percent European and 2 percent Native American.

And for our African-American male guests, there has been still another astonishing fact revealed about their paternal ancestry --their father's father's father's line -- through their y-DNA: A whopping 35 percent of all African-American men descend from a white male ancestor who fathered a mulatto child sometime in the slavery era, most probably from rape or coerced sexuality. In other words, if we tested the DNA of all of the black men in the NBA, for instance, just over one-third descend from a white second or third great-grandfather. In my own case, he was my great-great grandfather, and he was most probably of Irish descent, judging from our shared y-DNA haplogroup.

“The Love Below”

Level 8

ATL

#3 Feb 11, 2013
And second, these findings show that the common claim that many African Americans make about their high percentage of Native American ancestry is a myth. Joanna Mountain broke down to me our low amounts of Native American ancestry in this way: "Eighty percent of African Americans have less than 1 percent Native American ancestry. Over 2.5 percent have between 2 percent and 3 percent. And of all African Americans who have at least 1 percent Native American ancestry, the average is two percent Native American." So much for all of those putative Cherokee roots on just about every black person's family tree, fabricated to explain why your great grandmother had "high cheekbones and straight black hair"! Why there is such little evidence of genetic mingling between African Americans and Native Americans deserves a column of its own.
http://mobile.theroot.com/articles/culture/20...

“The Love Below”

Level 8

ATL

#4 Feb 11, 2013
I did 23&me test

AussiPino
Level 5

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#5 Feb 11, 2013
From the physical features of many African-Americans, you can tell that they have some degree of White blood in them. The myth of having "Native-American blood" is still prevalent amongst the African-American mindset, which will take a long time to disappear.

The whole notion of African skin being "recessive" in North America is utter bullsh!t. It is through racial mixing that made many African-Americans look lighter than their counterparts in West Africa.

“I love being a Black Man”

Level 8

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#6 Feb 11, 2013
BROWNMAN20 wrote:
I did 23&me test
So how white are you?
Panther

Birmingham, UK

#7 Feb 11, 2013
People like you believe anything the White Man tells you. It's pathetic. Look at you scrambeling on your hands and knees just for a FRAGMENT of the White Mans DNA.
Panther

Birmingham, UK

#8 Feb 11, 2013
Secondly, if Black Americans are to be considered "mixed" so should White Americans..what about their African DNA? but you see, the difference is the White Man doesn't care, he doesn't want our DNA It's only self hating Black Peope like you that care.
Panther

Birmingham, UK

#9 Feb 11, 2013
Look at you foaming at the mouth for a piece of non-african blood. It's hilarious.

Level 8

Location hidden

#10 Feb 11, 2013
Panther wrote:
Secondly, if Black Americans are to be considered "mixed" so should White Americans..what about their African DNA? but you see, the difference is the White Man doesn't care, he doesn't want our DNA It's only self hating Black Peope like you that care.
Honestly that is why I really don't care so much about these DNA test. IMO, it seems like most Black Americans want to find out about their non-black genes and not necessarily about where their possible African origins are from.

“The Love Below”

Level 8

ATL

#11 Feb 11, 2013
Panther wrote:
Look at you foaming at the mouth for a piece of non-african blood. It's hilarious.
A genetic test is making me foam at the mouth. Tell that to the many AAs that trace their roots to find out who they are. These test give some of us info about the different tribes our ancestors came from as well. I dont give a shiit about a white man, and stating facts, which I did not write the article, its just science to me, but has nothing to do with how I identify. Dont give a f*ck about what you think.

“The Love Below”

Level 8

ATL

#12 Feb 11, 2013
MumRa wrote:
<quoted text>
Honestly that is why I really don't care so much about these DNA test. IMO, it seems like most Black Americans want to find out about their non-black genes and not necessarily about where their possible African origins are from.
Not true. I have posted articles about what tribes in africa we came from as well. I didnt find one with my first test, I will take another one to get insight on my african roots.

“The Love Below”

Level 8

ATL

#13 Feb 11, 2013
I bet I have nigerian ancestry.
nawdawg

Howell, MI

#14 Feb 11, 2013
the white man does want our dna there was a guy claiming 10 percent so he could get the black government loan..

o yea and my cousint used to claim black.. even though he's like.. what 20 percent??

but he stopped claiming it when blacks was picking on him..
nawdawg

Howell, MI

#15 Feb 11, 2013
you blacks dont' deserve whites claiming your dna..
nawdawg

Howell, MI

#16 Feb 11, 2013
but even then it really doesn't matter because it's kind of dumb that those "white folk" deny their own dna.. if your not pure your not pure.. just get over it..
nawdawg

Howell, MI

#17 Feb 11, 2013
in history class I learned that asians had bigger boats than white people..

if asians enslaved black people instead of whites everyone woulda been smarter..

Level 8

Location hidden

#18 Feb 11, 2013
BROWNMAN20 wrote:
<quoted text>Not true. I have posted articles about what tribes in africa we came from as well. I didnt find one with my first test, I will take another one to get insight on my african roots.
I wasn't speaking about you directly. But I have noticed that when most Blacks talk about their DNA. It is in regards to proven how little Black they are or how white they are.

“WHAT IF?”

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#19 Feb 11, 2013
BROWNMAN20 wrote:
<quoted text>Not true. I have posted articles about what tribes in africa we came from as well. I didnt find one with my first test, I will take another one to get insight on my african roots.
Interesting.. Did the 23&me test break down your african ancestry. I'm considering african ancestry and heard they have a large data base which could link one to distant relatives, identify african tribes of orgin and non-african heritage. It's interesting but i don't really care to much about the non-african heritage, i'm more interested in the african tribes we descend from. Would you recomend 23&me.

“The Love Below”

Level 8

ATL

#20 Feb 11, 2013
MumRa wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't speaking about you directly. But I have noticed that when most Blacks talk about their DNA. It is in regards to proven how little Black they are or how white they are.
I yhink blacks should learn about the history of africa, and what really happened.
Panther

Birmingham, UK

#21 Feb 11, 2013
MumRa wrote:
<quoted text>
So true man, we should be bothered about which African tribe or country we came from. FINALLY we would have some kind of identity and closure, but all certain Black minoritys are bothered about is what scraps of White DNA and non-african DNA in general they can find. I find it so embarassaing. The fact you have people that are willing to stoop so low that they would claim rape blood? says it all. These so called DNA tests cannot be trusted.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Henry 1,536,607
News Black Is Beautiful, But Hair Is Still Political 6 min NEGROE WILLIE 2
San Francisco Liberal - Murder the elderly 11 min Idiot Detector 41
wtf is ringworm!!!!!! 12 min Educated 26
News 'Racist' Flyers Pressuring Blacks To Report Lat... 31 min NEGROE WILLIE 2
Tiger Woods arrested for DUI 38 min Rotary Rocket 4
Always remember 9/11, but just forget about sla... (Sep '13) 39 min Terence 71
What is wrong with white people? 51 min KIP 28
HA HA HA! Trump cuts $1.7 TRILLION in welfare! 1 hr coretta 246
Are African-Americans the worst ethnic group in... 3 hr 2 Dogs 31