attai=savant??
First Prev
of 269
Next Last

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#5932 Jan 24, 2014
Letting them read the book is okay I guess, as long as they are allowed to question things that were written in that book. Showing them movies is just dumb and lazy.

As a kid I had to watch that stupid movie Schinlder's List in school, and it was presented to me as a true story. Later on I found out that it was a complete fraud.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#5933 Jan 24, 2014
"Schindler's List," is based upon a novel, that is to say, a work of fiction, titled in its first edition, "Schindler's Ark," by the Australian writer Thomas Keneally.

Level 3

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#5934 Jan 24, 2014
Fukobama wrote:
<quoted text>Only if the racism is simply because of color. We all know why blacks are hated to most. Don't we border jumper?
Another coward vainly seeking self-esteem spewing ethnic slur anonymously.

Try it in person, boy.
Masud_S_Hoghughi __

London, UK

#5935 Jan 24, 2014
Ish Tov wrote:
<quoted text>
Another coward vainly seeking self-esteem spewing ethnic slur anonymously.
Try it in person, boy.
I think u need therapy - a frontier psychiatrist..........

“Yes WE Can! Yes we Will!”

Level 8

Since: Jul 07

Baltimore, Md.

#5936 Jan 24, 2014
Walls of Jericho wrote:
<quoted text>
Hollywood movies? Aren't you the one who claimed to be a "teacher"? I am not sure, but I think it was you. If so, you should quit your job right now. You obviously don't take your job seriously if you consider Hollywood movies as teaching material.
The BOOK is by Solomon Northrup. The movie is based on the book. While I can't be sure about Attai's meaning-- he did say the book is more demanding that the movie, which is hardly surprising--and he seemed to also suggest that Northrup's memoir should be required reading. Unfortuntatlely, most people don't read or settle for light entertainment.(An article read in the 1980s indicated that over 90% of all reading by Americans is done by less than 10% of the population)
I suppose for nonreaders the movie is the next best thing.

But I also prefer books. I think books of substance should be required reading well before the college level

Level 3

Location hidden

#5937 Jan 24, 2014
Masud_S_Hoghughi__ wrote:
<quoted text>I think u need therapy - a frontier psychiatrist..........
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =zUecUKa_yqoXX
Nürnberg, baby.

Level 3

Location hidden

#5938 Jan 24, 2014
Savant wrote:
<quoted text> The BOOK is by Solomon Northrup. The movie is based on the book. While I can't be sure about Attai's meaning-- he did say the book is more demanding that the movie, which is hardly surprising--and he seemed to also suggest that Northrup's memoir should be required reading. Unfortuntatlely, most people don't read or settle for light entertainment.(An article read in the 1980s indicated that over 90% of all reading by Americans is done by less than 10% of the population)
But I also prefer books. I think books of substance should be required reading well before the college level
As well as foreign languages.

Level 8

Since: Oct 09

Paris France

#5940 Jan 25, 2014
Savant wrote:
<quoted text> The BOOK is by Solomon Northrup. The movie is based on the book. While I can't be sure about Attai's meaning-- he did say the book is more demanding that the movie, which is hardly surprising--and he seemed to also suggest that Northrup's memoir should be required reading. Unfortuntatlely, most people don't read or settle for light entertainment.(An article read in the 1980s indicated that over 90% of all reading by Americans is done by less than 10% of the population)
The book is even stronger and goes deeper than the movie, which is a good movie by the way and acclaimed here by critics too.

Moreover the book, recently republished, was fact checked at the time already and Solomon Northup is just telling the infamous, horrible truth upon Old South.
He is so kind as to find some of us white folks to be nice to him.

An interesting thing the movie is not underlining : it took NINE years to him to get a piece of paper in order to write a first letter he was forced to burn before his brutal and sadistic master could find it after having been betrayed by ... a white guy.

One thing that shows Amerikkka is still here from 1853 to 2014 : in the trial of his abuser, the slave trader Burch (or Birch), the judge in the DC court refused that he could speak on his own abduction and beatings and illegal detention. Because of a "man of color" could then not be heard in a case involving any white person !
Then you remember the Trayvon Martin case 150 years later ...

an erudite whiteboi

Level 8

Baltimore, Md.

#5941 Jan 25, 2014
attai1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The book is even stronger and goes deeper than the movie, which is a good movie by the way and acclaimed here by critics too.
Moreover the book, recently republished, was fact checked at the time already and Solomon Northup is just telling the infamous, horrible truth upon Old South.
He is so kind as to find some of us white folks to be nice to him.
An interesting thing the movie is not underlining : it took NINE years to him to get a piece of paper in order to write a first letter he was forced to burn before his brutal and sadistic master could find it after having been betrayed by ... a white guy.
One thing that shows Amerikkka is still here from 1853 to 2014 : in the trial of his abuser, the slave trader Burch (or Birch), the judge in the DC court refused that he could speak on his own abduction and beatings and illegal detention. Because of a "man of color" could then not be heard in a case involving any white person !
Then you remember the Trayvon Martin case 150 years later ...
an erudite whiteboi
Interestingly enough, the person editing the new edition of Solomon Northrup's memoir will be speaking at Enoch Pratt this Thursday.
Also, check your email. Ever hear of George Jackson or the book called SOLEDAD BROTHER? I sent you some info, but not in this place.
T-B0S

Atlanta, GA

#5942 Feb 6, 2014
Walls of Jericho wrote:
<quoted text>
Hollywood movies? Aren't you the one who claimed to be a "teacher"? I am not sure, but I think it was you. If so, you should quit your job right now. You obviously don't take your job seriously if you consider Hollywood movies as teaching material.
You're probably onto something.

Level 8

Baltimore, Md.

#5943 Feb 8, 2014
T-B0S wrote:
<quoted text>
You're probably onto something.
This from a woman who thinks that Youtube clips, dating site ads and other such trivia constitutes scholarly evidence for her shallow comprehension of social reality.
T-B0S

Atlanta, GA

#5944 Mar 6, 2014
Whether I post messages on here or not, the real world is still gonna be the real world....and that world is as different from Angry Black Theory as day from night.
Hybrid Moments

New York, NY

#5945 Mar 7, 2014
Loulou | Aug 11, 2013
I can honestly say I'm very happy to have light olive skin, bright green eyes and my own natural 25" blonde curly hair.
If you really do need to insult white ppls skincolor and the way we look. And compare us to animals. Just remember we are not the ones having black gums. I mean black gums!!!!! Wigs are made out of animalhair sometimes. So shut up.
Report this post

http://m.topix.com/forum/afam/TU7QDIC1MFTQ3S2...

HAHAHAHA!!! The things you find while browsing.:) Doesn't clash with anything ELSE she says HERE now does it? HAHAHA!!!

Level 8

Baltimore, Md.

#5947 Mar 7, 2014
T-B0S wrote:
Whether I post messages on here or not, the real world is still gonna be the real world....and that world is as different from Angry Black Theory as day from night.
The real world is certainly the real world, but it takes someone with greater mental stability and capacity for critical analysis than T-Bos, to discern anything of substance about the world.

Level 8

Baltimore, Md.

#5949 Mar 8, 2014
<quoted text>..........reality is perception mah nicca..........
What would a blind man like Masud know about perception or reality?

Level 8

Baltimore, Md.

#5950 Mar 8, 2014
Walter Henrickson wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't you one time say that "racism" should be officially classified as a mental disorder?
No, I didn't say racism should be dismissed. But it is, among other things, a mental illness. A form of madness. But it is too dangerous to be lightly dismissed. Hitler proved that.

Level 8

Baltimore, Md.

#5952 Mar 10, 2014
<quoted text>..........knigros also have a higher rate of mental illness than any other race..........thats y we c niccuz talkin to deyseffs on the street - they're schizophrenic..........
You are evidence to the contrary, as are all your fellow white racist scalawags.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 269
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Eminem is the greatest rapper alive 4 min Sir Magnificent 60
Van Sertima debunked! Afronazis Drowning in Tears! 5 min Don Barros Serrano 464
WE will continue to breed with White , Asian, a... 5 min guest 25
My beautiful daughter 5 min Tamale 5
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 5 min Raada 120,850
Why do good looking black women like white men ... (Sep '12) 8 min madison 6,892
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min shinningelectr0n 1,233,668
why do white people hate other races so much 18 min PolakPotrafi 472
Blacks Are Biologically Superior To Whites (Sep '12) 2 hr PolakPotrafi 334
More from around the web