Loulou

Copenhagen, Denmark

#2924 Nov 25, 2013
Walter Henrickson wrote:
<quoted text>
We have two different cultures, Denmark and the U.S./Australia. After they banned firearms in Australia they murder rate increased slightly. Here in the U.S. we have very liberal gun laws when compared to the rest of the world. I'm not saying Denmark or any other country should necessarily adopt our way. As to your question about "what if you shoot a wrong person," it has been shown that the error rate of law enforcement officers is greater than private citizens. What that means is that cops shoot the wrong person more often than private citizens do. Cops have a much more difficult job, so that's to be expected. But that does show you that armed citizens, exercising their constitutional rights, are responsible. You have to also understand the nature of the U.S. You Scandinavians live in a relatively homogeneous society, societies which tend to be more socially cohesive. They tend to have more social capital and more desire to contribute to these things. We don't, unfortunately. I quite literally agonize over the fact that you haven't learned from us, and that you are importing the third world into your countries. Good luck with that. You now have a big problem on your hands.
The constitutional right, Bill of Rights 2nd admentment, was ratified some 230 years ago. So I don't understand what you're babbling about. You were as scared back then, as you are today.
Of course some situations can be scary, and lethal in the extreme situation. Then by all means do tell me why you still have so much violence and why you think weapons are helpfull preventing crimes. Education is more helpfull IMO.
You never know how you're gonna react in the actual situation, what will happen. And if others might be killed too in the process.

Level 3

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#2925 Nov 25, 2013
MAX-- wrote:
<quoted text>
* Nationwide: one-half million self-defense uses. Every year, as many as one-half million citizens defend themselves with a firearm away from home.[9]* Concealed carry laws are dropping crime rates across the country. A comprehensive national study determined in 1996 that violent crime fell after states made it legal to carry concealed firearms. The results of the study showed:
* States which passed concealed carry laws reduced their murder rate by 8.5%, rapes by 5%, aggravated assaults by 7% and robbery by 3%; [10] and * If those states not having concealed carry laws had adopted such laws in 1992, then approximately 1,570 murders, 4,177 rapes, 60,000 aggravated assaults and over 11,000 robberies would have been avoided yearly.[11]
* Vermont: one of the safest five states in the country. In Vermont, citizens can carry a firearm without getting permission... without paying a fee... or without going through any kind of government-imposed waiting period. And yet for ten years in a row, Vermont has remained one of the top-five, safest states in the union -- having three times received the "Safest State Award."[12]
* Florida: concealed carry helps slash the murder rates in the state. In the fifteen years following the passage of Florida's concealed carry law in 1987, over 800,000 permits to carry firearms were issued to people in the state.[13] FBI reports show that the homicide rate in Florida, which in 1987 was much higher than the national average, fell 52% during that 15-year period -- thus putting the Florida rate below the national average.[14]
I support concealed carry... of a REGISTERED gun. I buy from gun shops and so every purchase is registered, and I have to stand and wait for them to call the FBI or whoever for a background check. While I'm waiting I check out the guns for sale... then I walk out with a legally registered gun and does this violate my rights? No.

I want the right to carry a gun unconcealed, in a holster. But I want the gun to be registered.

Is that too much for you, you dittoheaded dullard?

You f'ing rednecks are f'ing up this country with your STUPIDITY, boy!
Shining in darkness

Brisbane, Australia

#2926 Nov 25, 2013
Ish Tov wrote:
<quoted text>
These rednecks claim they're protecting themselves with their guns, but does that ever happen? Do they solve any crime problem with guns? No, if anyone broke in, these rednecks would shoot themselves in the foot.
Rednecks hoarding Bushmasters are thinking more of having a violent rebellion against the government, since they hate democracy and are at heart fascists. They're not crime-fighting, LOL!!!
I walk around in public all the time and nobody has shot at me yet...
Such trash Bazza. I am not from the USA and even I know the whole purpose of the 2nd is protect the citizens from a tyrannical government. Pity we didn't have the same here.
Shining in darkness

Brisbane, Australia

#2927 Nov 25, 2013
Ish Tov wrote:
<quoted text>
I support concealed carry... of a REGISTERED gun. I buy from gun shops and so every purchase is registered, and I have to stand and wait for them to call the FBI or whoever for a background check. While I'm waiting I check out the guns for sale... then I walk out with a legally registered gun and does this violate my rights? No.
I want the right to carry a gun unconcealed, in a holster. But I want the gun to be registered.
Is that too much for you, you dittoheaded dullard?
You f'ing rednecks are f'ing up this country with your STUPIDITY, boy!
Registration will lead to confiscation. Maybe not straight away but it will. I wonder if the criminals will register their weapons?.
Loulou

Copenhagen, Denmark

#2928 Nov 25, 2013
Loulou

Copenhagen, Denmark

#2929 Nov 25, 2013
Lady Greensleeves wrote:
<quoted text>
If someone whom I love or my own *life* is in danger, then who the h#ll cares about so-called "bravery"?
If you've never been in the extreme situation. And are this fortunate. You don't know how you're gonna react. That's one thing you forget to take into consideration.
So many things can go wrong. Again you're babbling. You come across a draft and very unrational.
Shining in darkness

Brisbane, Australia

#2930 Nov 25, 2013
Loulou wrote:
<quoted text>
If you've never been in the extreme situation. And are this fortunate. You don't know how you're gonna react. That's one thing you forget to take into consideration.
So many things can go wrong. Again you're babbling. You come across a draft and very unrational.
What do you know about extreme situations?.
Drilling for the nerve

Rochester, NY

#2931 Nov 25, 2013
Shining in darkness wrote:
<quoted text>Registration will lead to confiscation. Maybe not straight away but it will. I wonder if the criminals will register their weapons?.

Under the Obama Administration, the criminal class has become the protected, criminal class. If the marxists succeed in disarming Conservative Patriotic Americans, then only the protected, criminal class will have access to guns and ammunition.

If someone like Full of Ish can pass a background check, then only 2 conclusions can be drawn: membership in La Raza is not a deterrent to legally owning a gun, and background checks are flawed.
Shining in darkness

Brisbane, Australia

#2932 Nov 25, 2013
Drilling for the nerve wrote:
<quoted text>
Under the Obama Administration, the criminal class has become the protected, criminal class. If the marxists succeed in disarming Conservative Patriotic Americans, then only the protected, criminal class will have access to guns and ammunition.
If someone like Full of Ish can pass a background check, then only 2 conclusions can be drawn: membership in La Raza is not a deterrent to legally owning a gun, and background checks are flawed.
Crims are a protected class throughout the entire Western world. One can only hope the nastier ones get taken out by the other inmates.

Crims have no trouble getting guns in Australia.

Myself on the other hand attempted to join a pistol club and eneded up giving up the idea due to the mountains of red tape which are ongoing even after you get the license.
Loulou

Copenhagen, Denmark

#2933 Nov 25, 2013
I think the best one's Walter's : " It's expected the law enforcement to have a higher errorrate due to shooting ppl. Their job is so difficult ".
Nothing about the police has a legitimate right to use force and their extensive responsability .
Pleeeeease!
What a retard would accept such an imbecil conclution. Green - with -the - low - IQ would.
Walter you little burrito, geeeeeez. Lol
Old Friend of the Family

Ridgewood, NJ

#2934 Nov 25, 2013
Loulou wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I'd like to think there is a princip of proportion. Example: I cannot and do not own a gun. If I did own one, I'd think it'd be crazy to shoot a burglar who'd breake in for whatever jewelry or cash. I can learned how to react - psychologically. I've learned selfdefence without the use of weapons.
What if he didn't break in for jewelry or cash but to sexually assault you with his IV positive gang of thugs?
Will you use a Jedi Mind Trick to stop them?
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/features/blogs...
Old Friend of the Family

Ridgewood, NJ

#2935 Nov 25, 2013
"HIV-positive man rapes girlfriend, douses her in gasoline"
So let me ask you: Does anyone here doubt that this guy RICHLY DESERVES to be put down like a feral peccary?
Loulou

Copenhagen, Denmark

#2936 Nov 25, 2013
Old Friend of the Family wrote:
<quoted text>
What if he didn't break in for jewelry or cash but to sexually assault you with his IV positive gang of thugs?
Will you use a Jedi Mind Trick to stop them?
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/features/blogs...
You should rather ask yourself why those crimes are still happening even it's legal to wear a gun.
So weapons do not after all prevent those nasty crimes from happening in the first place .
Loulou

Copenhagen, Denmark

#2937 Nov 25, 2013
"HIV-positive man rapes girlfriend, douses her in gasoline"
So let me ask you: Does anyone here doubt that this guy RICHLY DESERVES to be put down like a feral peccary?
Well, what you and I and others think he deserves is one thing. It's still up to the court to decide.
Old Friend of the Family

Ridgewood, NJ

#2938 Nov 25, 2013
Loulou wrote:
<quoted text>

So weapons do not after all prevent those nasty crimes from happening in the first place .
I can guarantee you if he showed up on MY doorstep, he'd never do it again....
Loulou

Copenhagen, Denmark

#2939 Nov 25, 2013
<quoted text>
Are we talking vigilantism here or what.
Loulou

Copenhagen, Denmark

#2940 Nov 25, 2013
<quoted text>
If he showed up on your doorstep and had done nothing to you and if he's no threat to you. All you need to do is call the police. If possible and he's no danger to you hold him back till the police arrives.
Old Friend of the Family

Ridgewood, NJ

#2941 Nov 25, 2013
Loulou wrote:
<quoted text>
Are we talking vigilantism here or what.
Serious question: Do you believe an HIV positive rapist who burns women with gasoline deserves to live on this Earth ONE more day?
If so, may I ask what he's contributing to the world except disease and mindless violence?
Loulou

Copenhagen, Denmark

#2942 Nov 25, 2013
<quoted text>
Serious question: Do you believe an HIV positive rapist who burns women with gasoline deserves to live on this Earth ONE more day?
If so, may I ask what he's contributing to the world except disease and mindless violence?
It's not what I think. I do not support deathpenalty.
The mainreason is an innocent could be executed.
But I'm all in for keeping a man like that behind bars till he's no longer a danger to others. And untill he's served a sentence given to him by the court.
It's worth taking into consideration if he's mentally ill or not.

Level 2

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#2943 Nov 25, 2013
Loulou wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, he explains things so well, that even you understand why it's expected for the cops to have a higher error rate. It's because their jobs are so difficult. Smh
Dummies Lol .
I'm going to use the general "his/him/man/men" for this post.

Their jobs *are* difficult.(You don't *know* that? They put their lives in danger every workday.) I will also add that their jobs are very often highly *erratic*. It is natural for them to walk into an anomalous situation. The Academy tries to train them for that, but how does one *truly* train for the *unexpected*?

Policemen never know *what* to expect when they stop a car, enter a house, trail a suspect, etc, or simply walk around in their uniforms in a bad neighborhood. I do not blame them *one bit* for feeling high-strung or apprehensive in many haphazard and contingent situations. The first law of our nature is to preserve our own lives. In order to do their jobs, policemen, firemen, and servicemen must battle against that innate law.

The next time you see a policeman, you should *thank him* for putting his life on the line for you *at least* every day that he works. I thank policemen, firemen, and servicemen whenever I'm near them, and they sincerely appreciate it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Realtime 1,174,445
All women prefer white men 4 min TheOriginalDoby 6
I need proof that the Ancient Egyptians Were No... (Oct '07) 5 min Don Barros Serrano 28,686
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 7 min Big Knob 104,959
How has Africa from the begining of time influe... (May '13) 11 min Don Barros Serrano 3,492
Kerry Washington 11 min UruEuWauWau 20
Name something POSITIVE about black people. 16 min Fried Chicken Seller 361
IRRBW and IRRWM is okay. IRRBM and IRRWW is wrong 33 min UruEuWauWau 44
Are black people natural savages? (Nov '11) 1 hr Suebi212 166
More from around the web