Do you think racism in this country is going to get worse?

Posted in the African-American Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7

“Dont Play With Me”

Level 4

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Because if anything, it seems to me that we are becoming more divided and moving backwards as a nation. There seems to be an extremely strong anti Black sediment in this nation(not that it already didn't exist) but it seems to me that its coming up more on the forefront and you have these people now who are in political positions of power passing laws just determined to abolish Black civil and voting rights in this country. What is going on? Because Im starting to think that this whole "racial equality" thing here in America is a myth that will never be achieved because you still have a large segment of the American population who have a huge problem with the "darker races"

“What do the stars say......”

Since: May 11

...explore outside the milkway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

It's all about who you know and who you're friends are. As well as who you encounter on a day to day basis.
Axe-Me-Anything

Piscataway, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

"sediment"

smdh

Maybe the rest of the nation just believes it's simply impossible to educate negroes to the point where they can peacefully co-exist with the rest of us.

We gave you a chance. You've failed miserably. You have no one but yourselves to blame for "strong anti-Black SENTIMENT".
brownskin_beauty

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

While america may seem racist especially viewing this site, it's not worse than any other nation. This is probably one of the only nations that you can report someone for doing you wrong or discriminating against you because of your race. I agree that it was stupid that they finally showed equality by letting Gays be free to marry, but then take away voting rights because Obama won presidency, so they feel it's not necessary. America will always be racist, it's natural to have a country full of good and bad people, but if they were more educated, blacks included, on different races, it would end a lot of ignorance, like calling all Latin's Mexican, calling all Asians Chinese and calling all middle eastern Indians. Understanding different cultural customs and belief, might stop a lot of hate, but it's up to people to want to eradicate this ignorance on race and realize we are a human race and skin color is the circumstance of our environment
brownskin_beauty

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Axe-Me-Anything wrote:
"sediment"
smdh
Maybe the rest of the nation just believes it's simply impossible to educate negroes to the point where they can peacefully co-exist with the rest of us.
We gave you a chance. You've failed miserably. You have no one but yourselves to blame for "strong anti-Black SENTIMENT".
I can't speak for all black people, but despite the racist I come across I don't think all people are coward racist who cowardly make racial slurs behind a computer screen. Why do some white find it hard to believe that the few bad black people you encounter don't define us all.

“Dont Play With Me”

Level 4

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Dont feed the trolls sis

Level 8

Since: May 08

Pacific Northwest

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Girl18 wrote:
Because if anything, it seems to me that we are becoming more divided and moving backwards as a nation. There seems to be an extremely strong anti Black sediment in this nation(not that it already didn't exist) but it seems to me that its coming up more on the forefront and you have these people now who are in political positions of power passing laws just determined to abolish Black civil and voting rights in this country. What is going on? Because Im starting to think that this whole "racial equality" thing here in America is a myth that will never be achieved because you still have a large segment of the American population who have a huge problem with the "darker races"
Ultimately it WILL get better. Demographics are on "our" side.

Look at how more of the elite are operating in personal terms: You have a highly conservative, very wealthy U.S. Senator whose son is married to VISIBLY African-American wife... and the marriage is prominent and featured in the national media with proud white-in-laws beaming next to the bride.

But in the short term (2013-2016), things can definitely get worse before they get better. It doesn't help that Barack Obama is a POOR LEADER in many respects. I'm not saying that we'd be better off with Mitt Romney - I highly doubt that.

I'm just saying that President Obama doesn't inspire confidence - which enables racists and Republican legislators to openly insult him more and more and pick on him as a convenient scapegoat as our economy continues to sputter and struggle along.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

549 Users are viewing the African-American Forum right now

Search the African-American Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Grey Ghost 1,078,608
How to divide NEGROES. SHE said and HE said. 2 min DENNIS 1
About foreign born blacks. ---------- 3 min Trouble 382
Random thoughts... (Sep '07) 5 min CEEK 77,816
A&E: Duck Dynasty will continue, religion and g... 6 min yup 13
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 11 min Punchojr 94,300
Juneteenth - " celebrating the end of slavery 12 min Guru 688
Are white women attracted to black men? (Aug '06) 18 min ti amo 2011 119,402
Ku Klux Klan Willing To Work With Blacks To Fig... 40 min paddyomalley 79
Why do blacks claim to be the true Israelites? ... (May '11) 1 hr TheyAreFakers 2,185
•••
•••