First Prev
of 7
Next Last
STEVEN

Hollywood, FL

#125 Mar 2, 2010
TheHardTruths wrote:
<quoted text>
The racists are tired, yet you work with them to try to insult and bring down blacks. Your no better than them. You work with the very same kinds of people that stole this land from the NA, against blacks who have done NOTHING to you. How dumb. It's evident with Mexicans and Latino's like you, that blacks aren't the only "minority" that can be self hating WHITE supremacist Uncle Toms...
But I will agree with you one one thing, yes, the Natives here were far more advanced than the Europeans. EVERYBODY was more advanced than the Europeans....They just discovered fire and how to bathe frequently...
YOU RETARDS STILL THINK THAT THE NATIVES WERE MORE CIVILIZED, DON'T MAKE ME LAUGH, WHY THE HELL DID THEY GAVE UP THEIR LAND!!!
YOU KNOW WHY MORON BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T HAVE THE SMARTS TO INVENT
MODERN FIREARMS ALL THEY HAD WERE BOWS AND ARROWS AND STONES.
NOR DID THEY HAVE HORSES, THE SPANISH BROUGHT THE HORSES TO THE NEW WORLD MORON. EDUCATE YOURSELF IDIOT.
GOE

Hollywood, FL

#126 Mar 2, 2010
king_spade wrote:
<quoted text>
The Cubans I talked to were in Havana, Cuba and I hung out everyday with these Cubans in Havana, Cuba when I was there. I walked around vedado and old havana. And before I went to Cuba, I had all these fears about how terrible Cuba would be and how unhappy the average Cuban probably was. I also thought that being a black guy, I would get stopped at least ten times a day because Cuban people were so racist.....
Then I got to Cuba. I was able to walk around everywhere in Havana, Cuba on the streets. I saw cops on street corners but I never got stopped once, not even to ask if I was a tourist. And this was in Vedado (the more modern area) and Old Havana (the more run down looking area). I took the public bus to any areas I couldn't walk to and had no problems on it. I talked with my Cuban friends about how they felt Cuba was being run and they were able to tell me about the positives and the negatives, they weren't living in fear. And crime ? HA! Crime that I saw in Havana was the occassional street guys trying to hussle you for some money OR some guys trying to sell fake/stolen cigars/goods on the street. Very mild considering my biggest worries in Canada and America are getting robbed at gunpoint, street gangs looking for problems and drug dealers. I'm willing to bet Cuba is a hell of a lot safer than Miami too despite the fact that so many Cubans live in Miami. And as far as being happy goes, Cubans were happy just to go to the Malecon and hang. If guys with instruments came, they'd start singing and dancing like they didn't have a care in the world. You see black and white hanging together easily. You see interracial couples. It was was peaceful.
Cuba is definitely not perfect, which even the Cubans I was hanging with were willing to admit. Cuba has it's racism, sure. It has it's poverty, sure. But Havana, Cuba is nothing like so many people tried to tell me it would be like. If Fidel is such a horrible human being, I should have seen a lot worse in Cuba but I didn't.
MY FRIEND CUBA DOES NOT HAVE THE CRIME THAT WE SEE IN OTHER PARTS OF THE WORLD, THE REASON FOR IT IS BECAUSE IF YOU COMMIT A CRIME SUCH AS A MURDER YOUR GOING TO DO 25 YEARS OR MORE WITHOUT NO TRIAL NO QUESTION ABOUT IT BUT CUBA IN GENERAL HAS ALWAYS BEEN KNOWN TO NOT HAVE MANY MURDERS IT WAS ALMOST UNKNOWN ONLY WHEN THE TAKE OVER OF CASTRO WHOM YOU PEOPLE THINK HE'S GOD AND THE SAVOR TO THE CUBANS ESPECIALLY THE BLACK CUBANS YEA RIGHT KEEP BELIEVING IT PEOPLE ARE SCARED TO SPEAK OUT BECAUSE THEY KNOW THAT THEY WILL GO DIRECTLY TO JAIL AND JAIL IN CUBA IS NOT TWO MONTHS FOR PETTY THEFT LIKE IT IS IN THE U.S. NO WERE TALKING YEARS AND YEARS BUDDY.
Mamon

Hilo, HI

#127 Mar 22, 2010
Galicianknight wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Most Cuban Whites tend to be descendants of various European groups, not just Spaniards. There is no "Spanish" or "Portuguese" phenotype, it varies by region.
And Spaniards differ immensly in looks from Turks, Iranians and North Indians.
True that.
Cuban

Hialeah, FL

#128 Apr 18, 2010
Well its true because i was born in Cuba and i have not one drop of black blood.I'm a Galicia descent and the descent galician descent is not far away. I even have family there that still lives in Spain. Well i imigrated to USA a couple of years ago. And all said there its true. Some pure white people may appear dark because of getting Cuba's strong sun everyday for their whole life. I used to be so dark skinned that appeared indian but when i got here and stopped getting sun my skin is white as milk.
Krystal

Philadelphia, PA

#129 Feb 15, 2011
Who is the ignoramous who posted the pictureds of the whites and blacks. First of all, all of those people ar emixed. Top is visibly mixed. They look similar to the rapper Pitbull wjo is pale in skin tone but mixed. And the socalled blacks are also mixed West Africans do not have curly hair.
jose

Hollywood, FL

#130 May 7, 2011
most of the Spanish population who went to Cuba were from the Basque region of Spain, which is by France. and the people there dont even speak "spanish", they speak basque which is similar to Irish or Welsh. in other words, the cuban spaniards were as white as you could get, think of a irishmen or german looking person, and thats the cubano of white / spanish ancestry. yet nearly all cubans even the so called "white" ones are brown, and often have curly hair like a black person...most all cubans today are mixed race. white cuban is a redundant term, its like saying obama is a pure african.

“I live in my own little world”

Level 8

Since: Mar 10

But it's ok, they know me here

#131 May 7, 2011
jose wrote:
most of the Spanish population who went to Cuba were from the Basque region of Spain, which is by France. and the people there dont even speak "spanish", they speak basque which is similar to Irish or Welsh. in other words, the cuban spaniards were as white as you could get, think of a irishmen or german looking person, and thats the cubano of white / spanish ancestry. yet nearly all cubans even the so called "white" ones are brown, and often have curly hair like a black person...most all cubans today are mixed race. white cuban is a redundant term, its like saying obama is a pure african.
May be of interest, though you seem informed.

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/black-in-latin-americ...
Clint

Calabasas, CA

#132 Nov 25, 2011
Most Cubans I have known will not date or have close ties to Blacks, Cuban or not. During pre castro cuba cubans segregated bathrooms, swimming pools and private clubs by race. Whites clubs would not allow any blacks or Mullatos and the Mullatos would not allow blacks into thier clubs.Cuba had a racial caste system prior to Castro. It also had freedom and a fair amount of prosperity. Thier was a social drive to always maintain the white spanish race and white culture above all else.
eduardo_atx

Cedar Park, TX

#133 Feb 27, 2012
Honestamente, es una pena ver a mi pueblo cubano casi apuñalandose uno al otro sólo por el color de la piel o por raza como estoy viendo en este foro. Se que esto está ya bien viejo, de mas de dos años, pero no me podia quedar quieto sin decir algo.
Es verdad que en Cuba la mayor parte de la población es blanca, al menos de piel. Así y todo es bien común y facil encontrar en cuba gente de sangre mestiza entre blanco y negro. Yo diría con seguridad que facilmente 5 o 6 de cada 10 cubanos pueden identificar un pariente directo o lejano negro. Acordemonos del popular dicho "Aqui el que no tiene de congo, tiene de carabalí".
Quisiera saber por que gente como Galicianknight se atreven a comentar sobre este tema, y mas cuando en ningún momento este personaje menciona haber viajado alguna vez en su vida a Cuba. Si regresan al principio de este foro verán que el habla sobre la experiencia de un tal amigo de el que viajó a Cuba. Y para mas, hasta dudas tengo de que él hable español, lo cual de ser cierto le impide entender muchas cosas.
Conozco muy de cerca lo que es la negación entre algunos cubanos cuando se trata de su raza. Mi madre y sus dos hermanas nunca han aceptado que su papa, mi abuelo, es un mulato dominicano. Mas me frustra cuando tienen primos y familiares en Republica Dominicana que son mulatos.
Al usuario EL PINGON, muy vulgar tu nombre por cierto, si tienes razón, en Cuba hay gente que no tiene ni esta sola gota de sangre mestiza. Pero tambien te aseguro que no son la mayoría ni tampoco la norma.
Aqui están... un par de fotos mias para que vean como los blancos en Cuba si pueden tener sangre negra. Yo soy Cubano, de Santiago, y parezco un blanquito cualquiera y tengo un abuelo mulato de Republica Dominicana. Quizas sea que mi entorno es de gente con sangre mestiza pero casi toda amistad que tengo sigue esta norma.
Fotos:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/849/1340...
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/17/p1010...

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#134 Feb 27, 2012
Well, that's good to know...I hope the black cubans don't mix with the mulattoes or whites and stay pure.
DevilMayhem666

Camden, NJ

#135 Mar 8, 2012

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#136 Jun 19, 2012
Galicianknight wrote:
<quoted text>
My dad is galician and he's pretty tall. Shortness is not a "Spanish" feature, it's typically a Mediterrenean feature (although there are tall mediterreneans), but there are tons of Spaniards who have nordic, alpine etc. phenotypes. Just because she's tall doesn't mean she's part Black, that's ridiculous.
Being ridiculous is a virtue on this forum.
Candela

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#137 Apr 27, 2013
Look at the Cuban sports teams and there'll black and mulatto I know Cubans who look Indian. It's like everywhere in America they're all mixed like Hitler said Mutt land And that goes for the US and Canada If you want to stay pure white move to Norway
Half breed Cuban

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#138 Apr 27, 2013
Walking around America these days I don't see one pure black they get whiter every generation When I was in school three decades ago there are a lot of pure blacks now I don't see any The Obama effect it's the future And it started in Latin America Cuba Dominican Republic Puerto Rico Etc. etc. etc.
Amelia Sugar COCAINE

Castle Rock, CO

#139 Apr 27, 2013
Yes most Cubans do look only white. They have heavy Spanish ancestry. I think a lot of Colombians also look full white.
The new Miami Cubans

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#141 Apr 27, 2013
Barack Obama was the first Democratic president to win the Cuban American vote. And since the old white Cubans always vote Republican what does that say? The mulatto Cubans are now the majority
The new Miami Cubans

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#142 Apr 27, 2013
Soon the United States will be a halfbreed country give it another 20 years, It's part of the American experience, And it's the second largest Spanish-speaking country in the world. Racial mixing is the American way it started 400 years ago and it will continue forever. Just like Cuba in the Dominican Republic

Level 6

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#143 Apr 27, 2013
Cuban would be just another Haiti if Fidel Castro wasn't there.
White Cuban Guy

Houston, TX

#144 Mar 1, 2014
Galician is right on! After 1903 when the US pulled out of Cuba and turned the government over to a small group of Euro-Cuban governors, the government realized that Whites were a small minority on the formerly commercial island. They opened it's doors to Spain, Portugal, France, Italy, Germany, UK, Lebanon, Syria, etc........Add Ellis Island immigrants that were redirected to Cuba (Polish Jews ..many) then add the Spanish Revolution of the 30's and you have a pretty White Country.....FACT:(look it up) in 1958-9 timeframe, Cuba's racial make up was 80% White, 15% Mulato and Asian, 5% Pure African. Any 1950's American World Almanac will confirm this. I have one.

This racial mixing scheme was a communist tactic to rob everyone of their identity (white, black and other). Since the 80's, Castro has been importing Angolans, Haitians, Jamaicans and others to Cuba to make it look blacker than it is. That isn't racial equality, that's typical communist deception and tyranny.

I was born in Cuba and except for TV programs in Spain, never saw a person of color until I reached the US. Cubans were raised in a society based on "separate but equal". No one was told that they were inferior just because they were different. Differences were iconic of the individual and his or her group, not dividing lines.
Abreu

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#145 Jan 15, 2017
I am a blonde Cuban with curly hair and blue eyes and both my grandmothers are African.
So believe it! every Cuban is mix one way or the other... &#9994;&#127996;&# 9994;&#127997;&#9994; &#127999;

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Honky poster do the groids hate the most? 1 min THX Lord of Blacks 10
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Obama Muslim 1,583,606
What. 2 min Ugly monkeys 4
Wow, 68% of Black girls under 10 years old rape... 7 min sbt 1
Power of Master Lee for President. 8 min sbt 32
white men the BIGGEST rapists WORLDWIDE. 11 min FireFellow44 14
Doe's Coretta secretly like white guys? 14 min Ttt 56
News POLL: Most Black Americans Don't Want Confedera... 1 hr Retribution 69
Rape by Cop 1 hr The Power Of Mast... 60
News Trump's lack of moral compass leaves America on... 9 hr Marcus Washington 249
More from around the web