Cuba is not mostly mixed-race

Posted in the African-American Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Since: Dec 09

Oradell, NJ

#1 Feb 18, 2010
My friend went to Cuba and drove all around the island and found that the majority of the people are either extremely White or Extremely black, no in-betweens. Race-mixing is a recent phenomenon in Cuba and isn't catching on much, most Cubans either look like this:
http://www.expertclick.com/Images/NRWUpload/C...

or like this:
http://www.therealcuba.com/Belafonte6.jpg

You can search "Cubans" or "Cubanos" on google images, and even in the pictures of Cuba, almost everyone is either pure White or pure Black. Cuba has more people of purely black descent than the Dominican Republic, and at the same time more people of purely white descent than Puerto Rico, it's almost 50-50 between Whites and Blacks.

So please, don't believe this majority mulatto B.S. Cuba is almost 50-50 between pure black and pure white people with a mulatto majority, probably something like this:

45-40% White
40% Pure Black
15-20% Mulatto

Oradell, NJ

#2 Feb 18, 2010
my bad, "with a multto minority" is what I meant to say
Barros Serrano

United States

#3 Feb 18, 2010
I knew a blond Cuban who told me that everyone there is mixed, that every so-called pretendido white Spanish-blood had an African in the closet.

She was about 6 ft tall, and said, you think I look white but are Spanish women this tall? I'm part African...

Gallego you're a racist and nothing you say is taken seriously, boy.

Oradell, NJ

#4 Feb 18, 2010
Barros Serrano wrote:
I knew a blond Cuban who told me that everyone there is mixed, that every so-called pretendido white Spanish-blood had an African in the closet.
She was about 6 ft tall, and said, you think I look white but are Spanish women this tall? I'm part African...
Gallego you're a racist and nothing you say is taken seriously, boy.
My dad is galician and he's pretty tall. Shortness is not a "Spanish" feature, it's typically a Mediterrenean feature (although there are tall mediterreneans), but there are tons of Spaniards who have nordic, alpine etc. phenotypes. Just because she's tall doesn't mean she's part Black, that's ridiculous.

Oradell, NJ

#5 Feb 18, 2010
And if that's her standard for mixed-raceness, I highly doubt that Cuba is mostly mixed liek she says, pure Whites and pure blacks re the majority.
Rated R

Lyndhurst, NJ

#6 Feb 18, 2010
Galicianknight wrote:
And if that's her standard for mixed-raceness, I highly doubt that Cuba is mostly mixed liek she says, pure Whites and pure blacks re the majority.
How do you know they're "pure" white? Remember, if you have one drop of non white blood, you're not white.

Oradell, NJ

#7 Feb 18, 2010
Rated R wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know they're "pure" white? Remember, if you have one drop of non white blood, you're not white.
A good amount of White Americans have native or african blood, if I can trust White Americans, why can't I trust White Cubans or White latin americans in general? Race-mixing is a recent phenomenon, Cuba used to be around 80% White during it's last years under Spanish rule.
Rated R

Lyndhurst, NJ

#8 Feb 18, 2010
Galicianknight wrote:
<quoted text>
A good amount of White Americans have native or african blood, if I can trust White Americans, why can't I trust White Cubans or White latin americans in general? Race-mixing is a recent phenomenon, Cuba used to be around 80% White during it's last years under Spanish rule.
First, I am black, so its not about trust. I'm just using your racist ideology (one drop rule). If someone is a quarter non-white are they still white?

Oradell, NJ

#9 Feb 18, 2010
Rated R wrote:
<quoted text>
First, I am black, so its not about trust. I'm just using your racist ideology (one drop rule). If someone is a quarter non-white are they still white?
I'm not going to assume that just because someone is from Latin America, that they must be mixed. Saying every White-looking Cuban is mixed is like saying every White American is mixed.
Rated R

Lyndhurst, NJ

#10 Feb 18, 2010
Galicianknight wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not going to assume that just because someone is from Latin America, that they must be mixed. Saying every White-looking Cuban is mixed is like saying every White American is mixed.
Actually, its not like saying every White American is mixed. Most likely, that "white" Caribbean has non white ancestry.

Oradell, NJ

#11 Feb 18, 2010
Rated R wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, its not like saying every White American is mixed. Most likely, that "white" Caribbean has non white ancestry.
Cuba has a different racial history from most countries in the Hispanic Caribbean, and Cuba also happens to have recieved more European immigration in recent times than Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic, so I think I can trust them.

Most White Cubans have only been in the country since the Early 1900's or late 1800's, and at that point, Spain tried so hard to whiten up Cuba, that they actually made it illegal for Criollos to leave Cuba and it definitely worked.

Oradell, NJ

#12 Feb 18, 2010
Cuba's racial history is a transition between American racial history and that of South America, the whole "all races living ina colorblind society united by one culture" only happened in Puerto Rico and the DR, not Cuba.

Oradell, NJ

#13 Feb 18, 2010
If you go to LAtin AMerica, you will notice that Whites tend to live mostly amongst eachother, it's ridiculous to hink that they all mix.

Oradell, NJ

#14 Feb 18, 2010
Race-Based Social Clubs in Cuba:
http://www.miamiherald.com/579/story/828413.h...

Race War of 1912:
http://www.historyofcuba.com/history/race/Rac...

This never happened in the recent histories of Puerto Rico, the Dominican Republic, Panama, Venezuela or any other neighboring countries that share the Hispanophone Caribbean culture. Cuba is unique.
Rated R

Lyndhurst, NJ

#15 Feb 18, 2010
Galicianknight wrote:
Race-Based Social Clubs in Cuba:
http://www.miamiherald.com/579/story/828413.h...
Race War of 1912:
http://www.historyofcuba.com/history/race/Rac...
This never happened in the recent histories of Puerto Rico, the Dominican Republic, Panama, Venezuela or any other neighboring countries that share the Hispanophone Caribbean culture. Cuba is unique.
Why do you care if they mix?

Level 1

Since: Feb 10

Etobicoke, Canada

#16 Feb 18, 2010
Rated R wrote:
<quoted text>
says who?

Oradell, NJ

#17 Feb 18, 2010
Rated R wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you care if they mix?
I'm just stating facts, White Cubans do not want to sleep with blacks.
Rated R

Lyndhurst, NJ

#18 Feb 18, 2010
Prince124q wrote:
<quoted text>
says who?
The one drop rule..

Oradell, NJ

#20 Feb 18, 2010
Rated R wrote:
<quoted text>
The one drop rule..
Shutup. If a White Cuban isn't White then neither is a White American, stop with the double standards. If a Cuban's grandparents are straight from la madre patria, should they be considered mixed just because they or their parents were born in Cuba?
Rated R

Lyndhurst, NJ

#21 Feb 18, 2010
Galicianknight wrote:
<quoted text>
Shutup. If a White Cuban isn't White then neither is a White American, stop with the double standards. If a Cuban's grandparents are straight from la madre patria, should they be considered mixed just because they or their parents were born in Cuba?
No. They would be considered "white", but that isn't the case for most "white" Cubans.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Myth of the Kindly General Lee 4 min Paul 5
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Incognito4Ever 1,581,591
Why Are White People On A Black Forum? 7 min Ms Mack 36
Seriously. What's gonna happen to the "sell-out"? 8 min sbt 61
Finally! A 100% CURE for Negro! 11 min FireFellow44 9
Tomi Lehren dating a Black Man!!!! 13 min sbt 63
Destroying statues won't make you slaves White! 15 min Fucisil 69
News Trump's lack of moral compass leaves America on... 32 min sbt 201
First the confederate flag, then the Robert E. ... 1 hr Dan Snow 35
Do black women prefer doggystyle? 10 hr sbt 38