Michael Baisden told BW to Ask, Pay f...

Michael Baisden told BW to Ask, Pay for Dates with BM! lmao

Posted in the African-American Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Sadbuttrue

Falls Church, VA

#1 Oct 3, 2012
Michael Baisden told BW to Ask, Pay for Dates with BM! lmao

Men are the pursue so that won't change. Its reeks of being desperate and it doesn't work.

Positioning yourself to meet men who are attracted to you and ask you out is normal!

Why do Black folks try to get Black women to do abnormal behaviors to attract men who don't have their acts together in most cases?

Very sad!

BlkSelenaGomez
Level 2

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#2 Oct 3, 2012
Micheal Baised is a phony and is NOT really for the community.He is a snake.

“Back on cloud 9 :)”

Level 6

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#3 Oct 3, 2012
I like Baisden but this is nonsense.
I hope there is more to it.

Level 9

Since: Nov 10

#4 Oct 3, 2012
910disaster wrote:
I like Baisden but this is nonsense.
I hope there is more to it.
There is... please you can not believe anything Trulysad says.

Baisden was saying there is nothing wrong for a woman to ask a guy out in this day and time. In other word stop waiting for a Sadie Hawkins day to make the first move. That it's just a date.

“I love being a Black Man”

Level 8

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#5 Oct 3, 2012
That is equality. He is a male feminist!

Level 6

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#6 Oct 3, 2012
what else would we expect to come from sad but true, hall''pathetic......

Level 6

Location hidden

#7 Oct 3, 2012
Hall mark pathetic...

Level 6

Location hidden

#8 Oct 3, 2012
He is trying to help a'a black's to get our act's together OK' lets be appreciative, i also think that bw need to woman- up besides if you bw were to go after us the way that the desperate irr bw go after these wm our problems would almost be soled literally over night.....

Level 6

Location hidden

#9 Oct 3, 2012
Solved''''''

Level 8

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#10 Oct 3, 2012
I adhere to a traditional format of dating where in most cases the man pays. However, there remains some exceptions to the rule. If a woman & a man go out & they already know off top that the situation is going no further than the platonic level, I'd suggest that both parties agree to go dutch.

In fact, I have a few friends, both male & female who all have policies to foot their own side of the bill the first 2-3 dates. I think its kinda wise in that it keeps the bruhvas from being used by a sack chasing, sleeze who's out to get hers AND for the sistas, it sets a tone that she conveys to her date if she's going to be wooed, just the basic "dinner and a movie" ain't gonna cut it. And, in the event that the man their dating has a little money, it communicates to him that it takes more than a few $$$ to lock it down.

So, in some instances, paying just for your portion of the expense is the ideal thing to do...it depends on the people involved.

BlkSelenaGomez
Level 2

Location hidden

#11 Oct 3, 2012
If a man wants a woman he will do what he can to get her.Paying for a man's date is borderline sick.He might as well come in a dress.

J-Town Ninja OhH YeE AhH

“Version 2.0”

Level 5

Location hidden

#12 Oct 3, 2012
guy should pay for the first month of dates... if she doent put out by then, move on... shes using you... write off the 4 or 5 dinner/movies/etc as a bad investment
David B

Baltimore, MD

#13 Oct 3, 2012
J-Town Ninja OhH YeE AhH wrote:
guy should pay for the first month of dates... if she doent put out by then, move on... shes using you... write off the 4 or 5 dinner/movies/etc as a bad investment
Tom Leykis has a 3 strikes and you are out rule.

“Back on cloud 9 :)”

Level 6

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#14 Oct 3, 2012
MsNewNew wrote:
<quoted text>There is... please you can not believe anything Trulysad says.
Baisden was saying there is nothing wrong for a woman to ask a guy out in this day and time. In other word stop waiting for a Sadie Hawkins day to make the first move. That it's just a date.
I knew he wouldnt say something this wreckless.
Thanks for explaining it.

Level 8

Location hidden

#15 Oct 3, 2012
BlkSelenaGomez wrote:
If a man wants a woman he will do what he can to get her.Paying for a man's date is borderline sick.He might as well come in a dress.
I see what you're saying, but its not always that cut & dry.

If both parties are accutely aware of the destiny of them convening that it will never exceed to the area of courtship, much less marriage, it is wise that both parties pay their own way.

In addition to the points in my previous post, going dutch occasionally will help keep both parties from investing both too much time & resources in someone in whom they KNOW will have absolutely no future with whatsoever.

Level 8

Location hidden

#16 Oct 3, 2012
J-Town Ninja OhH YeE AhH wrote:
And, until WE ALL start looking at dating in terms of an "INVESTMENT", I'm afraid we'll all just keep getting burned & set back by it.

BlkSelenaGomez
Level 2

Location hidden

#17 Oct 3, 2012
If you guys are friends then its ok but when it comes to romantic relations its a big fat no.I rather get to know him first before I go on a date,like a test run week .If we dont have anything in common or dont a least laugh with each other by the end of the week.We might as well stay platonic.
bluest

Columbus, OH

#18 Oct 3, 2012
BlkSelenaGomez wrote:
lol. Imo its not a date if I'm paying for myself.

BlkSelenaGomez
Level 2

Location hidden

#20 Oct 3, 2012
bluest wrote:
<quoted text> lol. Imo its not a date if I'm paying for myself.
yes,if its not a date then i will pay for myself.But usually my male friends will pay for me just because.
Nicole Little

Philadelphia, PA

#21 Oct 3, 2012
I'm sorry, but I'm from the old school. I believe that MEN are suppose to pursue the woman. MEN are suppose to be the initiators in relationships. MEN are suppose to ask a woman out. MEN are suppose to pay for the dinner. Unfortunately, the black community is the only community that expect WOMEN to do the abnormal behavior. Black women are NOT men! Stop expecting black women to do a man's job!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Earl 1,743,940
Africa's Greatness ENRAGES the Alt-Right Haters... 9 min BillyDbigballer 19
Two loitering Starbucks arrested. Race card pu... 10 min Savant 205
Shit white people do 17 min Jake 242
Racism in America (May '17) 17 min Apefrica 1,403
Racist Eric Holder & ADL To Give Diversity Trai... 24 min The Patriot 3
Yoofs trash a Walmart: GUESS THE RACE! 25 min Apefrica 79
Starbucks Hate Victims Speak Out 1 hr Paul 49
This is Why White ppl must Go. 2 hr Ihn 51