Black Nurse Who Was Told By Racist To Not Touch Baby Settles Lawsuit

Sep 29, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: NewsOne

Tonya Battle , an African-American nurse at the Hurley Medical Center in Flint, Mich., settled a lawsuit with the hospital, after administrators allowed a racist to stop her, and other Black nurses, from providing care, according to MyFoxDetroit .

Comments
61 - 80 of 170 Comments Last updated Nov 1, 2013
Johnny

Oak Creek, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Capree ----

You said "The freedom of speech is not valid in all areas or circumstances. You can't yell falsely yell fire in a public establishment causing panic nor can you make threats or falsely declared some place will be bombed. Children can't even get away with it without facing charges".----

Your 3 points here, you are absolutely correct.

You said "Teaching your children racism when he/she has to live in the world among many different races of people, should be viewed as form of child abuse".---

Well, if the United States federal government would attempt to make a law regarding this, this would be very problematic.

This is why.---- It deals with freedom of speech. It deals with "thought".

Most of all, this entails with freedom of speech & freedom of thought in peoples homes.
Johnny

Oak Creek, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Capree ---

You said "People can't just do anything just because they are in their homes".--- Correct.

But, with child neglect or physical child abuse.--- These are physical acts which are inflicted upon a child (Or upon children) in a home.

This is seen (Witnessed) directly by people in child protective services. This is an absolute.

You said "And if the speech is damaging to the young minds of children it should be against the law whether it's being taught in their homes or not".----

Well, this is why this is very problematic.----

How would this be constituted in the United States?

Who would constitute this?

If this would be implemented, would ideology & politics come into play?
Johnny

Oak Creek, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Capree ----

You said "each and every society has rules that must be followed and forms of conduct that are not tolerated".----

True.

Yes, there are laws on the books which pertain to Americans not being able to yell fire in a public establishment. Laws on the books which pertain to people not being able to cause panic, not being able to make threats or to declare that a place will be bombed.

But, the federal government attempting to implement a law such as what the poster "Huh" advocated.----- That would be VERY problematic.

Because it deals with speech.

It deals with "thought".

How would "racism" be constituted?

Who would be constituting what racism is?

Johnny

Oak Creek, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Capree ---- An example.---- As to why the federal government implementing a law such as that would be very problematic.----

Who would be constituting what racism is?

If a law such as that would be in place, people in the government would also have the power to go after left wing African American leaders & activists households.

Left wing African American leaders & activists could have their children taken away by the state.

This law could be used as a weapon.

Against certain Americans.

“"Class, the #1 Motivator"”

Level 8

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

This is the jest of things with these people...if you notice all of them are here in the U.S. on our dime, going to our schools, in our forum since they have destroyed their own with hate, trying to talk about us with the same hate they give to each other, worrying about what it is WE DO, putting us down, trying to act like they are better than us...now it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see these people are seriously disturbed...who does that? All of them....are worried about what WE ARE DOING...in OUR lives, in OUR country, on OUR time. Who does that? What the hell is wrong with these people? Why are they so concerned with what goes on with OUR lives? This is OUR country. Who are they to judge us and what for? What we do does not effect them. Are these people disturbed or what? Worried about what WE DO...with OUR lives...Why are they so obsessed with US? Why?

http://www.topix.com/forum/afam/T9SA34JBFU3V5 ...

Level 8

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

Judged:

Masud_S_Hoghughi__ wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry....but not everybody wants to live with kneegros........I kno I sure as ph**k don't.......
I don't like the way u look, smell, behave etc..........
What big dumb sheet niccas you and your family must be!. Immature as hell!

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

Johnny wrote:
Capree ----
You said "The freedom of speech is not valid in all areas or circumstances. You can't yell falsely yell fire in a public establishment causing panic nor can you make threats or falsely declared some place will be bombed. Children can't even get away with it without facing charges".----
Your 3 points here, you are absolutely correct.
You said "Teaching your children racism when he/she has to live in the world among many different races of people, should be viewed as form of child abuse".---
Well, if the United States federal government would attempt to make a law regarding this, this would be very problematic.
This is why.---- It deals with freedom of speech. It deals with "thought".
Most of all, this entails with freedom of speech & freedom of thought in peoples homes.
Thanks but I still say a law could be implemented.

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

Johnny wrote:
Capree ---
You said "People can't just do anything just because they are in their homes".--- Correct.
But, with child neglect or physical child abuse.--- These are physical acts which are inflicted upon a child (Or upon children) in a home.
This is seen (Witnessed) directly by people in child protective services. This is an absolute.
You said "And if the speech is damaging to the young minds of children it should be against the law whether it's being taught in their homes or not".----
Well, this is why this is very problematic.----
How would this be constituted in the United States?
Who would constitute this?
If this would be implemented, would ideology & politics come into play?
Mental abuse is also a form of abuse that can be witnessed also but 1. the child's behavior. 2. the child what 3.What the child says and being asked certain questions about their home and the teachings that goes on in it. Got to run right now but I will be back.

“Handsome white and black men”

Level 8

Interracial love

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

Judged:

Whites had no issue with bw taking care of their babies during slavery and the early 1900s.
Masud_S_Hoghughi __

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

Capree wrote:
<quoted text>
What big dumb sheet niccas you and your family must be!. Immature as hell!
I just feel we need to b honest about the problems presented by blak kneegros........u r the problem - BOTH male and female kneegros, seeing as how u like to differentiate yoseff from the male of your species.........

nobody wants to live with u blax, but not everybody says so due to pc.......

Level 5

Since: Sep 08

Neon City Oh.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

Judged:

The really sad part is knowing that some racist actually had a child.

Level 3

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

Judged:

emperorjohn wrote:
Whites had no issue with bw taking care of their babies during slavery and the early 1900s.
So true

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

Judged:

emperorjohn wrote:
That was when the whites were heap big Massa and black women were poor, defense slave women who they could order about. These are probably poor, uneducated white trash scum who are broke and feeling powerless in the world. They can stand the fact that even some black people are educated, have careers and are above them in status. They can no longer whip or push blacks around any longer to feel superior. So they try to humiliate and make a professional black person that is far above them feel inferior. Now I am not saying that an upper-class educated, well off white couple can't be racist either but they would handle their wishes in the handling of their child with more decorum. A more elitist husband would have arranged for his wife to have their baby in the hospital to ensure everything went well then that day or night whisked his wife and child home or to a private facility with hired private nurses of his choosing to take care of his baby and wife around the clock. They wouldn't have went to a public hospital asking it and their staff to follow their racism like those welfare white scum did.

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

Judged:

Masud_S_Hoghughi__ wrote:
<quoted text>I just feel we need to b honest about the problems presented by blak kneegros........u r the problem - BOTH male and female kneegros, seeing as how u like to differentiate yoseff from the male of your species.........
nobody wants to live with u blax, but not everybody says so due to pc.......
I live in a white neighborhood with my husband you muslin egg sucking sheet nicca. Now what????

“2 Horse Guy in a 1 Horse Town”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

RIDERS UP

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

Judged:

I wonder if the racist idiot would feel the same way if he was in a serious accident and required a trauma team to treat him and some of the team were black?
Areams

Voorhees, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

rayman punching black people..
Areams

Voorhees, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

And indian people too
Areams

Voorhees, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

Masud rayman is punching us..
Areams

Voorhees, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

he's punching your indian half..

“"Class, the #1 Motivator"”

Level 8

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

Judged:

Capree wrote:
<quoted text>
That was when the whites were heap big Massa and black women were poor, defense slave women who they could order about. These are probably poor, uneducated white trash scum who are broke and feeling powerless in the world. They can stand the fact that even some black people are educated, have careers and are above them in status. They can no longer whip or push blacks around any longer to feel superior. So they try to humiliate and make a professional black person that is far above them feel inferior. Now I am not saying that an upper-class educated, well off white couple can't be racist either but they would handle their wishes in the handling of their child with more decorum. A more elitist husband would have arranged for his wife to have their baby in the hospital to ensure everything went well then that day or night whisked his wife and child home or to a private facility with hired private nurses of his choosing to take care of his baby and wife around the clock. They wouldn't have went to a public hospital asking it and their staff to follow their racism like those welfare white scum did.
here you are in here again....with that black person this and white person that sh*t. You're another one of those "mentally ill" people in the African American forum. Everyday with you mutha fucas its black this white that...for the last got damn 7 years? Do you know anything else bich? Its plain to see you are not from this country....not one...not one African American in this country will talk about that same sh*t...day in and day out...24/7. Bich, you'd think youu have covered every subject regarding to race and then turn around and rediscover it again and talk about the same sh*t in a different way. WE ARE TIRED OF YOU BICH! TAKE THAT SH*T BACK OVER TO WHERE YOU CAME FROM YOU DELUSIONAL DUMB AZZ CAUCASIAN DRUNK AZZ HOE! WE ARE TIRED OF YOU AND THAT SAME DUMB AZZ DIVIDE AND CONQUER BULLSH*T YOU SLING DAY IN AND DAY OUT. ALONG WITH THE LIES BIT*H.

YOU HAVE NO HUSBAND, YOU ARE NOT MARRIED...AND HALF THE SH*T YOU TALK ABOUT IS JUST FOR ATTENTION AND TO GET A RESPONSE THAT MAKES YOU FEEL GRATIFIED OF MAKING A PROBLEM OR CONCLICT IN THE AFRICAN AMERICAN COMMUNITY. YOU...THAT KOLA BI*CH...SAD-N-SH*T....AND THE TROLLS THAT COME IN DIFFERENT FLAVORS AND SIZES...CAN KIZZ ALL OUR MUTHA FUC*IN' AZZES...WE ARE TIRED OF YALLS SH*T...YOU MENTALLY ILL BIT*HES AND BASTARDS CAN TAKE YOUR TRAUMATIZED AZZES BACK TO WHERE YOU CAME FROM...AND HOPEFULLY....WITH THE QUICKNESS! WE'D LOVE IT IF YOU GOT GONE...LIKE YOU HAVE BEEN SH*TTED ON! GET SOME NEW SH*T BI*CH...whenever I see you I get the vision of an aold run down problematic bi*ch runninng around getting everyone pizzed off while she stinks like the high heavens and is wearing the same got damn dress daily for the last 7 years. Thats too much bi*ch...we are tired of your azz...and you will see soon!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

362 Users are viewing the African-American Forum right now

Search the African-American Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
BLACKS and SUNGLASSES ! What's up with that? (Oct '11) 3 min Michele 42
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min positronium 1,079,102
Random thoughts... (Sep '07) 3 min AgentSmith9 77,940
I need proof that the Ancient Egyptians Were No... (Oct '07) 4 min African AE 23,819
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 10 min African AE 94,325
Are white women attracted to black men? (Aug '06) 12 min CEEK 119,420
BM with Extremely Pretty WW 20 min Big Knob 7
About foreign born blacks. ---------- 20 min Its a Zooo 416
Why do blacks claim to be the true Israelites? ... (May '11) 2 hr True Israel 2,244
•••
•••