Earthjustice: African-American Citizens Sue City of Rochelle, Georgia Over Decades of Sewage Dumping

May 2, 2013 Full story: Common Dreams 7

May 2 - In Rochelle, Georgia, a town that recently made national news for its racially segregated prom, a group of African-American citizens is suing their city government for discharging the city's raw sewage onto their properties.

Full Story
Joe dirt

Atlanta, GA

#1 May 8, 2013
That shot with all those fights is just a scam tryin to get free money the city sewer system is there an the fights ain't smart. Enough to hook there lines up to the sewer. They don't want pay for city sewer so they school there pineal let it run off into the creek an the city folks should go an look with there own eyes
Gregory

Macon, GA

#2 May 9, 2013
Whats an "african American" anyway? I always understood you can't be two nationalities

Must be another slow news day
fnord

Phoenix, AZ

#3 May 9, 2013
How would they even distinguish city sewage from the rest of the filth on their land?
Tony

Macon, GA

#4 May 9, 2013
Look into the story a little further, they are wanting to hook onto the city sewer without having to pay for it.

The media and these lawsuit groups use all these "key words" to hype up emotion in people, ignoring the facts.

Can't really say I'm surprised
just saying

Cordele, GA

#5 May 10, 2013
I've seen some people pumping their sewer right into the streets down by the peanut domes. They got it i
on my car.
lolol

Albuquerque, NM

#6 May 10, 2013
are we to assume these AA's in their indignation never poop ?
just saying

Cordele, GA

#7 May 10, 2013
Instead of pumping it into the street they could pay a company to do it the right way or pay the city sewage and there would be no problems

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min hmmmmmmmmmm 1,155,768
I love black women, but I hate black men (Dec '11) 5 min Capree 591
Italians are NOT White!!!! (Feb '12) 6 min African AE 5,202
After 30 years, AIDS has become a 'Black disease' (Jun '11) 7 min Jason 37
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 9 min Curious Me 28,967
My letter of resignation 12 min Shareka 37
Are The Sistas Aligning Themselves With African... 18 min Lucifer 61
Black Americans Are TRAPPED in Racist USA. (fro... 26 min bigsmoke smokes 188
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 47 min African AE 98,704
Jesus and God is not their real names... 2 hr Xcaliber 54