Trayvon Martin Supporters Voice Concerns at City Council

Full story: NBC29 Charlottesville

The George Zimmerman case was heavy on the minds of many at Monday night's City Council meeting.
Comments
1 - 20 of 175 Comments Last updated Jul 22, 2013
First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Rufus

Stafford, VA

#1 Jul 15, 2013
Three words -Liberal White Guilt.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Live In The County

Rice, VA

#3 Jul 15, 2013
Rufus wrote:
Three words -Liberal White Guilt.
Charlottesville is a welfare Shangri-La write off. Most of the town would sooner swoon over something that happened 1,300 miles away in the hopes that nobody will think to ask them to fill out a job application. The local media pandering serves to help the leftist liberals fell better about themselves.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Old Hare

Mineral, VA

#4 Jul 15, 2013
Rolls Eyes...
Inthevalley

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Jul 15, 2013
Wow. Just, wow. Glad I moved away from Charlottesville - what a liberal waste heap. It has become a pittiful fantasy land of liberal make believe. Why would ANY business want to set up shop in Charlottesville? Geesh.....
Stan

Charlottesville, VA

#6 Jul 15, 2013
Why go to a comedy show or watch comedy central when you can come on here and read one of Szakos quotes?
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#7 Jul 16, 2013
Did you see cnn anderson cooper with the juror interview and piers morgan with jeantel?
The juror said they went into deliberations with 3 not guiltys, 2 manslaughters and one 2nd degree. At the end of the day, they all came around to not guilty because the law wanted them to decide if Zimmerman feared for his life and shot to protect himself. All of what transpired previously apparently just went out the window.
So under FL law you can be a real d i c k walking around chasin anyone you don't like, even have a vigilante history with arrests, but the minute you're punched in the face, gettin' yo cracka a s s whupped, the self defense plea allows you to shoot to kill.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
you sez

Waynesboro, VA

#8 Jul 16, 2013
'"I could be the next Trayvon Martin," said 'Justice for Trayvon' rally organizer Tamaurice Washington.'

So... you're a pot smoking, racist (remember, Trayvon called Zimmerman a "crack-a") wanna be gangsta that breaks into houses and steals jewelry, Mister Washington? Do you also deface school property?

No law about being a penile unit, huck. You prove that daily. Further, that same law applies in practically every state in the union. Don't like it? There's always Bolivia.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
George S

Birmingham, AL

#9 Jul 16, 2013
Isit possible for people to suspend their stupidity, and look at what actually occurred in this incident?
Attending a City Council meeting? Absurd.
Harvey Garciawicz

Charlottesville, VA

#11 Jul 16, 2013
It seems to me that African-Americans cry how they want civil rights. The fact is that they don't. They want a protective status that doesn't hold them accountable or responsible for bad decisions or bad conduct. Just look at their conduct in Oakland and other cities. I doubt that less than ten percent of these protesters actually watched the trial.

What is a person to do? If a person is slamming one's head into the concrete and breaking a person's nose, am I supposed to say thank you if the attacker is black? GET REAL!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
harry

Charlottesville, VA

#14 Jul 16, 2013
It strikes me that these people have chosen the wrong case to get upset about. Even the prosecutors said this wasn't about race. The FBI looked for months for a racial component, conducted close to 40 interviews and found just the opposite about Zimmerman.
Did Zimmerman have reason to be suspicious of Martin? Yes, Police reports submitted into evidence at trial showed all recent reports of crime implicated a gang operating in the community who dressed in black clothing and a hoodie.
The Bear

Dillwyn, VA

#15 Jul 16, 2013
I presume they are also concerned about the black suspect who abducted and murdered Morgan Harrington to that black males are responsible for nearly 50% of all homicides, mostly killing other black men and women.
Maybe

Mechanicsville, VA

#16 Jul 16, 2013
"Maybe we're really socially and racially and economically segregated neighborhoods," City Councilor Kathy Galvin said.

I'm assuming that Kathy Galvin doesn't make it off Main St or Barracks Rd too often. That's exactly what the city is you genius.

Instead of whipping up race excuses and raising issues that may or may not be there, why don't we all look at what caused this incident, communication, or lack thereof. If two people could have spoken to each other and engaged in a civil dialogue, this probably would not have happened.

Unfortunately, those who preach equal treatment often inflame situations and foster an environment of distrust. If "leaders" would lead instead of posturing for prime time billing maybe things would get done in this country.
harry

Charlottesville, VA

#18 Jul 16, 2013
huck wrote:
Did you see cnn anderson cooper with the juror interview and piers morgan with jeantel?
The juror said they went into deliberations with 3 not guiltys, 2 manslaughters and one 2nd degree. At the end of the day, they all came around to not guilty because the law wanted them to decide if Zimmerman feared for his life and shot to protect himself. All of what transpired previously apparently just went out the window.
So under FL law you can be a real d i c k walking around chasin anyone you don't like, even have a vigilante history with arrests, but the minute you're punched in the face, gettin' yo cracka a s s whupped, the self defense plea allows you to shoot to kill.
At the risk of getting shot from your lip, I'll respond to your "All of what transpired previously apparently just went out the window."
For good reason, it is endlessly speculative and not evidence of intent. For example, with that thinking you could say Martin's father was responsible because he left his at risk son at home that night without supervision. Or Martin himself was responsible because, when he had an almost 4 minute opportunity to go home, he instead confronted Zimmerman. Or a thousand other useless scenarios that inflame and enable others, who did not follow the trial, to misconstrue this case to be about race.
Whoa Stop the Clock

Waynesboro, VA

#19 Jul 16, 2013
What does the law in Florida have to do with Charlottesville?

I didn't know there were racial issues between blacks and Hispanics.
sandra in free union

Charlottesville, VA

#20 Jul 16, 2013
Each of the previous posters believes that Mr. Zimmerman was justified in killing a boy,because you too believe all young black men are thugs and vigilantism is acceptable.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
The Dude

Bumpass, VA

#21 Jul 16, 2013
harry wrote:
<quoted text>
he instead confronted Zimmerman.
You and the rest of the Martin detractors keep stating this, and all the Martin apologists are saying that Zimmerman confronted Martin, neither position can be support by either side. Everyone can believe what they want, but it is unprovable.
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#22 Jul 16, 2013
Whoa Stop the Clock wrote:
I didn't know there were racial issues between blacks and Hispanics.
welcome to the real world
posumcop

Falls Church, VA

#23 Jul 16, 2013
sandra in free union wrote:
Each of the previous posters believes that Mr. Zimmerman was justified in killing a boy,because you too believe all young black men are thugs and vigilantism is acceptable.
"...thugs and vigilantism..?" Let's see who is afraid of thugs and vigilantism? Is it Zimmerman's parents that are afraid to go back to their home? Is it the unidentified jurors who are afraid of thugs and vigilantes? Is it the people thousands of miles away who had nothing to with the verdict who have been subjected to street violence "in the name of Trayvon" that are afraid of thugs and vigilantes? Or is it the thugs and vigilantes that are afraid of a just verdict?
Huckiznuts

Charlottesville, VA

#24 Jul 16, 2013
Thank you City Council for doing NOTHING to help and EVERYTHING to inflame the mob! Thank you for proving most of us right that this council has NO CLUE or any common sense to run any city anywhere!Just when you think this city could not get any more ignorant then this garbage comes along!
harry

Charlottesville, VA

#25 Jul 16, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>You and the rest of the Martin detractors keep stating this, and all the Martin apologists are saying that Zimmerman confronted Martin, neither position can be support by either side. Everyone can believe what they want, but it is unprovable.
No Dude, Martin did confront Zimmerman from testimony of Rachel Jeantel at trial. Also, what evidence do you have to say I am a Martin detractor? You are as out on a limb with that one as the prosecutors in this case. Try a second cup of coffee.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nigerian Queens belong to Pakistani men 1 min Pakistani Pride 1
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Karma is a_______ 1,100,409
White women pounded by the BBC 2 min Ten Thousand 1
BW That Sleep With WM Are Useless Big Time!!!!!!!! 3 min Tim from Evanston 45
I don't want to marry a BLACK MAN 3 min Ugh 3,195
NCAA defense is weak! 4 min The Critic 1
There's A War On The Black Male 4 min Big Knob 514
Michael Brown .. STRONG ARM ROBBERY ??? 4 min felisitas 2,076
Why do blacks claim to be the true Israelites? ... (May '11) 13 min Truth Hurts 4,717
How has Africa from the begining of time influe... (May '13) 1 hr asho 1,869
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

African-American People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••