Time To End Black History Month?

Time To End Black History Month?

There are 10201 comments on the www.news4jax.com story from Feb 12, 2009, titled Time To End Black History Month?. In it, www.news4jax.com reports that:

Should Black History Month fade into history? End Black History Month? Claims that Black History Month is outdated are gaining a new potency, as schools diversify their curricula and President Barack Obama's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.news4jax.com.

Facts not fiction people

Forest Park, GA

#11570 Apr 29, 2013
DBuck20 wrote:
<quoted text>
My thought exactly for years now!
Um, 365 days of the year. You didn't know that, lol.

“Democraps are stupid.”

Level 5

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#11571 Apr 29, 2013
Mr Big Bad John Roberts wrote:
<quoted text>Yo' does anyone knows what flag this p.o.s. klanjig Craptor is referring to?
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
You know exactly what flag I am referring to negro:)

LOL!!!!!!!!!!
LOL!!!!!!!!!!
LOL!!!!!!!!!!

“Democraps are stupid.”

Level 5

Location hidden

#11572 Apr 29, 2013
-0h_really- wrote:
<quoted text>You must not have heard,.... "weak, ignorant, pink genetic mutants" didn't enslave ANYbody. They bought those african slaves from the other africans that DID enslave them....
That's the truth that hurts them the most. They KNOW their own people enslaved them. Hunted them down like animals, chained them, made them walk through hundreds of miles of jungle, packed them on over crowded boats like sardines, took the money, then said bye bye see ya.
Coonta Kentaye

Jackson, MS

#11573 Apr 29, 2013
Raptors Revenge wrote:
<quoted text>That's the truth that hurts them the most. They KNOW their own people enslaved them. Hunted them down like animals, chained them, made them walk through hundreds of miles of jungle, packed them on over crowded boats like sardines, took the money, then said bye bye see ya.
Yes they did but they put the worst of their people on the boats, the lazy, the murderers, the common criminals and that's the same blood line we are dealing with today.

“Democraps are stupid.”

Level 5

Location hidden

#11575 Apr 29, 2013
<quoted text>Yo' craptorpiss, you are a stupid klanjig and I do not care to assume what flag you are referring to. So what flag is your monkey azz referring to? Do you know what the hell your ignorant monkey azz is talking monkey boy?
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Why play stupid negro, when you are already stupid?:) there's only one flag your country negro azz hates.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!
LOL!!!!!!!!!!
LOL!!!!!!!!!!
amabo karab

Houston, TX

#11577 Apr 30, 2013
DBuck20 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's obvious from your comment who the real racists are... And it ain't the whiteys as you call us.
No, I'm not racist. I just think we blacks are better than the whitey. Makes sense to me.

Level 1

Since: Nov 11

Rockmart, GA

#11578 May 4, 2013
amabo karab wrote:
<quoted text>No, I'm not racist. I just think we blacks are better than the whitey. Makes sense to me.
You just proved my point again. And your grammar disproved yours. One more thing, if you actually are black then you are a disgrace to your race!

“Democraps are stupid.”

Level 5

Location hidden

#11579 May 5, 2013
<quoted text>Yo' craptorpiss, you are a stupid klanjig and I do not care to assume what flag you are referring to. So what flag is your monkey azz referring to? Do you know what the hell your ignorant monkey azz is talking monkey boy?
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Yep. And so do you negro:)

“Democraps are stupid.”

Level 5

Location hidden

#11582 May 5, 2013
<quoted text>Yo' craptorpiss, it is going on two weeks and your dumb monkey azz STILL have not answered my question about which flag your stupid klanjig monkey azz is referring to. Now since your monkey azz do not live in this state, I can understand why your ignorant azz would not know what the hell you are talking about. The fact that you are a dumb racist adds to the fact that you are stupid dumb.
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
I do live in this state negro. You can act dumb all you want(very easy for you I know), but you know exactly what flag I am referring to. I don't answer your question to let you continue acting as if you don't know, and continue to make a fool out of yourself. You fought like hell to get the flag taken down from the state house where nobody really looked up, and now it is IN THE FRONT LAWN for everyone to see.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!
LOL!!!!!!!!!!
LOL!!!!!!!!!!
LOL

Jacksonville, FL

#11584 May 5, 2013
<quoted text>Yo' craptorpiss, you say you live in this state and it has been going on two weeks and your stupid dumb monkey azz cannot tell me what flag you are referring to? Well that is worse than your dumb azz not living in this state. So, let me refresh your pea brain memory of my question I asked you last month:
What flag is your dumb monkey azz is talking about?
Either your monkey azz is dumb as hell and do not know what the hell you are talking about or you are a chickensh!t coward that has made a statement and is afraid to answer a simple question. Answer the question and I promise you will be safe in your section 8 trailer park ghetto, LOFL!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Are you using a stolen computer?

“Democraps are stupid.”

Level 5

Location hidden

#11585 May 5, 2013
<quoted text>Yo' craptorpiss, you say you live in this state and it has been going on two weeks and your stupid dumb monkey azz cannot tell me what flag you are referring to? Well that is worse than your dumb azz not living in this state. So, let me refresh your pea brain memory of my question I asked you last month:
What flag is your dumb monkey azz is talking about?
Either your monkey azz is dumb as hell and do not know what the hell you are talking about or you are a chickensh!t coward that has made a statement and is afraid to answer a simple question. Answer the question and I promise you will be safe in your section 8 trailer park ghetto, LOFL!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
So you are saying that everyone in the entire country knows what flag I am talking about but you?

And you live in this state!!!!!!!!!!

LOL!!!!!
LOL!!!!!!!
LOL!!!!!!!!
Frogg

Bradford, AR

#11586 May 5, 2013
I see no point in canceling it. You don't like make your own special month.
Truth

Columbia, MS

#11588 May 12, 2013
I thought Afrocoons were supposed to be equally intelligent with their White Masters. Don't you realize that the government continues to isolate and subjugate you chimps as being "lesser" by their declaration, certification and "segregation" of 1/12th of the year, dedicated to black history. Would it not be more "inclusive", if all the content of so called black history were included in American and/or World history as a interconnected part of "History". Granted, in the past, black history has been grossly minimized in general history. And there is no defendable excuse for that. But, I would be deeply insulted if tomorrow, the government declared even one day as "blonde hair, blue eye cracker day". Perhaps you feel a victory in such recognition. If so, keep wearing the chains while your masters chuckle and continue to enrich themselves.

Level 8

Since: Oct 09

Paris France

#11589 May 12, 2013
Truth wrote:
I thought Afrocoons were supposed to be equally intelligent with their White Masters. Don't you realize that the government continues to isolate and subjugate you chimps as being "lesser" by their declaration, certification and "segregation" of 1/12th of the year, dedicated to black history. Would it not be more "inclusive", if all the content of so called black history were included in American and/or World history as a interconnected part of "History". Granted, in the past, black history has been grossly minimized in general history. And there is no defendable excuse for that. But, I would be deeply insulted if tomorrow, the government declared even one day as "blonde hair, blue eye cracker day". Perhaps you feel a victory in such recognition. If so, keep wearing the chains while your masters chuckle and continue to enrich themselves.
you entirely miss the point.
1/12th of the year is definitely not enough okay.
In France, we have just one day of official commemoration so a month is already much more.
Naturally too Black people must be included in each history text book much more than it is today. Black history month is not the ultimate goal, it's a mean to implement progress.

a whiteboi
hilarious

Voorhees, NJ

#11596 Mar 2, 2014
black history month is funny.. it should exist..

it has bill cosby in it.. LOL..
hilarious

Voorhees, NJ

#11597 Mar 2, 2014
hey don't even do black history month do bill cosby month lol..
hilarious

Voorhees, NJ

#11598 Mar 2, 2014
michael jackson month..
Huh

Oakvale, WV

#11599 Mar 3, 2014
James earl ray day, anthony johnson day
Lightin_Bolts

Laurel, MS

#11600 Mar 7, 2014
Almoravid wrote:
There is much to be learned about African history and your African heritage African Americans.
You basically don't know nothing yet. You only have just begun, to (re)-discover your history and heritage.
Don't let these troll, aspecially the white ones fool you.
Dear Mr. Al-Moron: I was just perusing your post with interest when I came upon the word "aspecially", which I can only presume is one of those "African heritage" words. Might you be willing to translate the word into English for those of us African Americans that don't hablo African? My major concern sits with the prognosis that with world scholars like yourself, teaching us everything you know about our history and heritage, our dire condition of "don't know nothing yet" will become perpetual. Perhaps, you would be well advised to limit your professorial misadventures to your beloved Neanderthal land?
what

Beckley, WV

#11601 Mar 7, 2014
There is a black history month? Hmm, never celebrated it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
why do white women love black men so much. (Dec '11) 3 min Anonymous 558
the nascp is prett much a homeless shelter! 3 min rebel111 1
BW are so desperate to get married, they are ma... (Jan '15) 5 min Random User 435
Arab men rarely marry black women (Apr '10) 8 min Random User 2,536
Which race is Physically the strongest? (Feb '13) 10 min Stupid Thread 444
Why Aren't Caribbean Blacks Considered "African... (Sep '12) 10 min D-Rel 64
Africans did not sell their own 13 min reallyawesome 82
Somalis and their shameless self promotion 30 min Ms DP 288
Are white people aware of white privilege? 44 min PolakPotrafi 166
Why are most white people racist? 3 hr Iamcuriousnow2 2,120
All women prefer white men (Jan '15) 4 hr CEEK 5,644
More from around the web