Time To End Black History Month?

Feb 12, 2009 | Posted by: Joe_ | Full story: www.news4jax.com

Should Black History Month fade into history? End Black History Month? Claims that Black History Month is outdated are gaining a new potency, as schools diversify their curricula and President Barack Obama's ...

Comments
9,981 - 10,000 of 10,201 Comments Last updated May 19, 2014
Who

Wyoming, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Now I'll reveal who these people are:

ANTHONY JOHNSON ?-1670, BLACK, has the distinction of being the FIRST LEGALLY REGISTERED SLAVE OWNER IN AMERICA.

Richard Holloway, SR., black man, owned 5 slaves, 3 of which he paid $575 for and after becoming "dissatisfied" with them resold them for $945, quite a profit. The remaining 2 were his servants.

ROSE SUMMERS, black woman, owned 4 slaves, upon her death her executor put the slaves on the auction block and they were sold to the highest bidder for $970.13.

GEORGE SHREWSBURY and JAMES HANSCOME, both black slave masters, owned 3 slaves

PHILIS WELLS, black woman, owned 1 slave, this slave was later used a collateral to obtain a loan for $900.

WILLIAM AIKEN, black man, owned 1 slave, used for collateral when he applied for a loan for $600

JOHN S. MARK, black man, owned 2 slaves, paid $420, later used them to secure a loan for #300, in true black person tradition he defaulted on the loan and the slaves were again sold for $375

ABRAHAM JACKSON, black man, owned 1 slave

MOSES BROWN, black man, owned 1 slave, paid $300

CAMILLA JOHNSON, black woman, owned 1 slave, paid $375

ELIZABETH COLLINS HOLLOWAY, black woman, owned 1 slave

Tennessee's wealthiest black slave owner was SHERROD BRYANT, black man, owned 22 slaves.

Why are these blacks NEVER mentioned during BHM? They certainly made more contributions to BH than most blacks today since they didn't have the luxury of an EBT card to buy slaves with< they actually had jobs.
Islamsuck

Phillipsburg, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Haaaaaaaaaaaaa. Thank you so much for revealing this.
Who wrote:
ANTHONY JOHNSON ?-1670, BLACK, has the distinction of being the FIRST LEGALLY REGISTERED SLAVE OWNER IN AMERICA.
Richard Holloway, SR., black man, owned 5 slaves, 3 of which he paid $575 for and after becoming "dissatisfied" with them resold them for $945, quite a profit. The remaining 2 were his servants.
ROSE SUMMERS, black woman, owned 4 slaves, upon her death her executor put the slaves on the auction block and they were sold to the highest bidder for $970.13.
PHILIS WELLS, black woman, owned 1 slave, this slave was later used a collateral to obtain a loan for $900.
WILLIAM AIKEN, black man, owned 1 slave, used for collateral when he applied for a loan for $600
JOHN S. MARK, black man, owned 2 slaves, paid $420, later used them to secure a loan for #300, in true black person tradition he defaulted on the loan and the slaves were again sold for $375
Tennessee's wealthiest black slave owner was SHERROD BRYANT, black man, owned 22 slaves.
Why are these blacks NEVER mentioned during BHM? They certainly made more contributions to BH than most blacks today since they didn't have the luxury of an EBT card to buy slaves with< they actually had jobs.
the light has come

Danville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Big Worm wrote:
I know millions of blacks that contributed to black history, they are in prisons, on welfare, on crack, dead beats that don't take care of there kids. The list goes on and on....
<quoted text>
Telling lies is what you are good at. Per second it would take you 83 thousand years to meet personally a million people. Reading about an issue is not the same as knowing about it personally.
the light has come

Danville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Who wrote:
<quoted text>
What contributions have any blacks made to anything besides the crime rate, unemployment, denying those who deserve to go to college but can't because they need to meet the "black quota", the number of those on welfare, and those defrauding the system with fraudulent purchases made with EBT cards?
3,000 years ago whites were creating entire civilizations while africans were still living in huts and drawing stick figures on cave walls, 3,000 years later whites are expected hand over everything they built and fought for for free, meanwhile africans are still living in huts and drawing stick figures on cave walls all the while complaining how "it isn't fair" that they couldn't evolve.
So do tell me, what "contributions" have blacks made to any society on Earth?
I see you have a problem with comprehension. Are you in college or is that a lie too. I told you time and time again that this thread is not about black crime, slavery or Africa. If blacks did not contribute to BHM, why did you make a list.
the light has come

Danville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Big Worm wrote:
Show me one post where you make sence.
<quoted text>
It do not make sense to you because it is above your intellectual level.
Big Worm

Phillipsburg, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

You still have not answered the question, and you never will because the truth is you know nothing about it, if you did you would answer. You are an idiot savant!!
the light has come wrote:
<quoted text>It do not make sense to you because it is above your intellectual level.
the light has come

Danville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Big Worm wrote:
You still have not answered the question, and you never will because the truth is you know nothing about it, if you did you would answer. You are an idiot savant!!
<quoted text>
THE SAW CUTS BOTH WAYS.
Big Worm

Phillipsburg, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Typical coon response. Answer the F--king question. Who cares what topic it is. What have blacks contributed to civilization? Answer the question stop giving us BS excuses.
<quoted text>I see you have a problem with comprehension. Are you in college or is that a lie too. I told you time and time again that this thread is not about black crime, slavery or Africa. If blacks did not contribute to BHM, why did you make a list.
Big Worm

Phillipsburg, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Answer the question you dumb orangutan
<quoted text>THE SAW CUTS BOTH WAYS.
the light has come

Danville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Big Worm wrote:
Typical coon response. Answer the F--king question. Who cares what topic it is. What have blacks contributed to civilization? Answer the question stop giving us BS excuses.
<quoted text>
It amazing to me that a person who say they are in college and be so ignorant. Maybe you attend Dumb University and majoring in stupidity and got a degree in ignorance.
STAIN ON DE SHEETS

Milton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Who wrote:
<quoted text>
What contributions have any blacks made to anything besides the crime rate, unemployment, denying those who deserve to go to college but can't because they need to meet the "black quota", the number of those on welfare, and those defrauding the system with fraudulent purchases made with EBT cards?
3,000 years ago whites were creating entire civilizations while africans were still living in huts and drawing stick figures on cave walls, 3,000 years later whites are expected hand over everything they built and fought for for free, meanwhile africans are still living in huts and drawing stick figures on cave walls all the while complaining how "it isn't fair" that they couldn't evolve.
So do tell me, what "contributions" have blacks made to any society on Earth?
HEY, get off yer high horse... I resemble that remark !! I will have you know that you are plain wrong !! Negurs don't draw on cave walls... We's got enuff scent to know how to draw stink fingers in elefant dung for intertainment and to provide a record of our great contruebitchens to Hewman History. Plus,,, we contruebitched a bunch of little basterad babies to the world... And, don't forget we discovered Aids in one of our couzens but whole and shared it with all the world at no charge.... We's negurs are as smart as donkey pooh and don't forget to send my check for all this histerical documenstation!!!!!
Mr Big Bad John Roberts

Irmo, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Big Worm wrote:
If that's the case kneegrow and it's Not, at least I have a job. I am not On welfare like your monkey kind. Like I said before your mammy works at the truck stop and I stick my greasy spoon in that HO and drop a load in her face and turns that ape bitch white.
<quoted text>
Yo' monkey piss, if that is the case, your monkey azz will need the extra inCOME to support my living. Because this less than minimum wage job you have won't cut it. Here is a suggestion, work full time as the klanny tranny at the Greasy Sponn Truck Stop and work part time at your less than minimum wage job, LOFL! The only loads your monkey azz will be able to drop are the ones the truckers dropped in your monkey azz during your klanny tranny shift. Once your shift at the truck stop is over, bring me my money, LOFL!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Curious Queer

Milton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Obama Mama wrote:
Yes Lord, I am sick of hearing about people who be dead adn gone and really didn't do much anyhow. TIme for us all to lay this race crap aside and just let each other live in peace.
Dear Ms Obama Mama,,,,,,
How come the commander in chief did away with Don't Ask---Don't Tell for us queers in uniform,,,, so whether we wanted to be known or not, everyone around us knows who the queers are now,,,,, but, he himself keeps Not Telling and remains silent when Asked,, and won't admit to what every queer in "Pakistan" and America already knows, thanks to the LGBT underground communications network..... Isn't he PROUD ???
Mr Big Bad John Roberts

Irmo, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Islamsuck wrote:
Ok here I am jigglette, now what chicken shit. Who did you scare off ape BOY. I told you the only thing that would run away from you is common sense and a shower you damn dirty ape.
<quoted text>
Yo' monkey piss, it is about time you rented a pair of steel balls to have the guts to reply to me ya' STILL stupid klanigguh racist coward. Now as for the things you listed that would run away from me. The reason those things your monkey azz said that runs away from me is because I don't need either to beat up on and piss your cowardly monkey azz off, LOFL!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Who

Wyoming, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>I see you have a problem with comprehension. Are you in college or is that a lie too. I told you time and time again that this thread is not about black crime, slavery or Africa. If blacks did not contribute to BHM, why did you make a list.
Why did I make a list?

To bring awareness to all the "contributions" made by those blacks NEVER mentioned during BHM of course. The "unsung heroes" so to speak.

I'm sorry... did I inadvertently let the proverbial cat out of the bag.

I apologize if that information goes against the "all blacks are the victims of the white oppressors" paradigm you're all trying to maintain.
Who

Wyoming, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>It do not make sense to you because it is above your intellectual level.
Seems to me that someone at such a high "intellectual level", such as you claim to be, probably shouldn't start sentences with "It do not..."

Apparently your free college education didn't help you at all.

Thanks 'Affirmative Action'.

Level 8

Since: Oct 09

Paris France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Who wrote:
The reason is very simple Mr braindead.

Imitating whitey and owning one slave are providing humanity with nothing valuable apart from sharing 0.1% of the colossal whitey responsibility in shameful practices and filthy mindset.

Aunt Jeminas and Uncle Toms have existed all along Black history in the Americas (both North and South). So what ?

Nobody is interested to know more about these poor people, the Herman Cain of the past can stay in the cemeteries.
Black History month is promoting valuable knowledge not the type of cr*p you seem to enjoy.

a whiteboi
Mr Big Bad John Roberts

Irmo, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Big Worm wrote:
<quoted text>
Yo' monkey piss, you are such a coward to change stupid screen names every time this Black man beats up on you. It does nothing for the fact that you are STILL a stupid klan monkey. So sukpiss, can I count on you to return to your original stupid screen name or are you going to continue to pretend that your worthless monky azz is under witness protection?
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
the light has come

Danville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Who wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did I make a list?
To bring awareness to all the "contributions" made by those blacks NEVER mentioned during BHM of course. The "unsung heroes" so to speak.
I apologize if that information goes against the "all blacks are the victims of the white oppressors" paradigm you're all trying to maintain.
You been off topic every since to been on this thread. There is known and unknown people national that has contribute to BHM. The reason for BHM is not what white people did but what they did not do that cause BHM to start.
Mr Big Bad John Roberts

Irmo, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Who wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did I make a list?
Yo piss Who, if your monkey azz was really concerned about the mentioned, make the info public so that many more people will know, LOFL! It does not take away from the fact that Black History Month will continue and you stupid klanjigs will continue to whine about things your monkey azzes are too afraid do anything about. I love the February because it allows me to further piss you stupid klan monkeys racists off on top of the pissed off that you suffer from because of February. It seems that the real oppressed are the stupid klan monkeys like you. Because you spend the entire month of February each year being pissed off, LOFL!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••