Time To End Black History Month?

There are 10201 comments on the www.news4jax.com story from Feb 12, 2009, titled Time To End Black History Month?. In it, www.news4jax.com reports that:

Should Black History Month fade into history? End Black History Month? Claims that Black History Month is outdated are gaining a new potency, as schools diversify their curricula and President Barack Obama's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.news4jax.com.

Skid Mark

Phillipsburg, NJ

#11027 Apr 1, 2013
Yo mamma be descended from monkies.
AlienChild wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a fuŠking loser dude. We're all descended from monkeys, thus you're a monkey too ya d@mn idiot.
Buckwheat

Phillipsburg, NJ

#11028 Apr 1, 2013
After seeing all these comments let's try to get back on the topic of BHM. I do not believe that it should not be mandatory. Although I think all etnicities should know how they contributed to this country, but none should be forced. I hope this doesn't sound like I am being closed minded. I just do not like the word mandatory. ( only intelligent answers please)
Who

Wyoming, MI

#11029 Apr 2, 2013
Southern Belle wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so wrong the people that are dead and gone have contributed so much to the history of African Americans or Americans period. They should be honored in each and every way.
I do not celebrate Black History month in February becasue to me it is plan silly when I know I am black so I celebrate it each and every day. I do not need a month, the shortest, to celebrate th econtribution of our people.
So name some of these so-called "contributions", besides contributing to the crime rate of every city they're in.
Who

Wyoming, MI

#11030 Apr 2, 2013
Buckwheat wrote:
After seeing all these comments let's try to get back on the topic of BHM. I do not believe that it should not be mandatory. Although I think all etnicities should know how they contributed to this country, but none should be forced. I hope this doesn't sound like I am being closed minded. I just do not like the word mandatory.( only intelligent answers please)
Everybody EXCEPT white people because that would be "racist" right?
Who

Wyoming, MI

#11031 Apr 2, 2013
the light has come wrote:
<quoted text>I said i scrolled down on this thread and i can see most of the comments are people who do no know anything about BHM. Your posting tell me you do not know why BHM is in February.If someone think you are stupid, why open up your mouth and remove all doubt.
Since you seem to be the "expert" on BHM, please educate us on the "true" meaning of BHM.

And don't forget anything, tell us ALL the facts.

Let's see what YOU know about BHM.
Dont tread on me

United States

#11032 Apr 2, 2013
Time to get these stinkapes off welfare and back on the fields, picking produce and staying out of trouble.

Level 1

Since: Apr 13

Hyderabad, India

#11033 Apr 2, 2013
We don't need black or white history month;we need a Factual and fundamental American history,not opinionated history speeches.
Phoenix

Humble, TX

#11034 Apr 2, 2013
Vanessa Elizebeth wrote:
We don't need black or white history month;we need a Factual and fundamental American history,not opinionated history speeches.
I concur but it begins at home.

Schools are state funded are they not?
the light has come

Danville, IL

#11036 Apr 2, 2013
Who wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you seem to be the "expert" on BHM, please educate us on the "true" meaning of BHM.
And don't forget anything, tell us ALL the facts.
Let's see what YOU know about BHM.
You are on a computer and you are to lazy to research how BHM begin. Before you come to this site with mockery and racist comments you knew how and why it got started. Maybe you do not know about Google,Yahoo and other search engines.
the light has come

Danville, IL

#11037 Apr 2, 2013
Tar Face wrote:
My point. WHAT HISTORY DO YOU ALL HAVE ???????? and why do we who are not interested need to learn about it?
<quoted text>
My point is you are protesting something you do not even know about.
the light has come

Danville, IL

#11038 Apr 2, 2013
Magilla Gorilla wrote:
Boo hoo. You crying little flower. Why do you whine and cry so much?
<quoted text>
Why do you post under ten different screen names and never talk on the subject.
tar baby

Norwalk, CT

#11039 Apr 2, 2013
yep can it its worthless just like the tarbabys
Lucky Leroy

Phillipsburg, NJ

#11040 Apr 2, 2013
My point is your a jig a boo!!
<quoted text>My point is you are protesting something you do not even know about.
Magilla Gorilla

Phillipsburg, NJ

#11041 Apr 2, 2013
Why are you a drain on hard working people? Get your lazy monkey Azz up and get a job and support your own worthless Azz.
<quoted text>Why do you post under ten different screen names and never talk on the subject.
the light has come

Danville, IL

#11042 Apr 2, 2013
Magilla Gorilla wrote:
Why are you a drain on hard working people? Get your lazy monkey Azz up and get a job and support your own worthless Azz.
<quoted text>
Do you intend to answer my question why you use so many screen names. Do I assume you do not have he mental capacity to answer this direct question.
Magilla Gorilla

Phillipsburg, NJ

#11043 Apr 2, 2013
Do you intend to answer my question or do you not have the mental capability to do so? Again I will ask escuchan por favor. What did you all accomplish that would be considered history that I and others should be forced to learn about? I see no black history worth learning about. I mean how many times can we learn about peanutbutter. Please explain. The different screen names is a result of there being one computer and many of us using it, so in other words to simplify it for you, you mental midget one computer different people using it, thus the different screen names ok.
<quoted text>Do you intend to answer my question why you use so many screen names. Do I assume you do not have he mental capacity to answer this direct question.
Foghorn leghorn

Phillipsburg, NJ

#11044 Apr 2, 2013
I say I say there be alot a coons in here
Lucky Leroy

Phillipsburg, NJ

#11045 Apr 2, 2013
Hmmm tar baby's is that the same as jiggletes?
tar baby wrote:
yep can it its worthless just like the tarbabys
the light has come

Danville, IL

#11046 Apr 2, 2013
Magilla Gorilla wrote:
Do you intend to answer my question or do you not have the mental capability to do so? Again I will ask escuchan por favor. What did you all accomplish that would be considered history that I and others should be forced to learn about? I see no black history worth learning about. I mean how many times can we learn about peanutbutter. Please explain. The different screen names is a result of there being one computer and many of us using it, so in other words to simplify it for you, you mental midget one computer different people using it, thus the different screen names ok.
<quoted text>
I do not believe there are 10 different dummies using the same computer making dumb postings. If you can find this site with out my help, I am sure if you want to know the truth about BHM you can do it. From your posting I see your purpose is not about BHM but advancing your racist opinion.
Magilla Gorilla

Phillipsburg, NJ

#11047 Apr 2, 2013
I don't care what you believe. This is a college dorm. Of course you wouldn't know about college all you do is whine and cry and that fact that your a darkie who runs away from education. Yes we are racists against whining crying lazy monkies like you and so what. I answered your question coonerachi why didn't you answer mine? Could it be because black history is nothing?
<quoted text>I do not believe there are 10 different dummies using the same computer making dumb postings. If you can find this site with out my help, I am sure if you want to know the truth about BHM you can do it. From your posting I see your purpose is not about BHM but advancing your racist opinion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Question for Black women (only BW please) 4 min Phoenix Ascended 2
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Holy Jumpin Jesus 1,224,918
Arab men rarely marry black women (Apr '10) 15 min Mad black America... 2,524
Jesus is black 20 min Afro Court Hacha 5
W-Male convicted for raping 1 day old BABY. 21 min Sanity 8
R.I.P. Tamale 24 min Undisputed Facts 2
"INCEST" AA's 'DIRTY LITTLE SECRET' (May '12) 26 min NotSoDivineMsM 40
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 27 min Undisputed Facts 118,674
Efficiently and humanely shipping blacks back t... 28 min Have a nice day 24
Why do I hate white people so much? 1 hr Labor 186
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 1 hr Gmoney 33,193
News 5 Reasons The American Dream Is Eluding Black P... 1 hr Cheech the Conser... 1,246
More from around the web