Wearing Sexually Provocative Clothing...

Wearing Sexually Provocative Clothing= Sexual Harassment?

Posted in the African-American Forum

First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Mack the Great

Since: May 07

Accokeek, MD

#1 Jun 29, 2009
I came to this conclusion after revisiting this one old video by YT user Thugtician, and even though I didn't pay close attention the message until now, I have to agree.Women who dress in sexually provocative clothing are in all actuallity sexually harassing us men.We men did not ask for you women to dress that way in a public setting(other than the beach or swimming pools since wearing bikini's and etc. are acceptable), for you to try and constantly arouse us and give you attention even thouh we don't want to.Women that dress that way complain about the unwanted attention and sexual harassment in the forms of offensive sexuall innuendos and advances when these women are guilty of doing the exact same thing to us men.Anyone else agree?
Smoking Mirrors

Crestwood, Australia

#2 Jun 29, 2009
I dont think im on the same wavelength. Maybe you mean when women dress provocatively it can tempt a man into thinking about her in a provocative manner.

Would it be the same if a man dressed provocative in front of a group of ladies? Are they sexually harassing the ladies?

eg Tight shirt etc etc....sorry this is kinda making me laugh - No offence..I'm sure men are tempted when they see this - the same as women when they see men who are the same...

It is funny though. What do think about men magazine promoting females dressed up in next to nothing? Its an adult industry run by males so is it the females fault that men are buying the mags with them in it? It's legal to. Noone is forcing men 2 view these mags.

Yes it is stupid but its legal - and yet men and women still buy it. Who is harassing who?

I dont think this is true to be honest
someone

Rockford, IL

#3 Jun 29, 2009
Yes. Though, I'ma keep lookin'. LMAO
Smoking Mirrors

Crestwood, Australia

#4 Jun 29, 2009
I do think people should dress decent to appropriate places...If that is what you mean.

Then ok. I still dont think the women are harassing the men though.

“The Beast, they call him”

Level 2

Since: Oct 07

Where the wild things are

#5 Jun 29, 2009
lol...."We men did not ask for you women to dress that way in a public setting for you to try and constantly arouse us and give you attention even though we don't want to."

...ahhh, I'll have to use that one in the elevator today. I KNEW that was what Linda was up to....

“Booyah!”

Level 5

Since: Jun 09

Trussville, AL

#6 Jun 29, 2009
A woman (and man) is often times judged by their choice of clothing. Right or wrong , it happens. Been that way since the cavemen.

Want to be seen as professional and serious in the workplace? Don't wear a halter top and booty shorts to your place of employment. Wear professional looking , well fitting , and conservative clothing , and more often than not a woman will get a shread of respect from peers.

I've also noticed that the women who complain about being "harassed" due to their choice in clothing are most often the ones who dress like Sunset strip whores. I believe these women are obsessed with ANY attention , good or bad, and are borderline mentally ill.

“It's Good being Me!”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#7 Jun 29, 2009
Okay so when guys take their shirts of while they're playing ball & they're fine as hell is that not sexual harrasment? And skimpy clothes? Men wear their pants to hang of their butts. And some of you bm must be forgetting your black. Some of the biggest, roundest booties are bm w/sagging pants. I saw this one the other day that made Beyonce look like paris hilton! lmao

“Yeah, I'm A Guy”

Level 1

Since: Sep 08

So What?

#8 Jun 29, 2009
Mack the Great wrote:
I came to this conclusion after revisiting this one old video by YT user Thugtician, and even though I didn't pay close attention the message until now, I have to agree.Women who dress in sexually provocative clothing are in all actuallity sexually harassing us men.We men did not ask for you women to dress that way in a public setting(other than the beach or swimming pools since wearing bikini's and etc. are acceptable), for you to try and constantly arouse us and give you attention even thouh we don't want to.Women that dress that way complain about the unwanted attention and sexual harassment in the forms of offensive sexuall innuendos and advances when these women are guilty of doing the exact same thing to us men.Anyone else agree?
LOL Mack --> :oP

So, when a woman dresses sexy, she is sexually harassing men? I have curves and a nice figure and I like to dress in nice cute clothing...I do not see the harm in that.

I do not dress slutty or have my "girls" out for everyone to see. I like to show my figure but in a respectable way. Even when I go out I still get looks, hoots and whistles LOL!!!

I believe there is a time and place for everything. Provocative clothing at work (unless you are a stripper..Lawd) is a no, no and to me that shows a lack of professionalism (and respect) in my book.

BTW, I haven't been on here that much, how have you been?

MAXXX PAIN

“THE DEVIL”

I AM WHATEVER YOU SAY I AM

#9 Jun 29, 2009
It not sexual harassment if the women you are looking at thinks your cute. If she thinks your ugly it's a problem...IMHO

Mack the Great

Since: May 07

Accokeek, MD

#10 Jun 29, 2009
Smoking Mirrors wrote:
I dont think im on the same wavelength. Maybe you mean when women dress provocatively it can tempt a man into thinking about her in a provocative manner.
Would it be the same if a man dressed provocative in front of a group of ladies? Are they sexually harassing the ladies?
eg Tight shirt etc etc....sorry this is kinda making me laugh - No offence..I'm sure men are tempted when they see this - the same as women when they see men who are the same...
It is funny though. What do think about men magazine promoting females dressed up in next to nothing? Its an adult industry run by males so is it the females fault that men are buying the mags with them in it? It's legal to. Noone is forcing men 2 view these mags.
Yes it is stupid but its legal - and yet men and women still buy it. Who is harassing who?
I dont think this is true to be honest
LOL I meant to say sexually revealing clothing rather than sexually provocative cklothing since just about any kind of clothing a woman wears can arouse any man regardless of whether or not it's revealing.About that magazine thing, I guess it's acceptable considering the fact that those women on the front covers aren't there in the real world dressed that way, opposed to the women we see everyday that are usually dressed conservatively.In the case of men purchasing those magazines, it appears that they don't mind the attention of these of women in sexually revealing clothing which is why they bought them.

“It's Good being Me!”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#12 Jun 29, 2009
MAXXX PAIN wrote:
It not sexual harassment if the women you are looking at thinks your cute. If she thinks your ugly it's a problem...IMHO
LOL
MDJ

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#13 Jun 29, 2009
Mack the Great wrote:
I think a woman should be able to dress how she want to.......just because a woman may dress provacative or skimpy still does not give anyone permission to touch.

i think most men make excuses for how women dressed so that can give them justification to disrespect them if they choose to........and then, blame it on how she was dressed.

And i know when you dress provacative or skimpy.......there are consequences. But i think the women would refer to be complimented over being harmed in anyway..... because of how she chose to dress.

“Keep your identity a secret”

Level 1

Since: Dec 07

ON TOPIX

#14 Jun 29, 2009
Mack the Great wrote:
True, women know what they are doing to arouse a man's libido. And they do love the attention from it also. Agree. But what is too sexy?
Smoking Mirrors

Crestwood, Australia

#15 Jun 29, 2009
MAXXX PAIN wrote:
That is funny - Its sad but true lol...
norteamericano

Silver Spring, MD

#16 Jun 29, 2009
Mack the Great wrote:
Excuse me? What? I think you have lost the plot. The only thing I agree with is that women who dress provocative should not complain about unwanted attention. However, that doesn't justify men sexually or verbal harassing them. I think many men (immature men) tend to forget that...that sexy woman is still somebody's daughter...mother....sister... wife...whatever not a sexual object. Look but don't touch or verbally assault.
What

United States

#17 Jun 29, 2009
Half Women Half Amazing wrote:
Okay so when guys take their shirts of while they're playing ball & they're fine as hell is that not sexual harrasment? And skimpy clothes? Men wear their pants to hang of their butts. And some of you bm must be forgetting your black. Some of the biggest, roundest booties are bm w/sagging pants. I saw this one the other day that made Beyonce look like paris hilton! lmao
Women aren't into sports for the most part, so they do not expect them to sit there and watch them with their shirt off.

Ever think they are really hot [from running around so much] and don't want to sweat all over their shirt? ;)

Anyway, to the original poster:

I agree on the part that women shouldn't complain about guys saying perverted things to them if those women also dress to show off their body.

Deal with it. You catch those kind of fish when you PUT OUT that kind of bait.

And here I thought women were smarter than men? ;)

(kidding)

MAXXX PAIN

“THE DEVIL”

I AM WHATEVER YOU SAY I AM

#18 Jun 29, 2009
Bxking wrote:
<quoted text>LMFAO, this situation happened in my middle school. This dominican girl always use to dress in clothing that showed a lot of skin. This ugly guy started feeling up on her and she reported him to the principal and he got suspended for 2 weeks. 2 months later this pretty boy started feeling her up and all she did was bend over and giggle.
Women can be confussing
Smoking Mirrors

Crestwood, Australia

#19 Jun 29, 2009
Mack the Great wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL I meant to say sexually revealing clothing rather than sexually provocative cklothing since just about any kind of clothing a woman wears can arouse any man regardless of whether or not it's revealing.About that magazine thing, I guess it's acceptable considering the fact that those women on the front covers aren't there in the real world dressed that way, opposed to the women we see everyday that are usually dressed conservatively.In the case of men purchasing those magazines, it appears that they don't mind the attention of these of women in sexually revealing clothing which is why they bought them.
LOL...I see what you mean.
I think people should wear appropriate clothes to places so they wont recieve unwanted attention eg. sexual harrassment. I agree
I dont know if it will prevent people from harassing them though.

“Male Dog!!”

Since: Mar 08

Gwynn Oak, MD

#20 Jun 29, 2009
MAXXX PAIN wrote:
Actually, my sister told me the exact same thing.

“Want to touch my fro?”

Level 2

Since: Nov 07

Small town, Ohio

#21 Jun 29, 2009
Maybe she's harassing you as she walks toward you with her skin exposed, but then you're harassing her when she passes you and you turn around to watch her walk away. We all suffer from weaknesses of the flesh, but how much we allow them to affect us is entirely a personal issue. For some men it is not compulsory to look at every woman's jiggly parts. Some men have self control and don't blame others for their weaknesses.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
SADBUTTRUE lS EXPOSED!!!!!!! 1 min No Reparations 5
HA HA HA! Trump cuts $1.7 TRILLION in welfare! 3 min No Reparations 56
Why are black men so thirsty for white women? 4 min Miss Norris 23
Political Correctness Is Dangerous 4 min KIP 33
White women are so trashy (Aug '16) 5 min FireyFellow44 14
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min Cheech the Conser... 1,535,081
Scientists isolate 52 “intelligence” genes. 23 min EffeminateBlkBoyM... 6
Bill Cosby blames racism for his [email protected] scandal. 35 min EffeminateMaceo 175
Racism in America 36 min EffeminateMaceo 555
White supremacist fake hanging of a black girl 6 hr Pissed off 14
More from around the web