To TOPMOD 5 and Topix Administrators

To TOPMOD 5 and Topix Administrators

Posted in the African-American Forum

Since: Jan 11

United States

#1 May 30, 2011
The following message was sent to me by Toothless Hillbilly and I reported this threat to TopMod 5.
+
+
Toothless Hillbilly | 21 hrs ago | Reply

Danged straight!

It's called survival of the fittest. You do whatever you have to do to thrive, prosper, & CONQUER!!!

We mold reality to suit our needs & whims. That is what God does. He shapes reality to please him.

If you don't like it, too freaking bad. Kill yourself now & save yourself all the aggravation

http://m.topix.com/forum/afam/TCNOOT623PT21FU...
+
+
+
I received the following message from Admin@Topix accusing me of telling users to kill themselves. I'm advised to "click her to acknowledge this warning"

I did not tell anyone to kill themselves and I will not acknowledge a lie.

"This is a warning from the Topix moderators. Failure to comply with the Topix Terms of Service will result in your forum posts being removed from the system, and a ban on future posting.

Hi there, Please steer clear of telling other users to kill themselves. thanks! admin@Topix

Click here to acknowledge this warning"

“Abused patience turns to fury.”

Level 2

Since: May 11

Toronto

#3 May 30, 2011
You guys take this site way too seriously.
Level 5

Since: Jun 08

Topix Headquarters

#4 May 30, 2011
HELL UN WHEELS wrote:
The following message was sent to me by Toothless Hillbilly and I reported this threat to TopMod 5.
+
+
Toothless Hillbilly | 21 hrs ago | Reply
Danged straight!
It's called survival of the fittest. You do whatever you have to do to thrive, prosper, & CONQUER!!!
We mold reality to suit our needs & whims. That is what God does. He shapes reality to please him.
If you don't like it, too freaking bad. Kill yourself now & save yourself all the aggravation
http://m.topix.com/forum/afam/TCNOOT623PT21FU...
+
+
+
I received the following message from Admin@Topix accusing me of telling users to kill themselves. I'm advised to "click her to acknowledge this warning"
I did not tell anyone to kill themselves and I will not acknowledge a lie.
"This is a warning from the Topix moderators. Failure to comply with the Topix Terms of Service will result in your forum posts being removed from the system, and a ban on future posting.
Hi there, Please steer clear of telling other users to kill themselves. thanks! admin@Topix
Click here to acknowledge this warning"
Ah, I see. So you were just quoting another user? That wasn't clear in your post in another thread - try to make sure you use the quotation blocks if you are quoting another user.(I've given that user the warning I gave you instead)

Sorry about that - just click the acknowledge button and it'll go away.
Level 5

Topix Headquarters

#5 May 30, 2011
Gold02 wrote:
You guys take this site way too seriously.
This post made me smile :)

Hi Gold02 - haven't seen you posting before, how'd you first hear of Topix?

tm5

Level 2

Toronto

#7 May 30, 2011
I honestly dont remember how I found myself on this site but I'm here now :)
Level 5

Topix Headquarters

#8 May 30, 2011
Gold02 wrote:
I honestly dont remember how I found myself on this site but I'm here now :)
Nice. You seem to take the forums more lightly than some other users. Just so you know, Topix is a huge site with many forums, so don't be afraid to go-a-wandering and explore some of the other forums!

have a good night,
tm5

United States

#9 May 30, 2011
Top Mod 5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, I see. So you were just quoting another user? That wasn't clear in your post in another thread - try to make sure you use the quotation blocks if you are quoting another user.(I've given that user the warning I gave you instead)
1. I advised you of this threat and in your response, you never mentioned this threat.

2. Since when did users needed to cut and paste a message from another user enclosed with qoutayion marks.

3. As indicated below, I stated that "I received the following threat" and proceeded to paste said threat.

""""" """Top Mod 5 | 3 hrs ago | Reply

<quoted text>
When you "...handle them", do you keep records as to who is posting death threats? If Topix improperly "...handle them", that might be perceived as tampering with evidence.
I received the following "threat"!
Toothless Hillbilly | 18 min ago | Reply
Danged straight!
http://m.topix.com/forum/afam/TCNOOT623PT21FU ...

We keep posting information for each post posted on Topix, if that answers your question.

Thanks,
tm5 """"" """"" """"

http://m.topix.com/forum/afam/TDDRHE8G8D0PHLH...
+
+
+
Now I am being accused of of "...telling others to kill themselves" in the following warning and I'm advised to "click here to acknowledge this warning".

Please remove this erroneous warning.

United States

#10 May 30, 2011
Top Mod 5 wrote:
<quoted text>
You said, "just click the acknowledge button and it'll go away".

Clicking on the "acknowledge button" is accepting culpability for something. I have not committed and I will not acknowledge nor do I accept responsibility for something I have not done.

Please remove this warning!

Level 2

Toronto

#11 May 30, 2011
Top Mod 5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice. You seem to take the forums more lightly than some other users. Just so you know, Topix is a huge site with many forums, so don't be afraid to go-a-wandering and explore some of the other forums!
have a good night,
tm5
I will. Thanks :) Night night.

United States

#12 May 30, 2011
If I added quotation marks, then I'd be accused of altering the message.

Zaius-PhD

“The doctor is in.”

Since: Apr 11

Davie, FL

#13 May 30, 2011
Wow, Moses needs a time out for frivolously using the 911 system.

Zaius-PhD

“The doctor is in.”

Davie, FL

#14 May 30, 2011
HELL UN WHEELS wrote:
<quoted text>
You said, "just click the acknowledge button and it'll go away".
Clicking on the "acknowledge button" is accepting culpability for something. I have not committed and I will not acknowledge nor do I accept responsibility for something I have not done.
Please remove this warning!
I am sure you are guilty of something.

United States

#15 May 30, 2011
Top Mod 5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is a message to you from Oh Really and I fail to see any quotation marks in this post. You didn't have a problem with Oh Really's message
+
+
+
oh_Really-___-___-| Friday May 27 | Reply

<quoted text>
Hi OR-I see what you're saying and your frustration.
Do you think that these are comparable terms? I would like to see users have an honest dialogue about these terms, their weight, and their comparability, as it seems that different users feel differently about them.

Comparable?

No, I don't. One is used to TRY to insult us white devils,
...and the other emotionally devastates the melanin enriched cosmic gods and kings.
First off, I'm not frustrated...lol,...I'm not Moses-1

Who wrote:

Oh Really has a free hand to insult blacks and he "went off the rails".
Black people haven't made one reference to white people and TM5 got his tail up on his back.

http://www.topix.com/forum/afam/TEP7FVT7IAK6F ...

Secondly, you give me the "other guy spiel", and MDJ
(a colored woman)
the "contextual" spiel.

I'm fully aware you only respond to complaints, not the actual posts, but let me ask you a real question.
How the fk can the word "negro" be "racist",
when
http://shavarross.com/wp-content/uploads/2010 ...

didn't happen till we GOT one in the WHITE House?

Zaius-PhD

“The doctor is in.”

Davie, FL

#16 May 30, 2011
HELL UN WHEELS wrote:
melanin enriched cosmic gods and kings.
That always makes me laugh.

United States

#17 May 30, 2011
Top Mod 5 wrote:
<quoted text>
I cut and paste a users message just like other users and you want to apply a different standard to me? I find that to be biased and prejudice from one that suppose to be impartial.

Please cut and past the section wherein Oh Really used quotation marks in reference to another user in this message to you.
+
+
+

<quoted text>
Do you think that these are comparable terms? I would like to see users have an honest dialogue about these terms, their weight, and their comparability, as it seems that different users feel differently about them.

Comparable?

...and the other emotionally devastates the melanin enriched cosmic gods and kings.

Who wrote:

Black people haven't made one reference to white people and TM5 got his tail up on his back.

(a colored woman)
the "contextual" spiel.

I'm fully aware you only respond to complaints, not the actual posts, but let me ask you a real question.
when

Level 5

Topix Headquarters

#19 May 30, 2011
Hi H-U-W-

There's no different standard for you, I wasn't saying you "have" to use the quotations or anything, just suggesting it. When you quote things as you do, it's pretty tough to distinguish between things you're saying and things you're quoting, so if possible, try to use the quotes...it really helps! Just a suggestion, not a rule :)

I understand though that you did not make that threat - unfortunately we can't retract warnings. Just click the acknowledge button and it will go away; I'll make a note that the warning was incorrect.

thanks,
tm5

Ezio_Auditore_da _Firenze
Level 1

Vatican City

#20 May 30, 2011
HELL UN WHEELS wrote:
<quoted text>
I cut and paste a users message just like other users and you want to apply a different standard to me? I find that to be biased and prejudice from one that suppose to be impartial.
Please cut and past the section wherein Oh Really used quotation marks in reference to another user in this message to you.
+
+
+
<quoted text>
Comparable?
Who wrote:
(a colored woman)
the "contextual" spiel.
when
Somebody call the Wahmbulance! Losing sleep over this? Do you believe the boogey man will come after you at night?
Maceo

Seattle, WA

#21 May 30, 2011
Top Mod 5 wrote:
Hi H-U-W-
There's no different standard for you, I wasn't saying you "have" to use the quotations or anything, just suggesting it. When you quote things as you do, it's pretty tough to distinguish between things you're saying and things you're quoting, so if possible, try to use the quotes...it really helps! Just a suggestion, not a rule :)
I understand though that you did not make that threat - unfortunately we can't retract warnings. Just click the acknowledge button and it will go away; I'll make a note that the warning was incorrect.
thanks,
tm5
You fake. You been letting those guys come one here for years with that bullshyt. If blacks were going to the Anglo forum you would be screening each post before you let it post. Cut the bull. You wont do anything because they generate responses, users logged in, so your company can make money of advertising. Phony muthafugga.
Mikey Brooklyn NY

South Ozone Park, NY

#22 May 30, 2011
Ezio_Auditore_da_Firenze wrote:
<quoted text>
Somebody call the Wahmbulance! Losing sleep over this? Do you believe the boogey man will come after you at night?
Exactly. That post comes from a group of people who say, We?Whites, wouldn't say it to their faces." Fkkn laughable.

Ezio_Auditore_da _Firenze
Level 1

Vatican City

#24 May 30, 2011
Maceo wrote:
<quoted text>
You fake. You been letting those guys come one here for years with that bullshyt. If blacks were going to the Anglo forum you would be screening each post before you let it post. Cut the bull. You wont do anything because they generate responses, users logged in, so your company can make money of advertising. Phony muthafugga.
Ugh oh. Sounds like a bucket of finger licking good KFC is on the way!

But seriously. Screening each post before they let it post? Sounds like a good idea that white neighborhoods could use. Just in case some fool decides to sell his house there would be a screening process to make sure that the people buying the house are white, thus keeping the property level from sinking and crime going up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 19 min JOHNS ON TOP OF I... 51,946
Why are Black guys so cocky? (Jul '12) 20 min realist 166
Whites don't share the burden of black dysfunct... 47 min Tommy Hoffman Xavier 9
Esau is NOT the white man! (Aug '14) 1 hr Israel 452
A Lesson To Mulattoes or Any IR Dating/Breeding... (Jun '12) 1 hr thisGuy 45
Smartest posters on Topix afam 1 hr CigarFace27 109
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr VetnorsGate 1,707,200
White people GO AWAY 4 hr IT IS I 320
Lone Black Lady Jogging In Park 5 hr Jake 93
Leaving Topix Forever 7 hr The Laughing Axe 31
Nobody is on white people side 8 hr IT IS I 106
Trump's "Listening Session" 8 hr Joey 24
More from around the web