All the 70s babies make some noise!!

All the 70s babies make some noise!!

Posted in the African-American Forum

Odell

United States

#1 Nov 20, 2011
I saw a thread for the 80s babies -- that's cool but not cooler than a thread for the 70s babies.
I was born in early 79 so I know all about the 80s and I had a taste of the 70s. I was raised with 70s babies and we are the best!
Who remember the rubix cube, or the oval shaped Simon says game.
What about my Atari heads with the big game cartidges. Or better yet who remembers going to the Arcade to play Galaga or Pacman for a quarter.
What about our TV shows. What's happening now with Re-run (hey hey hey) or Threes company etc etc.
We had crazy movies "Blackula" or Superfly" or "Shaft" or Star wars or Rocky
or sexy Pam Grier with "Coffey Brown"
70s horror movies were the best -- the Excorsist or the Omen and don't forget about Kujo!

2 parent homes, no crack on the streets, disease free love, lots of jobs ( people stayed employed) no bush or Regan sponsored prison industrial complex.
Social consciousness was high "I'm black and I'm proud" was the mantra. Women were women and Men were men (no crossover) dam do I miss the 70s!!
If you were born after the 70s you missed out. The eighties was the beginning of the NWO (new world order).
Think about it...

“seeing is believing”

Level 6

Since: Jun 11

London / England

#2 Nov 20, 2011
Yeah I am a seventies babe I just wish that I'd been born earlier as the music was banging back then! I was too young to appreciate it though.
:)
Nicole Little

Philadelphia, PA

#3 May 26, 2012
WandaLouise wrote:
Yeah I am a seventies babe I just wish that I'd been born earlier as the music was banging back then! I was too young to appreciate it though.
:)
You may be too young but at least you were around it unlike an 80s baby. I'm glad to be born in 1977.
Anonymous

United States

#4 May 26, 2012
January 26, 1978!! 70s yayyyy!! But grew up in the 80s and 90s

Saturday morning cartoons
yo mtv raps
my dad still had a 8 track player and records!
jelly shoes
biker shorts
fanny packs
fishnet shirts
I remember I could buy a small paper bag full of candy for a dollar
cold coca cola in a bottle
climbing trees with my brother
playing in the stream behind my house catching tadpoles
double dutch
block parties
"no such thing as talking back to your elders"

I lived in the country
Anonymous

United States

#5 May 26, 2012
Oh yeah....jheri curls!!! Lmao
THX and Crumpets

Greenford, UK

#6 May 26, 2012
I was born in 1974, but I don't remember much until I was in the 2nd grade in 1981. We moved a lot -- Dad was a career officer in the USN, I kinda remember Jimmy Carter, but it still seems like Ronald Reagan was president for most of my life, hehehe. I am the middle of 3 brothers all of whom were born in the 1970's (1971, 1974, 1978).

Even though I was born in that decade, I am not overly fond of the cultural artifacts of it. For the first time in a loooooong time I watched a mid-70's episode of M*A*S*H and found it to be insulting to America, her armed forces, and as a Navy brat, completely unrealistic. The junior officers would have been court-marshalled on a daily basis and the commanding officer relieved in perpetuity.

I don't like the music much either. It seems sloppy and lazy for the most part. I'm a little embarrassed to admit that as a teenager I loved metal, which back then consisted mostly of "hair" bands (Ratt, Great White, Crue of course...). However, the year I started college, Nirvana and Pearl Jam, et al, revolutionized popular music and I am still a big fan of (good) grunge to this day.

My parents were both born in 1950 and they fondly remember that decade. I don't feel the same way about the 1970's. I may have "grown up" in the late 80's - early 90's, but my "time" definitely began well after that and continues to this day.

So, this is a "serious" post from me for once. I've been thinking a lot about the subject lately I guess...

My feeling is that we children of the 70's and 80's are sandwiched between the baby boomers and generation Next. I read a book in college called "Generation X", which was supposed to describe us and our supposed inferiority complex, but I certainly have never felt that way. To me, most baby boomers are whiny self-important a-holes.

Hey! Isn't Obama a baby boomer...?
auntie bee

Mount Vernon, IA

#7 May 27, 2012
damned, a lot of jailbait.
Nicole Little

Philadelphia, PA

#8 May 27, 2012
I remember being 2 years old in 1979. I guess that everybody's memory bank is different. My first early childhood memory was when I heard the late Donna Summer's "Bad Girls". At first, I didn't know the name of the singer that sang that record because I was only 2, but it wasn't until I was 5 or 6 that I heard the name Donna Summer, and all the songs that I heard at 2 and 3 years old was her. I miss Donna Summer so much. She's the reason why I know how to sing as a very young age before I could even talk. I heard that the music that came out during your infancy, toddlerhood, and childhood will influence you to the point that as you get older, you will start listening to it. Trust me, I 'm a witness to that.

70s BABIES ROCK!
Rain

Calgary, Canada

#9 Apr 22, 2015
Odell wrote:
I saw a thread for the 80s babies -- that's cool but not cooler than a thread for the 70s babies.
I was born in early 79 so I know all about the 80s and I had a taste of the 70s. I was raised with 70s babies and we are the best!
Who remember the rubix cube, or the oval shaped Simon says game.
What about my Atari heads with the big game cartidges. Or better yet who remembers going to the Arcade to play Galaga or Pacman for a quarter.
What about our TV shows. What's happening now with Re-run (hey hey hey) or Threes company etc etc.
We had crazy movies "Blackula" or Superfly" or "Shaft" or Star wars or Rocky
or sexy Pam Grier with "Coffey Brown"
70s horror movies were the best -- the Excorsist or the Omen and don't forget about Kujo!
2 parent homes, no crack on the streets, disease free love, lots of jobs ( people stayed employed) no bush or Regan sponsored prison industrial complex.
Social consciousness was high "I'm black and I'm proud" was the mantra. Women were women and Men were men (no crossover) dam do I miss the 70s!!
If you were born after the 70s you missed out. The eighties was the beginning of the NWO (new world order).
Think about it...
Enough said. 70s babies rock!

“me! chee hoo! LOL!”

Level 6

Since: Oct 09

Los Angeles, CA

#10 Apr 23, 2015
Rain wrote:
<quoted text>
Enough said. 70s babies rock!
My daughter,
Heaven awaits those who believe and do the Father’s Will.
It is not always easy to do the Father’s Will, for one does not always understand the work that they must do for Our Lord and that is why one must trust and believe that whatever God asks you to do, it is for good reason. For God’s plans are mighty and when carried out, souls will be saved. If one is not patient, then God’s plans cannot be carried out. It is through obedience that one grows and learns to trust, for without obedience one will step ahead of God.
The answers will not always be given to those who do the Father’s Will, for then one would not learn to trust. The answers are given in God’s most perfect timing because God knows how much each child can comprehend. God prepares His children first so they stay strong in their faith through all trials and tribulation. Through God’s grace, one is strengthened and prepared along the way.
The problem today is that many want instant answers. They want to do what they want to do, thus refusing how God wants to direct them. Many then become frustrated and give up because they refuse the guidance needed to stay whole. Many question God due to lack of faith or because of fear. Many do not see themselves the way God sees them, so they refuse to believe that they can do what God is asking of them. This is why so many never do what God is asking of them. My people, there is no longer time to ignore God. You must be more willing to pick up your cross so more can be accomplished in these times. You must believe that God knows what you can do. You must quit doubting every time God speaks to you, for then God’s work cannot be carried through. You must start confiding in God so your relationship can grow, for without coming to know God, you will only become weaker, which will cause you to deny God.
You need to tell God how you feel so that God can help you sort out your feelings, for your thoughts and emotions are what pull you away. It is your desires that lead you astray, for your desires can be very selfish because of your insecurities and weaknesses. One must ask themselves today, are they truly doing what Our Lord is asking of them or are you only pleasing yourselves? Are you walking the road of Calvary or are you taking the easier way out? Do you truly love God or are you denying God?
I say to each of you, surrender and do the Father’s Will no matter how hard it seems, for God will always be your strength. God will guide you and teach you the more perfect way. God will mold you and purify you on this earth if you allow God to. God will discipline you in the areas where you are weak so you become stronger in your faith. God will never leave you, so please remove that fear of thinking you will have to walk alone. God will always protect you and provide you with the answers that you need to know.
So trust, my people, and become more confident in Our Lord so you do not hinder the grace and gifts that God wants to bestow on you. Be more trusting that God will always see you through. Be not angry or do not blame God when things don’t go your way, for in time, all will be perfect if you stay true to Our Lord.
Now, go forth as true believers so that God can work through you, for then your lives will be less stressful because much peace and joy will be given to you. Be more committed to serve Christ so you stay loyal to Our Lord and keep your eyes focused towards Heaven, for then no job will ever be too difficult for you. For Heaven is eternal and awaits all those who believe and do the Father’s Will. Amen.

“"Wrongs don't have rights"”

Since: Feb 15

Location hidden

#11 Apr 23, 2015
Born in '72. Lots of great memories, not like today with children having knowledge of grown folk terms. Innocence was grand, no dark thoughts in the air.

Had to be genuine.

“me! chee hoo! LOL!”

Level 6

Since: Oct 09

Pasadena, CA

#12 Apr 23, 2015
Wadi wrote:
Born in '72. Lots of great memories, not like today with children having knowledge of grown folk terms. Innocence was grand, no dark thoughts in the air.
Had to be genuine.
My child,
I am Jesus, so please write as I speak to you. Please write because there are still many who are not listening to Me. If you let fear enter your heart, instead of writing My words, then these words that I give you cannot be relayed across this world.
My Mother’s time is almost up and I feel pain for those who have refused her assistance on this earth. I feel pain each time someone rejects her. I feel pain because many will not be prepared for all that is coming their way due to sin and selfishness amongst Our children.
My child, because you feel Our pain it is understandable that you want to give up, so I sympathize with you, but I also need to be firm so you stay focused on what we are telling you. Each time you suffer for Me, souls are saved. Each time you write Our words, you are given strength to endure all trials on this earth. Each time you write all that is relayed to you, My Heavenly Father is pleased, so do not hesitate when My Mother and I come to you. Do not be afraid, for you are protected on this earth. Do not think that all will be easy on this earth, for you have been given a heavier cross. Those who seek glory on this earth are not suffering for Me. So, My child, continue to suffer for Me, for through your suffering many more souls will be saved.
Do you now understand, My child, all that I am telling you? When I show you My wounds, don’t turn away. Believe that I endured them because of My love for each of you. If you turn away, then you will not feel the pain that I have for those who are living in sin. You have been chosen to relay Our words, but in order for My Mother and I to speak through you, you must feel Our pain. In order for change to happen, man must listen and respond to all that I am teaching you.
In time, My Mother’s messages will be very explicit so more are directed to safer ground. If you become fearful or doubtful, then the enemy will discourage you. I need you strong and healthy, so I am asking you to spend more time with Me. I need you rested so your mind is clear and free of all the distractions of this world. I need you to turn to Me instead of your friends, or you will not be able to endure all that We are telling you. My son who has been chosen for you will believe, for he too will see the pain that you will have to go through. He will know that these are serious times and that man will have to listen and repent of their ways.
This time of grace will not last. This time of mercy is running out. Sin has become widespread and if man does not soon amend his ways, many more earthly changes will occur. The wicked will not be spared if they do not repent when they see their soul. They will have but little time to make atonement for their sins. This time will not last, so please listen and do not let go of My Mother’s hand. She is gathering as many children as she can for the battles yet to come.
So be faithful, My child, and remain loyal to Me. These times are urgent because sin has polluted much of this earth. My Mother will soon show you Heaven, for this will give you strength to endure all suffering. I have said ‘yes’ to your petitions, so now believe as they unfold.
I love you, My child, for I love each child unconditionally. I am Jesus, your Merciful Lord.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Italians are NOT White!!!! (Feb '12) 10 min Dateman 6,355
Does Washington State Have A Lot Of Racism? (Oct '11) 20 min cracker 59
The Moors, Egyptians and Phoenicians were not b... (Jun '14) 32 min Obsidian2xxx 1,573
White Men Are Effiminate 43 min Obsidian2xxx 11
Police Search for Serial Gang Rapist Described ... 49 min Obsidian2xxx 25
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 1 hr TranshumanX 44,825
Jesus had the skin of Burnt Brass (Mar '11) 1 hr Moses 377
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 2 hr Moses 134,205
Trump taking about deporting illegal immigrants 7 hr Big Woody 58
Whites Are Not To Blame For Your Problems 8 hr BM Need To Listen... 75
More from around the web