Beer Belly Bobs Ghost

Bronx, NY

#208 Dec 2, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Some people believe that the universe itself is the higher power.
Perhaps.

“Romney 2016”

Level 3

Since: Aug 13

Philadelphia, Pa.

#209 Dec 2, 2013
APV wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not self defense when you go looking for a confrontation.
The jury thought like many Americans did, not guilty.
If Trayvon kept his hands to himself instead of acting like a thug, the creap would still be alive today.
People like Bernard Goetz and Zimmerman did what they had to do.
No matter how much spin you minorities put on it
it's still self defense.

Say Hallelujah !!
Beer Belly Bobs Ghost

Bronx, NY

#210 Dec 2, 2013
Jimmy_2016 wrote:
<quoted text>
If Trayvon kept his hands to himself instead of acting like a thug, the creap would still be alive today.
it's still self defense.
Say Hallelujah !!
Thats old news already, GZ is back in court on some new charges. And they'll keep comin till the fool gets locked away.

Just a matter of time.

And why in the hell do you whiteboys need an hispanic jew to do the things you're too afraid to do yourselves these days? Man up bytches and stop hiding behind mixed raced minorities.

Level 8

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#211 Dec 2, 2013
Beer Belly Bobs Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>"Why do you and your buddy Ghost keep using everything from the bible and associating it with religion...."
Because the source of your religion IS the bible. What else does Christianity come from if not the bible? There arent other sources, the bible is it. And you freely admit that only 10-25% of it is factual so you are in essence saying that 75-90% of your faith is fairy tale.
Yes, I can agree with that. Which is why I dont subscribe to it.
Wrong! Religion has been around longer than the writing and universal translation of the bible. Religion is definitely not a byproduct and is the other way around. My religion is the belief in a higher person and creation. I don't agree with everything in the bible.

Level 8

Location hidden

#212 Dec 2, 2013
<quoted text>Lol your questions were about the origin of creation and why? That is not simple and religion certainly has no answer for it.
Well it should be simple to someone like you who proclaim that he knows for a fact that there is no such thing as a religion (higher power) etc. and that science is the answer to everything. Then you should be able to answer these three simple questions.

1. Who created the earth, people and animals and designed us to function perfectly?

2. Why were you created?

3. Did the chicken come before the egg or visa versa?
I M WHITE

Norcross, GA

#213 Dec 2, 2013
Capree wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong! Religion has been around longer than the writing and universal translation of the bible. Religion is definitely not a byproduct and is the other way around. My religion is the belief in a higher person and creation. I don't agree with everything in the bible.
I believe the word you are looking for is agnostic.

Level 8

Location hidden

#214 Dec 2, 2013
<quoted text>What answers? All I hear from religion is that your faith will have to suffice. It doesnt answer anything concretely. Only half azzed murmurings that end in "You must have faith" Sorry, thats just not enough.
No actually religion does answer those question but it is when you question or try to pick apart those explanations is when your faith will have to suffice. You want things written in concrete before you belief it. Well nothing is written in concrete but mere words, not even science. How many times have you seen great scientific discoveries/beliefs at one time be dismissed as nonsense later? But people like you really don't belief in anything in life but the end of it.

Level 8

Location hidden

#215 Dec 2, 2013
I M WHITE wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe the word you are looking for is agnostic.
Thanks but I wasn't going to use the word agnostic because they are confused enough.
Beer Belly Bobs Ghost

Bronx, NY

#216 Dec 2, 2013
Capree wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol the more you post, the less "Christian" you come across as being. Of course religion has been around longer than writing has but what religion are you claiming because Christianity is strictly from the bible? ESPECIALLY the new testament which is Jesus and the apostles. It's the new testament which most Christians adhere to and not the old testament which certainly was first a culture and belief for centuries before it was documented. You seem less and less certain of your stance with every post.
Beer Belly Bobs Ghost

Bronx, NY

#217 Dec 2, 2013
Capree wrote:
<quoted text>
Well it should be simple to someone like you who proclaim that he knows for a fact that there is no such thing as a religion (higher power) etc. and that science is the answer to everything. Then you should be able to answer these three simple questions.
1. Who created the earth, people and animals and designed us to function perfectly?
2. Why were you created?
3. Did the chicken come before the egg or visa versa?
Where did I say I know anything for a fact?

Answers to your questions as best as I can give them:

1. Dunno, but what I do know is that we certainly do NOT function perfectly.
2. Dunno
3. Stupid question.

And if they're so "simple", lets hear your answers.
Beer Belly Bobs Ghost

Bronx, NY

#218 Dec 2, 2013
Capree wrote:
<quoted text>
No actually religion does answer those question but it is when you question or try to pick apart those explanations is when your faith will have to suffice. You want things written in concrete before you belief it. Well nothing is written in concrete but mere words, not even science. How many times have you seen great scientific discoveries/beliefs at one time be dismissed as nonsense later? But people like you really don't belief in anything in life but the end of it.
You're right about science, thats whats known as "evolving". Science doesnt pretend to have all the answers but it discovers as time passes. Religion is just stagnant. Christianity hasnt taken a step forward since the new testament over 2000 years ago. Back then, science was claiming the earth was the center of the universe. Now we know far more then just that being untrue. Meanwhile, religion is still having folks eating the "flesh" of Christ and drinking his "blood"

Level 8

Location hidden

#219 Dec 2, 2013
<quoted text>Of course it's nowhere written that religion is a cult lol. No cult describes itself as such. That would defeat any chance of converting people. But basically thats all religion is. And whether you want to admit it or not, religion is losing ground as mankind steps out of the shadow of ignorance.
Sorry but I don't put too much stock when a person calls a certain group, organization or activity a cult or say that it's cultish just because they don't like them or it. I don't like anime or golfing so should I can call the people who gather together to constantly watch and discuss anime or play golf religiously cults???
<quoted text>

As far as religion and science going hand in hand, perhaps you are right about that. Science needs to reach religious minded people and slowly wean them off of such superstitious nonsense. If that means appealing to those superstitious minds until they realize that they dont need cultism to define their existence then so be it.
Not all religious people are superstitious or follow the verses in the bible that are mere fairytales. But I will tell you this when your scientists do come to wean people off of their beliefs in creation they had damn sure better have the answers themselves which after thousands of years the scientific mind does not.
Beer Belly Bobs Ghost

Bronx, NY

#220 Dec 2, 2013
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful."

Seneca the Younger:

Level 8

Location hidden

#221 Dec 2, 2013
<quoted text>Lol the more you post, the less "Christian" you come across as being. Of course religion has been around longer than writing has but what religion are you claiming because Christianity is strictly from the bible? ESPECIALLY the new testament which is Jesus and the apostles. It's the new testament which most Christians adhere to and not the old testament which certainly was first a culture and belief for centuries before it was documented. You seem less and less certain of your stance with every post.
I never said that I am Christian or follow the bible. Christianity isn't the only the religion in the world and certainly not the oldest. Christianity isn't the only religion without a bible either because all religions have written religious scriptures. Funny you should say that because, I am very firm in my beliefs but with each post you seem to me more and more confused about religion you even though you are condemning it.

Level 8

Location hidden

#222 Dec 2, 2013
<quoted text>Where did I say I know anything for a fact?
Answers to your questions as best as I can give them:
1. Dunno, but what I do know is that we certainly do NOT function perfectly.
2. Dunno
3. Stupid question.
And if they're so "simple", lets hear your answers.
1. How does a healthy body in it's prime malfunction?

2. Religion can tell you this.

3. Again religion holds the answer but you think science holds all the answers when science only states the obvious and uncovers what is already there.

Level 8

Location hidden

#223 Dec 2, 2013
<quoted text>You're right about science, thats whats known as "evolving". Science doesnt pretend to have all the answers but it discovers as time passes. Religion is just stagnant. Christianity hasnt taken a step forward since the new testament over 2000 years ago. Back then, science was claiming the earth was the center of the universe. Now we know far more then just that being untrue. Meanwhile, religion is still having folks eating the "flesh" of Christ and drinking his "blood"
To religion only means Christianity and the Christian bible to you and that could be why we are getting not where.

Level 8

Location hidden

#224 Dec 2, 2013
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful."
Seneca the Younger:
He wasn't wise or a ruler and committed suicide.

APV

“You were saying about bp aging”

Level 3

Since: Apr 08

still busy trolling??

#225 Dec 2, 2013
Jimmy_2016 wrote:
<quoted text>
it's still self defense.
Say Hallelujah !!
I don't agree with that.

The jury only went with the majority to get out of jury duty...doesn't mean they all think he didn't do it. He was released based on a technicality. The defense did a better job than the prosecution that's the real story.

This judgement of his innocent or guilt will be determined by the ultimate judge upon his Judgement Day, which may happen sooner than later based on his current actions.
Beer Belly Bobs Ghost

Bronx, NY

#226 Dec 2, 2013
Capree wrote:
<quoted text>
1. How does a healthy body in it's prime malfunction?
2. Religion can tell you this.
3. Again religion holds the answer but you think science holds all the answers when science only states the obvious and uncovers what is already there.
1. Seemingly healthy bodies malfunction for one reason or another all the time. Bruce Lee, Patrick Swayze,that dude from the first season of Spartacus, and so many others we dont know about.
2. "Religion can tell you this" is not an answer. I would even prefer you just tell me to have faith than that.
3. "Again"...exactly. You're just repeating yourself over and over.
Beer Belly Bobs Ghost

Bronx, NY

#227 Dec 2, 2013
Capree wrote:
<quoted text>
He wasn't wise or a ruler and committed suicide.
He is remembered, he is also a noted philosopher AND a statesman who lived for nearly 70 years. Thats a pretty decent age for a person 2000 years ago. So I would say he prolly had some wisdom. And the fact that he committed suicide makes him no less an impact upon history nor does it detract from whats not very uncommon in the ancient world for philosophers. Socrates also committed suicide and he's the FATHER of philosophy. And it was said the man never lied and guess what? He lived 300 years BEFORE Christ.

But what I find amusing is that you, would glibly discredit a person thats still remembered 2000 years after his death as a THINKING man as "He wasnt wise" smh. And oh may I also point out that you arent a leader either? What makes him less than you? Are YOU gonna be remembered 2000 years from now as a philosopher? are these posts of yours on Topix your legacy to future generations that may view them?

I have my opinion on that but I'll just keep it to myself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min shinningelectr0n 1,217,531
"Monkeys Monkeys" thread (#24) 2 min Big Knob 53
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 3 min African AE 115,631
Latino Men are Sexier than black men. (Jan '13) 5 min Miguel is the man 777
ariana grande dumps big sean. justin bieber to ... 6 min Simon Says 25
Why do most white women hates asian women? (Aug '07) 9 min Pamela 4,177
Why are so many (B) Americans criminals? 11 min Oh No You Di-nt 7
Are white women attracted to black men? (Aug '06) 34 min Kelly A Sill 123,720
News In Detroit Hospital, Black Babies Are Latching On 1 hr Oh No You Di-nt 27
More from around the web