7 US troops among 8 NATO dead in Afgh...

7 US troops among 8 NATO dead in Afghanistan

There are 14 comments on the Palm Beach Post story from May 26, 2011, titled 7 US troops among 8 NATO dead in Afghanistan. In it, Palm Beach Post reports that:

Two Afghan policemen also died and two others were wounded in the explosion in mountainous Shorabak district of Kandahar province, 12 miles from the Pakistan border, said Gen.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Palm Beach Post.

Barbara

Honolulu, HI

#1 May 26, 2011
Time to bring our soldiers home !!!
Barbara

Honolulu, HI

#2 May 26, 2011
Tell Congress to bring our soldiers home - PLEASE
Big John Wayne

Stratford-upon-avon, UK

#3 May 26, 2011
Why not spare just a little praise for the brave Afghans defending their country and families from the occupying filth?

They don't have sophisticated weaponry or billions of dollars to spend every week yet defy those who would wish to impose their rule over them, as they always have done throughout their noble history.

Why the US have not made a blockbuster movie about these heroes? I suggest a bearded, browned-up Tom Cruise would make an ideal tribal leader.
dude

Saint Petersburg, FL

#4 May 26, 2011
Big John Wayne wrote:
Why not spare just a little praise for the brave Afghans defending their country and families from the occupying filth?
They don't have sophisticated weaponry or billions of dollars to spend every week yet defy those who would wish to impose their rule over them, as they always have done throughout their noble history.
Why the US have not made a blockbuster movie about these heroes? I suggest a bearded, browned-up Tom Cruise would make an ideal tribal leader.
You are right they are brave. Not only that Afghanistan is not nick named grave yard for empires for nothing. Never ever has that country been defeated. A bankrupt country will not be able to sustain this war. Looks like Afghanistan is doing it again by adding U.S. to that long list of empires to fail in there.
mother goose

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#5 May 27, 2011
the usa spends $120 billion per year fighting 'terrorism' in afghanistan. if we spent ~1/10 of this building the country back up with schools, hospitals for the people we've maimed, roads, homes for the 100s of 1000s of people 'living' in idp camps,the insurgents would throw down their guns. we could save >100 billion a year and end 'terrorism'. russia should contribute at least as much as the usa.
haliburton should not be hired to reconstruct. it should be done by afghan companies staffed by afghans. the profits should go to afghanistan, not be funneled back to the usa [and cheyney]. if there were any jobs in afghanistan, the lure of the taliban would disappear.
US soldiers are creating terrorism and dying for nothing. they are not helping america. and they will return to find themselves jobless.
Donna

Jackson, WY

#6 May 27, 2011
mother goose wrote:
the usa spends $120 billion per year fighting 'terrorism' in afghanistan. if we spent ~1/10 of this building the country back up with schools, hospitals for the people we've maimed, roads, homes for the 100s of 1000s of people 'living' in idp camps,the insurgents would throw down their guns. we could save >100 billion a year and end 'terrorism'. russia should contribute at least as much as the usa.
haliburton should not be hired to reconstruct. it should be done by afghan companies staffed by afghans. the profits should go to afghanistan, not be funneled back to the usa [and cheyney]. if there were any jobs in afghanistan, the lure of the taliban would disappear.
US soldiers are creating terrorism and dying for nothing. they are not helping america. and they will return to find themselves jobless.
I agree this is senseless a no win situation my son is over there developing schools. They are bombed over an over again. Lets let them take responsibility and not enable them. I agree 100%
Donna

Jackson, WY

#7 May 27, 2011
I agree with you 100% Let them take responsibility this is a no win situation. My son is over there as a contractor why? As soon as he develops a school its bombed.
confused

London, KY

#8 Jan 1, 2013
So they have never been defeated? I thought the Russians pretty much ruled them until we got involved. The Brits owned them until they decided to give the land back because they were getting less than they put in. Alexander the Great conquered them...
Come to think of it everyone beats them then decides it's not worth keeping. Hell the Taliban conquered them and murdered their president.
vesna milos

Thornbury, Australia

#9 Jan 5, 2013
just wondering do you know which of the soldiers was injured, i have a friend by the name of daniel hostrop, he is deployed there,have not heard from him for a while, just wondering if he is ok. i think its time maybe to bring your army people back home where they belong , has this war not gone on long enough,
Ves
from aussie
ARMY MOM

Haleyville, AL

#10 Jan 6, 2013
MY heart goes out to the families...there must be a way to search for recent news without pulling up something 2 yrs old...
Undercover Brother

Berkeley, CA

#11 Jan 6, 2013
Donna wrote:
I agree with you 100% Let them take responsibility this is a no win situation. My son is over there as a contractor why? As soon as he develops a school its bombed.
Why, You ask....because halliburton has 20 year contracts from the boosh years!
FACT

Coquitlam, Canada

#13 Jan 6, 2013
Donna wrote:
YOU WHITE YOU IN FOREIGN LAND YOU AND YOUR SON SHOULD GET BLOWN TO PIECES! ILLEGAL HONKYS!
FACT

Coquitlam, Canada

#14 Jan 6, 2013
WAIT TILL IRAN GETS INVOLVED THEN ALL CRACKERS ARE GOING TO RUN FOR THEIR DEVIL WHITE ASSES FROM A 1200 KM RADIUS WARHEAD
Marie

Canada

#15 Jan 9, 2013
Why are the american soldiers and personnel that have been in Iraq and in Kabul for one year are not allowed to go home yet to their family?
There must be someone not sleeping very well at night to detain this people and think he can do that. Lets return these troops that have done their due over there for a whole year.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kabul, Afghanistan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do Pakistanis dislike Afghans? (Sep '11) 19 hr Ah Nazir Azizi 50
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) Mon Into The Night 35,558
News Turexit: Should Turkey leave NATO? Jul 22 progressive 1
News U.S. commander: Progress in fighting the Taliba... Jul 19 mary scott 1
News Commander: US support of Afghans could be game-... Jul 16 Le Jimbo 2
News Ron Haviv Jun '16 Kosovo is Serbia 1
Afghan Gold! Jun '16 BoldGold_AF 1
More from around the web