Global warming 'undeniable,' scientis...

Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

There are 35576 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jul 29, 2010, titled Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#24484 Mar 18, 2013
jose wrote:
Ok so 3.5 million year camel fosseles were just discovered in the canadian artic because they lived there during a period of global warming(google it) and many of you will read this and still blame everything on modern man, Those of you who do this tell me do you use clothes dryers and spew warm air into the great outdoors or do you use a clothes line and walk the walk as you talk the talk
There used to be palm trees and crocodiles at the Arctic. But if you see the crocs buying Bermuda shorts and sun cream and moving north again, don't think it's nothing to worry about- the rest of the Earth was arid and inhospitable when the Arctic was tropical.

“Headline already in use”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#24485 Mar 19, 2013
Fair Game wrote:
Geological sources are not emitting enough CO2 to explain the rise. Observable fact.
How do you observe all geological sources of CO2 when more than 2/3rd of the Earth is under the oceans?

Global warming is faith based, not science based.

Home, sweet home.

#24486 Mar 19, 2013
Kyle wrote:
You said this a few times, but it's so strangely formulated that I don't understand your point.
My point is simple, if you are going to buy a hair growth product you should try a sample or a product that's been experimentally tested. Why wouldn't you use the same standard for climate change mitigation?

Kyle wrote:
Do you accept the science of climate change, but reject doing anything about it - supposedly on scientific grounds?
I accept the science of climate change; climate always changes. There's no experimental evidence we can do anything to mitigate climate change. I call that 'practical' grounds but if you want to call it 'scientific' grounds; go for it.

We've tens of thousands of years learning to adapt to climate change. Human climate adaptation science is so strong we can now live almost anywhere on Earth. No living species has evolved the ability to mitigate climate change; life adapts.

"the green troll"

#24487 Mar 19, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>How do you observe all geological sources of CO2 when more than 2/3rd of the Earth is under the oceans?
Global warming is faith based, not science based.
CO2 is increasing in the oceans from the top down not the bottom up, and the isotope ratio doesn't match anthropogenic CO2.

Science.

Home, sweet home.

#24488 Mar 19, 2013
Fair Game wrote:
CO2 is increasing in the oceans from the top down not the bottom up, and the isotope ratio doesn't match anthropogenic CO2. Science.
Water moves around, it's fluid. Science.

Please note, if the isotope ratio doesn't match anthropogenic CO2, then the CO2 isn't man made. Problem solved.

"the green troll"

#24489 Mar 19, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Water moves around, it's fluid. Science.
Please note, if the isotope ratio doesn't match anthropogenic CO2, then the CO2 isn't man made. Problem solved.
No, the CO2 isn't volcanic.
SpaceBlues

United States

#24491 Mar 19, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>My point is simple, if you are going to buy a hair growth product you should try a sample or a product that's been experimentally tested. Why wouldn't you use the same standard for climate change mitigation?
OK. You should be using the same principle before you burn fossil fuels.

You are not thinking clearly.
SpaceBlues

United States

#24492 Mar 19, 2013
Bushwhacker wrote:
<quoted text>.. you believe in baldness cures ! LMAOROTFU~!
Yet he does not believe in climate mitigation!

He's confused.
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#24493 Mar 19, 2013
I'm putting my money on bald & dumb, but you're clearly nicer.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#24494 Mar 19, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>... There's no experimental evidence we can do anything to mitigate climate change...
Yes, & there was no experimental evidence that we could go to the Moon in 1963 when President Kennedy proposed we do it. You are just one of the pessimists who GUARANTEE failure before they even try.

What would happen if you started a business with the attitude "I KNOW this business is going to fail"? What if Jeff Bezos had had that attitude when he started Amazon? After all, there was no experimental evidence his business model could work.

You must have had a very tough time in life. Have you ever done ANYTHING worthwhile?
SpaceBlues

United States

#24495 Mar 19, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Global warming is faith based, not science based.
Where's your science?

Since: Nov 11

United States

#24496 Mar 19, 2013
PHD wrote:
<quoted text>Yes they practice scientific science fiction scare tactics. See what happens when you catch them in their lies. They spend hours casting their bad judgments against you and anyone that bucks their scientific science fiction scare tactics.
Today in Ohio is 35 degrees Farengeith Global Warming hot!

United States

#24497 Mar 19, 2013
Kyle wrote:
<quoted text>Says the denier jackass that refuses to acknowledge when I post science that clearly defeats his BS.

Why don't you be a man and respond to the clear facts that I've posted elsewhere that undeniably lay the blame for warming on GHG's? Hmmm? Only denier scum run from facts to spread lies elsewhere.
Because I had already proven your facts wrong! Why repeat myself?

See? I can find any site that proves you wrong but you will refuse to accept their facts!!!

But you will accept any childish refutation of my facts!!

So if my point and yours are both proven wrong by different scientists, you will only pick the ones that refutes mine as the final authority!

That is how we know GW is a HOAX!

United States

#24498 Mar 19, 2013
Iowan wrote:
We need to save planet earth
By raising taxes so Liberals can play more golf!

How convenient!

Hey! Talking about golf balls. Does golf balls breakdown or do they hurt the environment?

Ask Al Gore and Obama after their golf game!

Home, sweet home.

#24499 Mar 19, 2013
Bushwhacker wrote:
Because it's NOT the same, simpleton. Pretty sad, you believe in baldness cures ! LMAOROTFU~!
Most climate change alarmists believe in climate change mitigation because they don't understand science, they believe because of emotion, fear.

You can learn which baldness cures work by looking at the experimental record:

Male pattern baldness

Male pattern baldness is the most common type of hair loss in men...

Two medications are approved to treat male pattern baldness:

Minoxidil (Rogaine) is a solution that you apply directly to the scalp to stimulate the hair follicles. It slows hair loss for many men, and some men grow new hair. Hair loss returns when you stop using this medicine.

Finasteride (Propecia, Proscar) is a pill that interferes with the production of a certain male hormone linked to baldness. It slows hair loss. It works a bit better than minoxidil. Hair loss returns when you stop using this medicine.
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/artic...

Home, sweet home.

#24500 Mar 19, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
Where's your science?
Where's a publication of any experimental test of climate change mitigation?

Home, sweet home.

#24501 Mar 19, 2013
HomoSapiensLaptopicus wrote:
Yes, & there was no experimental evidence that we could go to the Moon in 1963 when President Kennedy proposed we do it. You are just one of the pessimists who GUARANTEE failure before they even try.
The history of rocketry goes back to 1232, rockets have been improved by numerous experimental tests.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_rocke...

What would happen if you started a business with the attitude "I KNOW this business is going to fail"? What if Jeff Bezos had had that attitude when he started Amazon? After all, there was no experimental evidence his business model could work.
Bezos graduated from Princeton, I'm sure he's heard of mail order retailing. He wrote Amazon's business plan in 1994, based on real world tests, not theoretical models. He'd already the success of other online retailers.

You must have had a very tough time in life. Have you ever done ANYTHING worthwhile?
Rockets and Amazon are extensions of previously tried technology; there's never been a single test, trial or experiment that shows its possible to mitigate climate change. Bezos did his due diligence, he went to investors with a working model, not a computer model.

Climate change mitigation is a hoax because there's no record of any successful experimental test that shows its possible.

Home, sweet home.

#24502 Mar 19, 2013
Bushwhacker wrote:
Because it's NOT the same, simpleton. Pretty sad, you believe in baldness cures ! LMAOROTFU~!
Please note, the FDA approved Minoxidil and Finasteride because the experimental data showed they work and don't cause excessive harm. If there was a similar record for climate change mitigation, I'd be on your side promoting mitigation. There's no experimental record of any man made climate change, that's why its a hoax.
SpaceBlues

United States

#24503 Mar 19, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Where's a publication of any experimental test of climate change mitigation?
That's not a response to my question, where's your science?

I understand this is important to you; but where's your science?

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#24504 Mar 19, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
By raising taxes so Liberals can play more golf!
How convenient!
Hey! Talking about golf balls. Does golf balls breakdown or do they hurt the environment?
Ask Al Gore and Obama after their golf game!
Remember, Jose, a revenue-neutral carbon tax removes ZERO money from the economy & adds ZERO money to government. The chances that "liberals can play more golf" is ZERO.

A carbon tax simply distributes money from high to low carbon emitters. It's the best way to begin to save human lives & civilization - assuming it's stiff enough.

BTW, NOBODY spent more time on the golf course than Ike. Yet he was a great president.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kabol, Afghanistan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News American at home in Afghanistan, with some help... Aug 12 Hostis Publicus 1
News Turexit: Should Turkey leave NATO? Jul '16 progressive 1
News U.S. commander: Progress in fighting the Taliba... Jul '16 mary scott 1
News Commander: US support of Afghans could be game-... Jul '16 Le Jimbo 2
News Ron Haviv Jun '16 Kosovo is Serbia 1
News Afghan Taliban select new leader May '16 grover 1
News Taliban leader 'is dead': Obama May '16 tomin cali 10
More from around the web