Afghanistan could mine its way to economic prosperity

Apr 7, 2013 Full story: SouthCoastToday.com

In a rugged valley outside Kabul, where mud-walled villages blend into bare scrubland, a team of international mining experts and Afghan trainees set up camp over the winter to probe the region's mineral resources.

Full Story
Russia Watcher

Columbus, OH

#1 Apr 7, 2013
Afghanistan may have a lot of in the ground wealth, but so does the United States, Russia, Antarctica, etc... Most of the "possible" mineral wealth remains that - possible. Identifying just how much requires boots on the ground - and the likelyhood of getting shot, blown up, or kidnapped. The other problem with removing wealth from Afghanistan is the lack of infrastructure. When a company has to invest several billion USD to build the roads, electrical power plants, etc, before it can get a dime out of the ground, it becomes less likely that any business will invest. China has the Anyak copper mine, they paid a lot of money for access. However, the mine has yet to produce any copper. China is also bringing in all their own labor and banking upon US security for a few more years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kabol, Afghanistan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 2 hr Batch 37 Pain Is ... 32,994
New Afghan govt to sign BSA on Tuesday: Spanta ... Sep 30 Tim 2
Why Afghanistan's 'Underground Girls' Skirt Tra... Sep '14 Faridmuti 1
Buddha bowl return request gets louder Sep '14 Min 44
Retired general to coordinate Iraq, Syria effort Sep '14 Eli 1
COFFEY: Frustrated by Greece, Macedonia proves ... Sep '14 Blagoja 10
President's Plan For ISIS: More War Talk For Th... Sep '14 Abc 1

Kabol, Afghanistan People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE