Afghan Journalist Sentenced to Death

Jan 22, 2008 Full story: E-Ariana 9

“He told them he didn't write this article”

The Associated Press 01/22/2008 By [Printer Friendly Version] KABUL - An Afghan court on Tuesday sentenced a 23-year-old journalism student to death for distributing a paper he printed off the Internet that ... via E-Ariana

Full Story

Since: Jan 08

Karachi, Pakistan

#1 Jan 23, 2008
The stupid court dont know about the freedom of expression, human rights and other civilized norms.

We condemn this court and believe it is just a coward act to kill people for expressing their views on any religious or political subject.

It indicates that our judges are still living in the primitive era or under the brutal and uncivilized rule of the Taliban.
Layla

South Plainfield, NJ

#2 Jun 8, 2008
I do not see the reason one cannot have a free self expresion without being prosecuted for it. We are all individuals, but through journalism, we show it can be ok to be different. We must prove, through stories of gun control, racism, murder, and the presidential elections. It should not be right for courts, especially courts, to put people to death, just because they are tracking down somthing that must be revealed. Journalists have journalistic instincts. We know a story when we see one. We will reveal it, no matter how gruesome, or sorrowful.
Layla

South Plainfield, NJ

#3 Jun 8, 2008
A court may not be 'stupid'. You lose points for that. But I do resect your judment. That I do. BUT IT WAS KIND OF CLUELESS! i would like proof that you have facts please. No offence. I just need proof.
Anti Satan

Carshalton, UK

#4 Jun 10, 2008
Islam is agauinst freedom of speech. Muhammad had many poets assassinated because they mocked him.
Infidel Hot Dog

Montréal, Canada

#5 Jun 24, 2008
Islam means war, persecution and death.

Examples of the Sharia (Islamic law):

1. Offensive, military jihad against non-Muslims is a communal, religious obligation;
2. The penalty for a Muslim apostate (someone who no longer believes in or no longer follows the tenets of Islam) is death;
3. When slaughtering animals for food, a knife must be used to cut the windpipe and gullet;
4. The penalty for fornication or sodomy is being stoned to death;
5. The penalty for an initial theft is amputation of the right hand. Subsequent thefts are penalized by further amputations of feet and hand;
6. The establishment and continuation of the Islamic Caliphate (by force, if necessary) is a communal obligation;
7. Sodomites and Lesbians must be killed.
8. Marriage may be forced on virgins by their father or father's father;
9. A woman must seek permission from her husband to leave the house;
10. A Muslim woman cannot marry anyone but a Muslim;
11. Retaliation is obligatory in most cases when someone is deliberately murdered except when a Muslim kills a non-Muslim, a Jew or a Christian kills a Muslim apostate or a father or mother kill their offspring;
12. Non-Muslim subjects (Ahl al-Dhimma) of a Muslim state are subject to a series of discriminatory laws - "dhimmitude";
13. A non-Muslim cannot testify against a Muslim in court; a person who is "without respectability" cannot give legal testimony; a woman's legal testimony is only given half the legal weight of a man's (and is only acceptable in cases involving property); to legally prove fornication or sodomy requires 4 male witnesses who actually saw the act;
14. Laughing too much is forbidden;
15. Female circumcision, which includes the excision of the clitoris, is obligatory;
16. Slavery is permitted; and,
17. Beating a rebellious wife is permissible.
kha

Swansea, UK

#6 Jun 25, 2008
they should excuted taliban crub

Since: May 08

Germany

#8 Jun 25, 2008
afghann wrote:
The stupid court dont know about the freedom of expression, human rights and other civilized norms.
We condemn this court and believe it is just a coward act to kill people for expressing their views on any religious or political subject.
It indicates that our judges are still living in the primitive era or under the brutal and uncivilized rule of the Taliban.
One thing I cannot understand:

Since the U.S. and NATO were already in Afghanistan fighting, why did they agree to Sharia law?
Infidel Hot Dog

Montréal, Canada

#9 Jun 27, 2008
Lakshmi72 wrote:
<quoted text>
One thing I cannot understand:
Since the U.S. and NATO were already in Afghanistan fighting, why did they agree to Sharia law?
Sharia law is part of the Islamic country of Afghanistan.
salahaddin ayubi

Ethiopia

#10 Jul 31, 2009
..........from where are u looking islam??? i think u are inside a deepest grave of illiteracy or neclect or hate. come out first from where u are to see the everlasting light of ISLAM for those who are below graves can't see the beauty of sunshine what ever it shines!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jowzjan, Afghanistan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
20 militants die in Afghan raid... (Jul '13) Aug '14 So very bored 3
Pakistan calls for boost in Afghan trade (Feb '14) Feb '14 MOMIN ANSARI 3
Why Afghanistan may never eradicate opium (Feb '13) Dec '13 stveie ray 3
Photos: Veterans Day 2013 (Nov '13) Nov '13 roboblogger2 1
In 50 years, huge strides for gay-rights movement (Jun '13) Jun '13 rahm Jizzbucket e... 20
Obama to announce 34,000 troops to return from ... (Feb '13) Feb '13 lololol 2
Pentagon poised to extend some benefits to part... (Feb '13) Feb '13 equalityboy81 1
More from around the web

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:29 pm PST