Afghan Journalist Sentenced to Death

Afghan Journalist Sentenced to Death

There are 3 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Afghan Journalist Sentenced to Death. In it, Newsday reports that:

An Afghan court on Tuesday sentenced a 23-year-old journalism student to death for distributing a paper he printed off the Internet that three judges said violated the tenets of Islam, an official said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Broke taxpayer

New York, NY

#1 Jan 30, 2008
Just got to love that religion of tolerance
behrouz

Capelle Aan Den Ijssel, Netherlands

#2 Jan 30, 2008
The holy prophet has said (Kanz al-'Ummâl, vol. vii. p. 190) "There will come upom my 'ummah' a time of great trial, and the people will have recourse to their 'ulamâ', and lo! they will find them to be apes and swine". That time has clearly come. Who need cartoons to insult Islam when we have mullah's and scholars like this?
Broke taxpayer

New York, NY

#3 Jan 30, 2008
behrouz wrote:
The holy prophet has said (Kanz al-'Ummâl, vol. vii. p. 190) "There will come upom my 'ummah' a time of great trial, and the people will have recourse to their 'ulamâ', and lo! they will find them to be apes and swine". That time has clearly come. Who need cartoons to insult Islam when we have mullah's and scholars like this?
I don't get what you are saying.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jowzjan, Afghanistan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The battle for birth control: Afghanistan's new... Apr '16 Marie-Luise_J 1
News 20 militants die in Afghan raid... (Jul '13) Aug '14 So very bored 3
News Pakistan calls for boost in Afghan trade (Feb '14) Feb '14 MOMIN ANSARI 3
News Why Afghanistan may never eradicate opium (Feb '13) Dec '13 stveie ray 3
News Photos: Veterans Day 2013 (Nov '13) Nov '13 roboblogger2 1
News In 50 years, huge strides for gay-rights movement (Jun '13) Jun '13 rahm Jizzbucket e... 20
News Obama to announce 34,000 troops to return from ... (Feb '13) Feb '13 lololol 2
More from around the web