Obama to announce 34,000 troops to re...

Obama to announce 34,000 troops to return from Afghanistan

There are 2 comments on the The Straits Times story from Feb 12, 2013, titled Obama to announce 34,000 troops to return from Afghanistan. In it, The Straits Times reports that:

Soldiers with the US Army's Bravo Company, 1st Battalion, 36th Infantry Regiment hold a meeting on an upcoming mission at Command Outpost AJK in Kandahar Province, Afghanistan on Jan 29, 2013.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Straits Times.

Sheik Yerbouti

Richmond, IN

#1 Feb 12, 2013
No country has ever been able to conquer Afghanistan and the country is known as an 'empire killer.' Just ask British Major-General William George Keith Elphinstone!
lololol

Albuquerque, NM

#2 Feb 12, 2013
i'm sure these troops will be happy to know obama could have got them home months ago but kept them there so he could make a splash in his speech, way to go Conundrum-in-chief.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jowzjan, Afghanistan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The battle for birth control: Afghanistan's new... Apr '16 Marie-Luise_J 1
News 20 militants die in Afghan raid... (Jul '13) Aug '14 So very bored 3
News Pakistan calls for boost in Afghan trade (Feb '14) Feb '14 MOMIN ANSARI 3
News Why Afghanistan may never eradicate opium (Feb '13) Dec '13 stveie ray 3
News Photos: Veterans Day 2013 (Nov '13) Nov '13 roboblogger2 1
News In 50 years, huge strides for gay-rights movement (Jun '13) Jun '13 rahm Jizzbucket e... 20
News Pentagon poised to extend some benefits to part... (Feb '13) Feb '13 equalityboy81 1
More from around the web